OS/2 Connect on Yahoo Thread on eComStation Demo - OS2

This is a discussion on OS/2 Connect on Yahoo Thread on eComStation Demo - OS2 ; Everyone is entitled to an opinion and some of the criticism I've seen here was legitimate and helpful. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/os2conect/message/6231 Other responses from folks who downloaded the demo: ================================== o It's great, I missed my old OS/2 sooo much! o Just ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

  1. OS/2 Connect on Yahoo Thread on eComStation Demo

    Everyone is entitled to an opinion and some of the criticism I've seen
    here was legitimate and helpful.

    Other responses from folks who downloaded the demo:
    ==================================

    o It's great, I missed my old OS/2 sooo much!

    o Just downloaded the demo CD to try for myself before lending it out.
    Works well (so far) on an HP Pavilion ZD7000. Thanks

    o Even configured dsl automatically. Not surprisingly, it looks a lot
    like OS/2

    o It picked up the NIC automatically. I haven't played with it much, but
    it looks Great so far!

    o Visually it is a wast improvement compared to Warp3, the last OS/2
    release I've regularly used, years ago. Thanks for providing this
    interesting demo of what it's like today!

    o I am trying the Demo CD on my daughter's Dell Inspiron 8100 laptop PC,
    after seeing it yesterday on an IBM Thinkpad T42 at the monthly SCOUG
    (So Cal OS/2 Users' Group) meeting. With no fanfare or problems, the
    machine booted right up, played the Flash presentation with sound,
    showed a clear screen, and connected to the Internet. I plan to make a
    few copies of the Demo CD to hand to my Windows using friends. Maybe it
    will open their eyes to other possibilities!

    o The demo CD works with my GeForce5900XT, well done! I'm seriously
    debating getting the full release! Thanks again!

    o This is surprisingly good for a less known operating system.

    o Absolutely awesome! Runs like hell on my ThinkPad T22 - now the only
    thing I need are drivers for my WLAN-Card (Netgear WG511T) ;-) Seriously
    it's good to see that OS/2 is still alive and kicking and I'm seriously
    thinking about getting myself eComStation 1.2 (German) now :-)

    o Very smooth install, I love it! I will be making copies and handing
    them out!

    o Not a bad effort. Booted off the CD and I was presented with the ESC
    desktop. ECS detected my DHCP server without and problems [reltek 8139
    nic], alas Firefox locks the computer as tight as a drum. CAD to reboot.
    I have a USB mouse that worked OK, Sound OK [SB live] Nivdia FX5900
    Ultra, Nforce2 chipset, 1.5gig RAM I'm going to try it on some Sony VAIO
    laptops. I service Sony VAIO laptops for Sony under warranty so I have
    access to the latest hardware to try it on.Not a bad effort. Booted off
    the CD and I was presented with the ESC desktop. ECS detected my DHCP
    server without and problems [reltek 8139 nic], alas Firefox locks the
    computer as tight as a drum. CAD to reboot. I have a USB mouse that
    worked OK, Sound OK [SB live] Nivdia FX5900 Ultra, Nforce2 chipset,
    1.5gig RAM I'm going to try it on some Sony VAIO laptops. I service Sony
    VAIO laptops for Sony under warranty so I have access to the latest
    hardware to try it on.
    ==========================

    Overall response to the demo CD is positive. General negative comments
    come primarily about the pricing, but OS/2 from IBM is more expensive
    and there isn't much to be done in that area. And a number of "open
    source the thing" requests.

    Thousands of downloads so far, and while there are some eComStation
    users, current and past OS/2 users .. there are many users who have no
    experience with OS/2 participating, as well.

    Regards,
    Bob St.John
    Serenity Sytems International

  2. Re: OS/2 Connect on Yahoo Thread on eComStation Demo

    What is the chance of anti-aliased fonts being provided by OS/2 and not
    through a third party library that applications have to link against?

  3. Re: OS/2 Connect on Yahoo Thread on eComStation Demo

    On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 11:30:59 -0600, Jason Bowen wrote:
    > What is the chance of anti-aliased fonts being provided by OS/2 and not
    > through a third party library that applications have to link against?

    Applications don't have to link against the library. You can enable
    anti-aliased fonts for any application, if you like. It's just not always
    a good idea, because some things don't play that well with it.

