Article - Multiboot PC for FreeDOS, Linux and eComStation - OS2

This is a discussion on Article - Multiboot PC for FreeDOS, Linux and eComStation - OS2 ; (Followup-to is set to comp.os.os2.ecomstation) Hot off the keyboard! Multiboot PC for FreeDOS, Linux and eComStation http://blog.eracc.com/2008/05/26/mul...d-ecomstation/ Gene (e-mail: usenet0 \a\t eracc \d\o\t com) My latest Blog article: http://preview.tinyurl.com/5zobak "Multiboot PC for FreeDOS, Linux and eComStation" -- Mandriva Linux release ...

  1. Article - Multiboot PC for FreeDOS, Linux and eComStation

    (Followup-to is set to comp.os.os2.ecomstation)

    Hot off the keyboard!
    Multiboot PC for FreeDOS, Linux and eComStation
    http://blog.eracc.com/2008/05/26/mul...d-ecomstation/

    Gene (e-mail: usenet0 \a\t eracc \d\o\t com)
    My latest Blog article: http://preview.tinyurl.com/5zobak
    "Multiboot PC for FreeDOS, Linux and eComStation"
    Got Rute? http://www.anrdoezrs.net/email-25465...sbn=0130333514
    ERA Computers & Consulting - http://www.eracc.com/
    Preloaded PCs - eComStation, Linux, FreeBSD, OpenServer & UnixWare

  2. Re: Article - Multiboot PC for FreeDOS, Linux and eComStation

    ERACC wrote:
    > (Followup-to is set to comp.os.os2.ecomstation)
    >
    > Hot off the keyboard!
    > Multiboot PC for FreeDOS, Linux and eComStation
    > http://blog.eracc.com/2008/05/26/mul...d-ecomstation/
    >
    > Gene (e-mail: usenet0 \a\t eracc \d\o\t com)
    > My latest Blog article: http://preview.tinyurl.com/5zobak
    > "Multiboot PC for FreeDOS, Linux and eComStation"

    Aaah, this reminds me of the old times, when I was multibooting instead
    of using the separate networked computers like now. But I still have one
    nice multiboot machine at home - a museum 486SX, to boot all four major
    16bit versions of OS/2 off the single harddisk using the Airboot :-)

    --
    Cheers,
    Martin

    UNDERSCOREmmiATcentrumDOTcz to email me

  3. Re: Article - Multiboot PC for FreeDOS, Linux and eComStation

    In <20080526185648.23b45c68@eracc.UUCP>, on 05/26/2008
    at 06:56 PM, ERACC said:

    >Multiboot PC for FreeDOS, Linux and eComStation
    >http://blog.eracc.com/2008/05/26/mul...d-ecomstation/

    That renders as black on black using the IBM Web Browser. Using NS
    Communicator 4.61 it doesn't go to the proper location on the page but
    when I scroll down it's a legible black on white.

    As a side note, I've been doing multiboot for so long using, e.g., BM,
    grub, that it's hard for me to accept that it isn't universal. OTOH, at
    some point I might start using virtual machine software and have
    everything up concurrently, but I'll probably still retain multiboot as a
    fallback.

    reply to spamtrap@library.lspace.org

  4. Re: Article - Multiboot PC for FreeDOS, Linux and eComStation

    Hi Shmuel

    Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz wrote:
    > In <20080526185648.23b45c68@eracc.UUCP>, on 05/26/2008
    > at 06:56 PM, ERACC said:
    >
    >> Multiboot PC for FreeDOS, Linux and eComStation
    >> http://blog.eracc.com/2008/05/26/mul...d-ecomstation/

    > That renders as black on black using the IBM Web Browser. Using NS
    > Communicator 4.61 it doesn't go to the proper location on the page but
    > when I scroll down it's a legible black on white.

    I would suggest a later browser package such as Mozilla/5.0 (OS/2; U;
    Warp 4.5; en-US; rv:1.8.1.13) Gecko/20080327 SeaMonkey/1.1.9 (PmW) from
    http://pmw-warpzilla.sourceforge.net/

    This is an "unofficial" Seamonkey package with a few OS/2 enhancements
    that renders the above page fine.

    Regards

    Pete

    > As a side note, I've been doing multiboot for so long using, e.g., BM,
    > grub, that it's hard for me to accept that it isn't universal. OTOH, at
    > some point I might start using virtual machine software and have
    > everything up concurrently, but I'll probably still retain multiboot as a
    > fallback.

  5. Re: Article - Multiboot PC for FreeDOS, Linux and eComStation

    Peter Brown schrieb:

    > Hi Shmuel
    >
    > Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz wrote:
    > > In <20080526185648.23b45c68@eracc.UUCP>, on 05/26/2008
    > > at 06:56 PM, ERACC said:
    > >
    > >> Multiboot PC for FreeDOS, Linux and eComStation
    > >> http://blog.eracc.com/2008/05/26/mul...d-ecomstation/

    > > That renders as black on black using the IBM Web Browser. Using NS
    > > Communicator 4.61 it doesn't go to the proper location on the page but
    > > when I scroll down it's a legible black on white.
    > >

    > I would suggest a later browser package such as Mozilla/5.0 (OS/2; U;
    > Warp 4.5; en-US; rv:1.8.1.13) Gecko/20080327 SeaMonkey/1.1.9 (PmW) from
    > http://pmw-warpzilla.sourceforge.net/

    Peter,

    do you ever heard of "best viewed with any browser" ?

    Hendrik

  6. Re: Article - Multiboot PC for FreeDOS, Linux and eComStation

    In , on 05/29/2008
    at 03:10 PM, Peter Brown said:

    >I would suggest a later browser package such as Mozilla/5.0 (OS/2; U;
    >Warp 4.5; en-US; rv:1.8.1.13) Gecko/20080327 SeaMonkey/1.1.9 (PmW) from
    >http://pmw-warpzilla.sourceforge.net/

    >This is an "unofficial" Seamonkey package with a few OS/2 enhancements
    >that renders the above page fine.

    I believe that eComStation 2.0 RC4 comes with[1] updated browsers. What
    surprised me was the old browser, which I normally don't use, worked fine
    on the site that caused problems for the IBM Web Browser.

    [1] My new machine just arrived, and I expect to start configuring[2]
    it on Sunday.

    [2] I need to move stuff off of my old machine, update config.sys,
    install things off of disk 2, etc.

    reply to spamtrap@library.lspace.org

  7. Re: Article - Multiboot PC for FreeDOS, Linux and eComStation

    On Fri, 30 May 2008 18:31:08 -0300
    Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz wrote:

    > [1] My new machine just arrived, and I expect to start configuring[2]
    > it on Sunday.

    Mr. Metz's new machine is the one documented in the web log article for those
    of you who may be wondering.

    Gene (e-mail: usenet0 \a\t eracc \d\o\t com)
    My latest Blog article: http://preview.tinyurl.com/6nkhsq
    'FedEx.com Says “Not You” to Linux Users?'
    Got Rute? http://www.anrdoezrs.net/email-25465...sbn=0130333514
    ERA Computers & Consulting - http://www.eracc.com/
    Preloaded PCs - eComStation, Linux, FreeBSD, OpenServer & UnixWare

  8. Re: Article - Multiboot PC for FreeDOS, Linux and eComStation

    On Wed, 28 May 2008 20:37:44 -0300
    Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz wrote:

    > > Multiboot PC for FreeDOS, Linux and eComStation
    > > http://blog.eracc.com/2008/05/26/mul...d-ecomstation/

    > That renders as black on black using the IBM Web Browser. Using NS
    > Communicator 4.61 it doesn't go to the proper location on the page but
    > when I scroll down it's a legible black on white.

    Use Firefox on your new machine to view it.

    Gene (e-mail: usenet0 \a\t eracc \d\o\t com)
    My latest Blog article: http://preview.tinyurl.com/6nkhsq
    'FedEx.com Says “Not You” to Linux Users?'
    Got Rute? http://www.anrdoezrs.net/email-25465...sbn=0130333514
    ERA Computers & Consulting - http://www.eracc.com/
    Preloaded PCs - eComStation, Linux, FreeBSD, OpenServer & UnixWare

+ Reply to Thread