lcd monitor - OS2

This is a discussion on lcd monitor - OS2 ; hey all.. I have a planar 1910m lcd monitor.. I'm not sure how to describe it I noticed some images and certain web pages that show some discoloration artifacts under certain colors. on images, parts of it resemble 16bit images, ...

  1. lcd monitor

    hey all..

    I have a planar 1910m lcd monitor.. I'm not sure how to describe it

    I noticed some images and certain web pages that show some discoloration
    artifacts under certain colors.

    on images, parts of it resemble 16bit images, for example, an image of
    an arm of has the correct coloration/tone, but parts of it are off
    colored and have a darker bluish shade.

    on images that have red in it, it has a sparkle/shimmy effect.

    on websites, I notice a slight band that shimmies, but that goes a way
    after awhile.

    is this an indication that the pixels are going bad? time to get it
    checked?

  2. Re: lcd monitor

    On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 22:46:17 UTC Dilbert Firestorm
    wrote:

    > hey all..
    >
    > I have a planar 1910m lcd monitor.. I'm not sure how to describe it
    >
    > I noticed some images and certain web pages that show some discoloration
    > artifacts under certain colors.
    >
    > on images, parts of it resemble 16bit images, for example, an image of
    > an arm of has the correct coloration/tone, but parts of it are off
    > colored and have a darker bluish shade.
    >
    > on images that have red in it, it has a sparkle/shimmy effect.
    >
    > on websites, I notice a slight band that shimmies, but that goes a way
    > after awhile.
    >
    > is this an indication that the pixels are going bad? time to get it
    > checked?

    You probably have the monitor resolution selected as something other
    than the native pixel count on the lcd. Mine does that if I use
    anything except the native 1280x800 setting.

    --
    Will Honea

  3. Re: lcd monitor

    Dilbert Firestorm wrote:
    > hey all..
    >
    > I have a planar 1910m lcd monitor.. I'm not sure how to describe it
    >
    > I noticed some images and certain web pages that show some discoloration
    > artifacts under certain colors.
    >
    > on images, parts of it resemble 16bit images, for example, an image of
    > an arm of has the correct coloration/tone, but parts of it are off
    > colored and have a darker bluish shade.
    >
    > on images that have red in it, it has a sparkle/shimmy effect.
    >
    > on websites, I notice a slight band that shimmies, but that goes a way
    > after awhile.
    >
    > is this an indication that the pixels are going bad? time to get it
    > checked?

    Are you driving it at the native res of 1280x1024?
    other info like driver/chipset/cables may be of interest.

    Regards

  4. Re: lcd monitor

    Warped_One wrote:

    > Dilbert Firestorm wrote:
    >
    >> hey all..
    >>
    >> I have a planar 1910m lcd monitor.. I'm not sure how to describe it
    >>
    >> I noticed some images and certain web pages that show some
    >> discoloration artifacts under certain colors.
    >>
    >> on images, parts of it resemble 16bit images, for example, an image
    >> of an arm of has the correct coloration/tone, but parts of it are off
    >> colored and have a darker bluish shade.
    >>
    >> on images that have red in it, it has a sparkle/shimmy effect.
    >>
    >> on websites, I notice a slight band that shimmies, but that goes a
    >> way after awhile.
    >>
    >> is this an indication that the pixels are going bad? time to get it
    >> checked?
    >>

    > Are you driving it at the native res of 1280x1024?
    > other info like driver/chipset/cables may be of interest.
    >
    > Regards

    let see..

    I have a matrox G40 on one machine Geforce4 mx20 on the other

    they're both on 1280x1024 setting.

    the cable is run thru the starview KVM device. the mouse port does not
    work, which mean I use 2 mouses for both machines.

  5. Re: lcd monitor

    Dilbert Firestorm wrote:
    > Warped_One wrote:
    >
    >> Dilbert Firestorm wrote:
    >>
    >>> hey all..
    >>>
    >>> I have a planar 1910m lcd monitor.. I'm not sure how to describe it
    >>>
    >>> I noticed some images and certain web pages that show some
    >>> discoloration artifacts under certain colors.
    >>>
    >>> on images, parts of it resemble 16bit images, for example, an image
    >>> of an arm of has the correct coloration/tone, but parts of it are off
    >>> colored and have a darker bluish shade.
    >>>
    >>> on images that have red in it, it has a sparkle/shimmy effect.
    >>>
    >>> on websites, I notice a slight band that shimmies, but that goes a
    >>> way after awhile.
    >>>
    >>> is this an indication that the pixels are going bad? time to get it
    >>> checked?
    >>>

    >> Are you driving it at the native res of 1280x1024?
    >> other info like driver/chipset/cables may be of interest.
    >>
    >> Regards

    > let see..
    >
    > I have a matrox G40 on one machine Geforce4 mx20 on the other
    >
    > they're both on 1280x1024 setting.
    >
    > the cable is run thru the starview KVM device. the mouse port does not
    > work, which mean I use 2 mouses for both machines.

    Perhaps the KVM device is more faulty than the just the mouse port.
    try attaching the monitor to each PC individually, bypassing the KVM.

    This should tell you if the monitor is faulty or the KVM.
    It could be a bad cable too, I guess.

    Good Luck

  6. Re: lcd monitor

    Dilbert Firestorm wrote:
    > hey all..
    >
    > I have a planar 1910m lcd monitor.. I'm not sure how to describe it
    >
    > I noticed some images and certain web pages that show some discoloration
    > artifacts under certain colors.
    >
    > on images, parts of it resemble 16bit images, for example, an image of
    > an arm of has the correct coloration/tone, but parts of it are off
    > colored and have a darker bluish shade.
    >
    > on images that have red in it, it has a sparkle/shimmy effect.
    >
    > on websites, I notice a slight band that shimmies, but that goes a way
    > after awhile.
    >
    > is this an indication that the pixels are going bad? time to get it
    > checked?

    I think maybe your Flash version 9 plugin has corrupted your system.

  7. Re: lcd monitor

    Hollis G. Pennewick wrote:

    > Dilbert Firestorm wrote:
    >
    >> hey all..
    >>
    >> I have a planar 1910m lcd monitor.. I'm not sure how to describe it
    >>
    >> I noticed some images and certain web pages that show some
    >> discoloration artifacts under certain colors.
    >>
    >> on images, parts of it resemble 16bit images, for example, an image
    >> of an arm of has the correct coloration/tone, but parts of it are off
    >> colored and have a darker bluish shade.
    >>
    >> on images that have red in it, it has a sparkle/shimmy effect.
    >>
    >> on websites, I notice a slight band that shimmies, but that goes a
    >> way after awhile.
    >>
    >> is this an indication that the pixels are going bad? time to get it
    >> checked?
    >>

    > I think maybe your Flash version 9 plugin has corrupted your system.

    don't have flash 9

+ Reply to Thread