Re: FAQ: Larry Chauvet is detrimental to the well-being of OS/2 andeCS - OS2

This is a discussion on Re: FAQ: Larry Chauvet is detrimental to the well-being of OS/2 andeCS - OS2 ; The OS/2 Guy wrote: His usual lies. Why are you still here, Larry? You don't use eCS. Stop spamming this newsgroup with your pathetic ****. The eCS Guy...

  1. Re: FAQ: Larry Chauvet is detrimental to the well-being of OS/2 andeCS

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:

    His usual lies.

    Why are you still here, Larry? You don't use eCS. Stop spamming
    this newsgroup with your pathetic ****.

    The eCS Guy

  2. Is there a way out? Was: FAQ: Larry Chauvet is detrimental ...

    On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 18:29:03 UTC, The eCS Guy opined:
    > The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >
    > His usual lies.
    >
    > Why are you still here, Larry? You don't use eCS. Stop spamming
    > this newsgroup with your pathetic ****.
    >
    > The eCS Guy

    I guess he feels he has exhausted the possibilities of the com.os.os2.*
    groups, and is looking for virgin pastures to ravage, not realizing that it
    is the same people here.

    Is it possible for a newsgroup to be set in some way to reject postings from
    specified addresses (a kind of automated moderation? True he uses many
    addresses, but there ought to be a way to fight back on some level. Groups
    are assumed to be able to keep themselves functional by means of the good
    faith of users, but good faith doesn't work on everyone. Does the group have
    a defined owner who could do that? Could it have a defined owner? It is
    tragic that one even thinks of censorship, but this crap has been going on
    for many years, and shows no sign of abating.

    Whatever happened to the idea of informing his .gov employer that he was
    using a Government computer to harrass peaceful users of public newsgroups?

    Is he still doing that, by the way? (I don't see his original postings --
    and don't know why you do either -- only the responses).

    --
    Stan Goodman
    Qiryat Tiv'on

  3. Re: Is there a way out? Was: FAQ: Larry Chauvet is detrimental ...

    Stan Goodman wrote:

    >Is it possible for a newsgroup to be set in some way to reject postings from
    >specified addresses (a kind of automated moderation? True he uses many
    >addresses, but there ought to be a way to fight back on some level. Groups
    >are assumed to be able to keep themselves functional by means of the good
    >faith of users, but good faith doesn't work on everyone. Does the group have
    >a defined owner who could do that? Could it have a defined owner? It is
    >tragic that one even thinks of censorship, but this crap has been going on
    >for many years, and shows no sign of abating.

    Short of setting up a private news server, there is no way to do what
    you suggest. Public newsgroups like this one are bounced all over the
    world, on hundreds of servers, with hundreds of ways in.

    That's both the advantage and the problem of the internet in general and
    newsgroups in particular - it's open to everyone.

    Unless someone can convince AT&T Worldnet to bump his sorry ass, there's
    really nothing that can be done.

    The eCS Guy

  4. Re: Is there a way out? Was: FAQ: Larry Chauvet is detrimental ...

    Stan Goodman wrote:

    >I guess he feels he has exhausted the possibilities of the com.os.os2.*
    >groups, and is looking for virgin pastures to ravage, not realizing that it
    >is the same people here.

    There appears to be very little that he *does* realize.

    For instance, he doesn't realize that eCS *is* OS/2.

    He doesn't realize that no one believes his "Tim Martin" persona is real.

    He doesn't realize how pathetic he is, posting the same whining
    anti-OS/2 crap every single day.

    Let's face it, Larry doesn't realize reality is different from his
    fantasy world.

    The eCS Guy

+ Reply to Thread