eComStation Demo A Laugh Riot Joke! - OS2

This is a discussion on eComStation Demo A Laugh Riot Joke! - OS2 ; I can understand why no one is talking about the newly released eComStation demo - it is one big hilarious joke. The best laughs are: The fact that it is an iso file and the online instructions for burning it ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

  1. eComStation Demo A Laugh Riot Joke!

    I can understand why no one is talking about the newly released
    eComStation demo - it is one big hilarious joke.

    The best laughs are:

    The fact that it is an iso file and the online instructions for burning
    it to CD require the use of RSJ for OS/2. Duh... obivously Serenity
    lives in a world of their own and believes no one in the Windows or
    Linux worlds would be interested in a demo version of eComStation!

    The demo fails to work, again, on 9 out of 10 machines.

    When it does work the user ends up with an old and outdated, and may I
    add, very childish looking WPS desktop. When compared to today's other
    operating system desktops, eComStation is absolutely pathetic. I can't
    believe any Linux or Windows user, when seeing this demo, would have any
    desire whatsoever to buy eComStation.

    The "applications" included are but three ... the silliest looking
    calculator that looks as though it were designed by a ten-year old, the
    beta version of Pixel and that ever-so-wild card game of "SeaHaven".
    SeaHaven is so old and visually lacking you have to believe Serenity has
    included it to make sure no one wants to switch to eComStation!
    ROTFLOAO... opps ... I missed the developer tools for all those
    Windows/Linux users who want to develop for eComStation. Of course, the
    instructions say they'll have to install IBM's OS/2 first, buy RSJ/2 for
    umpteem million dollars before they can convert the eCS Demo ISO to a
    bootable CD!

    Don't have OS/2? Don't have RSJ/2? Bob off to Mensys where you can
    actually buy this eComStation Demo CD. Yeah, they will mail it to you
    all the way from Dutchland!!!

    Too Too FUNNY!

    The eCS Guy

  2. Larry Chauvet A Laugh Riot Joke!

    Larry Chauvet, the OS/2 Dumb Ass wrote:

    > I can understand why no one is talking about the newly released
    > eComStation demo - it is one big hilarious joke.
    >
    > The best laughs are:
    >
    > The fact that it is an iso file and the online instructions for
    > burning it to CD require the use of RSJ for OS/2. Duh... obivously
    > Serenity lives in a world of their own and believes no one in the
    > Windows or Linux worlds would be interested in a demo version of
    > eComStation!

    The best laugh is the fact that you are so ****ing stupid you don't
    realize that if it's an ISO image you can use anything to burn it.

    The eCS Guy

  3. Re: eComStation Demo A Laugh Riot Joke!

    On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 14:23:53 UTC, The eCS Guy
    wrote:

    > I can understand why no one is talking about the newly released
    > eComStation demo - it is one big hilarious joke.

    You're the joke, let no one make a mistake about that.

    > The fact that it is an iso file and the online instructions for burning
    > it to CD require the use of RSJ for OS/2. Duh... obivously Serenity
    > lives in a world of their own and believes no one in the Windows or
    > Linux worlds would be interested in a demo version of eComStation!

    I read the documentation that was included, and it contains clear
    instructions on how to burn the CD using Windows.

    > The demo fails to work, again, on 9 out of 10 machines.

    It worked here first time I tried it. I gave the CD to a number of
    people, it worked on every machine it was tried on.

    > When it does work the user ends up with an old and outdated, and may I
    > add, very childish looking WPS desktop.

    All I saw was a standard WPS desktop, with a number of extra features
    that aren't part of OS/2. Given the difficulty you seem to have to
    'install' a WPS object, it's no surprise that you don't seem to know
    how the WPS desktop looks.

    > I can't believe any Linux or Windows user, when seeing this demo, would have any
    > desire whatsoever to buy eComStation.

    You lack imagination...

    > Of course, the instructions say they'll have to install IBM's OS/2 first, buy RSJ/2 for
    > umpteem million dollars before they can convert the eCS Demo ISO to a
    > bootable CD!

    and you're a liar as well.

    --
    Luc Van Bogaert

    Via ProNews/2 & eComStation
    http://www.os2world.com/os2ecs

  4. Re: eComStation Demo A Laugh Riot Joke!

    The eCS Guy wrote:
    > I can understand why no one is talking about the newly released
    > eComStation demo - it is one big hilarious joke.
    >
    > The best laughs are:
    >
    > The fact that it is an iso file and the online instructions for burning
    > it to CD require the use of RSJ for OS/2. Duh... obivously Serenity
    > lives in a world of their own and believes no one in the Windows or
    > Linux worlds would be interested in a demo version of eComStation!
    >
    > The demo fails to work, again, on 9 out of 10 machines.

