FTE - OS2

This is a discussion on FTE - OS2 ; I was messing around with the 20020324 version (I know there is newer on hobbes) anyone else use this day to day? -- M Greene Voice Memeber #1356 (ICQ:319474014) IRC (MikeG): irc.va.webbnet.info #os/2 #learnc++ #os/2warp irc.ecomstation.com #eCS OS/2 Stuff : ...

  1. FTE

    --
    M Greene Voice Memeber #1356 (ICQ:319474014)

    IRC (MikeG):
    irc.va.webbnet.info #os/2 #learnc++ #os/2warp irc.ecomstation.com #eCS

    OS/2 Stuff : http://members.cox.net/greenemk/os2/
    My OpenWatcom : http://members.cox.net/mikeos2/

  2. Re: FTE

    I'm not sure of the version, but I use fte about 20x a day

    regards,
    - dink

    On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 22:16:24 -0400, Michael Greene wrote:

    :I was messing around with the 20020324 version (I know there is newer on
    :hobbes) anyone else use this day to day?
    :--
    :M Greene Voice Memeber #1356 (ICQ:319474014)
    :
    :IRC (MikeG):
    :irc.va.webbnet.info #os/2 #learnc++ #os/2warp irc.ecomstation.com #eCS
    :
    :OS/2 Stuff : http://members.cox.net/greenemk/os2/
    :My OpenWatcom : http://members.cox.net/mikeos2/

  3. Re: FTE

    On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 22:16:24 -0400, Michael Greene wrote:

    > I was messing around with the 20020324 version (I know there is
    > newer on hobbes) anyone else use this day to day?

    I'm using it now, to post this message. Top-notch editor, once you get
    it set up and customized.

    --
    Michael DeBusk, Co-Conspirator to Make the World a Better Place
    Did he update http://home.earthlink.net/~debu4335/ yet?

  4. Re: FTE

    Michael DeBusk wrote:
    > On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 22:16:24 -0400, Michael Greene wrote:
    >

    >> I was messing around with the 20020324 version (I know there is
    >> newer on hobbes) anyone else use this day to day?

    > I'm using it now, to post this message. Top-notch editor, once you get
    > it set up and customized.

    I'll reply to you both in one post.....

    Hi Michael and Dink,

    In general I was just playing and started looking at building FTE with
    OW 1.4. I use MED, but if I find better I would use it. I downloaded
    the Jan 2005 source and everthing seems to be working except pmfte.exe
    and I think it is a problem with the source rather than OW.

    Anyway, do you guys use the console version?

    --
    M Greene Voice Memeber #1356 (ICQ:319474014)

    IRC (MikeG):
    irc.va.webbnet.info #os/2 #learnc++ #os/2warp irc.ecomstation.com #eCS

    OS/2 Stuff : http://members.cox.net/greenemk/os2/
    My OpenWatcom : http://members.cox.net/mikeos2/

  5. Re: FTE

    On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 23:06:02 -0400, Michael Greene wrote:

    > I use MED, but if I find better I would use it.

    I've not used MED, so I can't say which is better. I would imagine,
    though, that MED is quite a bit easier to set up. FTE's setup is a
    bitch if you want anything but the defaults.

    > everthing seems to be working except pmfte.exe and I think it
    > is a problem with the source rather than OW.

    Could be.

    > Anyway, do you guys use the console version?

    I use both. I have the console version set up to work inside my
    newsreader (SLRN, also a console app) and I have the PM version as my
    "regular" text editor when working with HTML or Rexx.

    The two really are not that different from one another. IOW, IME, you
    aren't missing anything by not being able to run PMFTE. The console
    version will run in any size window; I like 80x43 for most work.

    I did the HTML and Rexx menus and syntax highlighting and stuff for the
    project as a way of familiarizing myself with the config file format.
    Personally, I think it's overkill for regular use, but they liked it
    well enough to include it.

    Somewhere around here I have syntax highlighting for CONFIG.SYS. If you
    want it, and if I can find it, I'll send it to you.

    --
    Michael DeBusk, Co-Conspirator to Make the World a Better Place
    Did he update http://home.earthlink.net/~debu4335/ yet?

  6. Re: FTE

    Michael DeBusk wrote:
    > On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 23:06:02 -0400, Michael Greene wrote:
    >

    >> I use MED, but if I find better I would use it.

    > I've not used MED, so I can't say which is better. I would imagine,
    > though, that MED is quite a bit easier to set up. FTE's setup is a
    > bitch if you want anything but the defaults.
    >

    >> everthing seems to be working except pmfte.exe and I think it
    >> is a problem with the source rather than OW.

    > Could be.
    >

    >> Anyway, do you guys use the console version?

    > I use both. I have the console version set up to work inside my
    > newsreader (SLRN, also a console app) and I have the PM version as my
    > "regular" text editor when working with HTML or Rexx.
    >
    > The two really are not that different from one another. IOW, IME, you
    > aren't missing anything by not being able to run PMFTE. The console
    > version will run in any size window; I like 80x43 for most work.
    >
    > I did the HTML and Rexx menus and syntax highlighting and stuff for the
    > project as a way of familiarizing myself with the config file format.
    > Personally, I think it's overkill for regular use, but they liked it
    > well enough to include it.
    >
    > Somewhere around here I have syntax highlighting for CONFIG.SYS. If you
    > want it, and if I can find it, I'll send it to you.

    Sure, I'll take it. This simple "let me see if this works" is turning
    into a "I will get this to work". Zip it and send to greenemk _at_ cox.net.

    --
    M Greene Voice Memeber #1356 (ICQ:319474014)

    IRC (MikeG):
    irc.va.webbnet.info #os/2 #learnc++ #os/2warp irc.ecomstation.com #eCS

    OS/2 Stuff : http://members.cox.net/greenemk/os2/
    My OpenWatcom : http://members.cox.net/mikeos2/

  7. Re: FTE

    Here in comp.os.os2.misc,
    Michael Greene spake unto us, saying:

    >I was messing around with the 20020324 version (I know there is newer on
    >hobbes) anyone else use this day to day?

    I use FTE 0.45 here (dated Feb 09 1997) for both DOS and OS/2. It's my
    main text editor for all uses (mail, news, batch files, etc), and I've
    seen no real reason to upgrade it.

    --
    -Rich Steiner >>>---> http://www.visi.com/~rsteiner >>>---> Smyrna, GA USA
    The Theorem Theorem: If If, Then Then.

  8. Re: FTE

    Richard Steiner wrote:
    > Here in comp.os.os2.misc,
    > Michael Greene spake unto us, saying:
    >

    >>I was messing around with the 20020324 version (I know there is newer on
    >>hobbes) anyone else use this day to day?

    > I use FTE 0.45 here (dated Feb 09 1997) for both DOS and OS/2. It's my
    > main text editor for all uses (mail, news, batch files, etc), and I've
    > seen no real reason to upgrade it.

    This version source was labeled 20050108 and reports itself as
    0.49.13-cvs. The console verson is working but I still haven't got the
    PM version to compile without errors.

    --
    M Greene Voice Memeber #1356 (ICQ:319474014)

    IRC (MikeG):
    irc.va.webbnet.info #os/2 #learnc++ #os/2warp irc.ecomstation.com #eCS

    OS/2 Stuff : http://members.cox.net/greenemk/os2/
    My OpenWatcom : http://members.cox.net/mikeos2/

  9. Re: FTE

    On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 10:29:08 UTC, Michael Greene wrote:

    > This version source was labeled 20050108 and reports itself as
    > 0.49.13-cvs. The console verson is working but I still haven't got the
    > PM version to compile without errors.

    Works just fine here. Did you create an ftepm.cnf?

    Ciao, Harald

    e-mail : harald.kamm @ bnv-bamberg.de

    http://cyberia.dnsalias.com

    This OS/2 system's uptime is at least 5 days 05:39 hours and 51 seconds

  10. Re: FTE

    Harald Kamm wrote:
    > On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 10:29:08 UTC, Michael Greene wrote:
    >

    >>This version source was labeled 20050108 and reports itself as
    >>0.49.13-cvs. The console verson is working but I still haven't got the
    >>PM version to compile without errors.

    > Works just fine here. Did you create an ftepm.cnf?
    >
    > Ciao, Harald
    >

    > e-mail : harald.kamm @ bnv-bamberg.de
    >
    > http://cyberia.dnsalias.com
    >

    > This OS/2 system's uptime is at least 5 days 05:39 hours and 51 seconds

    Harald,

    Are you talking about the Jan 2005 version from Sourceforge? I can
    start it with the default -C option. However, I am using OpenWatcom 1.4
    and it doesn't like some of the va_list stuff in the pm version. Also,
    the rc.exe version I am using is having a couple problems with the
    dialog rc file.

    --
    M Greene Voice Memeber #1356 (ICQ:319474014)

    IRC (MikeG):
    irc.va.webbnet.info #os/2 #learnc++ #os/2warp irc.ecomstation.com #eCS

    OS/2 Stuff : http://members.cox.net/greenemk/os2/
    My OpenWatcom : http://members.cox.net/mikeos2/

  11. Re: FTE

    a bit offtopic, but does anyone know if the pm version of fte can be easily
    modified to lose the klunky pm controlls (file open dialog/save dialog),
    and just have it be like the vio version, except you can resize the window..

    regards,
    - dink

    On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 17:06:31 -0400, Michael Greene wrote:

    :Harald Kamm wrote:
    :> On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 10:29:08 UTC, Michael Greene wrote:
    :>
    :>
[...]

  12. Re: FTE

    dinkmeister wrote:
    > a bit offtopic, but does anyone know if the pm version of fte can be easily
    > modified to lose the klunky pm controlls (file open dialog/save dialog),
    > and just have it be like the vio version, except you can resize the window..
    >
    > regards,
    > - dink

    You mean like openning the directory in the console vs using a file
    dialog? Or just different file dialog?

    --
    M Greene Voice Memeber #1356 (ICQ:319474014)

    IRC (MikeG):
    irc.va.webbnet.info #os/2 #learnc++ #os/2warp irc.ecomstation.com #eCS

    OS/2 Stuff : http://members.cox.net/greenemk/os2/
    My OpenWatcom : http://members.cox.net/mikeos2/

  13. Re: FTE

    I mean like the alt-f O option, the one in the pm version is a bit clunky
    compared to the vio version of fte.

    regards,
    - dink

    On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 22:03:51 -0400, Michael Greene wrote:

    :dinkmeister wrote:
[...]

+ Reply to Thread