Re: [mod] Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation - OS2

This is a discussion on Re: [mod] Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation - OS2 ; Here's a voice of moderation, a place to discuss things OS/2 without all the noise. "Pat Gunn" wrote in message news:KJ-dnb6sQf5aXrLeRVn-hw@speakeasy.net... > > Hello all, > I feel I have had adequate comment on the range of opinions on the ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 144

  1. Re: [mod] Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    "Pat Gunn" wrote in message

    > Hello all,
    > I feel I have had adequate comment on the range of opinions on the
    > eComStation question to come to a decision on the OS/2 newsgroups
    > I am the sole moderator for, namely comp.os.os2.moderated and
    > comp.os.os2.announce. I have decided that discussion of eComStation
    > is on-topic and kosher for discussion on my newsgroups. My reasoning is
    > below. I have also decided that any further discussion of this question on
    > the newsgroup is off-topic. If you want to change my mind, email me, but I
    > don't intend to entertain further ridiculing of the IBM-only people or
    > rants about IBM purity here.
    >
    > My reasoning is as follows:
    > Products evolve, sometimes changing hands or being licensed to other
    > companies. Changes in the names of products don't matter too much (SunOS
    > and Solaris both might define things considerably more different from each
    > other than IBM and the eCom product, and yet are close enough for
    > discussion under one flag). Even changes in company don't make so much of
    > a difference -- companies are bought and sold, and even though Apple was
    > partially responsible for the last version of OpenStep (4.2), that doesn't
    > make discussion of it inappropriate under the NeXTStep/OpenStep fori.
    > These reasons are convincing enough for me, but to go further, OS/2 was
    > not always solely an IBM product -- OS/2 was initially an IBM-Microsoft
    > joint effort, and was primarily available to the public under the
    > Microsoft moniker. Long precedent in these newsgroups have set that
    > discussion of Microsoft OS/2 and the old IBM OS/2 are both acceptable --
    > on the off chance that people have questions on OS/2 1.x, this is a decent
    > place to ask. Given that IBM has licensed OS/2's codebase to another
    > company which has made a product that has not made huge, flavour changing
    > divergence, I see no reason why we should make a distinction between IBM's
    > product and the eCom product, even though the names are different.
    >
    > So:
    > eComStation is kosher for discussion here, and kosher for announcements on
    > cooa. The matter is closed for public discussion on the newsgroup. I don't
    > expect any potshots from either side, and if you make them, your posts
    > will not appear on the groups. There's room enough to discuss all versions
    > of OS/2 here, including eComStation and IBM/Microsoft OS/2 1.x if you
    > like.
    >
    > --
    > Pat Gunn
    > mod: csna, bmcm, bmco, cooa, cona, clpd comod: coom
    > http://dachte.org

  2. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    Nobody is there. Nobody cares.

    The "New" eCS Guy

  3. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    The eCS Guy wrote:
    > Nobody is there. Nobody cares.
    >
    > The "New" eCS Guy

    Today (Wednesday) I deleted every post submitted.

    I just felt like it. Ahh... the power of the Moderator.

  4. Re: [mod] Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    Stan wrote:
    > Here's a voice of moderation, a place to discuss things OS/2 without all the
    > noise.

    Except there is nothing to discuss. I deleted every post submitted
    to show you the power of "The Moderator".

  5. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    The insane one speaks again

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > The eCS Guy wrote:
    >
    >> Nobody is there. Nobody cares.
    >>
    >> The "New" eCS Guy
    >>

    > Today (Wednesday) I deleted every post submitted.
    >
    > I just felt like it. Ahh... the power of the Moderator.

    Strange, all the posts on C.O.O.M. - either Misc or Moderated take your
    pick - from 9/10 to-date are still here. Even if he had "The Power",
    what kind of jerk would arbitrarily every post regardless of content?
    Ans. One that should be shot for irresponsibility.
    Cheers,
    --
    Richard W. Budd
    Synchron Laser Service, Inc.