    It did work one of two of my T30s. The second T30 has only 256meg of
    memory so that may be the reason. It got as far as the "SNAP" screen
    information then hung. The other T30 has 1gig of RAM and it came
    right up. I don't know that the demo is supposed to run on every machine.
    I don't have a Windows machine to try it on.

    > When it does work the user ends up with an old and outdated, and may I
    > add, very childish looking WPS desktop. When compared to today's other
    > operating system desktops, eComStation is absolutely pathetic. I can't
    > believe any Linux or Windows user, when seeing this demo, would have any
    > desire whatsoever to buy eComStation.

    Serenity has never promoted eCS beyond the OS/2 community. The
    Boob really has no desire to expand the eCS marketplace and are
    more concerned with 'converting' the present OS/2 community
    of users.

    > The "applications" included are but three ... the silliest looking
    > calculator that looks as though it were designed by a ten-year old, the
    > beta version of Pixel and that ever-so-wild card game of "SeaHaven".
    > SeaHaven is so old and visually lacking you have to believe Serenity has
    > included it to make sure no one wants to switch to eComStation!
    > ROTFLOAO... opps ... I missed the developer tools for all those
    > Windows/Linux users who want to develop for eComStation. Of course, the
    > instructions say they'll have to install IBM's OS/2 first, buy RSJ/2 for
    > umpteem million dollars before they can convert the eCS Demo ISO to a
    > bootable CD!

    I was surprised by the aged SeaHaven offering the first time I saw
    the demo (what a year ago???) and the calculator is quite cheesy.
    There are far better calculators. I don't use Pixel so I won't offer
    an opinion there.

    > Don't have OS/2? Don't have RSJ/2? Bob off to Mensys where you can
    > actually buy this eComStation Demo CD. Yeah, they will mail it to you
    > all the way from Dutchland!!!
    >
    > Too Too FUNNY!
    >
    > The eCS Guy

    Well, if you're on a dialup I'm not sure it is worth the time. On broadband
    it might be a quick interesting look at eCS if you don't know what it is.
    OTOH, it doesn't really help Serenity or eCS for that matter because it
    does look quite dated and doesn't do a hell of a lot. I think the real
    novelty here is that it actually boots from CD.

    It would have been wiser of Serenity to produce a nice professionally
    made 50-megged Flash v5 or v7 presentation that showed off eCS
    (several dissolving desktops with all the wonderful apps we have today
    including FireFox, Mozilla, Internet capabilities, etc. Would be awesome
    to see a faux look at Embellish as an animated graphic is produced,
    PMView rotating PNGs, NewsHarvest harvesting pictures, Felix Maschek's
    highly stylized Solitaire card game (when I see an MS system and take
    a look at their solitaire the Felix OS/2 offering is superior), Sane, PM123
    and z! running (hey, they can add music to a Flash production), and
    for calculators we could get a nice view of Peter Koller's fine Calc
    program. So many other applications could be simulated that would
    seriously make eCS (or even OS/2 for that matter) the new "must have"
    application.

    What so many outside of the OS/2 community don't understand or
    realize is that we OS/2 users have no fear of riding the Internet.
    There are no trojans, virus or worms to harm us.

    And what about a quick running of a clip from a hit movie like
    "Lord of the Rings" or the new "Wallace and Gromit" in WarpVision,
    simulated, of course.

    Personally I wanted to showoff the eCS demo to friends who know I
    only use OS/2 and have touted it for years. A demo as I described
    above, even as a Flash or animated GIF, would be much more
    appealing than the eCS Demo now being offered by Serenity.
    As it stands now I haven't passed it along to anyone outside of
    the OS/2 community.

  5. Re: eComStation Demo A Laugh Riot Joke!

    Luc Van Bogaert wrote:
    > On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 14:23:53 UTC, The eCS Guy
    > wrote:
    >

    >>I can understand why no one is talking about the newly released
    >>eComStation demo - it is one big hilarious joke.

    > You're the joke, let no one make a mistake about that.

    Stop Luc. Why start a flame war?

    >>The fact that it is an iso file and the online instructions for burning
    >>it to CD require the use of RSJ for OS/2. Duh... obivously Serenity
    >>lives in a world of their own and believes no one in the Windows or
    >>Linux worlds would be interested in a demo version of eComStation!

    > I read the documentation that was included, and it contains clear
    > instructions on how to burn the CD using Windows.

    I think The eCS Guy is referring to the fact that such information
    on the web site is directed at OS/2 users. Send one of your
    "less enlightened" Linux or Windows friends to the site and they
    will more than likely walk away believing the demo isn't for
    their OS.

    >>The demo fails to work, again, on 9 out of 10 machines.

    > It worked here first time I tried it. I gave the CD to a number of
    > people, it worked on every machine it was tried on.

    Well, it only worked 50% of the time on the two machines I
    tried it on. I haven't passed it along to anyone primarily
    because it is somewhat dowdy and doesn't do much to
    enhance the world of OS/2 (or eCS for that matter).

