Re: eComStation: Why No One Buys It - OS2

This is a discussion on Re: eComStation: Why No One Buys It - OS2 ; Stuart Gray wrote: > Tim - you bought it though, didn't you? Stuart, *NO* I didn't buy it. I was anointed with a legally authorized "registered in my name" online *and* hard copy of the Preview, eCS v1.0, 1.1 and ...

  1. Re: eComStation: Why No One Buys It

    Stuart Gray wrote:
    > Tim - you bought it though, didn't you?

    Stuart, *NO* I didn't buy it. I was anointed with
    a legally authorized "registered in my name"
    online *and* hard copy of the Preview, eCS v1.0,
    1.1 and 1.2 versions directly from Mensys.

    I wouldn't take a dime out of my pocket toward such
    a piece of crap and those who do, when well informed
    of its problems and the false advertising behind it, are
    more than stupid, they are idyits.

    > You keep telling everyone how
    > you have every version since 1.0...

    Irritating, isn't it? That's what you get when you don't
    do your homework but perceive and believe the
    false facts presented by non-credible sources.

    And coming up soon: the so-called "Refresh". Why
    is there a refresh instead of a v2.0? Answer: because
    v1.2 didn't sell and by issuing a bogus 'refresh' another
    round of phony marketing can commence. Be thankful
    I'm willing to speak the truth about the product. It is for
    that reason that Serenity's ass is held to the fire and forced
    to try and fix a product so faulty that no one buy idyits will buy it.

    Look for my personal review of the eCS v1.2R (refresh)
    when finally released. And let's not forget, eCS v2.0 is
    promised for delivery by the end of Summer. The end
    of Summer is September 20th, 2005. Serenity has never
    once made any announced deadline date. Not once.
    Of course, they never pre-announced a v1.2 Refresh either.
    The refresh is just a marketing ploy. Would anyone have
    purchased v1.2 had Serenity told them "we're gonna try
    and fix it, call it a refresh and charge a minor $99 fee
    to those who buy the faulty v1.2..."

    BTW, v2.0? You might want to wait on that v2.0 purchase.
    Serenity will sell it for $349, up $50 from previous versions.
    But that's not a reason for waiting to buy. Wait so you can
    buy the v2.0 Refresh, one issued each quarter, because
    it will cost another $49 bringing your v2.0 purchase to a
    round $400 figure. If you buy each scheduled 2006 refresh
    of v2.0 you'll easily pay well over $500 for a product that
    still won't work 'as advertised'.

  2. Re: eComStation: Why No One Buys It [FUD4]

    On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 08:51:02 -0400, The OS/2 Guy wrote:

    > Stuart Gray wrote:
    >> [quoted text muted]

    > Stuart, *NO* I didn't buy it. I was anointed with a legally authorized
    > "registered in my name" online *and* hard copy of the Preview, eCS v1.0,
    > 1.1 and 1.2 versions directly from Mensys.
    >
    > I wouldn't take a dime out of my pocket toward such a piece of crap and
    > those who do, when well informed of its problems and the false advertising
    > behind it, are more than stupid, they are idyits.
    >
    >> [quoted text muted]

    > Irritating, isn't it? That's what you get when you don't do your homework
    > but perceive and believe the false facts presented by non-credible
    > sources.
    >
    > And coming up soon: the so-called "Refresh". Why is there a refresh
    > instead of a v2.0? Answer: because v1.2 didn't sell and by issuing a
    > bogus 'refresh' another round of phony marketing can commence. Be
    > thankful I'm willing to speak the truth about the product. It is for that
    > reason that Serenity's ass is held to the fire and forced to try and fix a
    > product so faulty that no one buy idyits will buy it.
    >
    > Look for my personal review of the eCS v1.2R (refresh) when finally
    > released. And let's not forget, eCS v2.0 is promised for delivery by the
    > end of Summer. The end of Summer is September 20th, 2005. Serenity has
    > never once made any announced deadline date. Not once. Of course, they
    > never pre-announced a v1.2 Refresh either. The refresh is just a marketing
    > ploy. Would anyone have purchased v1.2 had Serenity told them "we're
    > gonna try and fix it, call it a refresh and charge a minor $99 fee to
    > those who buy the faulty v1.2..."
    >
    > BTW, v2.0? You might want to wait on that v2.0 purchase. Serenity will
    > sell it for $349, up $50 from previous versions. But that's not a reason
    > for waiting to buy. Wait so you can buy the v2.0 Refresh, one issued each
    > quarter, because it will cost another $49 bringing your v2.0 purchase to a
    > round $400 figure. If you buy each scheduled 2006 refresh of v2.0 you'll
    > easily pay well over $500 for a product that still won't work 'as
    > advertised'.

    You may not be aware of it, but computer technology changes, and sometimes
    to install, you need updated drivers. Based on information at
    www.ecomstation.com, there is no new functionality in the refresh, but
    updated drivers, and support for install (in 32 bit mode) on AMD64
    computers. And the download of the ISO images will be free to registered
    users.

    And since the Roadmap file only says by the end of 2005 for 2.0, (subject
    to change), the only source for the Summer release is you.

    And a refresh to support additional hardware is hardly unique. Redhat
    provides updated ISOs for their releases, such as 2.1, so you don't have
    to install the OS then a whole bunch of updates. I would hardly think
    that a refresh of 2.1 should get a whole new number.

    And where are you coming up with your prices. It appears you make up
    numbers whose basis is just to be higher than IBM's.

  3. Re: [FUD4]eComStation: Why No One Buys It

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > Stuart Gray wrote:
    >
    >> Tim - you bought it though, didn't you?

    > Stuart, *NO* I didn't buy it. I was anointed with
    > a legally authorized "registered in my name"
    > online *and* hard copy of the Preview, eCS v1.0,
    > 1.1 and 1.2 versions directly from Mensys.

    "Anointed with"?? Kings get anointed, priests get anointed, and it's
    part of baptism and reception into the Catholic Church - and they all
    get anointed with oil. But illiterate FUDsters? I think the phrase you
    are looking for is "sold" - as in "I was sold a legally..." Either that
    or you stole it from your favourite P2P network, as you advise so many
    others to do.

    > I wouldn't take a dime out of my pocket toward such
    > a piece of crap and those who do, when well informed
    > of its problems and the false advertising behind it, are
    > more than stupid, they are idyits.

    The word is spelled "idiot" (for an example, look in a mirror).

    >> You keep telling everyone how you have every version since 1.0...

    > Irritating, isn't it? That's what you get when you don't
    > do your homework but perceive and believe the
    > false facts presented by non-credible sources.

    What is irritating? That I remind you of what you hae said?

    Well Tim, unlike you I have a life to live, so I on't waste any more
    time on this ridiculous thread. Enjoy it while it lasts - one day you
    may have to produce a real dissertation and stand on your own two feet.

    Stuart

  4. Re: eComStation: Why No One Buys It

    Stuart Gray wrote:
    > The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >> Stuart Gray wrote:
    >>
    >>> Tim - you bought it though, didn't you?

    >> Stuart, *NO* I didn't buy it. I was anointed with
    >> a legally authorized "registered in my name"
    >> online *and* hard copy of the Preview, eCS v1.0,
    >> 1.1 and 1.2 versions directly from Mensys.

    > "Anointed with"?? Kings get anointed, priests get anointed, and it's
    > part of baptism and reception into the Catholic Church - and they all
    > get anointed with oil. But illiterate FUDsters? I think the phrase you
    > are looking for is "sold" - as in "I was sold a legally..."

    Then, as an eCS investor, you would be wise to report this
    alleged theft Serenity so they can destroy my registration
    and access to the eComStation website.

    > Either that or you stole it from your favourite P2P network,
    > as you advise so many others to do.

    And Stuart, you'd be hard pressed to ever find a public
    message from me advising anyone to steal eComStation
    via any P2P application.

    Like almost every known application, eComStation is
    available via P2P and I've happily reported that fact
    here but as far as I know absolutely no one has ever
    wanted eComStation much less taken the opportunity
    to steal it via P2P.

    >> I wouldn't take a dime out of my pocket toward such
    >> a piece of crap and those who do, when well informed
    >> of its problems and the false advertising behind it, are
    >> more than stupid, they are idyits.

    > The word is spelled "idiot" (for an example, look in a mirror).

    No, in *your* case it is spelled correctly. You *are* an idyit,
    Stuart.

    >>> You keep telling everyone how you have every version since 1.0...

    >> Irritating, isn't it? That's what you get when you don't
    >> do your homework but perceive and believe the
    >> false facts presented by non-credible sources.

    > What is irritating? That I remind you of what you hae said?

    Why would that be irritating to me? I've publicly stated I have
    every version of eCS from the Preview through to the latest
    release, version 1.2, and each version was obtained legally.

    The irritation is with you and the fact that I dare report the
    truth about the faulty eCS product. You hate that.

    > Well Tim, unlike you I have a life to live, so I on't waste any more
    > time on this ridiculous thread.

    You've already exposed to all of us the type of life you
    have to live so it isn't a surprise to any reader that you
    will now pull your tail between your legs and run like a
    rabbit.

    > Enjoy it while it lasts - one day you
    > may have to produce a real dissertation and
    > stand on your own two feet.

    My dissertation was well received and resulted in
    a doctorate. You may call me ...