    You can even enable it for the OS/2 PM shell itself, although it's not
    officially recommended.

    If development continues, perhaps this reliability will improve. But that
    probably involves increased funding for Innotek.

    --
    Alex Taylor
    http://www.cs-club.org/~alex

    Remove hat to reply (reply-to address).

  4. Re: OS/2 Connect on Yahoo Thread on eComStation Demo

    In <4356530f$0$194$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>, on 10/19/2005
    at 09:10 AM, Alex Taylor said:

    >On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 11:30:59 -0600, Jason Bowen wrote: >
    >What is the chance of anti-aliased fonts being provided by OS/2 and not
    >> through a third party library that applications have to link against?

    >Applications don't have to link against the library. You can enable
    >anti-aliased fonts for any application, if you like. It's just not
    >always a good idea, because some things don't play that well with it.

    Others ave said this to. The instructions for doing so are found where?
    Its not in the readme. How would one enable a windows application?

    >You can even enable it for the OS/2 PM shell itself, although it's not
    >officially recommended.

    Where is this information coming from?

    >If development continues, perhaps this reliability will improve. But
    >that probably involves increased funding for Innotek.

  5. Re: OS/2 Connect on Yahoo Thread on eComStation Demo

    On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 16:30:34 -0400, The OS/2 Guy wrote:

    >Every reader should note the immediate spin "The Boob" has quickly
    >spread to counter the bad PR his eCS Demo has garnered in the
    >various eCS forums. Note that the "the eCS Demo is amazing" claims
    >he has cited are all appearing without writer attribution and soon after
    >he posted his nefarious piece of public relations spin came these
    >reviews (and yes, they too will be without writer attribution but all
    >are clearly available to read in the various eCS forums by the
    >original writers):

    Hmm I wasn't planning on giving the demo a spin, but since you recommend
    it so - I think I will )

    Live long and prosper...
    Peter Jespersen, member of Team OS/2 Denmark, Linux User #148303
    flywheel@illogical.dk
    http://www.illogical.dk
    DO NOT ADJUST YOUR MIND - the fault is with reality

  6. Re: OS/2 Connect on Yahoo Thread on eComStation Demo

    Peter Jespersen wrote:

    >On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 16:30:34 -0400, Larry Chauvet wrote:
    >

    >>Every reader should note the immediate spin "The Boob" has quickly
    >>spread to counter the bad PR his eCS Demo has garnered in the
    >>various eCS forums. Note that the "the eCS Demo is amazing" claims
    >>he has cited are all appearing without writer attribution and soon after
    >>he posted his nefarious piece of public relations spin came these
    >>reviews (and yes, they too will be without writer attribution but all
    >>are clearly available to read in the various eCS forums by the
    >>original writers):
    >>

    >Hmm I wasn't planning on giving the demo a spin, but since you recommend
    >it so - I think I will )

    Indeed. Larry does more to promote eCS than he will ever realize! :-)

    The eCS Guy

  7. Re: OS/2 Connect on Yahoo Thread on eComStation Demo

    Peter Jespersen wrote:
    > On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 16:30:34 -0400, The OS/2 Guy wrote:

    > Hmm I wasn't planning on giving the demo a spin, but since you recommend
    > it so - I think I will )

    That's sort of the point. It's there. No need to take anyone's word.

    Regards,
    Bob St.John
    Serenity Systems International

  8. Re: OS/2 Connect on Yahoo Thread on eComStation Demo

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:

    > Please do! One of the reasons I'm able to provide these uncandid
    > reviews is the free unsolicited eCS versions good 'ol "Boob" sends
    > me. Someday he will get the 'refresh' out of the door and the hope
    > is he will do so before he starts peddling the last and final 2.0 version!

    uh .. no. You pay for your product. You have already established that.

    > No sales means no money to market the problematic product and
    > I do what I can.

    As you have been saying for five years now. Yet, it continues to be
    delivered, to be enhanced, add new features and new releases. And, most
    telling, it continues to support the IBM OEM sales volume requirements.
    So, sales and revenue remain good.

    > A few more quotes on the reality of the eCS Demo:

    These quotes are from Yahoo .. but you omit the replies which correct
    the information. For example

    > " ... There's no way to set resolution to anything better than 800 X 600
    > ..."

