IBM Announces: eCS dead product with no future - OS2

This is a discussion on IBM Announces: eCS dead product with no future - OS2 ; Walter Mitty wrote: > In an earlier post, Bob St.John postulated: > >>letoured@nospam.net wrote: >> >> >>>That confirms you have unsold licenses. >> >> >> >>You speak about this as though I have some limited inventory of licenses >>and once ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 51 of 51

  1. Re: IBM Announces: eCS dead product with no future

    Walter Mitty wrote:
    > In an earlier post, Bob St.John postulated:
    >
    >>letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    >>

    >>>That confirms you have unsold licenses.

    >>You speak about this as though I have some limited inventory of licenses
    >>and once those are sold, there will be no more. You are incorrect. My
    >>supply of licenses is unlimited. But that isn't really what's import

    > Your website hardly inspires confidence : your "motto" must be on of
    > the most uninspiring ones I have ever seen. Did you design it to stop
    > people purchasing your products?

    The website was designed with an aim at established OS/2 users known to
    have a dislike or hatred for IBM. Serenity Systems has never promoted
    eCS outside of the OS/2 community knowing full well no one outside
    would want to reinvest in a dead product. eCS is, despite what the
    investors howl, a product with no future to speak of. Serenity Systems
    (ok, "The Boob") knows this but he also knows he can con the naive OS/2
    user into believing he can "improve" an OEM version of OS/2. So far
    that hasn't happened and the knowledgeable consensus is it will never
    happen. Thus, eCS is a dead product.

    > "eComStation will remain available as long as it is a good business.
    > There is no end in sight". - Bob St.John,
    >
    > e.g we will continue to sell it while there is a business doing
    > it. Err, yes. I see

    Well, as long has he has gullible consumers to sell it to. There are
    about six of them and they are all established eCS Lusers. You can
    find them in the eCS Yahoo Groups. The same six post and reply to
    themselves continuously. Probably out of lonliness and
    desperation.

  2. Re: IBM Announces end to Maintenance Agreements for OS/2?

    Bob St.John wrote:
    > © The OS2 Guy © wrote:
    >

    >> Why not? IBM hasn't stopped selling maintenance contracts at all.
    >> They have stopped selling OS/2. Anyone with a Warp 4 license can
    >> subscribe to Passport Advantage and purchase an OS/2 Convenience Pack
    >> maintenance contract. And it is automatically renewable. IBM renews
    >> it automatically at the end of each year and sends you an email and
    >> snail mail notice. You have the option of opting out or re-upping
    >> for another $60 or so...

    > Well, perhaps someone should test this because IBM's announcements seem
    > to contradict these statements. Anyone is free to read the announcements
    > and form an opinion, though.

    Lessee ... IBM sent me a notice in mid-November that my subscription to
    PA would be [automatically] renewed as of December 12th, my contract
    expiration date, and that I would be snail mailed a billing for the
    "subscription re-up" a total of $62. I received a billing on the 19th
    and sent off a check the following day. Looks like I'm good until next
    December 12th.

    Why would IBM renew my subscription and not the next OS/2 PA
    subscriber?

  3. Re: IBM Announces end to Maintenance Agreements for OS/2?

    © The OS/2 Guy © wrote:
    > Bob St.John wrote:
    >
    >>© The OS2 Guy © wrote:
    >>

    >>>Why not? IBM hasn't stopped selling maintenance contracts at all.
    >>>They have stopped selling OS/2. Anyone with a Warp 4 license can
    >>>subscribe to Passport Advantage and purchase an OS/2 Convenience Pack
    >>>maintenance contract. And it is automatically renewable. IBM renews
    >>>it automatically at the end of each year and sends you an email and
    >>>snail mail notice. You have the option of opting out or re-upping
    >>>for another $60 or so...

    >>Well, perhaps someone should test this because IBM's announcements seem
    >>to contradict these statements. Anyone is free to read the announcements
    >>and form an opinion, though.

    > Lessee ... IBM sent me a notice in mid-November that my subscription to
    > PA would be [automatically] renewed as of December 12th, my contract
    > expiration date, and that I would be snail mailed a billing for the
    > "subscription re-up" a total of $62. I received a billing on the 19th
    > and sent off a check the following day. Looks like I'm good until next
    > December 12th.
    >
    > Why would IBM renew my subscription and not the next OS/2 PA
    > subscriber?

    Lessee ... if folks get automatically renewed after December 23. We know
    folks will be able to buy eComStation after December 23. And that these
    eComStation users will have access to anything which comes down the PA
    pipeline. And those eComStation users will have access after your
    subscription expires, again.

    But I'm not sure anyone expects significant updates to OS/2 in that
    timeframe. Significant updates to eComStation? Yes.

    Regards,
    Bob St.John
    Serenity Systems International

  4. Re: IBM Announces: eCS dead product with no future

    Stop the screwing around here booby; Give us the name of an IBM source
    that will confirm you will be selling OS2 when they have cut all sales to
    their multi-million dollar enterprise customers.

    Get old Ester to write about about. At least get her on-board here to
    tell us why she isn't writing this blockbuster story.

    In <43b08632$0$1764$8b463f8a@news.nationwide.net>, on 12/26/2005
    at 06:07 PM, "Bob St.John" said:

    >The eCS Guy wrote:
    >
    >> Yes, according to IBM any expiring Passport Advantage subscription
    >> will be automatically renewed and the customer is billed. The customer
    >> has a 30 day window to decide on whether or not he/she wants to
    >> continue the subscription.

    >You continue to avoid dealing with the fact that the product was
    >withdrawn. Its part number is part of the announcement. If someone does
    >not have a support agreement, or has an agreement which is expiring, and
    >they want access to features through IBM ... well, they are too late.

    >Go to http://www-306.ibm.com/software/os/w...uncements.html and
    >select the appropriate geography. The following text is from the US
    >announcement:

    >Affected parts

    >Effective December 23, 2005, IBM will withdraw from marketing the
    >following parts licensed under the IBM International Program License
    >Agreement:

    >Among the list of parts are the maintenance agreemens and renewals:

    >OS/2 Warp 4 5639-A29 OS/2 WARP INSTALL ANNUAL SW E1C4MLL
    > MAINT RNWL
    >OS/2 Warp 4 5639-A29 OS/2 WARP INSTALL FROM OS/2 D5C4LLL
    > XX TRDUP LIC+SW MAINT 12 MO
    >OS/2 Warp 4 5639-A29 OS/2 WARP INSTALL LIC+SW D5C4JLL
    > MAINT 12 MO
    >OS/2 Warp 4 5639-A29 OS/2 WARP INSTALL SW MAINT D5C4NLL
    > REINSTATE 12 MO

  5. Re: IBM Announces: eCS dead product with no future

    Luc Van Bogaert wrote:
    > On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 02:35:18 UTC, " The OS2 Guy "
    > wrote:
    >
    >>eCS is, despite what the
    >>investors howl, a product with no future to speak of.

    > You've been saying this for the last 5 or 6 years, and now... eCS v
    > 2.0 is coming with a lot of excitting new features. Seems the only
    > loser here is you. So have you bought that Win XP license yet? You're
    > gonna need it in a few months.

    Serenity can keep bundling all kinds of free software with eCS, slap
    another upgrade fee on it and call it a new version which is all that
    eCS is. Serenity hasn't provided any new drivers and no OS/2 updates
    or enhancements. Unless you want to state publicly here and now
    that IBM has handed over the source code to OS/2 to Serenity.

    The fact is, Serenity can't update OS/2 at all without OS/2 source code.

    Do you want to say that Luc? (uh huh ... I thought not ... )

    ( Luc will now ignore the question and run away claiming he never
    saw it. )

    The eCS Guy©

  6. Re: IBM Announces end to Maintenance Agreements for OS/2?

    Bob St.John wrote:
    > © The OS/2 Guy © wrote:
    >
    >> Bob St.John wrote:

    >>> Well, perhaps someone should test this because IBM's announcements seem
    >>> to contradict these statements. Anyone is free to read the announcements
    >>> and form an opinion, though.

    >> Lessee ... IBM sent me a notice in mid-November that my subscription to
    >> PA would be [automatically] renewed as of December 12th, my contract
    >> expiration date, and that I would be snail mailed a billing for the
    >> "subscription re-up" a total of $62. I received a billing on the 19th
    >> and sent off a check the following day. Looks like I'm good until next
    >> December 12th.
    >>
    >> Why would IBM renew my subscription and not the next OS/2 PA
    >> subscriber?

    > Lessee ... if folks get automatically renewed after December 23.

    I expect to be renewed automatically this coming February.

    We know
    > folks will be able to buy eComStation after December 23.

    We know that Mensys has unsold inventory of eComstation and I'm sure
    they'd like to move it off. Unfortunately no one is buying it.

    And that these
    > eComStation users will have access to anything which comes down the PA
    > pipeline.

    We know that Serenity won't be providing any new drivers and no new
    updates or enhancements to OS/2. We also know the most Serenity can do
    is add free software and change the eCS logo around, call it an new
    release and charge a new price.

    And those eComStation users will have access after your
    > subscription expires, again.

    But who wants access to a product that doesn't work and uses an older
    version of an OEM OS/2?

    > But I'm not sure anyone expects significant updates to OS/2 in that
    > timeframe. Significant updates to eComStation? Yes.

    Again, without access to OS/2 source code you (Serenity) can't really do
    anything to your OEM version of OS/2 other then pile stuff on top of it
    and make it more unstable and problematic. That's the reason why no one
    buys eCS but you know that.

    The eCS Guy©

  7. Re: IBM Announces: eCS dead product with no future

    --

    Can you give us an official IBM source's number/address who is willing
    to go on the record that ECS loses access to licenses after December

    Mr St John is in a position to know, and he says they continue to be
    under contract. The burden of proof is up to you.

  8. Re: IBM Announces: eCS dead product with no future

    No the burden of proof is on booby and his shills. He claims to be
    selling what IBM isn't even selling to it multi-million dollar enterprise
    customers. He has to prove he has the deal second only to IBM giving DOS
    to bill gates. When you make a preposterous claim, its up the maker to
    prove it; e.g., find us something from IBM stating that OS2 will still be
    sold to booby, when customers like Ford -- who buys much more from IBM
    then booby does -- can't buy OS2.

    In , on 12/27/2005
    at 02:47 PM, "Kevin K" said:

    >On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 13:08:19 UTC, letoured@nospam.net wrote:

    >> Stop the screwing around here booby; Give us the name of an IBM source
    >> that will confirm you will be selling OS2 when they have cut all sales to
    >> their multi-million dollar enterprise customers.
    >>
    >> Get old Ester to write about about. At least get her on-board here to
    >> tell us why she isn't writing this blockbuster story.
    >>

    >> In <43b08632$0$1764$8b463f8a@news.nationwide.net>, on 12/26/2005
    >> at 06:07 PM, "Bob St.John" said:

    >> >You continue to avoid dealing with the fact that the product was
    >> >withdrawn. Its part number is part of the announcement. If someone does
    >> >not have a support agreement, or has an agreement which is expiring, and
    >> >they want access to features through IBM ... well, they are too late.

    >> >Go to http://www-306.ibm.com/software/os/w...uncements.html and
    >> >select the appropriate geography. The following text is from the US
    >> >announcement:

    >> >Affected parts

    >> >Effective December 23, 2005, IBM will withdraw from marketing the
    >> >following parts licensed under the IBM International Program License
    >> >Agreement:

    >> >Among the list of parts are the maintenance agreemens and renewals:

    >> >OS/2 Warp 4 5639-A29 OS/2 WARP INSTALL ANNUAL SW E1C4MLL
    >> > MAINT RNWL
    >> >OS/2 Warp 4 5639-A29 OS/2 WARP INSTALL FROM OS/2 D5C4LLL
    >> > XX TRDUP LIC+SW MAINT 12 MO
    >> >OS/2 Warp 4 5639-A29 OS/2 WARP INSTALL LIC+SW D5C4JLL
    >> > MAINT 12 MO
    >> >OS/2 Warp 4 5639-A29 OS/2 WARP INSTALL SW MAINT D5C4NLL
    >> > REINSTATE 12 MO

  9. Re: IBM Announces: eCS dead product with no future FUD4]

    letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    > No the burden of proof is on booby and his shills. He claims to be
    > selling what IBM isn't even selling to it multi-million dollar enterprise
    > customers. He has to prove he has the deal second only to IBM giving DOS
    > to bill gates. When you make a preposterous claim,

    Please point us to where he did make a claim using the words above, or a
    claim in other words fitting your description above.

  10. Re: IBM Announces: eCS dead product with no future

    Jeroen Besse wrote:
    > letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    >
    >> No the burden of proof is on booby and his shills. He claims to be
    >> selling what IBM isn't even selling to it multi-million dollar enterprise
    >> customers. He has to prove he has the deal second only to IBM giving
    >> DOS
    >> to bill gates. When you make a preposterous claim,

    > Please point us to where he did make a claim using the words above, or a
    > claim in other words fitting your description above.

    Mr. St. John has made the claim several times that he will be selling
    "new" OS/2 licenses after January 1, 2006. That would be quite a
    coup since IBM is no longer selling them and neither is any other
    IBM partner or Enterprise customer who uses OS/2 and needs new
    licenses.

    Mr. St. John has no access to OS/2 source code and without it,
    eCS is a dead product no matter how much he piles on top of it.

    The eCS Guy©

    Luc Van Bogaert wrote:
    > On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 11:00:16 UTC, The eCS Guy
    > wrote:
    >

    >>( Luc will now ignore the question and run away claiming he never
    >>saw it. )

    > Ouch!
    > So it does hurt when you're being ignored, doesn't it? Just what I
    > wanted to know. Thanks!

    I proved my point precisely. You avoided answering the question,
    ran away from answering the question, and returned with a personal
    attack.

    Answer the question, Luc.

    Does Serenity have accesss to IBM's OS/2 source code or not?

    The eCS Guy©

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3