Re: [mod] Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation - OS2

This is a discussion on Re: [mod] Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation - OS2 ; The OS/2 Guy wrote: > Jason Bowen wrote: > >> I can prove you lied. Now prove you are a moderator. LOL. > > > You can't prove squat. Now post my schedule or get off the pot, ...

  1. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > Jason Bowen wrote:
    >
    >> I can prove you lied. Now prove you are a moderator. LOL.

    > You can't prove squat. Now post my schedule or get off the pot, chump.

    I already did prove you lied. There is no schedule to post.

    LOL, you are so tough. You didn't have the spine to reply to them. Go
    ahead and post the real words you received. :-)

  2. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > Jason Bowen wrote:
    >
    >> The OS/2 Guy wrote:

    >>> Never. I reply to everything, you know that.
    >>>
    >>> It drives you NUTS!
    >>>

    >> LOL, tell me about replying to this->
    >>
    >> Jason Bowen *has been* disciplined as a result of any complaints
    >> that were sent to abuse@colorado.edu

    > Thank you. The rest of your bullpucky is forged but the
    > above is quite clear and explains why you are no longer
    > allowed at Colorado.edu.
    >
    > You red-butted chump.

    Go ahead and prove it then instead of editing my post. Chump. How is
    it going littlefield. Wouldn't it really be cool if you could really
    hide your sock puppets?

  3. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    At that very moment, Count Floyd turned to comp.os.os2.apps and said
    > Don't look for me there. I won't support any OS/2 newsgroup where the
    > moderator doesn't actually use OS/2.

    How silly.

    A moderator can filter out trolls and spam without using a particular
    operating system.

    --
    aaronl at consultant dot com
    For every expert, there is an equal and

  4. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    Aaron Lawrence wrote:
    > At that very moment, Count Floyd turned to comp.os.os2.apps and said
    >
    >>Don't look for me there. I won't support any OS/2 newsgroup where the
    >>moderator doesn't actually use OS/2.

    > How silly.
    >
    > A moderator can filter out trolls and spam without using a particular
    > operating system.

    True but will he do it in the interest of OS/2, Linux or his own
    personal agenda? That's the crux of the problem. If he actually
    used OS/2 you would at least know he was a true supporter.
    He doesn't use OS/2. He uses Linux and he pushes the Linux agenda.

    For those reasons alone, few, if any, use the moderated newsgroup,
    including you Aaron. You are here, not there.

  5. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    Richard W. Budd wrote:
    > The insane one speaks again
    >
    > The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >
    >> The eCS Guy wrote:
    >>
    >>> Nobody is there. Nobody cares.
    >>>
    >>> The "New" eCS Guy
    >>>

    >> Today (Wednesday) I deleted every post submitted.
    >>
    >> I just felt like it. Ahh... the power of the Moderator.
    >>

    > Strange, all the posts on C.O.O.M. - either Misc or Moderated take your
    > pick - from 9/10 to-date are still here.

    There were a total of 20 messages submitted on 9/21.
    I deleted 18. Gunny let 2 through.

    > Even if he had "The Power",
    > what kind of jerk would arbitrarily every post regardless of content?

    You mean would arbitrarily *delete* every post regardless of content?
    It would be a jerk at all but someone who had the power to do so
    and deleted them to prove a point.

    > Ans. One that should be shot for irresponsibility.

    How nice, an idyit advocating murder in a public forum.

  6. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    Jason Bowen wrote:

    > Strange that he would let my posts go through too.

    I wouldn't let your posts go through if they had come
    through during my shift. Hell, you don't even use
    OS/2 and that alone is sufficient for the rule of deletion.

  7. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    Jeroen Besse wrote:
    > Pat Gunn wrote:

    >>> Today (Wednesday) I deleted every post submitted.
    >>>
    >>> I just felt like it. Ahh... the power of the Moderator.

    >> The moderator of what?
    >> If you're talking about cooa or coom, you're not the moderator.
    >> Are there other moderated groups under coo that you handle?

    > He handles nothing.

    Well, except for the 18 posts that were deleted yesterday
    and didn't get through. All you got today were 2 posts.
    18 versus 2. Who is the winner here?

  8. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    The eCS Guy wrote:
    > Mark Dodel wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 17:03:27 UTC, Jason Bowen wrote:
    >>
    >> -> -> Strange that he would let my posts go through too. When you
    >> start with -> one lie, it gets easier. Just ask all his supporters
    >> for verification -> on that principle.
    >> ->
    >> His ony supporters are the voices in his head. I guess reviving the
    >> moderated groups has pushed the psycho-troll over the edge. Hopefully
    >> its a 500 foot drop.
    >>
    >> Mark

    > What? All two posts in it? There are those who believe you are
    > the one touched-in-the head. I'm beginning to believe them.
    >
    > The eCS Guy

    Dodie is "touched in the head" and he is also very frustrated
    because he can't make me go away. Look at Dodie's headers.
    He doesn't even use OS/2 anymore. Dodie is a whiner and
    easy prey to humiliated day after day after day.

  9. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > Jason Bowen wrote:
    >

    >> Strange that he would let my posts go through too.

    > I wouldn't let your posts go through if they had come
    > through during my shift. Hell, you don't even use
    > OS/2 and that alone is sufficient for the rule of deletion.

    You're full of ****. Go ahead and post your "shift" times. Punk.

  10. Re: [FUD4] Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    The Insane OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > Richard W. Budd wrote:
    >
    >> The insane one speaks again
    >>
    >> The OS/2 Guy wrote:

    >>> Today (Wednesday) I deleted every post submitted.
    >>>
    >>> I just felt like it. Ahh... the power of the Moderator.
    >>>

    >> Strange, all the posts on C.O.O.M. - either Misc or Moderated take
    >> your pick - from 9/10 to-date are still here.

    > There were a total of 20 messages submitted on 9/21.
    > I deleted 18. Gunny let 2 through.
    >
    >> Even if he had "The Power", what kind of jerk would arbitrarily every
    >> post regardless of content?

    > You mean would arbitrarily *delete* every post regardless of content?
    > It would be a jerk at all but someone who had the power to do so
    > and deleted them to prove a point.

    Gee, the best and most responsible way to prove what you are (aside from
    a loon) would be to get a post from you in C.O.O.Moderated. Hmm never
    see you there, wonder why....

    >> Ans. One that should be shot for irresponsibility.

    > How nice, an idyit advocating murder in a public forum.

    No never said, that. Guess you never heard of sarcasm or appropriate
    off-the-cuff comments eh? Mike Ross's idea doesn't sound bad though.
    But, enough of poking the geek with a stick...
    BTW: As you can see from below, I also do not hide from anyone by using
    pseudonyms or multiple addresses. Who and where I am is clear for all
    the world to see.
    Cheers,

    Richard W. Budd
    Synchron Laser Service, Inc.
    USA
    -Sales and general information-
    ph# 248-486-0402
    fax# 248-486-6460
    email: rbudd@attglobal.net
    www.synchronlaser.com

  11. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    Jason Bowen wrote:
    > The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >
    >> Jason Bowen wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Strange that he would let my posts go through too.

    >> I wouldn't let your posts go through if they had come
    >> through during my shift. Hell, you don't even use
    >> OS/2 and that alone is sufficient for the rule of deletion.

    > You're full of ****. Go ahead and post your "shift" times. Punk.

    If he did that then you would know when to avoid his
    shift and deletions.

    The eCS Guy

  12. Re: [FUD4] Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    Richard W. Budd wrote:
    > The Insane OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >
    >> Richard W. Budd wrote:
    >>
    >>> The insane one speaks again

    >>> Strange, all the posts on C.O.O.M. - either Misc or Moderated take
    >>> your pick - from 9/10 to-date are still here.

    >> There were a total of 20 messages submitted on 9/21.
    >> I deleted 18. Gunny let 2 through.
    >>
    >>> Even if he had "The Power", what kind of jerk would arbitrarily every
    >>> post regardless of content?

    >> You mean would arbitrarily *delete* every post regardless of content?
    >> It would be a jerk at all but someone who had the power to do so
    >> and deleted them to prove a point.
    >>

    > Gee, the best and most responsible way to prove what you are (aside from
    > a loon) would be to get a post from you in C.O.O.Moderated. Hmm never
    > see you there, wonder why....

    No reason for a Moderator to monopolize the newsgroup he
    moderates. Dr. Martin does enough of that here.

    >>> Ans. One that should be shot for irresponsibility.

    >> How nice, an idyit advocating murder in a public forum.
    >>

    > No never said, that. Guess you never heard of sarcasm or appropriate
    > off-the-cuff comments eh? Mike Ross's idea doesn't sound bad though.
    > But, enough of poking the geek with a stick...

    Waving a gun about and shooting it are still considered
    crimes in America.

    > BTW: As you can see from below, I also do not hide from anyone by using
    > pseudonyms or multiple addresses. Who and where I am is clear for all
    > the world to see.

    1 Brownie point for you.

    > Cheers,
    >
    > Richard W. Budd
    > Synchron Laser Service, Inc.
    > USA
    > -Sales and general information-
    > ph# 248-486-0402
    > fax# 248-486-6460
    > email: rbudd@attglobal.net
    > www.synchronlaser.com

    The eCS Guy

  13. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    The eCS Guy wrote:
    > Jason Bowen wrote:
    >
    >> The OS/2 Guy wrote:

    >>> I wouldn't let your posts go through if they had come
    >>> through during my shift. Hell, you don't even use
    >>> OS/2 and that alone is sufficient for the rule of deletion.

    >> You're full of ****. Go ahead and post your "shift" times. Punk.

    > If he did that then you would know when to avoid his
    > shift and deletions.
    >
    > The eCS Guy

    First, did you notice how pissed off he is with that first
    sentence? I stepped on a nice big nerve there. Next
    he offers a plea for "shift" times. He needs those so
    he can avoid my shift and get one of his silly whines
    in comp.os.os2.moderated. And finally we have the
    spittle of disgust: "Punk".

    How easy it is to make the foolish look dumb.

  14. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote:
    > Mike Ross said:
    >
    >>OS2Guy"@Gmail.com;> wrote:

    >>>There were a total of 20 messages submitted on 9/21.
    >>>I deleted 18. Gunny let 2 through.

    >>Curious - what was the problem with the 18 you deleted?

    > Is it absolutely essential that you reply to and, therefore feed his
    > crap to the rest of us, forcing us to kill file you too? Or do you
    > belong to him? The true pity of the trashing of these groups is that
    > people who should know better keep him going full speed by matching him
    > crap for crap, none of which is truly relevant. Aw, forget it. As
    > someone used to be fond of saying "BLONG!" Or something like that.

    Let's not disappoint you today Jim. Go ahead, check the
    moderated ng. Two messages. One from DTJ and the
    other relevevant to a recent problem I asked about.

    There were a total of 24 messages submitted today.
    22 were disguised as eCS promotions. How many
    did I keep out of moderated? Answer: 22

    So much for the value of moderated, huh?

  15. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > The eCS Guy wrote:
    >
    >> Jason Bowen wrote:

    >>> You're full of ****. Go ahead and post your "shift" times. Punk.

    >> If he did that then you would know when to avoid his
    >> shift and deletions.
    >>
    >> The eCS Guy

    > First, did you notice how pissed off he is with that first
    > sentence? I stepped on a nice big nerve there. Next
    > he offers a plea for "shift" times. He needs those so
    > he can avoid my shift and get one of his silly whines
    > in comp.os.os2.moderated. And finally we have the
    > spittle of disgust: "Punk".
    >
    > How easy it is to make the foolish look dumb.