    Anyone running the demo CD can check to see the resolution ... which is
    established by SNAP. On the machine I tested, the width x height x numer
    of colors is 1024 x 768 x 65536

    Comments from others are not as interesting as trying it. Which is what
    we encourage people to do. And the point is really, does this generate
    interest in the product? And you are establishing that it does. Thank you.

    Way to go demo CD.

    Regards,
    Bob St.John
    Serenity Systems International

  9. Re: OS/2 Connect on Yahoo Thread on eComStation Demo

    Bob St.John wrote:

    > Larry Chauvet wrote:
    >
    >> Please do! One of the reasons I'm able to provide these uncandid
    >> reviews is the free unsolicited eCS versions good 'ol "Boob" sends
    >> me. Someday he will get the 'refresh' out of the door and the hope
    >> is he will do so before he starts peddling the last and final 2.0
    >> version!

    > uh .. no. You pay for your product. You have already established that.
    >

    >> No sales means no money to market the problematic product and
    >> I do what I can.

    > As you have been saying for five years now. Yet, it continues to be
    > delivered, to be enhanced, add new features and new releases. And,
    > most telling, it continues to support the IBM OEM sales volume
    > requirements. So, sales and revenue remain good.
    >

    >> A few more quotes on the reality of the eCS Demo:

    > These quotes are from Yahoo .. but you omit the replies which correct
    > the information. For example
    >
    >> " ... There's no way to set resolution to anything better than 800 X
    >> 600 ..."

    > Anyone running the demo CD can check to see the resolution ... which
    > is established by SNAP. On the machine I tested, the width x height x
    > numer of colors is 1024 x 768 x 65536
    >
    > Comments from others are not as interesting as trying it. Which is
    > what we encourage people to do. And the point is really, does this
    > generate interest in the product? And you are establishing that it
    > does. Thank you.

    Don't try to confuse Larry with actual facts. His brain - such as it
    is - can't deal with it.

    The eCS Guy

  10. Re: OS/2 Connect on Yahoo Thread on eComStation Demo

    Peter Jespersen wrote:
    > On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 16:30:34 -0400, Jeroen Besse wrote:
    >
    >>Every reader should note the immediate spin "The Boob" has quickly
    >>spread to counter the bad PR his eCS Demo has garnered in the
    >>various eCS forums. Note that the "the eCS Demo is amazing" claims
    >>he has cited are all appearing without writer attribution and soon after
    >>he posted his nefarious piece of public relations spin came these
    >>reviews (and yes, they too will be without writer attribution but all
    >>are clearly available to read in the various eCS forums by the
    >>original writers):

    > Hmm I wasn't planning on giving the demo a spin, but since you recommend
    > it so - I think I will )

    Indeed. Jeroen Besse does more to promote OS/2 than he will ever
    realize! :-)

    The eCS Guy

  11. Re: OS/2 Connect on Yahoo Thread on eComStation Demo

    Bob St.John wrote:

    >> Jeroen Besse wrote:
    >>
    >>> Please do! One of the reasons I'm able to provide these uncandid
    >>> reviews is the free unsolicited eCS versions good 'ol "Boob" sends
    >>> me. Someday he will get the 'refresh' out of the door and the hope
    >>> is he will do so before he starts peddling the last and final 2.0
    >>> version!

    >> uh .. no. You pay for your product. You have already established that.
    >>>
    >>> No sales means no money to market the problematic product and
    >>> I do what I can.

    >> As you have been saying for five years now. Yet, it continues to be
    >> delivered, to be enhanced, add new features and new releases. And,
    >> most telling, it continues to support the IBM OEM sales volume
    >> requirements. So, sales and revenue remain good.
    >>

    >>> A few more quotes on the reality of the eCS Demo:

    >> These quotes are from Yahoo .. but you omit the replies which correct
    >> the information. For example
    >>
    >>> " ... There's no way to set resolution to anything better than 800 X
    >>> 600 ..."

    >> Anyone running the demo CD can check to see the resolution ... which
    >> is established by SNAP. On the machine I tested, the width x height x
    >> numer of colors is 1024 x 768 x 65536
    >>
    >> Comments from others are not as interesting as trying it. Which is
    >> what we encourage people to do. And the point is really, does this
    >> generate interest in the product? And you are establishing that it
    >> does. Thank you.

    Don't try to confuse Jeroen with actual facts. His brain - such as it
    is - can't deal with it.

    The eCS Guy

  12. Re: OS/2 Connect on Yahoo Thread on eComStation Demo

    Peter Jespersen wrote:
    > On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 11:48:52 -0400, The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >

    >>Please do! One of the reasons I'm able to provide these uncandid
    >>reviews is the free unsolicited eCS versions good 'ol "Boob" sends
    >>me. Someday he will get the 'refresh' out of the door and the hope
    >>is he will do so before he starts peddling the last and final 2.0 version!
    >>
    >>No sales means no money to market the problematic product and
    >>I do what I can.

    > And I appreciate this - if it wasn't for you I wouldn't have bought the
    > eCS 1.0 in the first place - I was ready for skipping OS/2 technology for
    > good. Then the 1.1 came along and I just had to have it and now I'm
    > running 1.2 and I'm really looking forward to the 1.2.1 and the 2.0.

    ALL OS/2 users are thankful for stupid consumers like yourself. Keep
    up the good work!

    The eCS Guy

  13. Re: OS/2 Connect on Yahoo Thread on eComStation Demo

    Larry Chauvet wrote:

    > Indeed. Jeroen Besse does more to promote OS/2 than he will ever
    > realize! :-)
    >
    > Larry Chauvet

    Wow. Right on schedule, here comes Larry, still lamely attempting to
    impersonate me.

    The eCS Guy

  14. Re: OS/2 Connect on Yahoo Thread on eComStation Demo

    Bob St.John wrote:
    > The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >
    >> Please do! One of the reasons I'm able to provide these uncandid
    >> reviews is the free unsolicited eCS versions good 'ol "Boob" sends
    >> me. Someday he will get the 'refresh' out of the door and the hope
    >> is he will do so before he starts peddling the last and final 2.0
    >> version!

    > uh .. no. You pay for your product. You have already established that.

    Oh stop Boobie. You let the cat out of the bag months ago. Our agreement
    is free releases in perpetuity as long as I publicly promote the
    product. You
    can't product a "payment" "invoice" "credit card" "receipt" or account
    statement
    ever received from me or my employer.

    As far as marketing your silly product, I'm the best you've got and you
    know it.

    >> No sales means no money to market the problematic product and
    >> I do what I can.

    > As you have been saying for five years now.

    It's five and a half years now according to our deal ...

    > Yet, it continues to be
    > delivered,

    Not according to several buyers who have repeatedly complained
    to Mensys about the failure of delivery. Emails go unanswered
    repeatedly. Blank CDs are mailed, if they are mailed at all. You
    still haven't got the so called 'refresh' out the door due to continued
    problems and bugs and you've now reached Beta 4 with no end
    in sight. You promised eCS v2.0 by December.

    > to be enhanced, add new features and new releases.

    There are no new OS/2 enhancements, no new OS/2 features
    and no new releases. You can't alter, change, upgrade or
    touch OS/2 source code. What you have done is piled a bunch
    of proprietary **** on top of OS/2 and made it less stable with
    a loss in operating system power. Oh wait, you changed the
    OS/2 logo to read "eCS". Now there's a joke.

    > And, most
    > telling, it continues to support the IBM OEM sales volume requirements.
    > So, sales and revenue remain good.

    Do they? Then buy me off and hire a public relations firm.
    If you can't do that then your sales are so low that it doesn't
    even leave you enough to pay for your Texas business license
    and forces you to sell the product outside the U.S.

    >> A few more quotes on the reality of the eCS Demo:

    > These quotes are from Yahoo .. but you omit the replies which correct
    > the information.

    No, I returned the statements you won't post publicly. Every one of
    these statements were made and you didn't like it one bit and told
    your investors so.

    For example

    >> " ... There's no way to set resolution to anything better than 800 X
    >> 600 ..."

    > Anyone running the demo CD can check to see the resolution ... which is
    > established by SNAP. On the machine I tested, the width x height x numer
    > of colors is 1024 x 768 x 65536

    This isn't from the original poster at all. It is from another poster
    trying
    to cover up your eCS Demo failings.

    > Comments from others are not as interesting as trying it. Which is what
    > we encourage people to do.

    Well, you encourage OS/2 users to try it and you refuse to step outside
    the OS/2 community because you know you'll be laughed at just as
    one of your salesman was when he said:

    " ... Showed it to Windows-only colleagues ... did feel that the GUI
    looked a little dated ... don't think that I won you any sales ... "

    > And the point is really, does this generate
    > interest in the product? And you are establishing that it does. Thank you.

    And my point is really, does it expose the truth
    about eCS? And I am establishing that it does.

    You are welcome. Please let me know when the refresh finally goes GA.
    Have "Men" drop it in the mail to me soon.

  15. Re: OS/2 Connect on Yahoo Thread on eComStation Demo

    Jeroen Besse aka Identity Thief wrote:
    > Jeroen Besse aka Identity Thief wrote:
    >>
    >> Indeed. Jeroen Besse does more to promote OS/2 than he will ever
    >> realize! :-)
    >>
    >> Jeroen Besse

    Wow. Right on schedule, here comes Jeroen, still lamely trying to
    impersonate me and blaming others. He can't even forge his headers
    to mimic mine. Too bad Jeroen, you made a fool out of yourself ... again.

    The eCS Guy

  16. FUD4 Re: OS/2 Connect on Yahoo Thread on eComStation Demo

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:

    One accurate statement ... out of the entire posting. Here it is:

    >> Anyone running the demo CD can check to see the resolution ...
    >> which is established by SNAP. On the machine I tested, the width x
    >> height x numer of colors is 1024 x 768 x 65536

    > This isn't from the original poster at all. It is from another
    > poster trying to cover up your eCS Demo failings.

    Sorry .. turns out not to be entirely accurate. "Tim" recognized that
    the posting was not from the original poster ... but didn't appreciate
    it was me, writing in the first person as part of the posting. Went
    right over his head.

    So .. I guess I have to back up ... everything "Tim" wrote was
    inaccurate. Which is generally the case when "Tim", in any of his
    personnae, write about eComStation.

    The point remains, the demo CD is there for folks to try and thousands
    have done so. Running OS/2 directly from CD ... never touching the
    user's drive.

    Some more comments:

    > Amazing! I have mixed SCSI and IDE...and an obscure motherboard NIC.
    > All were auto sensed correctly. This has never happend to me before
    > even with full eCS. I used the tcpip configurator, plugged in 4 0r 5
    > parameters and here I am at eCS on the net. Really well done.
    > Gerry C. 2005-10-21 19:09:34

    > I heard this eComStation is similar to OS/2. I have forgetten OS/2 for
    > long period. Now it is fun to see it again.

    Again, from my own experience on one of my eMachines, one of four
    machines on a Lynksys HUB/router connected to a DSL modem, I booted from
    the CD and accepted the defaults. Then opened the Inet folder and double
    clicked on FireFox .. did nothing other than that. FireFox went out and
    loaded the "Thank you for trying the demo CD.. " page on the eComStation
    site.

    So simple, even a marketing guy can do it. And the feedback continues to
    help us refine the demo CD. Thanks to all who have participated.

    Regards,
    Bob St.John
    Serenity Systems International

  17. Boob St. John - is he lying again or just spinning falsehoods?

    Bob St.John wrote:

    > The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >
    > One accurate statement ... out of the entire posting. Here it is:
    >>>
    >>> Anyone running the demo CD can check to see the resolution ...
    >>> which is established by SNAP. On the machine I tested, the width x
    >>> height x numer of colors is 1024 x 768 x 65536

    >> This isn't from the original poster at all. It is from another
    >> poster trying to cover up your eCS Demo failings.

    > Sorry .. turns out not to be entirely accurate. "Tim" recognized that
    > the posting was not from the original poster ... but didn't appreciate
    > it was me, writing in the first person as part of the posting. Went
    > right over his head.

    Yes, it is accurate and my point was your false implication
    that the information was readily available to the original
    complaining poster who said:

    " ... There's no way to set resolution to anything better than 800 X 600
    ...."

    Now whether or not the ability is there is a whole different
    set of options. The original complainer expected the Demo
    to work on his machine and sure enough, it failed to give him
    a higher resolution.

