eComStation Demo A Laugh Riot Joke! - OS2

This is a discussion on eComStation Demo A Laugh Riot Joke! - OS2 ; Luc Van Bogaert wrote: > On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 00:35:48 UTC, The eCS Guy > wrote: > > >>I got friends who > > > I very much doubt you have friends. Probably more than you. > > >>Now ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 34 of 34

  1. Re: eComStation Demo A Laugh Riot Joke!

    Luc Van Bogaert wrote:
    > On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 00:35:48 UTC, The eCS Guy
    > wrote:
    >

    >>I got friends who

    > I very much doubt you have friends.

    Probably more than you.

    >>Now why don't you get IBM's OS/2 Warp 4.52

    > Maybe I would, but you see... IBM's OS/2 Warp is dead. At least it
    > will be for end users coming december. Meanwhile Serenity Systems is
    > preparing a next major update of eComStation and that will be
    > available through next year and beyond. This really should be an easy
    > choice for everyone who wants to continue using OS/2.
    >
    > But coming december should put a stop to your dilemma : start checking
    > out Windows Vista: you'll need it.

    LOL! Yes, it will be a rip-roaring release won't it? What are they
    using for OS/2 source code Mr. Bogart? Don't shy away now,
    tell us all how Serenity will wrestle IBM to the floor for that valuable
    source code because without it, they can slap ten new releases
    on top of eCS and still have less than what they have today.

    The eCS Guy

  2. Re: eComStation Demo A Laugh Riot Joke!

    Stan wrote:
    > "The eCS Guy" wrote in message
    >
    >>Stan wrote:
    >>
    >>>"The eCS Guy" wrote in message

    >>>Download the pdf and read the instructions, if you're that stupid and do
    >>>not
    >>>know how to burn an iso image that's your problem not mine.

    >>Wait wait wait here tough guy. You're calling me stupid and claiming
    >>I do not know how to burn an iso image???
    >>
    >>What the hell is that? Is that what you tell someone who thinks
    >>they are getting a demo after spending a million hours downloading
    >>a 70 meg file?
    >>
    >>What kind of chump are you? I got friends who love Windows
    >>and still can't find a damn file they download. One guy called
    >>me up and asked me how to copy a DVD and when I told him
    >>he had to have a DVD burner and a decryptor program to
    >>descramble the file which once decrypted ended up as an
    >>ISO file that would then require another software program to
    >>reduce it in size so it could fit on a 4.7Gig blank DVD and
    >>once that process was done he would have to have a third
    >>program just to turn and burn the ISO to DVD!
    >>
    >>He said "what are you talking about? I just want to save a
    >>movie I rented from the video store because I don't have
    >>time to see it and will have to return it. Won't my DVD
    >>player copy it like my VCR does???? ..."
    >>
    >>And you, Mr. Know-it-all, come in here and call me stupid
    >>because you say I don't know how to copy an ISO file?
    >>
    >>Blow it out your top hat Mr. Magoo.

    > What gets me you were too lazy to read the pdf file on how to burn an iso
    > image using os2 and windows, and you then complain about it. I didn't
    > realise Mr. Magoo had a top hat.

    And what gets me is that Serenity keeps burying the marketing
    propaganda so Windows and Linux users won't see or find it.
    See a pattern there Stanley? Or do you need to update that
    perscription on your Magoo glasses?

    >>>I agree the demo is a joke that's why I don't use the ****ty piece of
    >>>software

    >>Good. We agree on that. Now why don't you get IBM's OS/2 Warp 4.52
    >>and install it instead? You'll be much happier.

    > I would if it would work, since ecs is based on 4.52 what would it do for
    > me.

    Being "based" and using the actual product are two different animals.
    It's like kitties to lions.

    The eCS Guy

  3. Re: [FUD4] eComStation Demo A Laugh Riot Joke!

    On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 09:41:47 UTC, The eCS Guy
    wrote:

    > Yes, it will be a rip-roaring release won't it?

    Yes! And judging from the noise you (and all those living in your
    head) are making now, you don't seem to be at all comfortable with it.
    Here's a tip for you : start checking out Windows Vista : you'll need
    it next january.

    In a few months OS/2 won't be available anymore. What would be the
    point arguying here that it's so much better than eComStation, when
    there's only... eComStation? You see, you don't have a future here
    anymore.

    --
    Luc Van Bogaert

    Via ProNews/2 & eComStation
    http://www.os2world.com/os2ecs

  4. Re: eComStation Demo A Laugh Riot Joke!

    In , on 10/17/2005
    at 06:42 PM, "Luc Van Bogaert" said:

    >On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 09:41:47 UTC, The eCS Guy wrote:

    >> Yes, it will be a rip-roaring release won't it?

    >Yes! And judging from the noise you (and all those living in your head)
    >are making now, you don't seem to be at all comfortable with it. Here's a
    >tip for you : start checking out Windows Vista : you'll need it next
    >january.

    >In a few months OS/2 won't be available anymore. What would be the point
    >arguying here that it's so much better than eComStation, when there's
    >only... eComStation? You see, you don't have a future here anymore.

    Gee when are you ecs shills going to get a story in the media about how
    IBM dumped multi-million dollar customers (like Ford) and gave all their
    needs over to a one-man show who can't pay his business taxes on time?

    Its a big story boys. How come no one wants it examined in the media?
    Where's ester with the nose for news. She likes ecs how come she's missing
    the biggest stoy since IBM gave DOS to gates.

  5. Re: eComStation Demo A Laugh Riot Joke!

    letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    > In , on 10/17/2005
    > at 06:42 PM, "Luc Van Bogaert" said:
    >

    >>On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 09:41:47 UTC, The eCS Guy wrote:

    >>>Yes, it will be a rip-roaring release won't it?

    >>Yes! And judging from the noise you (and all those living in your head)
    >>are making now, you don't seem to be at all comfortable with it. Here's a
    >>tip for you : start checking out Windows Vista : you'll need it next
    >>january.

    >>In a few months OS/2 won't be available anymore. What would be the point
    >>arguying here that it's so much better than eComStation, when there's
    >>only... eComStation? You see, you don't have a future here anymore.

    > Gee when are you ecs shills going to get a story in the media about how
    > IBM dumped multi-million dollar customers (like Ford) and gave all their
    > needs over to a one-man show who can't pay his business taxes on time?
    >
    > Its a big story boys. How come no one wants it examined in the media?
    > Where's ester with the nose for news. She likes ecs how come she's missing
    > the biggest stoy since IBM gave DOS to gates.

    It is a false news story and only relevant to a loser like yourself.
    How's the complaint coming along?

  6. Re: eComStation Demo A Laugh Riot Joke!

    On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 19:17:37 GMT, letoured@nospam.net wrote:

    >In , on 10/17/2005
    > at 06:42 PM, "Luc Van Bogaert" said:
    >

    >>On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 09:41:47 UTC, The eCS Guy wrote:

    >>> Yes, it will be a rip-roaring release won't it?

    >>Yes! And judging from the noise you (and all those living in your head)
    >>are making now, you don't seem to be at all comfortable with it. Here's a
    >>tip for you : start checking out Windows Vista : you'll need it next
    >>january.

    >>In a few months OS/2 won't be available anymore. What would be the point
    >>arguying here that it's so much better than eComStation, when there's
    >>only... eComStation? You see, you don't have a future here anymore.

    >Gee when are you ecs shills going to get a story in the media about how
    >IBM dumped multi-million dollar customers (like Ford) and gave all their
    >needs over to a one-man show who can't pay his business taxes on time?

    What? Like... IBM? You keep harping on like a stuck record about not
    paying taxes on time... IBM have been fined and ordered to cease
    trading for tax evasion, in case you didn't know... in fact if you
    google on "ibm fined" you will find that IBM have been caught doing a
    lot of naughty things!