  6. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    Richard W. Budd wrote:
    > The insane one speaks again
    >
    > The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >
    >> The eCS Guy wrote:
    >>
    >>> Nobody is there. Nobody cares.
    >>>
    >>> The "New" eCS Guy
    >>>

    >> Today (Wednesday) I deleted every post submitted.
    >>
    >> I just felt like it. Ahh... the power of the Moderator.
    >>

    > Strange, all the posts on C.O.O.M. - either Misc or Moderated take your
    > pick - from 9/10 to-date are still here. Even if he had "The Power",
    > what kind of jerk would arbitrarily every post regardless of content?
    > Ans. One that should be shot for irresponsibility.
    > Cheers,

    Strange that he would let my posts go through too. When you start with
    one lie, it gets easier. Just ask all his supporters for verification
    on that principle.

  7. Re: [FUD4] Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 17:03:27 UTC, Jason Bowen wrote:

    ->
    -> Strange that he would let my posts go through too. When you start with
    -> one lie, it gets easier. Just ask all his supporters for verification
    -> on that principle.
    ->

    His ony supporters are the voices in his head. I guess reviving the
    moderated groups has pushed the psycho-troll over the edge. Hopefully
    its a 500 foot drop.

    Mark

    --
    From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

    http://www.os2voice.org
    Warpstock 2005, Hershey, PA, Oct 6-9, 2005 - http://www.warpstock.org

  8. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    Richard W. Budd wrote:
    > The insane one speaks again
    >
    > The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >
    >> The eCS Guy wrote:
    >>
    >>> Nobody is there. Nobody cares.
    >>>
    >>> The "New" eCS Guy
    >>>

    >> Today (Wednesday) I deleted every post submitted.
    >>
    >> I just felt like it. Ahh... the power of the Moderator.
    >>

    > Strange, all the posts on C.O.O.M. - either Misc or Moderated take your
    > pick - from 9/10 to-date are still here. Even if he had "The Power",
    > what kind of jerk would arbitrarily every post regardless of content?
    > Ans. One that should be shot for irresponsibility.
    > Cheers,

    None of us know that. We don't know what was submitted
    and what was deleted.

    Can you explain why those posts that did make it into the
    newsgroups don't appear in Google?

    The eCS Guy

  9. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    Mark Dodel wrote:
    > On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 17:03:27 UTC, Jason Bowen wrote:
    >
    > ->
    > -> Strange that he would let my posts go through too. When you start with
    > -> one lie, it gets easier. Just ask all his supporters for verification
    > -> on that principle.
    > ->
    >
    > His ony supporters are the voices in his head. I guess reviving the
    > moderated groups has pushed the psycho-troll over the edge. Hopefully
    > its a 500 foot drop.
    >
    > Mark

    What? All two posts in it? There are those who believe you are
    the one touched-in-the head. I'm beginning to believe them.

    The eCS Guy

  10. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    Larry Chauvet wrote:

    > Mark Dodel wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 17:03:27 UTC, Jason Bowen wrote:
    >>
    >> -> -> Strange that he would let my posts go through too. When you
    >> start with -> one lie, it gets easier. Just ask all his supporters
    >> for verification -> on that principle.
    >> ->
    >> His ony supporters are the voices in his head. I guess reviving the
    >> moderated groups has pushed the psycho-troll over the edge. Hopefully
    >> its a 500 foot drop.
    >>
    >> Mark

    > What? All two posts in it? There are those who believe you are
    > the one touched-in-the head. I'm beginning to believe them.
    >
    > The eCS Guy

    I see you are no longer forging my email address! Lost your Newscene
    account, didn't you Larry?

    The eCS Guy

  11. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    Richard W. Budd wrote:
    > The insane one speaks again
    >
    > The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >
    >> The eCS Guy wrote:
    >>
    >>> Nobody is there. Nobody cares.
    >>>
    >>> The "New" eCS Guy
    >>>

    >> Today (Wednesday) I deleted every post submitted.
    >>
    >> I just felt like it. Ahh... the power of the Moderator.
    >>

    > Strange, all the posts on C.O.O.M. - either Misc or Moderated take your
    > pick - from 9/10 to-date are still here.

    There were a total of 20 messages submitted on 9/21.
    I deleted 18. Gunny let 2 through.