    >>When it does work the user ends up with an old and outdated, and may I
    >>add, very childish looking WPS desktop.

    > All I saw was a standard WPS desktop, with a number of extra features
    > that aren't part of OS/2. Given the difficulty you seem to have to
    > 'install' a WPS object, it's no surprise that you don't seem to know
    > how the WPS desktop looks.

    Standard? This is a demo - a piece of marketing propaganda to sell
    eCS. It should dazzle, not make people laugh. What WPS object did
    The eCS Guy have trouble installing?

    BTW, has Frank fixed his Calendar program so it updates automatically
    without having to reboot your operating system on a daily basis? Holler
    if he has. I'd like to give it another online evaluation.

    >>I can't believe any Linux or Windows user, when seeing this demo, would have any
    >>desire whatsoever to buy eComStation.

    > You lack imagination...

    Perhaps you live in a fantasy world Luc...

    >>Of course, the instructions say they'll have to install IBM's OS/2 first, buy RSJ/2 for
    >>umpteem million dollars before they can convert the eCS Demo ISO to a
    >>bootable CD!

    > and you're a liar as well.

    Again, a reference to the Demo web page which instructs the downloader
    on how to convert an ISO file to a working bootable CD using OS/2 and
    RSJ.

    Don't you eCS guys ever wonder why Serenity doesn't add three separate
    links for each of the more prominent operating systems instead of just
    limiting their marketing promotions to the OS/2 user? Doesn't that bother
    you at all that Serenity insists on keeping eCS away from the Microsoft
    and Linux user?

    We complain like hell when we go to websites like Limewire or PMView
    and they don't offer a set of separate links and instructions for OS/2 users
    and yet, here we sit on our pompous asses, and refuse to peddle our
    wares beyond the OS/2 community.

  6. Re: Jeroen Besse A Laugh Riot Joke!

    The Idenity Thief eCS Guy wrote:
    > Jeroen Besse, the eCS Dumb Ass wrote:
    >
    >> I can understand why no one is talking about the newly released
    >> eComStation demo - it is one big hilarious joke.
    >>
    >> The best laughs are:
    >>
    >> The fact that it is an iso file and the online instructions for
    >> burning it to CD require the use of RSJ for OS/2. Duh... obivously
    >> Serenity lives in a world of their own and believes no one in the
    >> Windows or Linux worlds would be interested in a demo version of
    >> eComStation!

    The best laugh is the fact that you are so fuc*ing stupid you don't
    realize that if it's an ISO image you have to burn it to CD.

    The eCS Guy

  7. Re: eComStation Demo A Laugh Riot Joke!

    Luc Van Bogaert wrote:
    > On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 14:23:53 UTC, The eCS Guy
    > wrote:
    >

    >>I can understand why no one is talking about the newly released
    >>eComStation demo - it is one big hilarious joke.

    > You're the joke, let no one make a mistake about that.

    Anyone with a name like "Luc" is a joke, make no mistake about that.

    >>The fact that it is an iso file and the online instructions for burning
    >>it to CD require the use of RSJ for OS/2. Duh... obivously Serenity
    >>lives in a world of their own and believes no one in the Windows or
    >>Linux worlds would be interested in a demo version of eComStation!

    > I read the documentation that was included, and it contains clear
    > instructions on how to burn the CD using Windows.

    So why does the web site tell those who visit it to use RSJ for OS/2
    to make the demo?

    >>The demo fails to work, again, on 9 out of 10 machines.

    > It worked here first time I tried it. I gave the CD to a number of
    > people, it worked on every machine it was tried on.

    You'r a liar, plain and simple. Read news.ecomstation.nl and
    you'll see 9 out of 10 posters who downloaded it found it wouldn't
    install on their machines. Machines that are already running OS/2.

    >>When it does work the user ends up with an old and outdated, and may I
    >>add, very childish looking WPS desktop.

    > All I saw was a standard WPS desktop, with a number of extra features
    > that aren't part of OS/2. Given the difficulty you seem to have to
    > 'install' a WPS object, it's no surprise that you don't seem to know
    > how the WPS desktop looks.

    You see an old deteriorated desktop with out of date icons. What a
    way to sell eCS!

    >>I can't believe any Linux or Windows user, when seeing this demo, would have any
    >>desire whatsoever to buy eComStation.

    > You lack imagination...

    I have plenty of imagination as well as consumer knowledge. If
    Linux or Ms users thought eCS was something to have they would
    have it. They don't.

    eCS is dead.

    >>Of course, the instructions say they'll have to install IBM's OS/2 first, buy RSJ/2 for
    >>umpteem million dollars before they can convert the eCS Demo ISO to a
    >>bootable CD!

    > and you're a liar as well.

    And you're now desperate because eCS is dead.

    The eCS Guy

  8. Re: Jeroen Besse A Laugh Riot Joke! He's talking to himself now!

    The eCS Guy wrote:
    > Jeroen Besse wrote:
    >
    >> Jeroen Besse wrote:
    >> > I can understand why no one is talking about the newly released
    >> > eComStation demo - it is one big hilarious joke.
    >> >
    >> > The best laughs are:
    >> >
    >> > The fact that it is an iso file and the online instructions for burning
    >> > it to CD require the use of RSJ for OS/2. Duh... obivously Serenity
    >> > lives in a world of their own and believes no one in the Windows or
    >> > Linux worlds would be interested in a demo version of eComStation!
    >> >
    >> > The demo fails to work, again, on 9 out of 10 machines.

    >> It did work one of two of my T30s. The second T30 has only 256meg of
    >> memory so that may be the reason. It got as far as the "SNAP" screen
    >> information then hung. The other T30 has 1gig of RAM and it came
    >> right up. I don't know that the demo is supposed to run on every
    >> machine.
    >> I don't have a Windows machine to try it on.
    >>

    > Look at Jeroen talking to himself - pretending that "The OS/2 Guy" is a
    > reasonable, rational human being!

    What's wrong Jeroen? Does it bother you that another OS/2 user
    finds the eCS Demo a joke?

    The eCS Guy

  9. Re: eComStation Demo A Laugh Riot Joke!

    dinkmeister wrote:
    > I'm afraid your hobby of being an troll and contributing absolutely NOTHING
    > to the OS/2 community is the only real joke here.

    And I'm afraid your desperate cry for attention is contributing even
    less. It must be maddening to know people are abandoning your
    silly z! player for real music players like WarpVision and PM123!

    > Read a bit about yourself, maybe you can improve. http://dink.org/trolls.jpg

    When the world has turned their back on you the best thing you
    can do is fill your time finding stupid pictures and placing them
    on your website.

    How droll you are.

    The eCS Guy

  10. Re: eComStation Demo A Laugh Riot Joke!

    "The eCS Guy" wrote in message
    >I can understand why no one is talking about the newly released
    > eComStation demo - it is one big hilarious joke.
    >
    > The best laughs are:
    >
    > The fact that it is an iso file and the online instructions for burning
    > it to CD require the use of RSJ for OS/2. Duh... obivously Serenity
    > lives in a world of their own and believes no one in the Windows or
    > Linux worlds would be interested in a demo version of eComStation!

    Actually they tell you to download a pdf which explains how to burn the iso
    which includes windows, didn't read it all to see if it includes linux

    > The demo fails to work, again, on 9 out of 10 machines.
    >
    > When it does work the user ends up with an old and outdated, and may I
    > add, very childish looking WPS desktop. When compared to today's other
    > operating system desktops, eComStation is absolutely pathetic. I can't
    > believe any Linux or Windows user, when seeing this demo, would have any
    > desire whatsoever to buy eComStation.
    >
    > The "applications" included are but three ... the silliest looking
    > calculator that looks as though it were designed by a ten-year old, the
    > beta version of Pixel and that ever-so-wild card game of "SeaHaven".
    > SeaHaven is so old and visually lacking you have to believe Serenity has
    > included it to make sure no one wants to switch to eComStation!
    > ROTFLOAO... opps ... I missed the developer tools for all those
    > Windows/Linux users who want to develop for eComStation. Of course, the
    > instructions say they'll have to install IBM's OS/2 first, buy RSJ/2 for
    > umpteem million dollars before they can convert the eCS Demo ISO to a
    > bootable CD!
    >
    > Don't have OS/2? Don't have RSJ/2? Bob off to Mensys where you can
    > actually buy this eComStation Demo CD. Yeah, they will mail it to you
    > all the way from Dutchland!!!
    >
    > Too Too FUNNY!
    >
    > The eCS Guy

  11. Re: eComStation Demo A Laugh Riot Joke!

    Stan wrote:
    > "The eCS Guy" wrote in message
    >
    >>I can understand why no one is talking about the newly released
    >>eComStation demo - it is one big hilarious joke.
    >>
    >>The best laughs are:
    >>
    >>The fact that it is an iso file and the online instructions for burning
    >>it to CD require the use of RSJ for OS/2. Duh... obivously Serenity
    >>lives in a world of their own and believes no one in the Windows or
    >>Linux worlds would be interested in a demo version of eComStation!

    > Actually they tell you to download a pdf which explains how to burn the iso
    > which includes windows, didn't read it all to see if it includes linux

    LOL! How come a Windows or Linux user has to download a pdf?
    It is OBVIOUS Serenity doesn't want a Windows or Linux user to
    even see the eCS DEMO. It's so poorly done I'm surprised they
    even want the OS/2 user to see it!!!

    >>The demo fails to work, again, on 9 out of 10 machines.
    >>
    >>When it does work the user ends up with an old and outdated, and may I
    >>add, very childish looking WPS desktop. When compared to today's other
    >>operating system desktops, eComStation is absolutely pathetic. I can't
    >>believe any Linux or Windows user, when seeing this demo, would have any
    >>desire whatsoever to buy eComStation.
    >>
    >>The "applications" included are but three ... the silliest looking
    >>calculator that looks as though it were designed by a ten-year old, the
    >>beta version of Pixel and that ever-so-wild card game of "SeaHaven".
    >>SeaHaven is so old and visually lacking you have to believe Serenity has
    >>included it to make sure no one wants to switch to eComStation!
    >>ROTFLOAO... opps ... I missed the developer tools for all those
    >>Windows/Linux users who want to develop for eComStation. Of course, the
    >>instructions say they'll have to install IBM's OS/2 first, buy RSJ/2 for
    >>umpteem million dollars before they can convert the eCS Demo ISO to a
    >>bootable CD!
    >>
    >>Don't have OS/2? Don't have RSJ/2? Bob off to Mensys where you can
    >>actually buy this eComStation Demo CD. Yeah, they will mail it to you
    >>all the way from Dutchland!!!
    >>
    >>Too Too FUNNY!

    The eCS Guy

  12. Re: eComStation Demo A Laugh Riot Joke!

    "The eCS Guy" wrote in message
    > Stan wrote:
    >> "The eCS Guy" wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I can understand why no one is talking about the newly released
    >>>eComStation demo - it is one big hilarious joke.
    >>>
    >>>The best laughs are:
    >>>
    >>>The fact that it is an iso file and the online instructions for burning
    >>>it to CD require the use of RSJ for OS/2. Duh... obivously Serenity
    >>>lives in a world of their own and believes no one in the Windows or
    >>>Linux worlds would be interested in a demo version of eComStation!

    >> Actually they tell you to download a pdf which explains how to burn the
    >> iso
    >> which includes windows, didn't read it all to see if it includes linux

    > LOL! How come a Windows or Linux user has to download a pdf?
    > It is OBVIOUS Serenity doesn't want a Windows or Linux user to
    > even see the eCS DEMO. It's so poorly done I'm surprised they
    > even want the OS/2 user to see it!!!

    Well if you don't know how to burn an iso image maybe you shouldn't be here.

    >>>The demo fails to work, again, on 9 out of 10 machines.
    >>>
    >>>When it does work the user ends up with an old and outdated, and may I
    >>>add, very childish looking WPS desktop. When compared to today's other
    >>>operating system desktops, eComStation is absolutely pathetic. I can't
    >>>believe any Linux or Windows user, when seeing this demo, would have any
    >>>desire whatsoever to buy eComStation.
    >>>
    >>>The "applications" included are but three ... the silliest looking
    >>>calculator that looks as though it were designed by a ten-year old, the
    >>>beta version of Pixel and that ever-so-wild card game of "SeaHaven".
    >>>SeaHaven is so old and visually lacking you have to believe Serenity has
    >>>included it to make sure no one wants to switch to eComStation!
    >>>ROTFLOAO... opps ... I missed the developer tools for all those
    >>>Windows/Linux users who want to develop for eComStation. Of course, the
    >>>instructions say they'll have to install IBM's OS/2 first, buy RSJ/2 for
    >>>umpteem million dollars before they can convert the eCS Demo ISO to a
    >>>bootable CD!
    >>>
    >>>Don't have OS/2? Don't have RSJ/2? Bob off to Mensys where you can
    >>>actually buy this eComStation Demo CD. Yeah, they will mail it to you
    >>>all the way from Dutchland!!!
    >>>
    >>>Too Too FUNNY!

    > The eCS Guy

  13. Re: eComStation Demo A Laugh Riot Joke!

    Stan wrote:
    > "The eCS Guy" wrote in message
    >
    >>Stan wrote:
    >>
    >>>"The eCS Guy" wrote in message

    >>>Actually they tell you to download a pdf which explains how to burn the
    >>>iso
    >>>which includes windows, didn't read it all to see if it includes linux

    >>LOL! How come a Windows or Linux user has to download a pdf?
    >>It is OBVIOUS Serenity doesn't want a Windows or Linux user to
    >>even see the eCS DEMO. It's so poorly done I'm surprised they
    >>even want the OS/2 user to see it!!!

    > Well if you don't know how to burn an iso image maybe you shouldn't be here.

    Is THAT the best you can do? What a jerk you are! Tell that to the
    potential Windows or Linux user who reads the stupid hype that eCS
    "is the future of computing" then gets to the download site and finds
    only instructions for OS/2 users. And those instructions say you gotta
    use the native OS/2 CD copying software!

    Geez, you guys are stupid!!! But what's worse is the two-bit demo
    itself! It looks like a ten-year old's desktop.

    What a joke the eCS Demo is!!!

    The eCS Guy

  14. Re: eComStation Demo A Laugh Riot Joke!

    Stan wrote:
    > "The eCS Guy" wrote in message
    >
    >>I can understand why no one is talking about the newly released
    >>eComStation demo - it is one big hilarious joke.
    >>
    >>The best laughs are:
    >>
    >>The fact that it is an iso file and the online instructions for burning
    >>it to CD require the use of RSJ for OS/2. Duh... obivously Serenity
    >>lives in a world of their own and believes no one in the Windows or
    >>Linux worlds would be interested in a demo version of eComStation!

    > Actually they tell you to download a pdf which explains how to burn the iso
    > which includes windows, didn't read it all to see if it includes linux

    If only you were right. But no, I go to the link at:

    http://www.ecomstation.com/democd/

    and it says:

    Download ?
    The download size of the CD is around 70 MB, and contains an ISO file
    that you need to burn onto CD-Rom (instructions)

    The 'instructions' at this link:

    http://www.ecomstation.com/edp/mod.p...wer&faq_id=152

    which is in the parentheses, then say:

    [begin 'instructions' excerpt]
    Q: How to create CDs from ISO files under eComStation?
    A: Creating eComStation install CD's under OS/2 /eComStation with RSJ

    You can also download the extended PDF version of this explanation

    Before you start the download of the eComStation images make certain you
    have enough diskspace. Each ZIP file requires between 400 to 550 MB of
    diskspace. In addition, the ISO file also needs to be unzipped. (An ISO
    file for a CD has a maximum size of 650 MB).

    The following instructions apply only if you have installed the
    commercial CD ROM burn software RSJ for OS/2/eComStation (this is
    available from www.rsj.de)
    [end 'instructions' excerpt]

    I didn't download the pdf file so it may actually talk about Windows but
    the leadin certainly does not sound to me to be very inviting to non-eCS
    users since it presumes that you have RSJ and OS/2 or eCS already
    installed so it looks to me like the demo CD is aimed at existing OS/2
    and eCS users. Maybe they are supposed to make copies of the demo CD
    and then go around evangelizing and giving them away to their
    Windows/Linux/Mac-using acquaintances. Or maybe the demo CD is a trojan
    to survey the OS/2 users system and send info to someone.
    Whatever.

    --
    Posted with OS/2 Warp 4.52
    and IBM Web Browser v2.0.5

  15. Re: eComStation Demo A Laugh Riot Joke!

    "David T. Johnson" wrote in message
    > Stan wrote:
    >> "The eCS Guy" wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I can understand why no one is talking about the newly released
    >>>eComStation demo - it is one big hilarious joke.
    >>>
    >>>The best laughs are:
    >>>
    >>>The fact that it is an iso file and the online instructions for burning
    >>>it to CD require the use of RSJ for OS/2. Duh... obivously Serenity
    >>>lives in a world of their own and believes no one in the Windows or
    >>>Linux worlds would be interested in a demo version of eComStation!

    >> Actually they tell you to download a pdf which explains how to burn the
    >> iso
    >> which includes windows, didn't read it all to see if it includes linux

    > If only you were right. But no, I go to the link at:
    >
    > http://www.ecomstation.com/democd/
    >
    > and it says:
    >
    > Download ?
    > The download size of the CD is around 70 MB, and contains an ISO file
    > that you need to burn onto CD-Rom (instructions)
    >
    > The 'instructions' at this link:
    >
    > http://www.ecomstation.com/edp/mod.p...wer&faq_id=152
    >

    > which is in the parentheses, then say:
    >
    > [begin 'instructions' excerpt]
    > Q: How to create CDs from ISO files under eComStation?
    > A: Creating eComStation install CD's under OS/2 /eComStation with RSJ
    >
    > You can also download the extended PDF version of this explanation

    Which is what I did and it had the windows instructions on it.

    > Before you start the download of the eComStation images make certain you
    > have enough diskspace. Each ZIP file requires between 400 to 550 MB of
    > diskspace. In addition, the ISO file also needs to be unzipped. (An ISO
    > file for a CD has a maximum size of 650 MB).
    >
    > The following instructions apply only if you have installed the
    > commercial CD ROM burn software RSJ for OS/2/eComStation (this is
    > available from www.rsj.de)
    > [end 'instructions' excerpt]
    >
    > I didn't download the pdf file so it may actually talk about Windows but
    > the leadin certainly does not sound to me to be very inviting to non-eCS
    > users since it presumes that you have RSJ and OS/2 or eCS already

    you are correct here the lead in does not mention windows only rsj os/2/ecs
    you have to read the pdf to see windows instructions and it covers using
    nero to creqate the image

    > installed so it looks to me like the demo CD is aimed at existing OS/2
    > and eCS users. Maybe they are supposed to make copies of the demo CD
    > and then go around evangelizing and giving them away to their
    > Windows/Linux/Mac-using acquaintances. Or maybe the demo CD is a trojan
    > to survey the OS/2 users system and send info to someone.
    > Whatever.
    >

    > --
    > Posted with OS/2 Warp 4.52
    > and IBM Web Browser v2.0.5

  16. Re: eComStation Demo A Laugh Riot Joke!

    "The eCS Guy" wrote in message
    > Stan wrote:
    >> "The eCS Guy" wrote in message

    >>>LOL! How come a Windows or Linux user has to download a pdf?
    >>>It is OBVIOUS Serenity doesn't want a Windows or Linux user to
    >>>even see the eCS DEMO. It's so poorly done I'm surprised they
    >>>even want the OS/2 user to see it!!!

    >> Well if you don't know how to burn an iso image maybe you shouldn't be
    >> here.

    > Is THAT the best you can do? What a jerk you are! Tell that to the
    > potential Windows or Linux user who reads the stupid hype that eCS
    > "is the future of computing" then gets to the download site and finds
    > only instructions for OS/2 users. And those instructions say you gotta
    > use the native OS/2 CD copying software!

    Download the pdf and read the instructions, if you're that stupid and do not
    know how to burn an iso image that's your problem not mine.

    > Geez, you guys are stupid!!! But what's worse is the two-bit demo
    > itself! It looks like a ten-year old's desktop.
    >
    > What a joke the eCS Demo is!!!

    I agree the demo is a joke that's why I don't use the ****ty piece of
    software

    > The eCS Guy

  17. Re: eComStation Demo A Laugh Riot Joke!

    David T. Johnson wrote:
    > Stan wrote:
    >
    >> "The eCS Guy" wrote in message
    >>
    >>> I can understand why no one is talking about the newly released
    >>> eComStation demo - it is one big hilarious joke.
    >>>
    >>> The best laughs are:
    >>>
    >>> The fact that it is an iso file and the online instructions for burning
    >>> it to CD require the use of RSJ for OS/2. Duh... obivously Serenity
    >>> lives in a world of their own and believes no one in the Windows or
    >>> Linux worlds would be interested in a demo version of eComStation!

    >> Actually they tell you to download a pdf which explains how to burn
    >> the iso which includes windows, didn't read it all to see if it
    >> includes linux

    > If only you were right. But no, I go to the link at:
    >
    > http://www.ecomstation.com/democd/
    >
    > and it says:
    >
    > Download ?
    > The download size of the CD is around 70 MB, and contains an ISO file
    > that you need to burn onto CD-Rom (instructions)
    >
    > The 'instructions' at this link:
    >
    > http://www.ecomstation.com/edp/mod.p...wer&faq_id=152
    >

    > which is in the parentheses, then say:
    >
    > [begin 'instructions' excerpt]
    > Q: How to create CDs from ISO files under eComStation?
    > A: Creating eComStation install CD's under OS/2 /eComStation with RSJ
    >
    > You can also download the extended PDF version of this explanation
    >
    > Before you start the download of the eComStation images make certain you
    > have enough diskspace. Each ZIP file requires between 400 to 550 MB of
    > diskspace. In addition, the ISO file also needs to be unzipped. (An ISO
    > file for a CD has a maximum size of 650 MB).
    >
    > The following instructions apply only if you have installed the
    > commercial CD ROM burn software RSJ for OS/2/eComStation (this is
    > available from www.rsj.de)
    > [end 'instructions' excerpt]
    >
    > I didn't download the pdf file so it may actually talk about Windows but
    > the leadin certainly does not sound to me to be very inviting to non-eCS
    > users since it presumes that you have RSJ and OS/2 or eCS already
    > installed so it looks to me like the demo CD is aimed at existing OS/2
    > and eCS users. Maybe they are supposed to make copies of the demo CD
    > and then go around evangelizing and giving them away to their
    > Windows/Linux/Mac-using acquaintances. Or maybe the demo CD is a trojan
    > to survey the OS/2 users system and send info to someone.
    > Whatever.

    BINGO! That's the whole enchalada right there! Serenity isn't going
    to promote eCS to anyone but their own OS/2 customers. They are going
    to leave it up to their own OS/2 customers to go out and "sell" eComStation.
    Everybody's supposed to be a damn salesman! What a damn cheesy
    outfit!

    BaaaWAAAA!

    The eCS Guy

  18. Re: eComStation Demo A Laugh Riot Joke!

    Stan wrote:
    > "The eCS Guy" wrote in message
    >
    >>Stan wrote:
    >>
    >>>"The eCS Guy" wrote in message

    >>>Well if you don't know how to burn an iso image maybe you shouldn't be
    >>>here.

    >>Is THAT the best you can do? What a jerk you are! Tell that to the
    >>potential Windows or Linux user who reads the stupid hype that eCS
    >>"is the future of computing" then gets to the download site and finds
    >>only instructions for OS/2 users. And those instructions say you gotta
    >>use the native OS/2 CD copying software!