    Now let's go back to the other complainers that you deftly
    edited out so you can pretend their complaints don't matter
    or have little to no value:

    " ... Drives doesn't have anything to refresh removable media ... "
    " ... It was able to read my FAT32 (but not HPFS) partitions ... "
    " ... the background is tiled rather than scaled, which makes it look
    pretty strange ... "
    " ... the eCenter 'window list' widget appears to be non-functional ... "
    " ... it doesn't show any running tasks, you have to use CTRL-ESC or
    left-right mouse button cord on the desktop to bring up the task list ... "
    " ... Showed it to Windows-only colleagues ... did feel that the GUI
    looked a little dated ... don't think that I won you any sales ... "

    All of the above are complaints filed in the eCS newsgroups AFTER
    you came charging in here with your eCS Demo spin. You dismissed
    these guys and rebuked them in the Yahoo groups for speaking
    out publicly on the problems of eCS and the eCS Demo.

    > So .. I guess I have to back up ... everything "Tim" wrote was
    > inaccurate. Which is generally the case when "Tim", in any of his
    > personnae, write about eComStation.

    See above. You've just made a complete fool out of yourself (again).

    > The point remains, the demo CD is there for folks to try and thousands
    > have done so. Running OS/2 directly from CD ... never touching the
    > user's drive.

    Two points: 1st: big deal and 2nd it is a piss poor advertisement
    for eCS and you know it. No one has purchased eCS after seeing
    the Demo and some eCS Lusers have walked away from eCS
    altogether AFTER seeing the eCS Demo.

    > Some more comments:

    More ridiculous made-up spin coming from your own salesmen.

    > So simple, even a marketing guy can do it. And the feedback continues to
    > help us refine the demo CD. Thanks to all who have participated.

    What the honest feedback does is reveal the truth about the failure
    of eCS and you'll dance every which way possible to pretend the
    sky isn't falling on eCS. You'll even thank the idyits who cover their
    eyes while their lips are stuck to your butt.

    Now back to you and me:

    I said:

    "Please do! One of the reasons I'm able to provide these uncandid
    reviews is the free unsolicited eCS versions good 'ol "Boob" sends
    me. Someday he will get the 'refresh' out of the door and the hope
    is he will do so before he starts peddling the last and final 2.0
    version!"

    Which prompted this response from you:

    " uh .. no. You pay for your product. You have already established that. "

    Both statements are a lie. I do not pay for my eCS product and I have
    never "established that". I have consistently maintained that I hold legal
    registered copies of eCS and that I have never paid anyone or any
    entity to obtain them.

    I challenged you to prove your statements. You have my personal
    permission to display any form of documentation you or Mensys has
    to prove your claim that I "pay for [the] product" as well as the claim
    that "[I] have already established that."

    My claim: there is no such receipt, payment via cash, credit card
    or debit card in existence backing Boob's claim that I "pay for" my
    eCS releases. No payment in any form has ever been made to
    Serenity or any Serenity sub-seller or distributor proving that I or
    my employer has ever purchased eComStation.

    I have every copy of eCS released, registered in my name, with
    full access to updates, new offerings, including SVista, issued by
    Serenity through the eComStation website. To verify that, this
    the the current Beta release being offered by Serenity via the
    eComStation website download area available *only* to v1.2
    owners:

    ecs-1_2_1-en_US-Beta-4.zip - Size: 530036441

    Go ahead. Publish your documented proof with a receipt made
    out to me (or to my employer) showing I paid for v1.2. I absolve
    you of all valid legal claims. I do not absolve you and *will* hold
    you criminally responsible for any false or forged documentation
    you falsely publish.

    Expected responses: (1) a weasel out of the claim or (2) he will
    ignore this challenge and finally [bottom line] (3) he will provide no
    proof.

    email: OS2Guy@Gmail.com OR eCSGuy@Gmail.com,

  18. FUD4: "Tim Martin" Claims to be Registered eComStation User?

    Whoa .. from all this sputtering .. such an emotional response .. seems
    to have touched a nerve. But I can appreciate that you have a challenge
    in keeping all your pseudonyms and tales in order. No one expects you to
    keep it straight.

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:

    > "Please do! One of the reasons I'm able to provide these uncandid
    > reviews is the free unsolicited eCS versions good 'ol "Boob" sends
    > me. Someday he will get the 'refresh' out of the door and the hope
    > is he will do so before he starts peddling the last and final 2.0
    > version!"
    >
    > Which prompted this response from you:
    >
    > " uh .. no. You pay for your product. You have already established that. "
    >
    > Both statements are a lie. I do not pay for my eCS product and I have
    > never "established that". I have consistently maintained that I hold legal
    > registered copies of eCS and that I have never paid anyone or any
    > entity to obtain them.