    > Even if he had "The Power",
    > what kind of jerk would arbitrarily every post regardless of content?

    You mean would arbitrarily *delete* every post regardless of content?
    It would be a jerk at all but someone who had the power to do so
    and deleted them to prove a point.

    > Ans. One that should be shot for irresponsibility.

    How nice, an idyit advocating murder in a public forum.

  12. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    Jason Bowen wrote:

    > Strange that he would let my posts go through too.

    I wouldn't let your posts go through if they had come
    through during my shift. Hell, you don't even use
    OS/2 and that alone is sufficient for the rule of deletion.

  13. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    Jeroen Besse wrote:
    > Pat Gunn wrote:

    >>> Today (Wednesday) I deleted every post submitted.
    >>>
    >>> I just felt like it. Ahh... the power of the Moderator.

    >> The moderator of what?
    >> If you're talking about cooa or coom, you're not the moderator.
    >> Are there other moderated groups under coo that you handle?

    > He handles nothing.

    Well, except for the 18 posts that were deleted yesterday
    and didn't get through. All you got today were 2 posts.
    18 versus 2. Who is the winner here?

  14. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    The eCS Guy wrote:
    > Richard W. Budd wrote:
    >
    >> The insane one speaks again
    >>
    >> The OS/2 Guy wrote:

    >>> Today (Wednesday) I deleted every post submitted.
    >>>
    >>> I just felt like it. Ahh... the power of the Moderator.
    >>>

    >> Strange, all the posts on C.O.O.M. - either Misc or Moderated take
    >> your pick - from 9/10 to-date are still here. Even if he had "The
    >> Power", what kind of jerk would arbitrarily every post regardless of
    >> content? Ans. One that should be shot for irresponsibility.
    >> Cheers,

    > None of us know that. We don't know what was submitted
    > and what was deleted.

    18 other posts were submitted, Doug. I deleted them all.
    The newsgroup ended up with just 2 posts today when
    there could have been 20.

    > Can you explain why those posts that did make it into the
    > newsgroups don't appear in Google?

    One of them is marked with an X-archive ensuring it won't
    appear in Google.

    > The eCS Guy

  15. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    The eCS Guy wrote:
    > Mark Dodel wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 17:03:27 UTC, Jason Bowen wrote:
    >>
    >> -> -> Strange that he would let my posts go through too. When you
    >> start with -> one lie, it gets easier. Just ask all his supporters
    >> for verification -> on that principle.
    >> ->
    >> His ony supporters are the voices in his head. I guess reviving the
    >> moderated groups has pushed the psycho-troll over the edge. Hopefully
    >> its a 500 foot drop.
    >>
    >> Mark

    > What? All two posts in it? There are those who believe you are
    > the one touched-in-the head. I'm beginning to believe them.
    >
    > The eCS Guy

    Dodie is "touched in the head" and he is also very frustrated
    because he can't make me go away. Look at Dodie's headers.
    He doesn't even use OS/2 anymore. Dodie is a whiner and
    easy prey to humiliated day after day after day.

  16. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > Jason Bowen wrote:
    >

    >> Strange that he would let my posts go through too.

    > I wouldn't let your posts go through if they had come
    > through during my shift. Hell, you don't even use
    > OS/2 and that alone is sufficient for the rule of deletion.

    You're full of ****. Go ahead and post your "shift" times. Punk.

  17. Re: [FUD4] Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    The Insane OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > Richard W. Budd wrote:
    >
    >> The insane one speaks again
    >>
    >> The OS/2 Guy wrote:

    >>> Today (Wednesday) I deleted every post submitted.
    >>>
    >>> I just felt like it. Ahh... the power of the Moderator.
    >>>

    >> Strange, all the posts on C.O.O.M. - either Misc or Moderated take
    >> your pick - from 9/10 to-date are still here.

    > There were a total of 20 messages submitted on 9/21.
    > I deleted 18. Gunny let 2 through.
    >
    >> Even if he had "The Power", what kind of jerk would arbitrarily every
    >> post regardless of content?

    > You mean would arbitrarily *delete* every post regardless of content?
    > It would be a jerk at all but someone who had the power to do so
    > and deleted them to prove a point.

    Gee, the best and most responsible way to prove what you are (aside from
    a loon) would be to get a post from you in C.O.O.Moderated. Hmm never
    see you there, wonder why....

    >> Ans. One that should be shot for irresponsibility.

    > How nice, an idyit advocating murder in a public forum.

    No never said, that. Guess you never heard of sarcasm or appropriate
    off-the-cuff comments eh? Mike Ross's idea doesn't sound bad though.
    But, enough of poking the geek with a stick...
    BTW: As you can see from below, I also do not hide from anyone by using
    pseudonyms or multiple addresses. Who and where I am is clear for all
    the world to see.
    Cheers,

    Richard W. Budd
    Synchron Laser Service, Inc.
    USA
    -Sales and general information-
    ph# 248-486-0402
    fax# 248-486-6460
    email: rbudd@attglobal.net
    www.synchronlaser.com

  18. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    Jason Bowen wrote:
    > The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >
    >> Jason Bowen wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Strange that he would let my posts go through too.

    >> I wouldn't let your posts go through if they had come
    >> through during my shift. Hell, you don't even use
    >> OS/2 and that alone is sufficient for the rule of deletion.

    > You're full of ****. Go ahead and post your "shift" times. Punk.

    If he did that then you would know when to avoid his
    shift and deletions.

    The eCS Guy

  19. Re: [FUD4] Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    Richard W. Budd wrote:
    > The Insane OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >
    >> Richard W. Budd wrote:
    >>
    >>> The insane one speaks again

    >>> Strange, all the posts on C.O.O.M. - either Misc or Moderated take
    >>> your pick - from 9/10 to-date are still here.

    >> There were a total of 20 messages submitted on 9/21.
    >> I deleted 18. Gunny let 2 through.
    >>
    >>> Even if he had "The Power", what kind of jerk would arbitrarily every
    >>> post regardless of content?

    >> You mean would arbitrarily *delete* every post regardless of content?
    >> It would be a jerk at all but someone who had the power to do so
    >> and deleted them to prove a point.
    >>

    > Gee, the best and most responsible way to prove what you are (aside from
    > a loon) would be to get a post from you in C.O.O.Moderated. Hmm never
    > see you there, wonder why....

    No reason for a Moderator to monopolize the newsgroup he
    moderates. Dr. Martin does enough of that here.

    >>> Ans. One that should be shot for irresponsibility.

    >> How nice, an idyit advocating murder in a public forum.
    >>

    > No never said, that. Guess you never heard of sarcasm or appropriate
    > off-the-cuff comments eh? Mike Ross's idea doesn't sound bad though.
    > But, enough of poking the geek with a stick...

    Waving a gun about and shooting it are still considered
    crimes in America.

    > BTW: As you can see from below, I also do not hide from anyone by using
    > pseudonyms or multiple addresses. Who and where I am is clear for all
    > the world to see.

    1 Brownie point for you.

    > Cheers,
    >
    > Richard W. Budd
    > Synchron Laser Service, Inc.
    > USA
    > -Sales and general information-
    > ph# 248-486-0402
    > fax# 248-486-6460
    > email: rbudd@attglobal.net
    > www.synchronlaser.com

    The eCS Guy

  20. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    The eCS Guy wrote:
    > Jason Bowen wrote:
    >
    >> The OS/2 Guy wrote:

    >>> I wouldn't let your posts go through if they had come
    >>> through during my shift. Hell, you don't even use
    >>> OS/2 and that alone is sufficient for the rule of deletion.

    >> You're full of ****. Go ahead and post your "shift" times. Punk.

    > If he did that then you would know when to avoid his
    > shift and deletions.
    >
    > The eCS Guy

    First, did you notice how pissed off he is with that first
    sentence? I stepped on a nice big nerve there. Next
    he offers a plea for "shift" times. He needs those so
    he can avoid my shift and get one of his silly whines
    in comp.os.os2.moderated. And finally we have the
    spittle of disgust: "Punk".

    How easy it is to make the foolish look dumb.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast