eWeek Coverage on OS/2 Announcement and eComStation - OS2

This is a discussion on eWeek Coverage on OS/2 Announcement and eComStation - OS2 ; The OS/2 Guy wrote: > Bob St.John wrote: > >> >> The IBM announcement specifies program and part numbers being >> withdrawn. Now, any eComStation user who looks at the eula will see >> that the OS/2 Warp 4 part ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 48 of 48

  1. Re: booby shut down by IBM (eWeek Coverage on OS/2 Announcement andeComStation)

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > Bob St.John wrote:
    >

    >> The IBM announcement specifies program and part numbers being
    >> withdrawn. Now, any eComStation user who looks at the eula will see
    >> that the OS/2 Warp 4 part number is different from that being
    >> withdrawn. That's because every product listed on OEM agreements is
    >> unique and specific to that OEM agreement. Iow, the IBM announcement
    >> had no bearing on any OEM.

    > Except for the fact that Serenity Systems International aka by business
    > license as Managed Systems of Texas (MSoT) cannot sell any new
    > OS/2 licenses. And the fact that SSI/MSoT has no OEM contract
    > beyond December 31, 2005.

    I don't know about "Managed Systems of Texas (MSoT). I've never heard of
    such an organization. I am famiiar with Managed Systems International.
    Folks can get current info about this company by entering the name on
    http://ecpa.cpa.state.tx.us/vendor/tpsearch1.html

    Managed Systems International, Inc., certainly does have an OEM
    agreement with IBM and 12/31/2005 doesn't factor into the agreement at all.

    Regards,
    Bob St.John
    Serenity Systems International

  2. Re: eWeek Coverage on OS/2 Announcement andeComStation)

    Bob St.John wrote:
    > The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >
    >> Except for the fact that Serenity Systems International aka by business
    >> license as Managed Systems of Texas (MSoT) cannot sell any new
    >> OS/2 licenses. And the fact that SSI/MSoT has no OEM contract
    >> beyond December 31, 2005.

    > Those are misstatements made by you, not facts. The fact is, in January
    > 2006, eComStation will continue to sold and installed. It will be the
    > most current OS/2 media available.

    eComStation is a scam. Anyone considering buying into
    the eCS product today has to accept the fact that you
    have access to their Mensys customer records and
    have demonstrated the illegal act of divulging private
    information from those records. No credit card, SSN,
    DOB, billing address or other required customer
    information is safe or secure with Serenity or Mensys.

  3. Re: booby shut down by IBM (eWeek Coverage on OS/2 Announcement andeComStation)

    Bob St.John wrote:

    > Managed Systems International, Inc., certainly does have an OEM
    > agreement with IBM and 12/31/2005 doesn't factor into the agreement at all.

    And you told us all that you had no problem with
    eComStation being advertised and marketed as "Warp 5".

    No one believes you. What people do believe is
    what you *have* done. You have demonstrated
    the illegal act of divulging private information from
    Mensys customer records. No credit card, SSN,
    DOB, billing address or other required customer
    information is safe or secure with Serenity or Mensys.

  4. [FUD4] Re: eWeek Coverage on OS/2 Announcement and eComStation

    Well folks Timmy has finally shown his true colors.

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:

    > In short, you had better prepare yourselves for a move to Microsoft's
    > WindowsXP.

    Timmy has been blasting any and all OS/2 users for at least 10 years
    now. He has provided no significant advise at all to any one who uses
    OS/2 and now we see why. Timmy is nothing more than a Microsoft wannabe.
    Now that IBM has publicly stated that they will not sell new OS/2
    licenses anymore Timmy has gone after the next group of people. He is
    lashing out with a vengeance now to show that there is nothing left,
    that we have to go to the Microsoft camp or all else is over. Heck maybe
    Timmy is nothing more than Billy Bob Gates making sure of OS/2's demise
    --- NOT! Timmy doesn't have enough brains cells to even think of doing
    something like that. Timmy is just a bottom feeder thats all.

    Bob Bencivenga
    OS/2 Die Hard

  5. Re: eWeek Coverage on OS/2 Announcement andeComStation)

    Bob St.John wrote:

    > Those are misstatements made by you, not facts. The fact is, in
    > January 2006, eComStation will continue to sold and installed. It will
    > be the most current OS/2 media available.

    And *that* is what is driving Larry absolutely crazy! OS/2 from IBM
    is dead. OS/2 from SSI will live on.

    The eCS Guy

  6. Re: [FUD4] Re: eWeek Coverage on OS/2 Announcement and eComStation

    Bob Bencivenga wrote:

    > Well folks Timmy has finally shown his true colors.
    >
    > The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >
    > > In short, you had better prepare yourselves for a move to Microsoft's
    > > WindowsXP.

    > Timmy has been blasting any and all OS/2 users for at least 10 years
    > now. He has provided no significant advise at all to any one who uses
    > OS/2 and now we see why. Timmy is nothing more than a Microsoft
    > wannabe. Now that IBM has publicly stated that they will not sell new
    > OS/2 licenses anymore Timmy has gone after the next group of people.
    > He is lashing out with a vengeance now to show that there is nothing
    > left, that we have to go to the Microsoft camp or all else is over.
    > Heck maybe Timmy is nothing more than Billy Bob Gates making sure of
    > OS/2's demise --- NOT! Timmy doesn't have enough brains cells to even
    > think of doing something like that. Timmy is just a bottom feeder
    > thats all.

    There is no "Timmy". The person posting as "The OS/2 Guy" is really
    Larry Chauvet of Sausalito, California.

    The eCS Guy

  7. [FUD4] Re: eWeek Coverage on OS/2 Announcement andeComStation)

    The eCS Guy wrote:
    > Bob St.John wrote:
    >

    >> Those are misstatements made by you, not facts. The fact is, in
    >> January 2006, eComStation will continue to sold and installed. It will
    >> be the most current OS/2 media available.
    >>

    > And *that* is what is driving Larry absolutely crazy! OS/2 from IBM
    > is dead. OS/2 from SSI will live on.
    >
    > The eCS Guy

    Well, Larry has been at this for 10 years or more. Let us be honest,
    anyone who devotes that much time to just stirring up **** for no reason
    is a probably a very sick person with an empty life. In the past when
    reality encroached on Larry's fantasy world he regrouped and came out
    with something else to yell about, this time will be no different.

    Face it, Larry probably sits around at HUD making paper clip chains
    being pissed off at the world because he is so much better than everyone
    else, but they don't get it. So, he gets on his computer and spews crap
    to release all his frustration. He does not care about OS/2 in any
    form, but he can sit at his computer and do things he does not have the
    balls to do in his real life.

    I imagine Larry is kind of like Dennis Rader the BTK serial killer they
    caught a couple months ago. Instead of killing people, Larry does his
    dirty work in these newsgroups. Yes, I have him filtered, yes he will
    twist that into a crazy accusation, and yes he might say again (as he
    has in the past) that he will contact my ISP which is just another Larry
    fantasy.

    So, the IBM announcement isn't driving Larry crazy. It is just another
    point where reality is bumping into Larry's fantasy world and he is
    having a harder time justifying his life's work.

    You want to be disgusted with someone, I give you Ed. Ed follows Larry.
    While they share common traits, Larry is just mentally ill but Ed is a
    stupid bastard and I believe his posts prove this to be true.

    --
    M Greene Voice Memeber #1356 (ICQ:319474014)

    IRC (MikeG):
    irc.va.webbnet.info #os/2 #learnc++ #os/2warp irc.ecomstation.com #eCS

    OS/2 Stuff : http://members.cox.net/greenemk/os2/
    My OpenWatcom : http://members.cox.net/mikeos2/

  8. Re: booby shut down by IBM (eWeek Coverage on OS/2 Announcement andeComStation)

    On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 04:28:03 UTC, "Bob St.John" wrote:

    > > Bob St.John wrote:

    > Except for the fact that Serenity Systems International aka by business
    > license as Managed Systems of Texas (MSoT) cannot sell any new
    > OS/2 licenses. And the fact that SSI/MSoT has no OEM contract
    > beyond December 31, 2005.

    > I don't know about "Managed Systems of Texas (MSoT).

    Oh dear, luckily you forgot the "f" from "of" I read it
    in myself first and was stunned MSofT from Texas ....

    --
    regards from Leeuwarden
    Peter van Dobben de Bruijn

+ Reply to Thread