More Bad News: MS Steals "Vista" - OS2

This is a discussion on More Bad News: MS Steals "Vista" - OS2 ; Where is that IBM contact name booby? --> You know the one who can verify that you will be buying OS2 from IBM and reselling it as ecs when IBM enterprise customers have been told no -- they can't buy ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 48 of 48

  1. Re: booby squirms some more

    Where is that IBM contact name booby? --> You know the one who can verify
    that you will be buying OS2 from IBM and reselling it as ecs when IBM
    enterprise customers have been told no -- they can't buy OS2 anymore?

    You seem to be afraid of telling us that name booby. Doing so would make
    a fool out of me. Come on blowhard, I dare you to do it!

    In <42ed65c9$0$14462$8b463f8a@news.nationwide.net>, on 07/31/2005
    at 06:55 PM, "Bob St.John" said:

    >me@privacy.net wrote:
    >> In <42ebdb04$0$14464$8b463f8a@news.nationwide.net>, on 07/30/2005
    >> at 02:51 PM, "Bob St.John" said:
    >>
    >> ...snipped...
    >>

    >>>Shoot, you can't even prove that one! Be a man, for goodness sake. Take
    >>>the bet! If eComStation is being sold, with new inventory, in 2006 ...
    >>>you leave the newsgroups. Pretty simple. Straightforward.

    >> Here's a suggestion for you Bob, so they can't claim you are selling out
    >> old inventory: come out with a brand new release shortly after the new
    >> year. Hard to have existing inventory for a new product!

    >We are going to refresh the 1.2 release first. That will be new
    >inventory. And we will do a new release, scheduled for the end of the
    >year. That has been in the Roadmap since it was put up on the site,
    >months ago.

    >But that doesn't have anything to do with what "ed" and "Tim" are
    >saying. It's clear they don't believe a word of what they are saying.

    >Regards,
    >Bob St.John
    >Serenity Systems International

  2. Re: FUD4 Re: OS2Guy openly admits he loves Mickey$oft

    letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    > Focus on important things booby. Where is that IBM contact name that can
    > confirm you will be selling OS2 when IBM stops?

    So, if eComStaton is being sold in January 2006, you agree to quit these
    newsgroups, correct? C'mon .. you are always so keen to bet. Don't run
    away from this one. According to you, it's a sure thing.

    Regards,
    Bob St. John
    Serenity Systems International

  3. Re: "ed" stalls

    me@privacy.net wrote:
    > In <42ebdb04$0$14464$8b463f8a@news.nationwide.net>, on 07/30/2005
    > at 02:51 PM, "Bob St.John" said:
    >
    > ...snipped...
    >
    >>Shoot, you can't even prove that one! Be a man, for goodness sake. Take
    >>the bet! If eComStation is being sold, with new inventory, in 2006 ...
    >>you leave the newsgroups. Pretty simple. Straightforward.

    > Here's a suggestion for you Bob, so they can't claim you are selling out
    > old inventory: come out with a brand new release shortly after the new
    > year. Hard to have existing inventory for a new product!

    Nice try "me@privacy.net" (Gees, do you eCS guys ever use
    your real names?) but Serenity has a large inventory of unsold OS/2.
    Remember here. Serenity is not selling an 'updated OS/2'. They
    are simply changing the eCS version number, adding a free app
    and the new drivers IBM has released, and claiming eCS has a
    "new release".

    Once Boob runs out of OS/2 inventory he won't get any new
    OS/2 licenses from IBM and that will sufficiently bury eCS and
    those idyits who bought into his scam.

  4. Re: "Mike Ross" ignores truth of ecs again

    Mike Ross wrote:
    > On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 19:35:58 GMT, letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    >

    >>In , on 07/31/2005
    >> at 05:58 PM, "Kevin K" said:

    >>>Kind of conflicts with your claims that ECS isn't OS/2, doesn't it --

    >>Not at all. No one denys that OS2 is in the ecs wrapper. But its not the
    >>same quality OS2 you get from IBM. --If it was, there would be some ecs
    >>enterprise customers.

    > I think there's a fallacy here.

    I agree. I think you're behind it.

    > Name *any* enterprise customers who
    > are rolling out new OS/2 licences of any flavour.

    Since eCS is not OS/2 your attempt to change the focus
    is irrelevant.

    eCS has been a product for more than 7 years now.
    During that entire time Serenity has been unable to
    con any large Enterprise customer into purchasing
    and using eComStation.

    The inability to achieve a sale with even one Enterprise
    customer is clearly a failure of the eCS product and
    Serenity.

    > I don't think there are any.

    You're right. There are no eCS Enterprise customers.
    (There *are* many OS/2 Enterprise customers: Banco
    de Brazil, Bank of Italy, Bank of China, Deutsche Bank,
    DaimlerChrysler, Vauxhall, Ford (Europe and U.S.)
    Toyota, Mitsubishi, Delphi and another 1,000 or so).

    > I don't see how you can suggest a lack of enterprise
    > customers for new licenses proves anything.

    It proves that eComStation is a massive failure because
    eComStation was never designed for the "home user"
    but for the Enterprise customer. Go back to the beginning
    of eComStation when LoonyToons and Boob were hyping
    the hell out of eCS claiming it would be a product for
    large customers (more than 500 seats per sale) and
    the draw would be the base OS/2 operating system
    and their "new improved 32-second" install program
    along with this amazing killer app called "WiseMachine".

    And when that failed to materialize, follow back to the
    claims by Serenity of where and to whome eCS was
    going to be marketed to: Microsoft, Linux and MacIntosh users.

    Like the failure of sales to Enterprise customers, eCS was
    never marketed outside of the OS/2 community. Why?
    Because Serenity knew Microsoft, Linux or Mac users
    has no use or desire for, what was obviously, a penny-ante
    piece of proprietary software that used an older version
    of OS/2.

    With misnomer marketing statements ("Warp 5" "only
    Serenity could offer JFS" "WiseMachine, the killer app"
    "improved install in as little as 32 seconds", eCS the
    only future for OS/2, etc.) and then craftily preying on
    the fears of OS/2 users, Serenity played the pyramid
    game: buy our product today which is dependent upon
    our subscription program which is dependent upon our
    next upgrade which is dependent upon our improved
    subscription program which is dependent upon our
    "Refresh" product ... (to infinity).

    What you are working so hard at here is ignoring the
    truth about Serenity and eCS. You *have* to. You
    invested in eCS. Your entire eCS future is dependent
    upon a minor third party vendor who conned you into
    believing false and manipulative marketing.

    So Mike, tell us all, how well does WiseMachine
    work and were you able to install your copy of
    eCS within the claimed "32-seconds"?

  5. Re: [OT] More Bad News: MS Steals "Vista"

    ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.os2.apps.]
    On 2005-07-25, Jim Moe wrote:
    > Steve Wendt wrote:
    >>
    >> By the way, am I the only one who finds Microsoft's versioning scheme
    >> incredibly stupid? What's wrong with NT 6.0? I'm sure that's what the
    >> OS internals call it (or maybe it's 5.5).

    > More like v5.2; winxp is v5.1. They had to change the name because
    > Longhorn had become synonymous with "not going to happen in our lifetime."

    So... "Vista" as in "still a long way off?"

    :-)

    --

    John (john@os2.dhs.org)

  6. Re: "Mike Ross" ignores truth of ecs again

    Mike Ross wrote:
> [...]

    With misnomer marketing statements ("Warp 5" "only
    Serenity could offer JFS" "WiseMachine, the killer app"
    "improved install in as little as 32 seconds", eCS the
    only future for OS/2, etc.) and then craftily preying on
    the fears of OS/2 users, Serenity played the pyramid
    game: buy our product today which is dependent upon
    our subscription program which is dependent upon our
    next upgrade which is dependent upon our improved
    subscription program which is dependent upon our
    "Refresh" product ... (to infinity).

    What you are working so hard at here is ignoring the
    truth about Serenity and eCS. You *have* to. You
    invested in eCS. Your entire eCS future is dependent
    upon a minor third party vendor who conned you into
    believing false and manipulative marketing.

    So Mike, tell us all, how well does WiseMachine
    work and were you able to install your copy of

  7. Re: "Mike Ross" ignores truth of ecs again

    Mike Ross wrote:
    > On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 15:30:08 -0400, The OS/2 Guy ?
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Mike Ross wrote:

    >>>Name *any* enterprise customers who
    >>>are rolling out new OS/2 licences of any flavour.

    >>Since eCS is not OS/2 your attempt to change the focus
    >>is irrelevant.

    > It's certainly based on OS/2.

    If that were true then the eCS clock would work under OS/2.
    It doesn't. It is proprietary to eCS and only eCS.

    >>> I don't think there are any.

    >>You're right. There are no eCS Enterprise customers.
    >>(There *are* many OS/2 Enterprise customers: Banco
    >>de Brazil, Bank of Italy, Bank of China, Deutsche Bank,
    >>DaimlerChrysler, Vauxhall, Ford (Europe and U.S.)
    >>Toyota, Mitsubishi, Delphi and another 1,000 or so).

    > I don't doubt it for an instant. How many *new* OS/2 enterprise
    > customers have there been in the last few years?

    Again, has nothing to do with identifying an eCS Enterprise
    customer.

    You keep working to change the subject here Ross but it
    isn't going to happen.

    > You've snipped my entire point, which is that there have been no
    > signifcant new OS/2 sales for the last several years.

    Your 'entire point' is irrelevant to the subject of discussion:
    name one eCS Enterprise customer.

    Reality reveals the truth: eCS is a failure.

    >>What you are working so hard at here is ignoring the
    >>truth about Serenity and eCS. You *have* to. You
    >>invested in eCS. Your entire eCS future is dependent
    >>upon a minor third party vendor who conned you into
    >>believing false and manipulative marketing.

    > No-one conned me.

    Turn around quick and you too will find a monkey
    flying out of your butt.

    >>So Mike, tell us all, how well does WiseMachine
    >>work and were you able to install your copy of
    >>eCS within the claimed "32-seconds"?

    > I've never heard of WiseMachine -

    Ahh the proverbial denial. How about this one:
    does your eCS report itself as "Warp 5" or not?

  8. Re: "Mike Ross" ignores truth of ecs again