IBM Announces: eCS dead product with no future - OS2

This is a discussion on IBM Announces: eCS dead product with no future - OS2 ; Walter Mitty wrote: > In an earlier post, Bob St.John postulated: > >>letoured@nospam.net wrote: >> >> >>>That confirms you have unsold licenses. >> >> >> >>You speak about this as though I have some limited inventory of licenses >>and once ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 51

  1. Re: IBM Announces: eCS dead product with no future

    Walter Mitty wrote:
    > In an earlier post, Bob St.John postulated:
    >
    >>letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    >>

    >>>That confirms you have unsold licenses.

    >>You speak about this as though I have some limited inventory of licenses
    >>and once those are sold, there will be no more. You are incorrect. My
    >>supply of licenses is unlimited. But that isn't really what's import

    > Your website hardly inspires confidence : your "motto" must be on of
    > the most uninspiring ones I have ever seen. Did you design it to stop
    > people purchasing your products?
    >

    > "eComStation will remain available as long as it is a good business.
    > There is no end in sight". - Bob St.John,
    >
    > e.g we will continue to sell it while there is a business doing
    > it. Err, yes. I see

    I don't think you do. The issue that many folks raise is that they
    don't see OS/2 as a market to support. The statement you quote says, ..
    yes, OS/2 is a good business with no end it sight.

    Being an IBM OEM requires putting up significant revenue to IBM, year
    after year. We do that with eComStation. So .. yes, this is a
    successful commercial venture. It has been for years and it will
    continue to be.

    Not sure what sort of inspiration you were seeking, but the message
    does inspire confidence.

    Regards,
    Bob St.John
    Serenity Systems International

  2. Re: IBM Announces: eCS dead product with no future

    Bob St.John wrote:
    > letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    >

    >> That confirms you have unsold licenses.

    > You speak about this as though I have some limited inventory of licenses
    > and once those are sold, there will be no more.

    You *DO HAVE* a _limited inventory of licenses_ according to your OEM
    contract and once those are sold, there will be no more despite your
    claims otherwise.

    > What's important is that IBM has withdrawn OS/2 from active marketing
    > and Serenity Systems International continues to sell eComStation.

    And what is even more important is that eComstation is a piece of
    crap and no one wants it while OS/2 remains a viable valuable
    operating system being bought and sold at various auctions and
    between private sellers Those sales, which are now the majority of
    all OS/2 sales, far outnumber the sales of eCS.

    But you know that. You're just blowing smoke up your customer's
    asses.

    The eCS Guyİ

  3. Re: IBM Announces: eCS dead product with no future

    Bob St.John wrote:
    > The eCS Guyİ wrote:
    >
    >> Bob St.John wrote:

    >>> That is a pretty big "if". If you do not have PA subscription, or if
    >>> you subscription runs out next month, what do you do?

    >> You renew it.

    > Not according to IBM.

    Yes, according to IBM any expiring Passport Advantage subscription
    will be automatically renewed and the customer is billed. The customer
    has a 30 day window to decide on whether or not he/she wants to
    continue the subscription.

    You can whine all you want Boob but those are the rules of the
    PA agreement.

    The eCS Guyİ

  4. Re: IBM Announces: eCS dead product with no future

    Walter Mitty wrote:
    > In an earlier post, Bob St.John postulated:
    >
    >>letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    >>

    >>>That confirms you have unsold licenses.

    >>You speak about this as though I have some limited inventory of licenses
    >>and once those are sold, there will be no more. You are incorrect. My
    >>supply of licenses is unlimited. But that isn't really what's import

    > Your website hardly inspires confidence : your "motto" must be on of
    > the most uninspiring ones I have ever seen. Did you design it to stop
    > people purchasing your products?
    >

    > "eComStation will remain available as long as it is a good business.
    > There is no end in sight". - Bob St.John,
    >
    > e.g we will continue to sell it while there is a business doing
    > it. Err, yes. I see

    "we will continue to sell it" as long as there are chumps out there
    who will believe our phony marketing claims.

    The eCS Guyİ

  5. Re: IBM Announces: eCS dead product with no future

    Bob St.John wrote:

    > Being an IBM OEM requires putting up significant revenue to IBM, year
    > after year. We do that with eComStation. So .. yes, this is a
    > successful commercial venture. It has been for years and it will
    > continue to be.
    >
    > Not sure what sort of inspiration you were seeking, but the message
    > does inspire confidence.

    Then you should tell them why it is you can't pay your own business
    taxes or business licensing fees. You should tell them why you have
    to sell your pathetic product outside the United States by a distributor
    who ignores the customer complaints and requests for refunds.

    Lie all you want. No one here believes a word you say.

    The eCS Guyİ

  6. Re: IBM Announces: eCS dead product with no future [FUD4]

    The eCS Guyİ wrote:
    > You *DO HAVE* a _limited inventory of licenses_ according to your OEM
    > contract and once those are sold, there will be no more despite your
    > claims otherwise.

    Support your claim and post the contract. You know nobody believes your
    claims without proof.

  7. Re: IBM Announces: eCS dead product with no future [FUD4]

    The eCS Guyİ wrote:
    > Yes, according to IBM any expiring Passport Advantage subscription
    > will be automatically renewed and the customer is billed. The customer
    > has a 30 day window to decide on whether or not he/she wants to
    > continue the subscription.

    But it includes support for OS/2 up to end 2006. After that, PA won't
    include OS/2 support.

  8. Re: IBM Announces: eCS dead product with no future

    In , on 12/26/2005
    at 05:41 PM, letoured@nospam.net said:

    >lying as always.

    PKB.

    *PLONK*

    reply to spamtrap@library.lspace.org

  9. Re: IBM Announces: eCS dead product with no future

    Stop the lying and screwing around here booby; Give us the name of an IBM
    source that will confirm you will be selling OS2 when they have cut all
    sales to their multi-million dollar enterprise customers.

    Get old Ester to write about about. She's running from the story because
    its bull****.

    In <43b055bf$0$1760$8b463f8a@news.nationwide.net>, on 12/26/2005
    at 02:40 PM, "Bob St.John" said:

    >Walter Mitty wrote:

    >>>You speak about this as though I have some limited inventory of licenses
    >>>and once those are sold, there will be no more. You are incorrect. My
    >>>supply of licenses is unlimited. But that isn't really what's import

    >> Your website hardly inspires confidence : your "motto" must be on of
    >> the most uninspiring ones I have ever seen. Did you design it to stop
    >> people purchasing your products?
    >>

    >> "eComStation will remain available as long as it is a good business.
    >> There is no end in sight". - Bob St.John,
    >>
    >> e.g we will continue to sell it while there is a business doing
    >> it. Err, yes. I see

    >I don't think you do. The issue that many folks raise is that they
    >don't see OS/2 as a market to support. The statement you quote says, ..
    >yes, OS/2 is a good business with no end it sight.

    >Being an IBM OEM requires putting up significant revenue to IBM, year
    >after year. We do that with eComStation. So .. yes, this is a
    >successful commercial venture. It has been for years and it will
    >continue to be.

    >Not sure what sort of inspiration you were seeking, but the message
    >does inspire confidence.

    >Regards,
    >Bob St.John
    >Serenity Systems International

  10. Re: IBM Announces: eCS dead product with no future

    The eCS Guyİ wrote:
    > Bob St.John wrote:
    >
    >> letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    >>

    >>> That confirms you have unsold licenses.

    >> You speak about this as though I have some limited inventory of
    >> licenses and once those are sold, there will be no more.

    > You *DO HAVE* a _limited inventory of licenses_ according to your OEM
    > contract and once those are sold, there will be no more despite your
    > claims otherwise.

    Can't help but noticing that you are sounding shrill and desperate. Feel
    free to contact IBM and discuss the terms and conditions of OEM agreements.

    First there was the claim about unsold inventory. Now a "limited
    inventory of licenses". Golly, we manufacture our inventory, including
    licenses. That's what the "M" in OEM stands for.

    And we will manufacture as much as the market requires. So .. don't panic.

    Regards,
    Bob St.John
    Serenity Systems International

  12. FUD4 Re: IBM Announces: eCS dead product with no future

    The eCS Guyİ wrote:

    > Yes, according to IBM any expiring Passport Advantage subscription
    > will be automatically renewed and the customer is billed. The customer
    > has a 30 day window to decide on whether or not he/she wants to
    > continue the subscription.

    You continue to avoid dealing with the fact that the product was
    withdrawn. Its part number is part of the announcement. If someone does
    not have a support agreement, or has an agreement which is expiring, and
    they want access to features through IBM ... well, they are too late.