    And I don't see anywhere IBM dumped Ford - generally customers dump
    suppliers, the reverse is less common, for obvious reasons.

    >Its a big story boys. How come no one wants it examined in the media?
    >Where's ester with the nose for news. She likes ecs how come she's missing
    >the biggest stoy since IBM gave DOS to gates.

    Be fair - Gates bought DOS, finished it, and sold DOS to IBM. IBM
    kicked themselves in the nuts by not making it an exclusive deal.

    Mike
    --
    http://www.corestore.org
    'As I walk along these shores

  7. Re: eComStation Demo A Laugh Riot Joke!

    "The eCS Guy" wrote in message
    > Stan wrote:
    >> "The eCS Guy" wrote in message

    >>>Wait wait wait here tough guy. You're calling me stupid and claiming
    >>>I do not know how to burn an iso image???
    >>>
    >>>What the hell is that? Is that what you tell someone who thinks
    >>>they are getting a demo after spending a million hours downloading
    >>>a 70 meg file?
    >>>
    >>>What kind of chump are you? I got friends who love Windows
    >>>and still can't find a damn file they download. One guy called
    >>>me up and asked me how to copy a DVD and when I told him
    >>>he had to have a DVD burner and a decryptor program to
    >>>descramble the file which once decrypted ended up as an
    >>>ISO file that would then require another software program to
    >>>reduce it in size so it could fit on a 4.7Gig blank DVD and
    >>>once that process was done he would have to have a third
    >>>program just to turn and burn the ISO to DVD!
    >>>
    >>>He said "what are you talking about? I just want to save a
    >>>movie I rented from the video store because I don't have
    >>>time to see it and will have to return it. Won't my DVD
    >>>player copy it like my VCR does???? ..."
    >>>
    >>>And you, Mr. Know-it-all, come in here and call me stupid
    >>>because you say I don't know how to copy an ISO file?
    >>>
    >>>Blow it out your top hat Mr. Magoo.

    >> What gets me you were too lazy to read the pdf file on how to burn an iso
    >> image using os2 and windows, and you then complain about it. I didn't
    >> realise Mr. Magoo had a top hat.
    >>

    > And what gets me is that Serenity keeps burying the marketing
    > propaganda so Windows and Linux users won't see or find it.
    > See a pattern there Stanley? Or do you need to update that
    > perscription on your Magoo glasses?

    No I just had a new perscription done recently and a new set of frames thank
    you very much. As for their marketing why do you care, you don't use it,
    IBM are dropping the product, why hasn't IBM been actively marketing the
    product the last few years. Apply the same standards to both at the end of
    the day you're supporting a product that very few people use these days no
    matter how good it is or you think it is.

    >>>Good. We agree on that. Now why don't you get IBM's OS/2 Warp 4.52
    >>>and install it instead? You'll be much happier.

    >> I would if it would work, since ecs is based on 4.52 what would it do for
    >> me.

    > Being "based" and using the actual product are two different animals.
    > It's like kitties to lions.

    ECS is 4.52 just a different logo and third party apps no difference apart
    from that.

    > The eCS Guy

  8. Re: eComStation Demo A Laugh Riot Joke!

    Luc Van Bogaert wrote:
    > On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 09:41:47 UTC, The eCS Guy
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Yes, it will be a rip-roaring release won't it?

    > Yes! And judging from the noise you (and all those living in your
    > head) are making now, you don't seem to be at all comfortable with it.
    > Here's a tip for you : start checking out Windows Vista : you'll need
    > it next january.

    Hey, if I need Windows-anything I'll just use Windows. Don't be
    such a dolt.

    > In a few months OS/2 won't be available anymore. What would be the
    > point arguying here that it's so much better than eComStation, when
    > there's only... eComStation? You see, you don't have a future here
    > anymore.

    Hey dipwad, Serenity has no OS/2 source code so eComStation is deader
    than OS/2 is. The difference here is the heavy investment the eCS
    consumer has paid and won't get back.

    The eCS Guy

  9. Re: eComStation Demo A Laugh Riot Joke!

    Stan wrote:
    > "The eCS Guy" wrote in message
    >
    >>Stan wrote:
    >>
    >>>"The eCS Guy" wrote in message

    >>>What gets me you were too lazy to read the pdf file on how to burn an iso
    >>>image using os2 and windows, and you then complain about it. I didn't
    >>>realise Mr. Magoo had a top hat.
    >>>

    >>And what gets me is that Serenity keeps burying the marketing
    >>propaganda so Windows and Linux users won't see or find it.
    >>See a pattern there Stanley? Or do you need to update that
    >>perscription on your Magoo glasses?

    > No I just had a new perscription done recently and a new set of frames thank
    > you very much.

    Go back. Your eye doctor stole your money! ROLFL!!

    > As for their marketing why do you care, you don't use it,

    What do you mean, I don't use it? I'm The eCS Guy and I most
    certainly do use it. And I know how bad it is compared to my
    OS/2 system. I care like everyone else cares about their fellow
    man.

    > IBM are dropping the product, why hasn't IBM been actively marketing the
    > product the last few years.

    How the hell do I know? IBM stopped marketing OS/2 years ago.
    Serenity is the company reselling it as an OEM, not IBM. Why
    doesn't Serenity 'actively market' eCS? And don't tell me Serenity
    does because I have never seen an advertisement for eComStation
    anywhere that was paid for by Serenity.

    > Apply the same standards to both at the end of
    > the day you're supporting a product that very few people use these days no
    > matter how good it is or you think it is.

    Then what's the point of covering up OS/2 and trying to call it something
    else - like eComStation? Do you think if you mask the dying animal
    people won't know what it really is? Hello ... knock knock knock ... are
    you really in there???

    >>>I would if it would work, since ecs is based on 4.52 what would it do for
    >>>me.

    >>Being "based" and using the actual product are two different animals.
    >>It's like kitties to lions.

    > ECS is 4.52 just a different logo and third party apps no difference apart
    > from that.

    You left off all the crap Serenity has piled on top of OS/2 and ruined that
    base OS/2 operating system. I've got them both and I use Warp 4.52
    because it actually works. Sorry but that's my view.

    You know what eCS reminds me of? The iPod sensation. You see all these
    crazy people putting out three to four hundred dollars so they can hang
    these
    silly white earplugs from their ears and listen to non-stop music at ear
    blasting
    sounds. There is no news, no reality just the same songs shuffled back
    and forth
    and people walking around like they are "cool".

    The reality of the situation is that eCS isn't even cool.

    The eCS Guy

  10. Re: [FUD4] eComStation Demo A Laugh Riot Joke!

    On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 22:25:37 UTC, The eCS Guy
    wrote:

    > The difference here is the heavy investment the eCS
    > consumer has paid and won't get back.

    That's just a silly argument, but why expect anything else from you.

    First of all, it's none of your business if people decide to pay for
    an eComStation license. It's their own free choice. eComStation users
    generally seem to be very satisfied with the product as it was voted
    best software on OS2World for severel consecutive years. You obviously
    seem to have a problem with that and you have said so many, many
    times. As you have been repeating your rant for a long time, we have
    now come to the point that nobody listens anymore to anything you say
    (except for those few people living in your head of course). You have
    become amusement to many of us here. If that was your intention, you
    have succeeded!

    Second, there's never been an OS/2 version available that offers so
    much value for its price. What you call an investment is actually
    paying itself back every day.

    Third, many people have asked Serenity about the roadmap for future
    versions of eComStation, so it looks like eComStation users are still
    interested to invest even more of their time and resources in this
    product. OTOH, come january, you will only have Windows Vista to look
    out for.

    --
    Luc Van Bogaert

    Via ProNews/2 & eComStation
    http://www.os2world.com/os2ecs

  11. Re: eComStation Demo A Laugh Riot Joke!

    Deal with *truth little mikie. Not your wishful thinking -- and in this
    case your *desperate ecs shilling

    booby lied about not paying his taxes -- which happened more then once,
    and he has lied about over and over -- as well as doing business
    illegally. The reason, beyond his being a psychopath is that ecs sales
    are so low he didn't have the money.

    IBM has never reached that status. Of course you ecs shills don't think
    logically, so I can see how you miss the point. BTW, one of their fines
    was over paying for painting peace symbols on sidewalks.

    I can't wait to see what you idiots whine when booby is out of business.
    In the meantime where is ester with this great give-a-way story about IBM
    and booby.

    n <1129582015.2cf418e03e58cdebd007de8c419c27bc@terane ws>, on 10/17/2005
    at 04:47 PM, Mike Ross said:

    >On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 19:17:37 GMT, letoured@nospam.net wrote:

    >>In , on 10/17/2005
    >> at 06:42 PM, "Luc Van Bogaert" said:

    >>>Yes! And judging from the noise you (and all those living in your head)
    >>>are making now, you don't seem to be at all comfortable with it. Here's a
    >>>tip for you : start checking out Windows Vista : you'll need it next
    >>>january.

    >>>In a few months OS/2 won't be available anymore. What would be the point
    >>>arguying here that it's so much better than eComStation, when there's
    >>>only... eComStation? You see, you don't have a future here anymore.

    >>Gee when are you ecs shills going to get a story in the media about how
    >>IBM dumped multi-million dollar customers (like Ford) and gave all their
    >>needs over to a one-man show who can't pay his business taxes on time?

    >What? Like... IBM? You keep harping on like a stuck record about not
    >paying taxes on time... IBM have been fined and ordered to cease trading
    >for tax evasion, in case you didn't know... in fact if you google on "ibm
    >fined" you will find that IBM have been caught doing a lot of naughty
    >things!

    >And I don't see anywhere IBM dumped Ford - generally customers dump
    >suppliers, the reverse is less common, for obvious reasons.

    >>Its a big story boys. How come no one wants it examined in the media?
    >>Where's ester with the nose for news. She likes ecs how come she's missing
    >>the biggest stoy since IBM gave DOS to gates.

    >Be fair - Gates bought DOS, finished it, and sold DOS to IBM. IBM kicked
    >themselves in the nuts by not making it an exclusive deal.

    >Mike
    >--
    >http://www.corestore.org
    >'As I walk along these shores
    >I am the history within'

  12. Re: eCS Demo - Thumbs down says Ebert and Roper!

    On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 11:00:10 +0000, David Shearer wrote:

    > Well I tried it (ecs demo) on my niece's brand new Compaq Presario M2000
    > widescreen laptop. To my surprise it booted fine - no errors - SNAP
    > detected the video card - sound worked fine as did the Flash intro -
    > network worked fine including internet and Firefox worked - no problem
    > connecting to www.ecomstation.com etc

    It booted fine on this machine but stopped dead after loading the Snap
    driver on my TP390X. This is strange because OS/2 and eCS work fine on
    that machine, except there are no drivers for the 2 PCMCIA NICs I have.

    > The demo is brilliant in my opinion. Sure it would be nice if it included
    > Open office or something to show off more of its capabilities.

    Yep, it looked a bit thread-bare for a demo, it seems like it's been a
    long time since I've seen an OS/2-eCS desktop though. hisashiburi!
    (Can't remember the English word so make do with Nipponese!)

    I was surprised that being a registered licensee of eCS there was no
    download link after logging in to the ecom site.

    Wayne
    --
    Registered Linux user #375994
    http://www.geocities.jp/rondonko/

  13. Re: eCS Demo - Thumbs down says Ebert and Roper!

    In article
    rondonjin@yahoo.com "Wayne" writes:

    > [...] hisashiburi! [...]

    Gesundheit!
    --
    Andrew Stephenson

  14. Re: eComStation Demo A Laugh Riot Joke!

    The eCS Guy wrote:
    > I can understand why no one is talking about the newly released
    > eComStation demo - it is one big hilarious joke.
    >
    > The best laughs are:
    >
    > The fact that it is an iso file and the online instructions for burning
    > it to CD require the use of RSJ for OS/2. Duh... obivously Serenity
    > lives in a world of their own and believes no one in the Windows or
    > Linux worlds would be interested in a demo version of eComStation!
    >
    > The demo fails to work, again, on 9 out of 10 machines.

    It did work one of two of my T30s. The second T30 has only 256meg of
    memory so that may be the reason. It got as far as the "SNAP" screen
    information then hung. The other T30 has 1gig of RAM and it came
    right up. I don't know that the demo is supposed to run on every machine.
    I don't have a Windows machine to try it on.

    > When it does work the user ends up with an old and outdated, and may I
    > add, very childish looking WPS desktop. When compared to today's other
    > operating system desktops, eComStation is absolutely pathetic. I can't
    > believe any Linux or Windows user, when seeing this demo, would have any
    > desire whatsoever to buy eComStation.

    Serenity has never promoted eCS beyond the OS/2 community. The
    Boob really has no desire to expand the eCS marketplace and are
    more concerned with 'converting' the present OS/2 community
    of users.

    > The "applications" included are but three ... the silliest looking
    > calculator that looks as though it were designed by a ten-year old, the
    > beta version of Pixel and that ever-so-wild card game of "SeaHaven".
    > SeaHaven is so old and visually lacking you have to believe Serenity has
    > included it to make sure no one wants to switch to eComStation!
    > ROTFLOAO... opps ... I missed the developer tools for all those
    > Windows/Linux users who want to develop for eComStation. Of course, the
    > instructions say they'll have to install IBM's OS/2 first, buy RSJ/2 for
    > umpteem million dollars before they can convert the eCS Demo ISO to a
    > bootable CD!

    I was surprised by the aged SeaHaven offering the first time I saw
    the demo (what a year ago???) and the calculator is quite cheesy.
    There are far better calculators. I don't use Pixel so I won't offer
    an opinion there.

    > Don't have OS/2? Don't have RSJ/2? Bob off to Mensys where you can
    > actually buy this eComStation Demo CD. Yeah, they will mail it to you
    > all the way from Dutchland!!!
    >
    > Too Too FUNNY!
    >
    > The eCS Guy

    Well, if you're on a dialup I'm not sure it is worth the time. On broadband
    it might be a quick interesting look at eCS if you don't know what it is.
    OTOH, it doesn't really help Serenity or eCS for that matter because it
    does look quite dated and doesn't do a hell of a lot. I think the real
    novelty here is that it actually boots from CD.

    It would have been wiser of Serenity to produce a nice professionally
    made 50-megged Flash v5 or v7 presentation that showed off eCS
    (several dissolving desktops with all the wonderful apps we have today
    including FireFox, Mozilla, Internet capabilities, etc. Would be awesome
    to see a faux look at Embellish as an animated graphic is produced,
    PMView rotating PNGs, NewsHarvest harvesting pictures, Felix Maschek's
    highly stylized Solitaire card game (when I see an MS system and take
    a look at their solitaire the Felix OS/2 offering is superior), Sane, PM123
    and z! running (hey, they can add music to a Flash production), and
    for calculators we could get a nice view of Peter Koller's fine Calc
    program. So many other applications could be simulated that would
    seriously make eCS (or even OS/2 for that matter) the new "must have"
    application.

    What so many outside of the OS/2 community don't understand or
    realize is that we OS/2 users have no fear of riding the Internet.
    There are no trojans, virus or worms to harm us.

    And what about a quick running of a clip from a hit movie like
    "Lord of the Rings" or the new "Wallace and Gromit" in WarpVision,
    simulated, of course.

    Personally I wanted to showoff the eCS demo to friends who know I
    only use OS/2 and have touted it for years. A demo as I described
    above, even as a Flash or animated GIF, would be much more
    appealing than the eCS Demo now being offered by Serenity.
    As it stands now I haven't passed it along to anyone outside of
    the OS/2 community.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2