    So much for what a doctorate means these days. No plea, just proof you
    are too much of a wimp to provide real proof for your claims, just like
    your buddy Eddie. Let's see, to figure out when you are the moderator
    that you claim to be, all I have to do is continually post and when I
    got blocked it will be your time. Of course if you let me post, trying
    to not give yourself away, you've already lost because you allow me to
    post. Have a good day :-). Punk.

  16. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    Jason Bowen wrote:

    > ... Let's see, to figure out when you are the moderator
    > that you claim to be, all I have to do is continually post and when I
    > got blocked it will be your time.

    If your post is relevant to OS/2 then Pat will let it through.
    If it isn't then he won't let you through. If I'm on duty then
    nothing you post will get through.

    Let the games begin, ho ...

  17. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 16:12:51 -0400, The eCS Guy wrote:

    > Jason Bowen wrote:
    >> The OS/2 Guy wrote:

    >>> I wouldn't let your posts go through if they had come
    >>> through during my shift. Hell, you don't even use
    >>> OS/2 and that alone is sufficient for the rule of deletion.

    >> You're full of ****. Go ahead and post your "shift" times. Punk.

    > If he did that then you would know when to avoid his
    > shift and deletions.

    There are no shift times. I am the sole moderator for
    comp.os.os2.announce and comp.os.os2.moderated.
    I receive all submissions, and whenever I take the time to
    moderate, the posts are moved on to the server. If you like,
    check the master moderator's list (google for it). I assure
    you that the submission address is on my server, to which I
    have only rarely given out access before.

    And, in response to OS/2 Guy's portrayal of a bad moderator
    (clap clap), I don't use OS/2 myself anymore. That doesn't
    impact my ability to moderate the group any more than it
    impacts my ability to moderate the newton and netware groups,
    nor should it impact the ability of people to post
    on-topic posts. OS2Guy, what's the deal? Why are you
    impersonating a moderator? If you really want to moderate a
    group, why not hang out on news.groups and see if any moderators
    are looking to retire? Moderation is generally a thankless job
    of effort day after day, year after year, but if you think you're
    up to it, then give it a shot.

    Also, let's stop the stupid crossposting on this thread. I'm not willing
    to have this happen on comp.os.os2.moderated, but how about everyone
    taking this to comp.os.os2.misc?

    --
    Pat Gunn
    mod: csna, bmcm, bmco, cooa, cona, clpd comod: coom

  18. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    Jason Bowen wrote:
    > The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >
    >> The eCS Guy wrote:

    >>> If he did that then you would know when to avoid his
    >>> shift and deletions.
    >>>
    >>> The eCS Guy

    >> First, did you notice how pissed off he is with that first
    >> sentence? I stepped on a nice big nerve there. Next
    >> he offers a plea for "shift" times. He needs those so
    >> he can avoid my shift and get one of his silly whines
    >> in comp.os.os2.moderated. And finally we have the
    >> spittle of disgust: "Punk".
    >>
    >> How easy it is to make the foolish look dumb.
    >>

    > So much for what a doctorate means these days. No plea, just proof you
    > are too much of a wimp to provide real proof for your claims, just like
    > your buddy Eddie. Let's see, to figure out when you are the moderator
    > that you claim to be, all I have to do is continually post and when I
    > got blocked it will be your time. Of course if you let me post, trying
    > to not give yourself away, you've already lost because you allow me to
    > post. Have a good day :-). Punk.

    I think Dr. Martin wins this one. If you continually post, all posts will
    have to be OS/2 related.

    The eCS Guy

  19. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    Pat Gunn wrote:

    > There are no shift times. I am the sole moderator

    If you're the 'sole moderator' how come you're not
    even listed as a moderator? So says the master
    moderator's list. It shows you as little more than
    a coordinator.

    The eCS Guy

  20. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    Jason Bowen said:

    >> How easy it is to make the foolish look dumb.

    >So much for what a doctorate means these days.

    Sigh. There went another one.

    Jim L

    --
    Did Nagin blame Bush for his own screw-ups? Nah. Couldn't be.