    Gee .. if you hold them the registration would be in your name. Under
    which one of your names is registered? "Tim", "Mai", "Robert", and so
    forth. If it is registered in someone else's name and you "hold" them,
    is this a tranfser of license? Or are you just "holding"?

    > I challenged you to prove your statements. You have my personal
    > permission to display any form of documentation you or Mensys has
    > to prove your claim that I "pay for [the] product" as well as the claim
    > that "[I] have already established that."
    >
    > My claim: there is no such receipt, payment via cash, credit card
    > or debit card in existence backing Boob's claim that I "pay for" my
    > eCS releases. No payment in any form has ever been made to
    > Serenity or any Serenity sub-seller or distributor proving that I or
    > my employer has ever purchased eComStation.

    It's really the "I" which deserves to be in quotes, not the "pay for".
    I mean, there are just so many of "you". Well, if no purchase was made
    by you, are you back to the story about being supplied by the grateful
    inhabitants of Warp City?

    While I do provide software to some users under some circumstances, I
    have never provided anything to you under your "Tim Martin" pseudonym.
    Don't deny that one, you posted through HUD and we all know who works at
    the HUD office in SF. Don't bother with the tales of using workstations
    in the lobby as you just happened to have left Santa Barbara and been in
    the SF HUD lobby at the time. It's really all too rich.

    Fact is, none of your claims are true. If they are, you can always come
    forward and provide proof. Don't be looking for others to provide the
    evidence of your claims.

    > I have every copy of eCS released, registered in my name,

    So, now you claim there is a "Tim Martin" in the registration database?
    Earlier you claimed this was not the case.

    with
    > full access to updates, new offerings, including SVista, issued by
    > Serenity through the eComStation website. To verify that, this
    > the the current Beta release being offered by Serenity via the
    > eComStation website download area available *only* to v1.2
    > owners:
    >
    > ecs-1_2_1-en_US-Beta-4.zip - Size: 530036441
    >
    > Go ahead. Publish your documented proof with a receipt made
    > out to me (or to my employer) showing I paid for v1.2. I absolve
    > you of all valid legal claims. I do not absolve you and *will* hold
    > you criminally responsible for any false or forged documentation
    > you falsely publish.

    Well, golly ... making these demands again puts lie to your claim that
    the material was provided to you by me.

    > Expected responses: (1) a weasel out of the claim or (2) he will
    > ignore this challenge and finally [bottom line] (3) he will provide no
    > proof.

    I think you have already provided "us" with all the proof anyone could
    need. However, you can provide your proof. And I think we all know
    what to expect from you on that score, too. Thanks for playing.

    Regards,
    Bob StJohn
    Serenity Systems Internationl

  19. Boob Punts: OS2Guy wins!

    Bob St.John wrote:

    > Whoa .. from all this sputtering .. such an emotional response .. seems
    > to have touched a nerve. But I can appreciate that you have a challenge
    > in keeping all your pseudonyms and tales in order. No one expects you to
    > keep it straight.

    I win Boob. You did as I predicted and as is your patten: to sputter,
    dodge, weave, dance, cough, punt and lie. You failed to provide
    any evidence to back up your false claim: that I paid for all the eCS
    registered releases you sent me.

    You haven't got one receipt, one account, one iota of documentation
    or evidence to back up your facetious and ridiculous claim.

    I look forward to "Beta 5" of the upcoming refresh as well as the
    last and final release of eCS.

  20. Bob Wins: Larry Chauvet Loses! Again.

    Larry Chauvet wrote:

    > Bob St.John wrote:
    >
    >> Whoa .. from all this sputtering .. such an emotional response ..
    >> seems to have touched a nerve. But I can appreciate that you have a
    >> challenge in keeping all your pseudonyms and tales in order. No one
    >> expects you to keep it straight.

    > I win Boob. You did as I predicted and as is your patten: to sputter,
    > dodge, weave, dance, cough, punt and lie.

    Yes Larry, that's *exactly* what you did. You lose.

    The eCS Guy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast