Re: [mod] Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation - OS2

This is a discussion on Re: [mod] Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation - OS2 ; Mike Ross wrote: > On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 20:17:15 -0400, The OS/2 Guy > OS2Guy"@Gmail.com;> wrote: > > > >>There were a total of 20 messages submitted on 9/21. >>I deleted 18. Gunny let 2 through. > ...

  1. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    Mike Ross wrote:
    > On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 20:17:15 -0400, The OS/2 Guy <";
    > OS2Guy"@Gmail.com;> wrote:
    >

    >>There were a total of 20 messages submitted on 9/21.
    >>I deleted 18. Gunny let 2 through.

    > Curious - what was the problem with the 18 you deleted?

    Why do you think there was a problem? There wasn't.
    It was quite easy to push the delete button.

    >>>Ans. One that should be shot for irresponsibility.

    >>How nice, an idyit advocating murder in a public forum.

    > Now now, he said *shot*, not killed. In Belfast the IRA were rather
    > fond of 'kneecapping'

    So advocating physical harm is something we should tolerate?
    Under his ISP's newsgroup participation policy it is identified
    as "abuse".

  2. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote:
    > Mike Ross said:
    >
    >>OS2Guy"@Gmail.com;> wrote:

    >>>There were a total of 20 messages submitted on 9/21.
    >>>I deleted 18. Gunny let 2 through.

    >>Curious - what was the problem with the 18 you deleted?

    > Is it absolutely essential that you reply to and, therefore feed his
    > crap to the rest of us, forcing us to kill file you too? Or do you
    > belong to him? The true pity of the trashing of these groups is that
    > people who should know better keep him going full speed by matching him
    > crap for crap, none of which is truly relevant. Aw, forget it. As
    > someone used to be fond of saying "BLONG!" Or something like that.

    Let's not disappoint you today Jim. Go ahead, check the
    moderated ng. Two messages. One from DTJ and the
    other relevevant to a recent problem I asked about.

    There were a total of 24 messages submitted today.
    22 were disguised as eCS promotions. How many
    did I keep out of moderated? Answer: 22

    So much for the value of moderated, huh?

  3. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > The eCS Guy wrote:
    >
    >> Jason Bowen wrote:

    >>> You're full of ****. Go ahead and post your "shift" times. Punk.

    >> If he did that then you would know when to avoid his
    >> shift and deletions.
    >>
    >> The eCS Guy

    > First, did you notice how pissed off he is with that first
    > sentence? I stepped on a nice big nerve there. Next
    > he offers a plea for "shift" times. He needs those so
    > he can avoid my shift and get one of his silly whines
    > in comp.os.os2.moderated. And finally we have the
    > spittle of disgust: "Punk".
    >
    > How easy it is to make the foolish look dumb.

    So much for what a doctorate means these days. No plea, just proof you
    are too much of a wimp to provide real proof for your claims, just like
    your buddy Eddie. Let's see, to figure out when you are the moderator
    that you claim to be, all I have to do is continually post and when I
    got blocked it will be your time. Of course if you let me post, trying
    to not give yourself away, you've already lost because you allow me to
    post. Have a good day :-). Punk.

  4. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    Jason Bowen wrote:

    > ... Let's see, to figure out when you are the moderator
    > that you claim to be, all I have to do is continually post and when I
    > got blocked it will be your time.

    If your post is relevant to OS/2 then Pat will let it through.
    If it isn't then he won't let you through. If I'm on duty then
    nothing you post will get through.

    Let the games begin, ho ...

  5. Re: [mod] Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    " The OS/2 Guy " <"; OS2Guy"@Gmail.com;> wrote in message
    > Stan wrote:
    >> Here's a voice of moderation, a place to discuss things OS/2 without all
    >> the noise.

    > Except there is nothing to discuss. I deleted every post submitted
    > to show you the power of "The Moderator".
    >
    > --
    > Dr. Timothy Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy
    > Warp City Web Site - http://www.warpcity.com
    > email: OS2Guy@Gmail.com OR eCSGuy@Gmail.com

    Pat just confirmed earlier in response to your previous post in this thread
    that you do not modeate coom

    Stan

  6. Re: [mod] Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    Stan wrote:

    > Pat just confirmed earlier in response to your previous post in this thread
    > that you do not modeate coom

    And "Pat" doesn't know me as "OS/2 Guy" either. All he knows
    are those names listed as moderator and two of those names
    belong to aliases.

    How many posts do you see in moderated today? Four.
    How many were submitted over the last 24 hours? 26

    I made sure 22 of them did not appear. How do you
    explain that, Aaron?

  7. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    Jason Bowen wrote:
    > The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >
    >> The eCS Guy wrote:

    >>> If he did that then you would know when to avoid his
    >>> shift and deletions.
    >>>
    >>> The eCS Guy

    >> First, did you notice how pissed off he is with that first
    >> sentence? I stepped on a nice big nerve there. Next
    >> he offers a plea for "shift" times. He needs those so
    >> he can avoid my shift and get one of his silly whines
    >> in comp.os.os2.moderated. And finally we have the
    >> spittle of disgust: "Punk".
    >>
    >> How easy it is to make the foolish look dumb.
    >>

    > So much for what a doctorate means these days. No plea, just proof you
    > are too much of a wimp to provide real proof for your claims, just like
    > your buddy Eddie. Let's see, to figure out when you are the moderator
    > that you claim to be, all I have to do is continually post and when I
    > got blocked it will be your time. Of course if you let me post, trying
    > to not give yourself away, you've already lost because you allow me to
    > post. Have a good day :-). Punk.

    I think Dr. Martin wins this one. If you continually post, all posts will
    have to be OS/2 related.

    The eCS Guy

  8. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    Pat Gunn wrote:

    > There are no shift times. I am the sole moderator

    If you're the 'sole moderator' how come you're not
    even listed as a moderator? So says the master
    moderator's list. It shows you as little more than
    a coordinator.

    The eCS Guy

  9. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    Jason Bowen said:

    >> How easy it is to make the foolish look dumb.

    >So much for what a doctorate means these days.

    Sigh. There went another one.

    Jim L

    --
    Did Nagin blame Bush for his own screw-ups? Nah. Couldn't be.

  10. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote:
    > Jason Bowen said:
    >

    >>>How easy it is to make the foolish look dumb.

    >>So much for what a doctorate means these days.

    > Sigh. There went another one.
    >
    > Jim L
    >
    > --
    > Did Nagin blame Bush for his own screw-ups? Nah. Couldn't be.

    Yeah, right. You've claimed to have killfiled me like 4 or 5 times now.
    You don't mean anything to me so your public pronouncement is nothing
    more then a self gratifying ego stroke. Get a life.

  11. Re: [mod] Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > Stan wrote:
    >

    >> Pat just confirmed earlier in response to your previous post in this
    >> thread that you do not modeate coom

    > And "Pat" doesn't know me as "OS/2 Guy" either. All he knows
    > are those names listed as moderator and two of those names
    > belong to aliases.
    >
    > How many posts do you see in moderated today? Four.
    > How many were submitted over the last 24 hours? 26
    >
    > I made sure 22 of them did not appear. How do you
    > explain that, Aaron?

    Sure... since they are emailed to you provide proof. Also, in the last
    24 hours, my post got through. You do realize you are claiming that the
    moderated group has more traffic than the rest of the OS/2 newsgroups,
    a highly unlikely proposition. Why would people continue to post if you
    were blocking? I think the answer lies in the fact that you are a liar.
    Why didn't you write back to CU on that email you were copied on with
    me? Punk.

  12. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    The eCS Guy wrote:
    > Jason Bowen wrote:
    >
    >> The OS/2 Guy wrote:

    >>> First, did you notice how pissed off he is with that first
    >>> sentence? I stepped on a nice big nerve there. Next
    >>> he offers a plea for "shift" times. He needs those so
    >>> he can avoid my shift and get one of his silly whines
    >>> in comp.os.os2.moderated. And finally we have the
    >>> spittle of disgust: "Punk".
    >>>
    >>> How easy it is to make the foolish look dumb.
    >>>

    >> So much for what a doctorate means these days. No plea, just proof
    >> you are too much of a wimp to provide real proof for your claims, just
    >> like your buddy Eddie. Let's see, to figure out when you are the
    >> moderator that you claim to be, all I have to do is continually post
    >> and when I got blocked it will be your time. Of course if you let me
    >> post, trying to not give yourself away, you've already lost because
    >> you allow me to post. Have a good day :-). Punk.

    > I think Dr. Martin wins this one. If you continually post, all posts will
    > have to be OS/2 related.
    >
    > The eCS Guy

    I win, he claimed he was blocking in the last 24 hours, my post went
    through.

  13. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    Jason Bowen wrote:
    > The eCS Guy wrote:
    >
    >> Jason Bowen wrote:

    >>> So much for what a doctorate means these days. No plea, just proof
    >>> you are too much of a wimp to provide real proof for your claims,
    >>> just like your buddy Eddie. Let's see, to figure out when you are
    >>> the moderator that you claim to be, all I have to do is continually
    >>> post and when I got blocked it will be your time. Of course if you
    >>> let me post, trying to not give yourself away, you've already lost
    >>> because you allow me to post. Have a good day :-). Punk.

    >> I think Dr. Martin wins this one. If you continually post, all posts
    >> will
    >> have to be OS/2 related.
    >>
    >> The eCS Guy

    > I win, he claimed he was blocking in the last 24 hours, my post went
    > through.

    Maybe you missed his shift.

    The eCS Guy

  14. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote:
    > Jason Bowen said:
    >

    >>>How easy it is to make the foolish look dumb.

    >>So much for what a doctorate means these days.

    > Sigh. There went another one.

    If doctorates are handed out that easy, I want one.

    The eCS Guy

  15. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    The eCS Guy wrote:
    > Jason Bowen wrote:

    >> I win, he claimed he was blocking in the last 24 hours, my post went
    >> through.

    > Maybe you missed his shift.

    Oh I'm sure I did. Mine just happened to be one that slipped through.
    Me thinks he got sloppy and didn't check when making his claim. LOL.
    There are no shifts, the moderation system is set up to email the
    moderator(s). It does't look at what time it is and say I'll send to
    this person or that one.

    > The eCS Guy

  16. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    Jason Bowen wrote:
    > The eCS Guy wrote:
    >
    >> Jason Bowen wrote:

    >>> I win, he claimed he was blocking in the last 24 hours, my post went
    >>> through.

    >> Maybe you missed his shift.

    > Oh I'm sure I did. Mine just happened to be one that slipped through.

    Maybe. It wasn't off-topic and OS/2 related. Those tend to "slip through".

    > Me thinks he got sloppy and didn't check when making his claim. LOL.

    Or maybe you got lucky and missed his shift.

    > There are no shifts, the moderation system is set up to email the
    > moderator(s). It does't look at what time it is and say I'll send to
    > this person or that one.

    We know there are four coordinators according to the Master
    Moderator's List. Sounds like shift work to me.

    The eCS Guy

  17. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 22:52:45 UTC, The eCS Guy
    wrote:

    > inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote:

    > >>So much for what a doctorate means these days.

    > > Sigh. There went another one.

    > If doctorates are handed out that easy, I want one.
    >
    > The eCS Guy

    I understand there are sites on the internet that can sell you
    realistic looking diplomas for a nominal cost.

    --

  18. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    The eCS Guy wrote:
    > Jason Bowen wrote:
    >
    >> The OS/2 Guy wrote:

    >>> First, did you notice how pissed off he is with that first
    >>> sentence? I stepped on a nice big nerve there. Next
    >>> he offers a plea for "shift" times. He needs those so
    >>> he can avoid my shift and get one of his silly whines
    >>> in comp.os.os2.moderated. And finally we have the
    >>> spittle of disgust: "Punk".
    >>>
    >>> How easy it is to make the foolish look dumb.
    >>>

    >> So much for what a doctorate means these days. No plea, just proof
    >> you are too much of a wimp to provide real proof for your claims, just
    >> like your buddy Eddie. Let's see, to figure out when you are the
    >> moderator that you claim to be, all I have to do is continually post
    >> and when I got blocked it will be your time. Of course if you let me
    >> post, trying to not give yourself away, you've already lost because
    >> you allow me to post. Have a good day :-). Punk.

    > I think Dr. Martin wins this one. If you continually post, all posts will
    > have to be OS/2 related.
    >
    > The eCS Guy

    I will *always* win against Jason Bowen. Jason doesn't use OS/2
    at all. He hangs out in the OS/2 newsgroups and harasses OS/2
    users. Why? He was never able to grasp an ability to actually
    handle OS/2. It was beyond his capabilities.

  19. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    The eCS Guy wrote:
    > Pat Gunn wrote:
    >
    >> There are no shift times. I am the sole moderator

    > If you're the 'sole moderator' how come you're not
    > even listed as a moderator? So says the master
    > moderator's list. It shows you as little more than
    > a coordinator.
    >
    > The eCS Guy

    Well, yes, that's what he is and just one of four
    "coordinators".

  20. Re: Decision on coom and cooa policy on eComStation

    inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote:
    > Jason Bowen said:
    >
    >>>How easy it is to make the foolish look dumb.

    >>So much for what a doctorate means these days.

    > Sigh. There went another one.

    You're "plonker" doesn't work, Jim. You've plonked
    this guy on two other occasions. You must be a glutton
    for punishment.