What is this CD? - OS2

This is a discussion on What is this CD? - OS2 ; Hello NG! I would like to try out OS/2. Now there's a CD in front of me with the following caption: FIDUCIA // (IMHO the vendor's name) OS/2 System Release S1/2004.06 inkl. WSoD 14. Dezember 2005 5022132.1 23122005 0763 Anyone ...

  1. What is this CD?

    Hello NG!
    I would like to try out OS/2. Now there's a CD in front of me with the
    following caption:

    FIDUCIA // (IMHO the vendor's name)
    OS/2 System Release
    S1/2004.06
    inkl. WSoD
    14. Dezember 2005

    5022132.1 23122005
    0763

    Anyone got an idea what this is or if one can install an OS/2 on a VM
    from that disk?

    greetings from germany
    Nino Fuermann

    --
    Für E-mails bitte vor dem @ nur [vorname][punkt][nachname-mit-ue]
    stehen lassen, sonst kommt eure mail nicht an...

  2. Re: What is this CD?

    On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 16:08:49 UTC Nino Fürmann
    wrote:

    > Hello NG!
    > I would like to try out OS/2. Now there's a CD in front of me with the
    > following caption:
    >
    > FIDUCIA // (IMHO the vendor's name)
    > OS/2 System Release
    > S1/2004.06
    > inkl. WSoD
    > 14. Dezember 2005
    >
    > 5022132.1 23122005
    > 0763
    >
    > Anyone got an idea what this is or if one can install an OS/2 on a VM
    > from that disk?

    If the dates are correct and consistent, you have what is probably
    what is referred to as ACP/2, the server version, altho I haven't
    actually noticed WSoD on anything since the last copy of Warp Server
    for eBusiness (WSEB) which would make it 8-9 years old by now. A
    simple DIR of the CD root will tell most of the tale. If you have
    only the one CD, you will have to make the boot floppies to initiate
    an install. Refer to the README files for the procedure - it's
    simple. I suspect you will have to do that anyway to get an image but
    haven't tried it yet. If it's the older version, you will likely have
    to install it somewhere in native format and apply updates to all the
    components before imaging the OS - which would be a good idea even if
    it is the latest version.

    --
    Will Honea

  3. Re: What is this CD?

    In , on 10/29/2006
    at 05:08 PM, Nino Fürmann
    said:

    >inkl. WSoD

    Warp Server on Demand?

    reply to spamtrap@library.lspace.org

  4. Re: What is this CD?

    On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 02:12:19 UTC, "Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz"
    wrote:

    > In , on 10/29/2006
    > at 05:08 PM, Nino Fürmann
    > said:
    >
    > >inkl. WSoD

    > Warp Server on Demand?

    Workspace on Demand.

    --
    Bob Eager

  5. Re: What is this CD?

    Bob Eager wrote:
    > On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 02:12:19 UTC, "Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz"
    > wrote:
    >

    >>In , on 10/29/2006
    >> at 05:08 PM, Nino Fürmann
    >>said:
    >>

    >>>inkl. WSoD

    >>Warp Server on Demand?

    > Workspace on Demand.

    Right. And "Fiducia" is a large German account (the facility was used
    for the first Warpstock Europe event). So, this doesn't seem to be an
    IBM created CD and, if it is an WSoD client, it needs to ripl from a
    Warp Server system.

    Regards,
    Bob St.John
    Serenity Systems International