Effect of IBM announcement on eCS service? - OS2

This is a discussion on Effect of IBM announcement on eCS service? - OS2 ; What is the effect on eCommStation of the IBM announcement of OS/2 service termination? Does Serenity have a service contract that goes beyond the cutoff date? Will IBM be providing any of its source code to Serenity so that Serenity ...

  1. Effect of IBM announcement on eCS service?

    What is the effect on eCommStation of the IBM announcement of OS/2
    service termination? Does Serenity have a service contract that goes
    beyond the cutoff date? Will IBM be providing any of its source code
    to Serenity so that Serenity can do its own diagnosis and defect
    removal?

    reply to spamtrap@library.lspace.org

  2. Re: Effect of IBM announcement on eCS service?

    Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz wrote:
    > What is the effect on eCommStation of the IBM announcement of OS/2
    > service termination?

    eCS was a dead product when first sold and remains
    a dead product.

    > Does Serenity have a service contract that goes
    > beyond the cutoff date?

    Serenity has no contract with IBM beyond December 31, 2005.

    Serenity will not be able to sell new OS/2 licenses as of
    January 1, 2006.

    Serenity is a minor third party vendor who will have to pay IBM
    for any new drivers, software, enhancements, updates, which
    result from contracts with large OS/2 Enterprise customers.

    Through its own stupidity, Serenity will be required to rework
    any new drivers, software, enhancements, updates purchased
    from IBM into their own proprietary eComStation code.

    > Will IBM be providing any of its source code
    > to Serenity so that Serenity can do its own diagnosis and defect
    > removal?

    Absolutely not. Serenity is a minor third party vendor who
    sold new OS/2 licenses of older OS/2 releases at one time.

  3. Re: Effect of IBM announcement on eCS service?

    Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz wrote:
    > What is the effect on eCommStation of the IBM announcement of OS/2
    > service termination? Does Serenity have a service contract that goes
    > beyond the cutoff date? Will IBM be providing any of its source code
    > to Serenity so that Serenity can do its own diagnosis and defect
    > removal?

    The IBM announcement has no effect on eComStation, or any other OEM
    agreement. IBM has not shared source code with any third party, though
    discussions of that nature take place periodically. History is on the
    "not sharing source code".

    It would be inappropriate to discuss contracts at this time.

    Regards,
    Bob St.John
    Serenity Systems International

  4. Re: Effect of IBM announcement on eCS service?

    In <42d9da5f$0$24833$8b463f8a@news.nationwide.net>, on 07/16/2005
    at 11:08 PM, "Bob St.John" said:

    >Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz wrote:
    >> What is the effect on eCommStation of the IBM announcement of OS/2
    >> service termination?

    Then you are not selling OS2 -->Just like we said. -->Stop the lying
    booby. No one is getting new OS2 licenses after Dec. 2005.

    Does Serenity have a service contract that goes
    >> beyond the cutoff date? Will IBM be providing any of its source code
    >> to Serenity so that Serenity can do its own diagnosis and defect
    >> removal?

    >The IBM announcement has no effect on eComStation, or any other OEM
    >agreement. IBM has not shared source code with any third party, though
    >discussions of that nature take place periodically. History is on the
    >"not sharing source code".

    >It would be inappropriate to discuss contracts at this time.

    You don't have a contract, and you are shut down as of Dec. 2005. Stop
    the lying.

    >Regards,
    >Bob St.John
    >Serenity Systems International

  5. Re: Effect of IBM announcement on eCS service?

    In <42d9a667$1$fuzhry+tra$mr2ice@news.patriot.net>, on 07/16/2005
    at 08:29 PM, "Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz"
    said:

    >What is the effect on eCommStation of the IBM announcement of OS/2
    >service termination? Does Serenity have a service contract that goes
    >beyond the cutoff date?

    NO. The announcemnet is clear on no new licenses after Dec. 2005.

    >Will IBM be providing any of its source code to
    >Serenity so that Serenity can do its own diagnosis and defect removal?

    NO. And if booby say he has it, he's lying again.

  6. Re: Effect of IBM announcement on eCS service?