Why Can't eCS Be Sold In The U.S.? - OS2

This is a discussion on Why Can't eCS Be Sold In The U.S.? - OS2 ; U.S. Consumer Protection laws plain and simple. eComStation is distributed outside the United States, in "The Netherlands" specifically to avoid U.S. Consumer Protection Laws. Serenity is not allowed to sell eComStation within the U.S. borders because it is such a ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Why Can't eCS Be Sold In The U.S.?

  1. Why Can't eCS Be Sold In The U.S.?

    U.S. Consumer Protection laws plain and simple.

    eComStation is distributed outside the United States, in "The
    Netherlands" specifically to avoid U.S. Consumer Protection
    Laws.

    Serenity is not allowed to sell eComStation within the U.S.
    borders because it is such a poor and problematic product.

    --
    Dr. Timothy Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy
    Warp City Web Site - http://www.warpcity.com
    email: OS2Guy@Gmail.com OR eCSGuy@Gmail.com

  2. [fud4] What prevents eComStation from being sold in the United States?

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > U.S. Consumer Protection laws plain and simple.
    >
    > eComStation is distributed outside the United States, in "The
    > Netherlands" specifically to avoid U.S. Consumer Protection
    > Laws.
    >
    > Serenity is not allowed to sell eComStation within the U.S.
    > borders because it is such a poor and problematic product.
    >

    You know Larry...the least you could do is humor us a little bit and
    list some specific citations of U.S. Consumer Protection laws.

  3. Re: What prevents eComStation from being sold in the United States?

    In , on 07/10/2005
    at 11:09 PM, ecomstation Rulez said:



    >The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >> U.S. Consumer Protection laws plain and simple.
    >>
    >> eComStation is distributed outside the United States, in "The
    >> Netherlands" specifically to avoid U.S. Consumer Protection
    >> Laws.
    >>
    >> Serenity is not allowed to sell eComStation within the U.S.
    >> borders because it is such a poor and problematic product.
    >>

    >You know Larry...the least you could do is humor us a little bit and
    >list some specific citations of U.S. Consumer Protection laws.


    Are you really this dumb. Anyone with any consumer law knowledge knows
    booby would be have to give refunds for his product under various US laws
    and FTC rules. In some cases we have seen, users could sue for fraud and
    collect triple damages. Thus, booby doesn't sell ecs directly or in the
    US, so he is insulated from the laws that get con-men.



  4. Re: What prevents eComStation from being sold in the United States?

    wrote:

    > In , on 07/10/2005
    > at 11:09 PM, ecomstation Rulez said:
    >
    >
    >
    > >The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > >> U.S. Consumer Protection laws plain and simple.
    > >>
    > >> eComStation is distributed outside the United States, in "The
    > >> Netherlands" specifically to avoid U.S. Consumer Protection
    > >> Laws.
    > >>
    > >> Serenity is not allowed to sell eComStation within the U.S.
    > >> borders because it is such a poor and problematic product.
    > >>

    > >You know Larry...the least you could do is humor us a little bit and
    > >list some specific citations of U.S. Consumer Protection laws.

    >
    > Are you really this dumb.


    Indeed. Larry doesn't actually know any of this stuff. It is just plain
    dumb to suggest otherwise. Really.

    > Anyone with any consumer law knowledge knows booby would be have to give
    > refunds for his product under various US laws and FTC rules.


    Whereas the Netherlands have no such laws?

    > In some cases we have seen, users could sue for fraud and collect triple
    > damages. Thus, booby doesn't sell ecs directly or in the US, so he is
    > insulated from the laws that get con-men.


    Because it is a well-known fact that the EU doesn't have laws that get
    con-men?

    --
    Andrew J. Brehm
    Marx Brothers Fan
    PowerPC/Macintosh User
    Supporter of Chicken Sandwiches

  5. Re: What prevents eComStation from being sold in the United States?

    In <1gzk4gk.19rhc4yzobeuoN%ajbrehm@gmail.com>, on 07/11/2005
    at 10:45 PM, ajbrehm@gmail.com (Andrew J. Brehm) said:



    > wrote:


    >> In , on 07/10/2005
    >> at 11:09 PM, ecomstation Rulez said:
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> >The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >> >> U.S. Consumer Protection laws plain and simple.
    >> >>
    >> >> eComStation is distributed outside the United States, in "The
    >> >> Netherlands" specifically to avoid U.S. Consumer Protection
    >> >> Laws.
    >> >>
    >> >> Serenity is not allowed to sell eComStation within the U.S.
    >> >> borders because it is such a poor and problematic product.
    >> >>
    >> >You know Larry...the least you could do is humor us a little bit and
    >> >list some specific citations of U.S. Consumer Protection laws.

    >>
    >> Are you really this dumb.


    >Indeed. Larry doesn't actually know any of this stuff. It is just plain
    >dumb to suggest otherwise. Really.


    No turkey. booby has a reason for not selling ecs directly in the US.
    Its US law that he can't hide from if it was sold here.


    >> Anyone with any consumer law knowledge knows booby would be have to give
    >> refunds for his product under various US laws and FTC rules.


    >Whereas the Netherlands have no such laws?


    You're playing dumbass again. We've been over this before. -->You tell us
    how someone in the US uses a Netherland law to get a refund in the US.





    >> In some cases we have seen, users could sue for fraud and collect triple
    >> damages. Thus, booby doesn't sell ecs directly or in the US, so he is
    >> insulated from the laws that get con-men.


    >Because it is a well-known fact that the EU doesn't have laws that get
    >con-men?





  6. FUD4 Re: What prevents eComStation from being sold in the UnitedStates? Nothing! Happens all the time

    letoured@nospam.net wrote:

    >
    > No turkey. booby has a reason for not selling ecs directly in the US.
    > Its US law that he can't hide from if it was sold here.


    Actually, eComStation is sold in the US all the time. The world wide
    retail distributor is Mensys. Resellers are all over.
    http://www.ecomstation.com/where_purchase.phtml

    And you overlook commercial sales. SSI does fill commercial sales in the
    US and other countries.

    >>>Anyone with any consumer law knowledge knows booby would be have to give
    >>>refunds for his product under various US laws and FTC rules.

    >
    >
    >>Whereas the Netherlands have no such laws?

    >
    >
    > You're playing dumbass again. We've been over this before. -->You tell us
    > how someone in the US uses a Netherland law to get a refund in the US.


    How about this ... can you produce anyone in the US who wanted a refund
    and had any difficulty in obtaining one?

    Professionally, way before joining IBM, I have been an advocate of
    refunds. The allow the buyer to have confidence they won't become the
    "stuckee". If you read the EULA of just about any software package,
    you'll find refunds are pretty much non-existent .. for any software
    product. Most limit the user to replacement of defective media.

    However, SSI has always worked with resellers and customers to provide
    satisfaction. And .. five years later, it's still working.

    Regards,
    Bob St.John
    Serenity Systems International

  7. Re: psychopath booby lies again (Re: What prevents eComStation from being sold in the United States?)

    In <42d32d62$0$24832$8b463f8a@news.nationwide.net>, on 07/11/2005
    at 09:36 PM, "Bob St.John" said:



    >letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    >
    >>
    >> No turkey. booby has a reason for not selling ecs directly in the US.
    >> Its US law that he can't hide from if it was sold here.


    >Actually, eComStation is sold in the US all the time. The world wide
    >retail distributor is Mensys. Resellers are all over.


    No one sells ecs directly in the US. Its not sold directly so no one can
    use US law to collect from you or the vendor.

    You would be wise to stop your psychopathic behavior here.





    >http://www.ecomstation.com/where_purchase.phtml


    >And you overlook commercial sales. SSI does fill commercial sales in the
    >US and other countries.


    >>>>Anyone with any consumer law knowledge knows booby would be have to give
    >>>>refunds for his product under various US laws and FTC rules.

    >>
    >>
    >>>Whereas the Netherlands have no such laws?

    >>
    >>
    >> You're playing dumbass again. We've been over this before. -->You tell us
    >> how someone in the US uses a Netherland law to get a refund in the US.


    >How about this ... can you produce anyone in the US who wanted a refund
    >and had any difficulty in obtaining one?


    >Professionally, way before joining IBM, I have been an advocate of
    >refunds. The allow the buyer to have confidence they won't become the
    >"stuckee". If you read the EULA of just about any software package,
    >you'll find refunds are pretty much non-existent .. for any software
    >product. Most limit the user to replacement of defective media.


    >However, SSI has always worked with resellers and customers to provide
    >satisfaction. And .. five years later, it's still working.


    >Regards,
    >Bob St.John
    >Serenity Systems International



  8. FUD4 Re: What prevents eComStation from being sold in the UnitedStates? Nothing

    letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    > In <42d32d62$0$24832$8b463f8a@news.nationwide.net>, on 07/11/2005
    > at 09:36 PM, "Bob St.John" said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >>letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>No turkey. booby has a reason for not selling ecs directly in the US.
    >>>Its US law that he can't hide from if it was sold here.

    >
    >
    >>Actually, eComStation is sold in the US all the time. The world wide
    >>retail distributor is Mensys. Resellers are all over.

    >
    >
    > No one sells ecs directly in the US. Its not sold directly so no one can
    > use US law to collect from you or the vendor.


    Gee. That is just plain wrong, as has been pointed out to you with
    crystal clarity. Even down to providing the reseller info. I'll help you
    place an order if you like.
    >
    > You would be wise to stop your psychopathic behavior here.


    Now *that's* funny.

    Regards,
    Bob St.John
    Serenity Systems International

  9. Re: booby whines and lies again ( What prevents eComStation from being sold in the United States? Nothing)

    In <42d3b4ba$0$24833$8b463f8a@news.nationwide.net>, on 07/12/2005
    at 07:14 AM, "Bob St.John" said:



    >letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    >> In <42d32d62$0$24832$8b463f8a@news.nationwide.net>, on 07/11/2005
    >> at 09:36 PM, "Bob St.John" said:
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>>letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>No turkey. booby has a reason for not selling ecs directly in the US.
    >>>>Its US law that he can't hide from if it was sold here.

    >>
    >>
    >>>Actually, eComStation is sold in the US all the time. The world wide
    >>>retail distributor is Mensys. Resellers are all over.

    >>
    >>
    >> No one sells ecs directly in the US. Its not sold directly so no one can
    >> use US law to collect from you or the vendor.


    >Gee. That is just plain wrong, as has been pointed out to you with
    >crystal clarity. Even down to providing the reseller info. I'll help you
    >place an order if you like.


    Gee, someone should sue you, and report how you refuse to pay up and use
    the lack of US law to squirm out of your responsibliities. --As we know
    you would.

    Now why don't you try being a responsible business man and ytake an
    enthics course. If nothing else it will keep you spending your time on
    the intenet lying.

    PS: Its this kind of behavior that got you fired from IBM. Don't you
    think its time to grow up?




    >>
    >> You would be wise to stop your psychopathic behavior here.


    >Now *that's* funny.


    >Regards,
    >Bob St.John
    >Serenity Systems International



  10. fud4 ( What prevents eComStation from being sold in the United States?Nothing)

    letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    >
    > Gee, someone should sue you


    But no one ever has, including you and "Tim". No just cause, I guess.

    I haven't been by USENET for awhile, but it doesn't make any difference.
    Nothing has changed. You are still here, standing alone, hurtling
    invectives and displaying oedipal and anal fixations.

    You and "Tim" still peddling distortions, misrepresentations, and
    fabrications. And when you are called on it, you top post "I win!" and
    change the subject.

    You asked in one posting if I was going to sue you. I'm more inclined
    to pray for you. You and "Tim" .. trying so hard and so unsuccessfully
    to tear things down. Never garnering the good will which comes from
    making a contribution.

    While eComStation continues to deliver value to users, and support OS/2
    events like the recent developers conference in Dresden, and the past
    and future Warpstock events.

    There is value and positive contributions made by eComStation and SSI.
    I'm justly proud of what has been accomplished, and recognized by the
    three Best Commercial Software awards voted by the readers poll on OS/2
    World.

    Some things don't change. You negativism and crude invectives don't
    change. And they don't change the progress of eComStation and the value
    of eComStation. That isn't going to change, either.

    The media refresh will be the best OS/2 desktop ever delivered. And that
    achievement will stay in place until the next release, which will give
    OS/2 users something to feel good about.

    Regards,
    Bob St.John
    Serenity Systems International

  11. Re: booby lies again ( What prevents eComStation from being sold in the United States? Nothing)

    In <42d3c64b$0$24836$8b463f8a@news.nationwide.net>, on 07/12/2005
    at 08:29 AM, "Bob St.John" said:



    >letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    >>
    >> Gee, someone should sue you


    >But no one ever has, including you and "Tim". No just cause, I guess.



    Give it up booby -- Your ethics, your constant lies have made your word
    not something that can be trusted.




    >I haven't been by USENET for awhile, but it doesn't make any difference.
    >Nothing has changed. You are still here, standing alone,


    There is less of the ecs spam in the IBM OS2 newsgroups. Thousands of
    users have been spared from buying into your con-game.

    When are you going to tell us why your business has been suspended by the
    state and why you did business anyway, and why you have lied about it, and
    why you ignored the letters from the state?


    Answer truthfully for once in your life.







    hurtling
    >invectives and displaying oedipal and anal fixations.


    >You and "Tim" still peddling distortions, misrepresentations, and
    >fabrications. And when you are called on it, you top post "I win!" and
    >change the subject.


    >You asked in one posting if I was going to sue you. I'm more inclined
    >to pray for you. You and "Tim" .. trying so hard and so unsuccessfully
    >to tear things down. Never garnering the good will which comes from
    >making a contribution.


    >While eComStation continues to deliver value to users, and support OS/2
    >events like the recent developers conference in Dresden, and the past
    >and future Warpstock events.


    >There is value and positive contributions made by eComStation and SSI.
    >I'm justly proud of what has been accomplished, and recognized by the
    >three Best Commercial Software awards voted by the readers poll on OS/2
    >World.


    >Some things don't change. You negativism and crude invectives don't
    >change. And they don't change the progress of eComStation and the value
    >of eComStation. That isn't going to change, either.


    >The media refresh will be the best OS/2 desktop ever delivered. And that
    >achievement will stay in place until the next release, which will give
    >OS/2 users something to feel good about.


    >Regards,
    >Bob St.John
    >Serenity Systems International



  12. FUD4 Re: What prevents eComStation from being sold in the UnitedStates? Nothing

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > Bob St.John wrote:
    >
    >> letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    >>
    >>>
    >>> Gee, someone should sue you

    >>
    >>
    >> But no one ever has, including you and "Tim". No just cause, I guess.

    >
    >
    > We have no reason to sue you.


    Well, "even a blind pig can find an acorn now and then".

    Regards,
    Bob St.John
    Serenity Systems International

  13. Re: What prevents eComStation from being sold in the UnitedStates?Nothing

    Bob St.John wrote:
    >>
    >> We have no reason to sue you.

    >
    > Well, "even a blind pig can find an acorn now and then".


    You said the same thing then released the private account
    information on one of your customers. Wait... is he a customer?

    Maybe you can post Dink's Credit Card numbers so we
    can open a new account at Meansys - after all, you claim
    to have all the account information of every Meansys
    customer!

    What a scammer you are!

    --
    Dr. Timothy Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy
    Warp City Web Site - http://www.warpcity.com
    email: OS2Guy@Gmail.com OR eCSGuy@Gmail.com

  14. Re: What prevents eComStation from being sold in the UnitedStates? Nothing

    In <42d481b6_3@news3.prserv.net>, on 07/12/2005
    at 07:55 PM, The OS/2 Guy said:



    >Bob St.John wrote:
    >>>
    >>> We have no reason to sue you.

    >>
    >> Well, "even a blind pig can find an acorn now and then".


    >You said the same thing then released the private account
    >information on one of your customers. Wait... is he a customer?


    >Maybe you can post Dink's Credit Card numbers so we
    >can open a new account at Meansys - after all, you claim
    >to have all the account information of every Meansys
    >customer!



    If booby is not a direct seller, why would he have credit card info on
    someone else's customers???

    Me thinks booby is getting into big law trouble here and needs an attorney
    ASAP. Too bad he doesn't have the money for one.








    >What a scammer you are!





  15. Re: What prevents eComStation from being sold in the UnitedStates?Nothing

    letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    > In <42d481b6_3@news3.prserv.net>, on 07/12/2005
    > at 07:55 PM, The OS/2 Guy said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >>Bob St.John wrote:
    >>
    >>>>We have no reason to sue you.
    >>>
    >>>Well, "even a blind pig can find an acorn now and then".

    >
    >
    >>You said the same thing then released the private account
    >>information on one of your customers. Wait... is he a customer?

    >
    >
    >>Maybe you can post Dink's Credit Card numbers so we
    >>can open a new account at Meansys - after all, you claim
    >>to have all the account information of every Meansys
    >>customer!

    >
    >
    >
    > If booby is not a direct seller, why would he have credit card info on
    > someone else's customers???


    Ah! Another blind pig finds an acorn! Snce I am not the retailer, I do
    not have the customer's personal data. You got confused because you
    listened to "Tim".

    Regards,
    Bob St.John
    Serenity Systems International

  16. Re: What prevents eComStation from being sold in the UnitedStates? Nothing

    In <42d4f16b$0$24832$8b463f8a@news.nationwide.net>, on 07/13/2005
    at 05:45 AM, "Bob St.John" said:



    >letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    >> In <42d481b6_3@news3.prserv.net>, on 07/12/2005
    >> at 07:55 PM, The OS/2 Guy said:
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>>Bob St.John wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>>We have no reason to sue you.
    >>>>
    >>>>Well, "even a blind pig can find an acorn now and then".

    >>
    >>
    >>>You said the same thing then released the private account
    >>>information on one of your customers. Wait... is he a customer?

    >>
    >>
    >>>Maybe you can post Dink's Credit Card numbers so we
    >>>can open a new account at Meansys - after all, you claim
    >>>to have all the account information of every Meansys
    >>>customer!

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> If booby is not a direct seller, why would he have credit card info on
    >> someone else's customers???


    >Ah! Another blind pig finds an acorn! Snce I am not the retailer, I do
    >not have the customer's personal data. You got confused because you
    >listened to "Tim".


    Well coming from a fellow like you who does business while suspened by the
    state and who then lies about it -- we have no way of knowing if you are
    telling the turth now or not. -->Your proven record of telling the truth
    is "zero."




    >Regards,
    >Bob St.John
    >Serenity Systems International



  17. Re: What prevents eComStation from being sold in the UnitedStates? Nothing

    In <42d4f16b$0$24832$8b463f8a@news.nationwide.net>, on 07/13/2005
    at 05:45 AM, "Bob St.John" said:



    >letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    >> In <42d481b6_3@news3.prserv.net>, on 07/12/2005
    >> at 07:55 PM, The OS/2 Guy said:
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>>Bob St.John wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>>We have no reason to sue you.
    >>>>
    >>>>Well, "even a blind pig can find an acorn now and then".

    >>
    >>
    >>>You said the same thing then released the private account
    >>>information on one of your customers. Wait... is he a customer?

    >>
    >>
    >>>Maybe you can post Dink's Credit Card numbers so we
    >>>can open a new account at Meansys - after all, you claim
    >>>to have all the account information of every Meansys
    >>>customer!

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> If booby is not a direct seller, why would he have credit card info on
    >> someone else's customers???


    >Ah! Another blind pig finds an acorn! Snce I am not the retailer, I do
    >not have the customer's personal data. You got confused because you
    >listened to "Tim".


    >Regards,
    >Bob St.John
    >Serenity Systems International



+ Reply to Thread