OS/2 is DEAD. Buy eCS! - OS2

This is a discussion on OS/2 is DEAD. Buy eCS! - OS2 ; Now that IBM has finally thrown in the towel on OS/2, it's time to throw my support behind eCS, the last true OS/2 available. First Microsoft burns us, now IBM, Long Live eCS! I want to extend my thanks and ...

  1. OS/2 is DEAD. Buy eCS!

    Now that IBM has finally thrown in the towel on OS/2, it's time to throw
    my support behind eCS, the last true OS/2 available.

    First Microsoft burns us, now IBM, Long Live eCS!

    I want to extend my thanks and appreciation to my new best friend, Bob
    St. John, for showing us the way.

    Larry Chauvet
    Sausalito, CA

  2. Re: OS/2 is DEAD. Buy eCS!

    Now that IBM has finally thrown in the towel on OS/2, it's time to throw
    my support behind Apple's OSX, the best true OS available.

    First Microsoft burns us, now IBM. Long Live Apple!

    I want to extend my thanks and appreciation to my new best friend,
    Tim Martin, for helping me to make this decision.

    Erik Kooistra

  3. Re: OS/2 is DEAD. Buy Apple OSX!

    Erik Kooistra wrote:
    > Now that IBM has finally thrown in the towel on OS/2, it's time to throw
    > my support behind Apple's OSX, the best true OS available.
    >
    > First Microsoft burns us, now IBM. Long Live Apple!
    >
    > I want to extend my thanks and appreciation to my new best friend,
    > Tim Martin, for helping me to make this decision.
    >
    > Erik Kooistra

    Alright Erik! That's the real OS to buy!

    The eCS Guy

  4. Re: OS/2 is DEAD. Buy Apple!

    Erik Kooistra wrote:
    > Now that IBM has finally thrown in the towel on OS/2, it's time to throw
    > my support behind Apple's OSX, the best true OS available.
    >
    > First Microsoft burns us, now IBM. Long Live Apple!
    >
    > I want to extend my thanks and appreciation to my new best friend,
    > Tim Martin, for helping me to make this decision.
    >
    > Erik Kooistra

    Way to go Erik! Call me and I'll help you pick the right machine and
    applications! You will enjoy the G5!

    The eCS Guy

  5. Re: OS/2 is DEAD. Buy Apple!

    The eCS Guy wrote:

    > Erik Kooistra wrote:
    >
    >> Now that IBM has finally thrown in the towel on OS/2, it's time to throw
    >> my support behind Apple's OSX, the best true OS available.
    >>
    >> First Microsoft burns us, now IBM. Long Live Apple!
    >>
    >> I want to extend my thanks and appreciation to my new best friend,
    >> Tim Martin, for helping me to make this decision.
    >>
    >> Erik Kooistra

    > Way to go Erik! Call me and I'll help you pick the right machine and
    > applications! You will enjoy the G5!
    >
    > The eCS Guy

    Go Larry, Go! Talk to yourself using 3 different names!

    The eCS Guy

  6. Re: OS/2 is DEAD. Buy Apple!

    "Dan", a word to the wise ...

    For some reason you believe stalking, harassment, and libel in
    a public forum is legal. You have now been thrown off two newsgroup
    services, the latter being Newscene.com, for your illegal activity
    in these OS/2 newsgroups.

    Ok. So you've moved to Supernews.com. One newsgroup
    service who won't tolerate your kind of public abuse and
    happily cooperates with authorities.

    I want to bring to your attention a case brought against "The
    Grey Ghost" who sat in these OS/2 newsgroups and pulled
    the very same stunts you are pulling today. He believed
    he was invincible, couldn't be touched, until he was met
    with a criminal count of stalking and a civil lawsuit. He huffed
    and puffed his stuff in court with an expensive mouthpiece
    and ended up receiving a seven-month suspended sentence
    and a five-digit civil judgment which included a court order
    provision denying him future Internet access or face jail.

    Still, Mr. "Invincible" was unable to control his obsessive behavior,
    signed up with a naive ISP under another phony name, and returned
    to his baiting and stalking. Today he is serving a year behind
    bars and has another five-digit civil judgment he claims he can't pay.
    Civil judgments are good for ten years and if uncollected during
    that period, can be extended for another seven years. He has
    pretty much fu*ked up his life all because he couldn't control
    his out-of-control ego.

    You are not "invincible" by any means.

    The eCS Guy

  7. Re: OS/2 is DEAD. Buy Apple!

    Larry Chauvet III of Sausalito CA wrote:

    > "Dan", a word to the wise ...

    Sure Larry, whatever you say.

    The eCS Guy

  8. Re: OS/2 is DEAD. Buy Apple!

    Larry Chauvet wrote:

    > "Dan", a word to the wise ...

    Says the guy who is now posting with my handle and email address!

    The eCS Guy

  9. Re: OS/2 is DEAD. Buy eCS!

    Now that IBM has finally thrown in the towel on OS/2, it's time to throw
    my support behind Apple's OSX, the best true OS available.

    First Microsoft burns us, now IBM. Long Live Apple!

    I want to extend my thanks and appreciation to my new best friend,
    Tim Martin, for helping me to make this decision.

    Erik Kooistra

  10. Re: OS/2 is DEAD. Buy Apple OSX!

    Erik Kooistra wrote:
    > Now that IBM has finally thrown in the towel on OS/2, it's time to throw
    > my support behind Apple's OSX, the best true OS available.
    >
    > First Microsoft burns us, now IBM. Long Live Apple!
    >
    > I want to extend my thanks and appreciation to my new best friend,
    > Tim Martin, for helping me to make this decision.
    >
    > Erik Kooistra

    Alright Erik! That's the real OS to buy!

    The eCS Guy

  11. Re: OS/2 is DEAD. Buy Apple!

    Erik Kooistra wrote:
    > Now that IBM has finally thrown in the towel on OS/2, it's time to throw
    > my support behind Apple's OSX, the best true OS available.
    >
    > First Microsoft burns us, now IBM. Long Live Apple!
    >
    > I want to extend my thanks and appreciation to my new best friend,
    > Tim Martin, for helping me to make this decision.
    >
    > Erik Kooistra

    Way to go Erik! Call me and I'll help you pick the right machine and
    applications! You will enjoy the G5!

    The eCS Guy

  12. Re: OS/2 is DEAD. Buy Apple!

    The eCS Guy wrote:

    > Erik Kooistra wrote:
    >
    >> Now that IBM has finally thrown in the towel on OS/2, it's time to throw
    >> my support behind Apple's OSX, the best true OS available.
    >>
    >> First Microsoft burns us, now IBM. Long Live Apple!
    >>
    >> I want to extend my thanks and appreciation to my new best friend,
    >> Tim Martin, for helping me to make this decision.
    >>
    >> Erik Kooistra

    > Way to go Erik! Call me and I'll help you pick the right machine and
    > applications! You will enjoy the G5!
    >
    > The eCS Guy

    Go Larry, Go! Talk to yourself using 3 different names!

    The eCS Guy

  13. Re: OS/2 is DEAD. Buy Apple!

[...]

  14. Re: OS/2 is DEAD. Buy Apple!

    Larry Chauvet III of Sausalito CA wrote:

    > "Dan", a word to the wise ...

    Sure Larry, whatever you say.

    The eCS Guy

  15. Re: OS/2 is DEAD. Buy Apple!

    Larry Chauvet wrote:

    > "Dan", a word to the wise ...

    Says the guy who is now posting with my handle and email address!

    The eCS Guy

+ Reply to Thread