eWeek Coverage on OS/2 Announcement and eComStation - OS2

This is a discussion on eWeek Coverage on OS/2 Announcement and eComStation - OS2 ; http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,,1837763,00.asp http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,,1837761,00.asp From the first article: >"eComStation will remain available as long as it is a good business. There is no end in sight," St. John said....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 48

  1. eWeek Coverage on OS/2 Announcement and eComStation

    http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,,1837763,00.asp

    http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,,1837761,00.asp

    From the first article:

    >"eComStation will remain available as long as it is a good business.

    There is no end in sight," St. John said.

  2. Re: booby shut down by IBM (eWeek Coverage on OS/2 Announcement and eComStation)

    In <42d98f64$0$24837$8b463f8a@news.nationwide.net>, on 07/16/2005
    at 05:48 PM, "Bob St.John" said:

    >http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,,1837763,00.asp

    >http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,,1837761,00.asp

    > From the first article:

    > >"eComStation will remain available as long as it is a good business.

    >There is no end in sight," St. John said.

    How about showing us the contract with IBm where is says we are selling
    OS2 licences to booby st. john?

    The IBM announcement said they are not selling it anymore booby. That
    includes you too booby. Now, stop your lying here.

  3. Re: eWeek Coverage on OS/2 Announcement and eComStation

    Bob St.John wrote:
    > http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,,1837763,00.asp
    >
    > http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,,1837761,00.asp
    >
    > From the first article:
    >
    > >"eComStation will remain available as long as it is a good business.

    > There is no end in sight," St. John said.

    From IBM:

    "Serenity Systems will not be able to sell new OS/2 licenses
    after December 31, 2005."

    eCS is dead

  4. Re: eWeek Coverage on OS/2 Announcement and eComStation

    On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 16:27:02 -0400, The OS/2 Guy wrote:

    > Bob St.John wrote:
    >> [quoted text muted]

    > From IBM:
    >
    > "Serenity Systems will not be able to sell new OS/2 licenses after
    > December 31, 2005."
    >
    > eCS is dead

    Another case where you've posted a quote without attribution.

    You are making it appear that IBM's announcement specifically stated
    Serinity Systems won't be able to sell new licenses, when in fact IBM's
    announcement is that they will stop selling OS/2 Warp, and no more
    renewels of their support contract, except on an exception basis. So it
    is not likely that all it takes is making an easy extension to the
    passport advantage past 2006.

    Since there IS an exception process, put in place to handle larger
    customers who may need an additional license, I think it is a fairly safe
    assumption that this is the route that SSI will be using to continue to
    sell additional licenses in the future, and get access to the updates that
    existing small users won't be able to get after 2006.

  5. Re: eWeek Coverage on OS/2 Announcement and eComStation [FUD4]

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:

    > From IBM:
    >
    > "Serenity Systems will not be able to sell new OS/2 licenses
    > after December 31, 2005."

    You quote that from where? Please provide the URL. (Or, just admit that
    you made it up. Ignoring or changing subject will be taken as your
    admitting that you made it up.)

  6. Re: booby shut down by IBM (eWeek Coverage on OS/2 Announcement andeComStation)

    letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    > In <42d98f64$0$24837$8b463f8a@news.nationwide.net>, on 07/16/2005
    > at 05:48 PM, "Bob St.John" said:
    >

    >>http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,,1837763,00.asp

    >>http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,,1837761,00.asp

    >>From the first article:

    >>>"eComStation will remain available as long as it is a good business.

    >>There is no end in sight," St. John said.

    > How about showing us the contract with IBm where is says we are selling
    > OS2 licences to booby st. john?

    No. Contracts of that nature are confidential

    > The IBM announcement said they are not selling it anymore booby. That
    > includes you too booby. Now, stop your lying here.

    The IBM announcement specifies program and part numbers being withdrawn.
    Now, any eComStation user who looks at the eula will see that the OS/2
    Warp 4 part number is different from that being withdrawn. That's
    because every product listed on OEM agreements is unique and specific to
    that OEM agreement. Iow, the IBM announcement had no bearing on any OEM.

    Read the "papers".

    Regards,
    Bob St.John
    Serenity Systems International

  7. Re: booby shut down by IBM (eWeek Coverage on OS/2 Announcement andeComStation)

    Bob St.John wrote:

    > The IBM announcement specifies program and part numbers being withdrawn.
    > Now, any eComStation user who looks at the eula will see that the OS/2
    > Warp 4 part number is different from that being withdrawn. That's
    > because every product listed on OEM agreements is unique and specific to
    > that OEM agreement. Iow, the IBM announcement had no bearing on any OEM.

    Except for the fact that Serenity Systems International aka by business
    license as Managed Systems of Texas (MSoT) cannot sell any new
    OS/2 licenses. And the fact that SSI/MSoT has no OEM contract
    beyond December 31, 2005.

    Those two facts curtail any future for eComStation, even tho' eComStation
    never had a future from day one.

    eCS is a dead product.

    Wait... did I mention no one will want to buy eComStation anyway
    knowing you will publicly release their private customer information?

  8. eWeek Coverage on OS/2 Announcement andeComStation)

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > Bob St.John wrote:
    >

    >> The IBM announcement specifies program and part numbers being
    >> withdrawn. Now, any eComStation user who looks at the eula will see
    >> that the OS/2 Warp 4 part number is different from that being
    >> withdrawn. That's because every product listed on OEM agreements is
    >> unique and specific to that OEM agreement. Iow, the IBM announcement
    >> had no bearing on any OEM.

    > Except for the fact that Serenity Systems International aka by business
    > license as Managed Systems of Texas (MSoT) cannot sell any new
    > OS/2 licenses. And the fact that SSI/MSoT has no OEM contract
    > beyond December 31, 2005.

    Those are misstatements made by you, not facts. The fact is, in January
    2006, eComStation will continue to sold and installed. It will be the
    most current OS/2 media available.

    Regards,
    Bob St.John
    Serenity Systems International

  9. Re: booby shut down by IBM (eWeek Coverage on OS/2 Announcement andeComStation)

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > Bob St.John wrote:
    >

    >> The IBM announcement specifies program and part numbers being
    >> withdrawn. Now, any eComStation user who looks at the eula will see
    >> that the OS/2 Warp 4 part number is different from that being
    >> withdrawn. That's because every product listed on OEM agreements is
    >> unique and specific to that OEM agreement. Iow, the IBM announcement
    >> had no bearing on any OEM.

    > Except for the fact that Serenity Systems International aka by business
    > license as Managed Systems of Texas (MSoT) cannot sell any new
    > OS/2 licenses. And the fact that SSI/MSoT has no OEM contract
    > beyond December 31, 2005.

    I don't know about "Managed Systems of Texas (MSoT). I've never heard of
    such an organization. I am famiiar with Managed Systems International.
    Folks can get current info about this company by entering the name on
    http://ecpa.cpa.state.tx.us/vendor/tpsearch1.html

    Managed Systems International, Inc., certainly does have an OEM
    agreement with IBM and 12/31/2005 doesn't factor into the agreement at all.

    Regards,
    Bob St.John
    Serenity Systems International

  10. Re: eWeek Coverage on OS/2 Announcement andeComStation)

    Bob St.John wrote:
    > The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >
    >> Except for the fact that Serenity Systems International aka by business
    >> license as Managed Systems of Texas (MSoT) cannot sell any new
    >> OS/2 licenses. And the fact that SSI/MSoT has no OEM contract
    >> beyond December 31, 2005.

    > Those are misstatements made by you, not facts. The fact is, in January
    > 2006, eComStation will continue to sold and installed. It will be the
    > most current OS/2 media available.

    eComStation is a scam. Anyone considering buying into
    the eCS product today has to accept the fact that you
    have access to their Mensys customer records and
    have demonstrated the illegal act of divulging private
    information from those records. No credit card, SSN,
    DOB, billing address or other required customer
    information is safe or secure with Serenity or Mensys.

  11. Re: booby shut down by IBM (eWeek Coverage on OS/2 Announcement andeComStation)

    Bob St.John wrote:

    > Managed Systems International, Inc., certainly does have an OEM
    > agreement with IBM and 12/31/2005 doesn't factor into the agreement at all.

    And you told us all that you had no problem with
    eComStation being advertised and marketed as "Warp 5".

    No one believes you. What people do believe is
    what you *have* done. You have demonstrated
    the illegal act of divulging private information from
    Mensys customer records. No credit card, SSN,
    DOB, billing address or other required customer
    information is safe or secure with Serenity or Mensys.

  12. [FUD4] Re: eWeek Coverage on OS/2 Announcement and eComStation

    Well folks Timmy has finally shown his true colors.

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:

    > In short, you had better prepare yourselves for a move to Microsoft's
    > WindowsXP.

    Timmy has been blasting any and all OS/2 users for at least 10 years
    now. He has provided no significant advise at all to any one who uses
    OS/2 and now we see why. Timmy is nothing more than a Microsoft wannabe.
    Now that IBM has publicly stated that they will not sell new OS/2
    licenses anymore Timmy has gone after the next group of people. He is
    lashing out with a vengeance now to show that there is nothing left,
    that we have to go to the Microsoft camp or all else is over. Heck maybe
    Timmy is nothing more than Billy Bob Gates making sure of OS/2's demise
    --- NOT! Timmy doesn't have enough brains cells to even think of doing
    something like that. Timmy is just a bottom feeder thats all.

    Bob Bencivenga
    OS/2 Die Hard

  13. Re: booby shut down by IBM (eWeek Coverage on OS/2 Announcement and eComStation)

    In <42d9d8d6$0$24833$8b463f8a@news.nationwide.net>, on 07/16/2005
    at 11:01 PM, "Bob St.John" said:

    >letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    >> In <42d98f64$0$24837$8b463f8a@news.nationwide.net>, on 07/16/2005
    >> at 05:48 PM, "Bob St.John" said:
    >>

    >>>http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,,1837763,00.asp

    >>>http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,,1837761,00.asp

    >>>From the first article:

    >>>There is no end in sight," St. John said.

    >> How about showing us the contract with IBm where is says we are selling
    >> OS2 licences to booby st. john?

    >No. Contracts of that nature are confidential

    You're shut as of Dec. 2005 booby. You have no contract. You have no
    mony to even buy support. All you might have a pile of unsold ecs
    licenses. Which would only go to prove you are the con-man we've said you
    are.

    >> The IBM announcement said they are not selling it anymore booby. That
    >> includes you too booby. Now, stop your lying here.

    >The IBM announcement specifies program and part numbers being withdrawn.
    >Now, any eComStation user who looks at the eula will see that the OS/2
    >Warp 4 part number is different from that being withdrawn. That's
    >because every product listed on OEM agreements is unique and specific to
    >that OEM agreement. Iow, the IBM announcement had no bearing on any OEM.

    Well, well, well. If you have something different then what IBM is not
    going to sell Dec. 2005 -->Then its not OS2 -->Just like we have been
    saying. There will be no new OS2 licenses after Dec. 2005. You are out
    of business on that date.

    Its really time for you stop the lies and play straight for once in your
    life.

    >Read the "papers".

    I did booby. You need to do the same. IBM is not selling any OS2
    licenses after Dec 2005. That means you are not getting any new ones --
    So stop the lying and bull****.

    >Regards,
    >Bob St.John
    >Serenity Systems International

  14. eWeek Coverage on OS/2 Announcement and eComStation)

    letoured@nospam.net wrote:

    > Well, well, well. If you have something different then what IBM is not
    > going to sell Dec. 2005 -->Then its not OS2 -->Just like we have been
    > saying. There will be no new OS2 licenses after Dec. 2005. You are out
    > of business on that date.

    I'm typing r e a l l y s l o w l y so you can understand. The product
    is the same. Part numbers on all OEM agreements are specific to that
    contract. Therefore, the IBM announcement has no effect on any OEM.

    You failed to respond to a message earlier, so I'll make the offer
    again. If Serenity Systems International is selling eComStation, as it
    currently constituted, complete with OS/2 licenses, after January 1,
    2006, you will leave the OS/2 newsgroups.

    If you believe your postings, you would agree. If you don't believe your
    postings, why are you lying to people?

    Regards,
    Bob St.John
    Serenity Systems International

  15. Re: eWeek Coverage on OS/2 Announcement andeComStation)

    Bob St.John wrote:

    > Those are misstatements made by you, not facts. The fact is, in
    > January 2006, eComStation will continue to sold and installed. It will
    > be the most current OS/2 media available.

    And *that* is what is driving Larry absolutely crazy! OS/2 from IBM
    is dead. OS/2 from SSI will live on.

    The eCS Guy

  16. Re: [FUD4] Re: eWeek Coverage on OS/2 Announcement and eComStation

    Bob Bencivenga wrote:

    > Well folks Timmy has finally shown his true colors.
    >
    > The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >
    > > In short, you had better prepare yourselves for a move to Microsoft's
    > > WindowsXP.

    > Timmy has been blasting any and all OS/2 users for at least 10 years
    > now. He has provided no significant advise at all to any one who uses
    > OS/2 and now we see why. Timmy is nothing more than a Microsoft
    > wannabe. Now that IBM has publicly stated that they will not sell new
    > OS/2 licenses anymore Timmy has gone after the next group of people.
    > He is lashing out with a vengeance now to show that there is nothing
    > left, that we have to go to the Microsoft camp or all else is over.
    > Heck maybe Timmy is nothing more than Billy Bob Gates making sure of
    > OS/2's demise --- NOT! Timmy doesn't have enough brains cells to even
    > think of doing something like that. Timmy is just a bottom feeder
    > thats all.

    There is no "Timmy". The person posting as "The OS/2 Guy" is really
    Larry Chauvet of Sausalito, California.

    The eCS Guy

  17. [FUD4] Re: eWeek Coverage on OS/2 Announcement andeComStation)

    The eCS Guy wrote:
    > Bob St.John wrote:
    >

    >> Those are misstatements made by you, not facts. The fact is, in
    >> January 2006, eComStation will continue to sold and installed. It will
    >> be the most current OS/2 media available.
    >>

    > And *that* is what is driving Larry absolutely crazy! OS/2 from IBM
    > is dead. OS/2 from SSI will live on.
    >
    > The eCS Guy

    Well, Larry has been at this for 10 years or more. Let us be honest,
    anyone who devotes that much time to just stirring up **** for no reason
    is a probably a very sick person with an empty life. In the past when
    reality encroached on Larry's fantasy world he regrouped and came out
    with something else to yell about, this time will be no different.

    Face it, Larry probably sits around at HUD making paper clip chains
    being pissed off at the world because he is so much better than everyone
    else, but they don't get it. So, he gets on his computer and spews crap
    to release all his frustration. He does not care about OS/2 in any
    form, but he can sit at his computer and do things he does not have the
    balls to do in his real life.

    I imagine Larry is kind of like Dennis Rader the BTK serial killer they
    caught a couple months ago. Instead of killing people, Larry does his
    dirty work in these newsgroups. Yes, I have him filtered, yes he will
    twist that into a crazy accusation, and yes he might say again (as he
    has in the past) that he will contact my ISP which is just another Larry
    fantasy.

    So, the IBM announcement isn't driving Larry crazy. It is just another
    point where reality is bumping into Larry's fantasy world and he is
    having a harder time justifying his life's work.

    You want to be disgusted with someone, I give you Ed. Ed follows Larry.
    While they share common traits, Larry is just mentally ill but Ed is a
    stupid bastard and I believe his posts prove this to be true.

    --
    M Greene Voice Memeber #1356 (ICQ:319474014)

    IRC (MikeG):
    irc.va.webbnet.info #os/2 #learnc++ #os/2warp irc.ecomstation.com #eCS

    OS/2 Stuff : http://members.cox.net/greenemk/os2/
    My OpenWatcom : http://members.cox.net/mikeos2/

  18. Re: ed's "selective hearing"

    Bob St.John wrote:

    > Twice, now, you have avoided my challenge to you.

    Why shouldn't he? You were challenged years ago to put
    up or leave these NGs over your claim that eCS was "Warp 5" and
    again when you claimed only Serenity could give the OS/2
    user JFS and this ridiculous thing called "WiseMachine". As
    I recall you've been challenged 38 different times with facitious
    and bogus claims surrounding and associated with eCS.

    Yet you're still here despite your inability to back them up.

    eCS is a dead product. Worse yet, anyone buying eCS from
    you or Mensys has to accept the fact that you are going to
    release their private customer information in public forums.
    That will jeopardize their credit card, bank, and personal
    information.

    It's a wonder Mensys hasn't cut you loose but it is their
    reputation you have soiled, pissed on and dragged through
    the mud.

    Move on. Get out of the OS/2 newsgroups. Run back to
    your six eCS Lusers sitting in the eCS Yahoo Groups whining
    about your refusal to market eCS outside the OS/2 community.
    You ruined their lives. Don't try ruining lives in these OS/2
    newsgroups.

  19. Re: booby shut down by IBM (eWeek Coverage on OS/2 Announcement andeComStation)

    On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 04:28:03 UTC, "Bob St.John" wrote:

    > > Bob St.John wrote:

    > Except for the fact that Serenity Systems International aka by business
    > license as Managed Systems of Texas (MSoT) cannot sell any new
    > OS/2 licenses. And the fact that SSI/MSoT has no OEM contract
    > beyond December 31, 2005.

    > I don't know about "Managed Systems of Texas (MSoT).

    Oh dear, luckily you forgot the "f" from "of" I read it
    in myself first and was stunned MSofT from Texas ....

    --
    regards from Leeuwarden
    Peter van Dobben de Bruijn

  20. Re: Bob not shut down by IBM. Only OS/2 has been shut down by IBM

    Eddie LeTard Babbled Thusly:

    >You're a ****ing idiot. Try reading the IBM announcement and tell us
    >there are no enterprise customers, and its just booby buying, and don't
    >foreget to take you meds. You might not act as stupid on public with them
    >in your bood...

    Sorry, but I have nothing in my "bood" - whatever *that* means. I see
    you still haven't learned how to constuct rational sentences. I guess
    rational sentences are impossible when your thoughts are irrational to
    start with.

    I've read IBM's announcement. Apparently you have not. It makes no
    reference of "Enterprise Customers", nor OEMs. It simply says IBM will
    no longer sell OS/2. Why you think this means Serenity can no longer
    sell eCS is something of a mystery since, as you and Larry Chauvet keep
    claiming, eCS is not OS/2!

    The eCS Guy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast