Mr. Message (AIM client) 7/3/2005 update - OS2

This is a discussion on Mr. Message (AIM client) 7/3/2005 update - OS2 ; Mr. Message for OS/2 is an instant messenger client which is capable of communicating over AOL's Instant Messenger network using the OSCAR protocol (used in the Win32 AIM clients, jBuddy, gAIM, Kopete, ICQ, and a variety of other clients). It ...

  1. Mr. Message (AIM client) 7/3/2005 update

    Mr. Message for OS/2 is an instant messenger client which is capable of
    communicating over AOL's Instant Messenger network using the OSCAR
    protocol (used in the Win32 AIM clients, jBuddy, gAIM, Kopete, ICQ, and
    a variety of other clients).

    It has been updated with the following changes:

    * Full support for 16-bit legacy TCP/IP stack as well as the
    32-bit stack.
    * Fixed intermittent crashes on startup for users with a long buddy
    list that is split into two parts by the AOL server.
    * Fixed a potential crash when an error message is received during
    the early stages of login.
    * Fixed a bug causing the Session Manager menu to go away when it is
    navigated by keyboard.
    * Fixed a bug where settings information was not updated when a
    session's name (login user name) is changed using ALT-Left click
    instead of editing the session.
    * Fixed a few minor memory leaks for weird situations.

    To download, please visit the official Mr. Message web page:
    http://mamodeo.dyndns.org/MrMessage

  2. Re: Mr. Message (AIM client) 7/3/2005 update

    Marty,
    I installed your latest version of MrMessage and it's working
    flawlessly. I could not get the earlier version working at all.
    Question? Is there some way to increase font size? The font is too
    small for me.
    Willard

    --

  3. Re: Mr. Message (AIM client) 7/3/2005 update

    A. Willard Reese wrote:
    > Marty,
    > I installed your latest version of MrMessage and it's working
    > flawlessly. I could not get the earlier version working at all.
    > Question? Is there some way to increase font size? The font is too
    > small for me.

    Just drag and drop a font from your system's font palette. There is a
    picture of this on my documentation page:

    http://mamodeo.dyndns.org/MrMessage/documentation.html

    This technique should work for any window.

  4. Re: Mr. Message (AIM client) 7/3/2005 update

    I think I've got a problem with the new networking code which may
    receive incomplete data packets from the server, causing different
    effects such as rejection of some messages, partial rejection of your
    buddy list, random failure to log in, etc.

    Anyone who seems to be experiencing this problem, please try unzipping
    the following file in their installation directory:

    http://mamodeo.dyndns.org/mrmessage_debug.zip

    Let me know if the problem goes away. If I get some confirmation that
    the problem is solved, I will package it up into a proper release.

  5. Re: Mr. Message (AIM client) 7/3/2005 update

    wrote:

    > Mr. Message for OS/2 is an instant messenger client which is capable of
    > communicating over AOL's Instant Messenger network using the OSCAR
    > protocol (used in the Win32 AIM clients, jBuddy, gAIM, Kopete, ICQ, and
    > a variety of other clients).
    >
    > It has been updated with the following changes:
    >
    > * Full support for 16-bit legacy TCP/IP stack as well as the
    > 32-bit stack.
    > * Fixed intermittent crashes on startup for users with a long buddy
    > list that is split into two parts by the AOL server.
    > * Fixed a potential crash when an error message is received during
    > the early stages of login.
    > * Fixed a bug causing the Session Manager menu to go away when it is
    > navigated by keyboard.
    > * Fixed a bug where settings information was not updated when a
    > session's name (login user name) is changed using ALT-Left click
    > instead of editing the session.
    > * Fixed a few minor memory leaks for weird situations.
    >
    > To download, please visit the official Mr. Message web page:
    > http://mamodeo.dyndns.org/MrMessage

    I didn't have problems on my last laptop with the ESS Maestro 3i
    soundcard so I know this is not a MrMessage issue but it causes Trap
    3's in my new laptop in Uniaud32. This chipset is a Intel ICH : Intel
    82801DB-ICH4
    what I am wanting ot find out is if anyone else has seen problems on
    other chipsets (or even if people using this chipset using uniaud
    haven't had a problem). After the Developer's Workshop in Dresden is
    over I am hoping to be able to work with the uniaud developer to
    determine the cause and he had asked me if it was just this chipset
    that had an issue which as far as I know is the case but wanted to
    verify.
    Andy

    --

  6. Re: Mr. Message (AIM client) 7/3/2005 update

    Andy wrote:
    > I didn't have problems on my last laptop with the ESS Maestro 3i
    > soundcard so I know this is not a MrMessage issue but it causes Trap
    > 3's in my new laptop in Uniaud32. This chipset is a Intel ICH : Intel
    > 82801DB-ICH4
    > what I am wanting ot find out is if anyone else has seen problems on
    > other chipsets (or even if people using this chipset using uniaud
    > haven't had a problem). After the Developer's Workshop in Dresden is
    > over I am hoping to be able to work with the uniaud developer to
    > determine the cause and he had asked me if it was just this chipset
    > that had an issue which as far as I know is the case but wanted to
    > verify.

    For the meantime, you can run with the "-nosound" option to run safely.

    If it helps them figure out the problem, the source code is available
    and I'd be glad to cut out and explain just the audio part of what I do
    to help solve the problem.