OS/2 from IBM is now OFFICIALLY dead. What will the FUDsters donow? - OS2

This is a discussion on OS/2 from IBM is now OFFICIALLY dead. What will the FUDsters donow? - OS2 ; Read it and weep, folks. http://www-306.ibm.com/software/os/warp/withdrawal.html The day is fast approaching when the only place you will be able to buy OS/2 is from - wait for it - Serenity Systems! That's right, IBM will no longer sell OS/2 after ...

  1. OS/2 from IBM is now OFFICIALLY dead. What will the FUDsters donow?

    Read it and weep, folks.
    http://www-306.ibm.com/software/os/warp/withdrawal.html

    The day is fast approaching when the only place you will be able to buy
    OS/2 is from - wait for it - Serenity Systems!

    That's right, IBM will no longer sell OS/2 after December 23, 2005.
    Support will end on December 31, 2006. Game over.

    For more coverage of this, see
    for the ARS Technica take on this.

    The eCS Guy

  2. Re: OS/2 from IBM is now OFFICIALLY dead. What will the FUDsters do now?

    In <42d867bf$0$84173$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>, on 07/15/2005
    at 08:52 PM, The eCS Guy said:

    >Read it and weep, folks.
    >http://www-306.ibm.com/software/os/warp/withdrawal.html

    >The day is fast approaching when the only place you will be able to buy
    >OS/2 is from - wait for it - Serenity Systems!

    And you have seen the contract or an IBM press release proving that? No?
    -->booby is out of business. Deal with it. Tell your other multiple
    personalities about it too.

    >That's right, IBM will no longer sell OS/2 after December 23, 2005.
    >Support will end on December 31, 2006. Game over.

    Its over for booby and ecs. I could explain if for you, but you're too
    ****ing dumb to get it.

    >For more coverage of this, see
    >http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20050715-5102.html
    >for the ARS Technica take on this.

    >The eCS Guy

  3. Re: OS/2 from IBM is now OFFICIALLY dead. What will the [FUD4]stersdo now?

    letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    > In <42d867bf$0$84173$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>, on 07/15/2005
    > at 08:52 PM, The eCS Guy said:
    >>That's right, IBM will no longer sell OS/2 after December 23, 2005.
    >>Support will end on December 31, 2006. Game over.

    > Its over for booby and ecs. I could explain if for you, but you're too
    > ****ing dumb to get it.

    So, if eCS is still there in Jan. 2006, you will leave the newsgroups.
    If eCS is gone by then, I will leave. Deal?

  4. Re: OS/2 from IBM is now OFFICIALLY dead. What will the [FUD4]sters do now?

    In <11dhsgnnhcr4v97@corp.supernews.com>, on 07/16/2005
    at 01:40 PM, Jeroen Besse said:

    >letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    >> In <42d867bf$0$84173$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>, on 07/15/2005
    >> at 08:52 PM, The eCS Guy said:
    >>>That's right, IBM will no longer sell OS/2 after December 23, 2005.
    >>>Support will end on December 31, 2006. Game over.

    >> Its over for booby and ecs. I could explain if for you, but you're too
    >> ****ing dumb to get it.

    >So, if eCS is still there in Jan. 2006, you will leave the newsgroups.
    >If eCS is gone by then, I will leave. Deal?

    Nope. The real and only bet here is about booby lying. And the con-man
    booby is running from it... And you being the moron that you are, are
    likewise afraid to see the meaning of booby lying and having it proven
    with documentation.

    In the end the "truth always wins out," and the con-man folds his tent and
    leaves.

    Now go play your idiot shill games somewhere else. You lost this one, like
    you always do.

  5. Re: OS/2 from IBM is now OFFICIALLY dead. What will the [FUD4]stersdo now?

    letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    > In <11dhsgnnhcr4v97@corp.supernews.com>, on 07/16/2005
    > at 01:40 PM, Jeroen Besse said:
    >

    >>letoured@nospam.net wrote:

    >>>Its over for booby and ecs. I could explain if for you, but you're too
    >>>****ing dumb to get it.

    >>So, if eCS is still there in Jan. 2006, you will leave the newsgroups.
    >>If eCS is gone by then, I will leave. Deal?

    > Nope.

    What other reason to chicken out of such a fair deal than not believing
    your own words?

    BTW: the bet is about Bob lying or not. If he lies (as you suggests), he
    won't have an OEM contract in Jan. 2006, and, thus, eCS will be gone.

    So, you want to bet on it? I'd even say: let's gamble. Do you dare to
    raise? (You seem to be sure that Bob is lying... so bet on it!)

  6. Re: OS/2 from IBM is now OFFICIALLY dead. What will the truth tellers do now?

    Go troll somewhere else. The only bet is about booby lying over state of
    texas taxes and notifications that he failed to pay them, thus did
    business illegally.

    -->Whether or not booby has unsold and out-dated copies of ecs that he can
    still try to hawk to the stupid in january -- is irrelevant to the future
    of ecs. When IBM stops developing drivers, ecs is dead. That happens in
    December 2005... And anyone buying copies at that point is an idiot! You
    qualify for that statement, so I'm sure not bright enough to understand
    this post.

    In <11di0hglveilu00@corp.supernews.com>, on 07/16/2005
    at 02:48 PM, Jeroen Besse said:

    >letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    >> In <11dhsgnnhcr4v97@corp.supernews.com>, on 07/16/2005
    >> at 01:40 PM, Jeroen Besse said:

    >>>So, if eCS is still there in Jan. 2006, you will leave the newsgroups.
    >>>If eCS is gone by then, I will leave. Deal?

    >> Nope.

    >What other reason to chicken out of such a fair deal than not believing
    >your own words?

    >BTW: the bet is about Bob lying or not. If he lies (as you suggests), he
    >won't have an OEM contract in Jan. 2006, and, thus, eCS will be gone.

    >So, you want to bet on it? I'd even say: let's gamble. Do you dare to
    >raise? (You seem to be sure that Bob is lying... so bet on it!)

  7. Re: OS/2 from IBM is now OFFICIALLY dead. What will the FUDstersdo now?

    letoured@nospam.net wrote:

    In <42d867bf$0$84173$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>, on 07/15/2005 at 08:52 PM, The eCS Guy <theecsguy@yahoo.com> said:

    Read it and weep, folks. http://www-306.ibm.com/software/os/warp/withdrawal.html

    The day is fast approaching when the only place you will be able to buy OS/2 is from - wait for it - Serenity Systems!

    And you have seen the contract or an IBM press release proving that? No?

    Yes, it's right above your response, you ****ing retard.   But just in case your "Physical Disability" prevents you from seeing it, here it is again:

    http://www-306.ibm.com/software/os/warp/withdrawal.html Full text below:

    OS/2 Withdrawal from Marketing and Change in Support

    Introduction

    For several years IBM has published an OS/2 Strategy. It stated IBM's intention to reduce OS/2 support and made the recommendation that customers implement a phased transition from client-and-server environments to the WebSphere software platform. Consistent with that direction, OS/2 Warp V4 and OS/2 Warp Server for e-business have been withdrawn from marketing and the product CDs will not be available effective December 23, 2005.  End of Standard Support for both products is December 31, 2006.  This was announced on July 12, 2005.

    Support beyond December 31, 2006, is available for a fee through Service Extensions or Total Content Ownership contracts.

    New Defect Support

    IBM will provide new defect support (product-specific, task oriented software and hardware assistance) for OS/2 Warp 4 Convenience Packages and for Warp Server for e-business Convenience Packages through December 31, 2006 for Passport Advantage customers with active Software Maintenance. Customers should install the latest fix pack or service refresh to stay current for new defect support. Customers must maintain active Software Maintenance to obtain fix packs or service refreshes.

    On December 31, 2004 IBM withdrew new defect support for Java 1.1.8 and Netscape 4.61 for other than install by IBM components. Java 1.1.8 has been superseded by Java 1.3.1. Netscape 4.61 has been superseded by the IBM Web Browser for OS/2. Customers should install the latest service refreshes of Java 1.3.1 and IBM Web Browser for OS/2 to stay current for new defect support.

    The OS/2 Warp support page has more detailed support information.

    OS/2 Plans

    There are no plans for new versions/releases or new function for any of the OS/2 Warp V4 or Warp Server for e-business products or components (including Java and the IBM Web Browser).

    There are no plans for any new fix packs or component refreshes. The currently available OS/2 fix packs will remain on the OS/2 support website through December 31, 2006.

    Existing OS/2 customers

    On an exception basis, existing OS/2 customers can request to purchase additional OS/2 licenses, renew software maintenance, or reinstate software maintenance through Passport Advantage after December 23, 2005. IBM will review each request and notify the customer if it is approved.

    Contact your IBM representative to submit an order request.

    Support for New Hardware and New Device Drivers

    Very limited support for new IBM hardware systems will be available through December 31, 2005. After that date, IBM will not provide OS/2 support for operation on any new IBM hardware systems.

    IBM will continue to offer fee services for compatibility testing of new hardware systems to OEMs through December 31, 2005.

    Very few new device drivers are planned for delivery prior to December 31, 2005. After that date, IBM will not provide any new device drivers. The currently available device drivers will remain on the web site through December 31, 2006.

    Customers are encouraged to work with IBM sales to make sufficient hardware purchases during 2005 to satisfy anticipated OS/2 needs.

    Support for IBM Middleware

    Almost all existing IBM middleware products that run on OS/2 have been withdrawn from marketing and have reached their end of support dates. New defect support via special bid support offerings for some IBM middleware products will continue to be available from IBM Global Services (IGS) Integrated Technology Services (ITS) until December 31, 2006.

    Independent Software Vendors (ISVs)

    ISVs are responsible for any claims of compatibility with specific versions of OS/2 and for service and support for their products.

    For customers with active Passport Advantage contracts for Warp 4 and/or Warp Server for e-business, IBM plans to work with third party ISVs to address customer reported problems with ISV products. IBM posts the ISV names and products on the OS/2 ISV Web site.

    Migration recommendations and assistance are available.

    Questions and requests for additional information should be directed to Bill Quigley.

    We're here to help

    Easy ways to get the answers you need.

     Call me  E-mail us

    or call us at
    877-426-3774 Priority code: 104CBW67

    The eCS Guy

  8. Re: OS/2 from IBM is now OFFICIALLY dead. What will the truth tellers do now?

    at 02:48 PM, Jeroen Besse said:

    >letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    >> In <11dhsgnnhcr4v97@corp.supernews.com>, on 07/16/2005
    >> at 01:40 PM, Jeroen Besse said:

    >>>So, if eCS is still there in Jan. 2006, you will leave the newsgroups.
    >>>If eCS is gone by then, I will leave. Deal?

    >> Nope.

    >What other reason to chicken out of such a fair deal than not believing
    >your own words?

    >BTW: the bet is about Bob lying or not. If he lies (as you suggests), he
    >won't have an OEM contract in Jan. 2006, and, thus, eCS will be gone.

    >So, you want to bet on it? I'd even say: let's gamble. Do you dare to
    >raise? (You seem to be sure that Bob is lying... so bet on it!)

+ Reply to Thread