    Go to http://www-306.ibm.com/software/os/w...uncements.html and
    select the appropriate geography. The following text is from the US
    announcement:

    Affected parts

    Effective December 23, 2005, IBM will withdraw from marketing the
    following parts licensed under the IBM International Program License
    Agreement:

    Among the list of parts are the maintenance agreemens and renewals:

    OS/2 Warp 4 5639-A29 OS/2 WARP INSTALL ANNUAL SW E1C4MLL
    MAINT RNWL
    OS/2 Warp 4 5639-A29 OS/2 WARP INSTALL FROM OS/2 D5C4LLL
    XX TRDUP LIC+SW MAINT 12 MO
    OS/2 Warp 4 5639-A29 OS/2 WARP INSTALL LIC+SW D5C4JLL
    MAINT 12 MO
    OS/2 Warp 4 5639-A29 OS/2 WARP INSTALL SW MAINT D5C4NLL
    REINSTATE 12 MO

  13. Re: IBM Announces: eCS dead product with no future

    Jeroen Besse wrote:
    > The eCS Guyİ wrote:
    >
    >> You *DO HAVE* a _limited inventory of licenses_ according to your OEM
    >> contract and once those are sold, there will be no more despite your
    >> claims otherwise.

    > Support your claim and post the contract. You know nobody believes your
    > claims without proof.

    Prove the contract isn't restricted. Nobody has ever believed
    anything you have ever claimed.

    The eCS Guyİ

  14. Re: IBM Announces: eCS dead product with no future

    Jeroen Besse wrote:
    > The eCS Guyİ wrote:
    >
    >> Yes, according to IBM any expiring Passport Advantage subscription
    >> will be automatically renewed and the customer is billed. The customer
    >> has a 30 day window to decide on whether or not he/she wants to
    >> continue the subscription.

    > But it includes support for OS/2 up to end 2006. After that, PA won't
    > include OS/2 support.

    And yet eCS isn't supported by IBM at all. Never has been. IBM
    says the successor to OS/2 is Linux, not eCS. Serenity has no
    access to OS/2 source code and is restricted to selling unsold
    OEM licenses.

    Ouch!

    The eCS Guyİ

  15. Re: IBM Announces: eCS dead product with no future

    Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz wrote:

    > *PLONK*

    * DOUBLE PLONK PLONK *

    The eCS Guyİ

  16. Re: IBM Announces: eCS dead product with no future

    letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    > Stop the lying and screwing around here booby; Give us the name of an IBM
    > source that will confirm you will be selling OS2 when they have cut all
    > sales to their multi-million dollar enterprise customers.
    >
    > Get old Ester to write about about. She's running from the story because
    > its bull****.

    Does old Ester work for the OS/2-eCS stolen eZine? Is that why she
    won't write about the multi-million dollar eCS customers?

    The eCS Guyİ

  17. Re: IBM Announces: eCS dead product with no future [FUD4]

    The eCS Guyİ wrote:
    > Jeroen Besse wrote:
    >> The eCS Guyİ wrote:
    >>
    >>> You *DO HAVE* a _limited inventory of licenses_ according to your OEM
    >>> contract and once those are sold, there will be no more despite your
    >>> claims otherwise.

    >> Support your claim and post the contract. You know nobody believes
    >> your claims without proof.

    > Prove the contract isn't restricted. Nobody has ever believed
    > anything you have ever claimed.

    Easy: if it's restricted, you're not allowed to uncover parts of it
    (like telling that SSI has only limited inventory of licenses).
    So this proves that either the contract is not restricted, or that you
    are making things up.

    So prove that you aren't making things up by posting the contract.

    --
    Best regards,
    Jeroen Besse

  18. Re: IBM Announces: eCS dead product with no future

    Bob St.John wrote:
    > The eCS Guyİ wrote:
    >>
    >> You *DO HAVE* a _limited inventory of licenses_ according to your OEM
    >> contract and once those are sold, there will be no more despite your
    >> claims otherwise.

    > Can't help but noticing that you are sounding shrill and desperate.

    Check your eyes. It is obvious you are back to desperate lying
    again. You'll lie at just about anything. How come Ester won't
    write about your multi-million dollar deal with IBM to sell OS/2?

    The eCS Guyİ

  19. Re: IBM Announces: eCS dead product with no future

    Bob St.John wrote:
    > Jeroen Besse wrote:
    >
    >> The eCS Guyİ wrote:
    >>
    >>> Yes, according to IBM any expiring Passport Advantage subscription
    >>> will be automatically renewed and the customer is billed. The customer
    >>> has a 30 day window to decide on whether or not he/she wants to
    >>> continue the subscription.

    >> But it includes support for OS/2 up to end 2006. After that, PA won't
    >> include OS/2 support.

    > The challenge is, if IBM ends support at the end of next year, when do
    > they need to stop selling 12 month support agreements? Well, that would
    > be the end of this year. That's why support agreements, renewals, and
    > re-instatements were all withdrawn as part of the announcement.
    >
    > Easy enough to prove. Try to buy one.

    Already did. Had no problem buying one.

    What other lie can you tell?

    The eCS Guyİ

  20. Re: IBM Announces: eCS dead product with no future