    > Download the pdf and read the instructions, if you're that stupid and do not
    > know how to burn an iso image that's your problem not mine.

    Wait wait wait here tough guy. You're calling me stupid and claiming
    I do not know how to burn an iso image???

    What the hell is that? Is that what you tell someone who thinks
    they are getting a demo after spending a million hours downloading
    a 70 meg file?

    What kind of chump are you? I got friends who love Windows
    and still can't find a damn file they download. One guy called
    me up and asked me how to copy a DVD and when I told him
    he had to have a DVD burner and a decryptor program to
    descramble the file which once decrypted ended up as an
    ISO file that would then require another software program to
    reduce it in size so it could fit on a 4.7Gig blank DVD and
    once that process was done he would have to have a third
    program just to turn and burn the ISO to DVD!

    He said "what are you talking about? I just want to save a
    movie I rented from the video store because I don't have
    time to see it and will have to return it. Won't my DVD
    player copy it like my VCR does???? ..."

    And you, Mr. Know-it-all, come in here and call me stupid
    because you say I don't know how to copy an ISO file?

    Blow it out your top hat Mr. Magoo.

    >>Geez, you guys are stupid!!! But what's worse is the two-bit demo
    >>itself! It looks like a ten-year old's desktop.
    >>
    >>What a joke the eCS Demo is!!!

    > I agree the demo is a joke that's why I don't use the ****ty piece of
    > software

    Good. We agree on that. Now why don't you get IBM's OS/2 Warp 4.52
    and install it instead? You'll be much happier.

    The eCS Guy

  19. Re: eComStation Demo A Laugh Riot Joke!

    On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 00:35:48 UTC, The eCS Guy
    wrote:

    > I got friends who

    I very much doubt you have friends.

    > Now why don't you get IBM's OS/2 Warp 4.52

    Maybe I would, but you see... IBM's OS/2 Warp is dead. At least it
    will be for end users coming december. Meanwhile Serenity Systems is
    preparing a next major update of eComStation and that will be
    available through next year and beyond. This really should be an easy
    choice for everyone who wants to continue using OS/2.

    But coming december should put a stop to your dilemma : start checking
    out Windows Vista: you'll need it.

    --
    Luc Van Bogaert

    Via ProNews/2 & eComStation
    http://www.os2world.com/os2ecs

  20. Re: eComStation Demo A Laugh Riot Joke!

    "The eCS Guy" wrote in message
    > Stan wrote:
    >> "The eCS Guy" wrote in message

    >>>Is THAT the best you can do? What a jerk you are! Tell that to the
    >>>potential Windows or Linux user who reads the stupid hype that eCS
    >>>"is the future of computing" then gets to the download site and finds
    >>>only instructions for OS/2 users. And those instructions say you gotta
    >>>use the native OS/2 CD copying software!

    >> Download the pdf and read the instructions, if you're that stupid and do
    >> not
    >> know how to burn an iso image that's your problem not mine.

    > Wait wait wait here tough guy. You're calling me stupid and claiming
    > I do not know how to burn an iso image???
    >
    > What the hell is that? Is that what you tell someone who thinks
    > they are getting a demo after spending a million hours downloading
    > a 70 meg file?
    >
    > What kind of chump are you? I got friends who love Windows
    > and still can't find a damn file they download. One guy called
    > me up and asked me how to copy a DVD and when I told him
    > he had to have a DVD burner and a decryptor program to
    > descramble the file which once decrypted ended up as an
    > ISO file that would then require another software program to
    > reduce it in size so it could fit on a 4.7Gig blank DVD and
    > once that process was done he would have to have a third
    > program just to turn and burn the ISO to DVD!
    >
    > He said "what are you talking about? I just want to save a
    > movie I rented from the video store because I don't have
    > time to see it and will have to return it. Won't my DVD
    > player copy it like my VCR does???? ..."
    >
    > And you, Mr. Know-it-all, come in here and call me stupid
    > because you say I don't know how to copy an ISO file?
    >
    > Blow it out your top hat Mr. Magoo.

    What gets me you were too lazy to read the pdf file on how to burn an iso
    image using os2 and windows, and you then complain about it. I didn't
    realise Mr. Magoo had a top hat.

    >>>Geez, you guys are stupid!!! But what's worse is the two-bit demo
    >>>itself! It looks like a ten-year old's desktop.
    >>>
    >>>What a joke the eCS Demo is!!!

    >> I agree the demo is a joke that's why I don't use the ****ty piece of
    >> software

    > Good. We agree on that. Now why don't you get IBM's OS/2 Warp 4.52
    > and install it instead? You'll be much happier.

    I would if it would work, since ecs is based on 4.52 what would it do for
    me.

    > The eCS Guy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast