What is eComStation? - OS2

This is a discussion on What is eComStation? - OS2 ; What is the eComStation? Do OS/2 Warp 3 and OS/2 Warp 4 -programs work on the eComStation? Where can I get the eComStation? -- Henri Heinonen - filosofian ylioppilas fysiikasta...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

  1. What is eComStation?

    --
    Henri Heinonen - filosofian ylioppilas fysiikasta

  2. Re: What is eComStation?

    Henri Tapani Heinonen wrote:
    > What is the eComStation? Do OS/2 Warp 3 and OS/2 Warp 4 -programs work on
    > the eComStation? Where can I get the eComStation?

    Hi there,

    eComStation is the OS/2 follow up. Sometimes it is called
    'OS/2 Warp Version 5'. See http://www.ecomstation.com.

    Bye
    Frank

  3. Re: What is eComStation?

    On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 21:11:26 +0300 in comp.os.os2.ecomstation,
    Henri Tapani Heinonen spake unto us, saying:

    > What is the eComStation?

    It's the client version of OS/2 Warp 4.52 plus various recent fixes and
    various third-party drivers that IBM has given Serenity Systems formal
    permission to distribute.

    > Do OS/2 Warp 3 and OS/2 Warp 4 -programs work on the eComStation?

    Yes, as do the various OS/2 1.x and 2.x programs I've tried.

    I purchase my last copy (eCS 1.1) from www.mensys.nl

    --
    -Rich Steiner >>>---> http://www.visi.com/~rsteiner >>>---> Smyrna, GA USA
    The Theorem Theorem: If If, Then Then.

  4. Re: What is eComStation?

    Anakor Himmelsläufer wrote:
    > Henri Tapani Heinonen wrote:
    >
    >> What is the eComStation? Do OS/2 Warp 3 and OS/2 Warp 4 -programs work
    >> on the eComStation? Where can I get the eComStation?

    > Hi there,
    >
    > eComStation is the OS/2 follow up. Sometimes it is called
    > 'OS/2 Warp Version 5'. See http://www.ecomstation.com.

    The claim that "eComStation is the OS/2 follow up" is pure
    unadulterated malarkey. It is a minor third party vendor's
    proprietary problematic product that uses a bastardized
    older version of OS/2 and is so problematic that no large
    customer [that would be an "Enterprise" customer] will
    even consider it for use in their business.

    Those who promote eCS have invested in it and are entirely
    dependent upon conning others into buying it. It is far more
    expensive then the "real" OS/2 and the consumer should
    be warned before ever making such a ridiculous investment.

    I have eCS v1.0, 1.1 and 1.2. Each version is a rip-off.

  5. Re: What is eComStation?

    Richard Steiner wrote:
    > On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 21:11:26 +0300 in comp.os.os2.ecomstation,
    > Henri Tapani Heinonen spake unto us, saying:
    >

    >>What is the eComStation?

    > It's the client version of OS/2 Warp 4.52 plus various recent fixes and
    > various third-party drivers that IBM has given Serenity Systems formal
    > permission to distribute.

    The only 'formal' permission was a payment directly to IBM for
    an OEM contract. Serenity Systems cannot change, alter, enhance,
    or have access to any OS/2 source code whatsoever and their
    OEM contract ends on December 31st, 2005 - and will not be renewed.

    >>Do OS/2 Warp 3 and OS/2 Warp 4 -programs work on the eComStation?

    > Yes, as do the various OS/2 1.x and 2.x programs I've tried.

    This is not true. eComStation has a great many problems and
    the maker, Serenity Systems, provides no technical support
    whatsoever. You buy it you are on your own when it fails to
    install and fails to work. You cannot turn to IBM for assistance
    and if you purchase it from within the U.S. then you have no
    recourse at obtaining your more than $300 investment.

    Anyone trying to convince you to purchase eCS is doing so
    to enhance their own eCS investment. eCS is a dead product
    unless eCS investors can con others into believing it is more
    than what it is and that it actually works.

    >>Where can I get the eComStation?

    > I purchase my last copy (eCS 1.1) from www.mensys.nl

    I have eCS v1.0, 1.1 and 1.2. Each version is a rip-off.

  6. Re: What is eComStation?

    On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 18:11:26 UTC, "Henri Tapani Heinonen"
    wrote:

    -> What is the eComStation? Do OS/2 Warp 3 and OS/2 Warp 4 -programs work on
    -> the eComStation? Where can I get the eComStation?
    ->

    eComStation (eCS) is an OEM version of the latest release of OS/2
    (4.52) with an improved installer and additional drivers and a lot of
    other niceties. See http://www.ecomstation.com

    Be aware that there are a few truly psycotic trolls who will disparage
    eComStation and attack people for mentioning eComStation. Even in the
    comp.os.os2.ecomstation newsgroup, which shows what kind of trash they
    are. They are either microsoft fudsters trying to wreck the only
    decent chance left for OS/2 support or just insane. The OS/2-eCS
    user community has a web site that explains how to ignore these
    cretins - http://www.mr2ice.com/TMFaq/

    Mark

    --
    From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

    http://www.os2voice.org
    Warpstock 2005, Hershey, PA, Oct 6-9, 2005 - http://www.warpstock.org

  7. Re: What is eComStation?

    Mark Dodel wrote:
    > On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 18:11:26 UTC, "Henri Tapani Heinonen"
    > wrote:
    >
    > -> What is the eComStation? Do OS/2 Warp 3 and OS/2 Warp 4 -programs work on
    > -> the eComStation? Where can I get the eComStation?
    >
    > eComStation (eCS) is an OEM version of the latest release of OS/2
    > (4.52) with an improved installer and additional drivers and a lot of
    > other niceties. See http://www.ecomstation.com

    Not true. eComStation is a minor third party vendor's proprietary
    problematic product that uses an older version of OS/2. The
    installer fails to work on 9 out of 10 machines and the maker
    has created no new drivers nor any other 'niceties'.

    All the drivers needed for OS/2 come from IBM and are distributed
    to all OS/2 customers with a maintenance contract. All the 'niceties'
    are free and come from Hobbes, the world's largest depository of
    OS/2 files.

    See http://warpcity.com for a full review of eComStation (eCS)

    > Be aware that there are a few truly psycotic trolls who will disparage
    > eComStation and attack people for mentioning eComStation.

    Be aware that there are several psychotic eCs investors who
    will do and say anything to con others into buying the eCS
    piece of crap and they will attack anyone who speaks the
    truth about the eCS product.

    > Even in the
    > comp.os.os2.ecomstation newsgroup, which shows what kind of trash they
    > are.

    comp.os.os2.ecomstation is an OS/2 newsgroup - not an eComStation
    newsgroup. eComStation lusers are restricted to news.ecomstation.nl
    or to the eCS Yahoo Groups.

    > They are either microsoft fudsters trying to wreck the only
    > decent chance left for OS/2 support or just insane.

    eCS psychotics rarely use eCS and if you check their headers
    will find they are using a Microsoft operating system. IBM
    fully supports OS/2 and will continue to do so through the
    year 2019 when their last OS/2 Enterprise contract expires.

    > The OS/2-eCS
    > user community has a web site that explains how to ignore these
    > cretins - http://www.mr2ice.com/TMFaq/

    I have eCS v1.0, 1.1 and 1.2. Each version is a rip-off.

  8. Re: What is eComStation?

    Henri Tapani Heinonen wrote:
    > What is the eComStation? Do OS/2 Warp 3 and OS/2 Warp 4 -programs work on
    > the eComStation? Where can I get the eComStation?

    It should run all the old Warp programs, I have not heard of many that
    do not.

    One of the best things about ECS is the automatic update installer -
    ECSMT (IMO)kind of like Windows Update.

    I purchased the download version of ECS 1.2 from www.mensys.nl this past
    Oct, prior to that I was running MCP2.

    If you have anymore questions feel free to email me. I don't intend to
    be rude, but your question has already set off our resident idiot and he
    will now flood the newsgroup with crap.

    greenemk _at_ cox _dot_ net

    --
    M Greene Voice Memeber #1356 (ICQ:319474014)

    IRC (MikeG):
    irc.va.webbnet.info #os/2 #learnc++ #os/2warp irc.ecomstation.com #eCS

    OS/2 Stuff : http://members.cox.net/greenemk/os2/
    My OpenWatcom : http://members.cox.net/mikeos2/

  9. Re: What is eComStation?

    In article <42acc990_1@news3.prserv.net>,
    The OS/2 Guy wrote:

    > I have eCS v1.0, 1.1 and 1.2. Each version is a rip-off.

    Sure Larry. Since you didn't pay for any of them, how could they be a
    "rip off".

    Dan

  10. Re: What is eComStation?

    Michael Greene wrote:
    > Henri Tapani Heinonen wrote:
    >
    >> What is the eComStation? Do OS/2 Warp 3 and OS/2 Warp 4 -programs work
    >> on the eComStation? Where can I get the eComStation?

    > It should run all the old Warp programs, I have not heard of many that
    > do not.

    The problem with eCS is that it has proprietary code piled on top
    of an older version of OS/2 leaving the product unstable unlike
    IBM's latest release of OS/2, Warp 4.52.

    > One of the best things about ECS is the automatic update installer -
    > ECSMT (IMO)kind of like Windows Update.

    Except it doesn't work. There are more reports on the installer
    failing to work then reports that it works. eCS Consumers are
    left in the lurch after buying eCS because they have no where
    to turn for assistance. Hand-holding to get eCS installed on
    is time consuming, frustrating, and often results in requests
    for refunds which are ignored. eCS consumers are dependent
    on the kindness of a handful of eCS consumers and if you
    complain they will desert you, attack you publicly, ban you
    from private eCS forums and claim you are unworthy of their
    support.

    > I purchased the download version of ECS 1.2 from www.mensys.nl this past
    > Oct, prior to that I was running MCP2.

    You'll note he doesn't say he is running eCS v1.2 - he just purchased
    it in hopes that future investors will turn the product into something
    usable.

    > If you have anymore questions feel free to email me.

    The *real* OS/2 community would appreciate that. Please take
    your eCS problems to the eCS newsgroups or to the eCS Yahoo
    Group forums where they belong.

    > I don't intend to
    > be rude, but your question has already set off our resident idiot and he
    > will now flood the newsgroup with crap.

    You see what I'm talking about here. If eCS were a product of value
    it would stand on its own no matter what was said about it. To stop
    the truth about eCS from being publicized, eCS investors will attack
    anyone who speaks out or tells the truth about eCS.

    I have eCS v1.0, v1.1 and the latest version 1.2 and all are failures,
    do not install 'as advertised' and require additional monies be
    spent to support the product.

    Please take your eCS propaganda and spamming to the
    news.ecomstation.nl newsgroup. It is a public newsgroup
    that is heavily moderated by eCS officials. By moving there
    you won't have to hear the truth about the eCS product.

  11. Re: What is eComStation?

    In article <42acfded_4@news3.prserv.net>,
    The OS/2 Guy wrote:

    > Please take your eCS propaganda and spamming to the
    > news.ecomstation.nl newsgroup. It is a public newsgroup
    > that is heavily moderated by eCS officials. By moving there
    > you won't have to hear the truth about the eCS product.

    Hey, Larry! Dumb ass! This *is* the eCS newsgroup!

    Dan

  12. [FUD4] Re: What is eComStation?

    Here in comp.os.os2.ecomstation,
    The OS/2 Guy spake unto us, saying:

    >Richard Steiner wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 21:11:26 +0300 in comp.os.os2.ecomstation,
    >> Henri Tapani Heinonen spake unto us, saying:
    >>
    >>>Do OS/2 Warp 3 and OS/2 Warp 4 -programs work on the eComStation?

    >> Yes, as do the various OS/2 1.x and 2.x programs I've tried.

    >This is not true.

    Yes, it is. I haven't found a program yet that runs under Warp 4 and
    that will not run under eCS 1.1, and I've spent a lot of time looking.

    That includes utilities like 4DOS and 4OS2, FM/2, ClipIt, Hswitch, mc,
    ManyCLip, FileJet, FTE, and others as well as applications such as Ami
    Pro/2 3.0, Describe 5, StarOffice 5.1a, Embellish, and TrueSpectra
    Photo>Graphics. Even WinOS2 programs like AOLPress and Visio 4 worked
    just fine for me under eCS 1.1. I essentially ported my entire OS/2
    working environment to my eCS box.

    I thought you couldn't even install eComStation, Tim. How, then, would
    you have any idea how well it actually runs OS/2 software? :-)

    --
    -Rich Steiner >>>---> http://www.visi.com/~rsteiner >>>---> Smyrna, GA USA
    The Theorem Theorem: If If, Then Then.

  13. Re: What is eComStation?

    Henri Tapani Heinonen wrote:
    > What is the eComStation? Do OS/2 Warp 3 and OS/2 Warp 4 -programs work on
    > the eComStation? Where can I get the eComStation?

    All OS/2 v3 & v4 programs I use work(RSJ Cd Writer, Colorworks,
    Mozilla etc.) You can get it easily from http://www.berggreen.dk/

    Tero

  14. Re: What is eComStation?

    Henri Tapani Heinonen wrote:
    > What is the eComStation? Do OS/2 Warp 3 and OS/2 Warp 4 -programs work on
    > the eComStation? Where can I get the eComStation?

    Sorry about double posting but I had some minor mistakes in my first
    reply so here is a revised version

    At least all programs I have used seem to work ok(Colorworks, Mozilla,
    RSJ cdwriter etc.). Well from your name I assume you are from Finland
    So if you want to buy ECS I think easiest solution for you is from
    http://www.berggreen.dk/

    Tero

  15. Re: What is eComStation?

    On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 01:54:02 UTC, Dan opined:
    > In article <42acfded_4@news3.prserv.net>,
    > The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >
    > > Please take your eCS propaganda and spamming to the
    > > news.ecomstation.nl newsgroup. It is a public newsgroup
    > > that is heavily moderated by eCS officials. By moving there
    > > you won't have to hear the truth about the eCS product.

    > Hey, Larry! Dumb ass! This *is* the eCS newsgroup!
    >
    > Dan

    It's a simple mistake. Like, when he thought he was applying for a FUD job,
    and then found that he was working for HUD. Anybody can make a mistake like
    that, and it's no disgrace.

    --
    Stan Goodman
    Qiryat Tiv'on

  16. Re: [eCS SPAM] Re: What is eComStation?

    Richard Steiner wrote:
    > Here in comp.os.os2.ecomstation,
    > The OS/2 Guy spake unto us, saying:
    >
    >>Richard Steiner wrote:
    >>
    >>>On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 21:11:26 +0300 in comp.os.os2.ecomstation,
    >>>Henri Tapani Heinonen spake unto us, saying:

    >>>Yes, as do the various OS/2 1.x and 2.x programs I've tried.

    >>This is not true.

    > Yes, it is. I haven't found a program yet that runs under Warp 4 and
    > that will not run under eCS 1.1, and I've spent a lot of time looking.

    No it isn't and you're lying to the potential eCS consumer. There
    are hundreds of complaints about programs failing to work under
    eCS reported in the eCS newsgroups while the writer reports
    they run perfectly fine under a *real* OS/2 operating system.

    Your reluctance to be honest is based upon the fact that you've
    invested heavily in eCS and can't afford to see a potential
    customer walk away based upon the problems of the ill-fated
    problematic folly product.

    > That includes utilities like 4DOS and 4OS2, FM/2, ClipIt, Hswitch, mc,
    > ManyCLip, FileJet, FTE, and others as well as applications such as Ami
    > Pro/2 3.0, Describe 5, StarOffice 5.1a, Embellish, and TrueSpectra
    > Photo>Graphics. Even WinOS2 programs like AOLPress and Visio 4 worked
    > just fine for me under eCS 1.1. I essentially ported my entire OS/2
    > working environment to my eCS box.

    Tell the truth. You are a seasoned well-educated OS/2 user
    who speaks with an 'embellished' tongue. A new eCS consumer
    would have a great deal of difficulty getting quite a few of the
    programs you list to work - properly.

    > I thought you couldn't even install eComStation, Tim.

    It's not a matter of getting eComStation to install. It can be
    done but it takes an enormous amount of hand-holding, pleading
    and begging for assistance, tweaking, fudging and downright
    frustration to make it work. Unless you kiss the ass of every
    eCS salesmen and lie, much like you do often, the eCS
    consumer is left in the cold, brushed off, and even banned
    from any assistance.

    > How, then, would
    > you have any idea how well it actually runs OS/2 software? :-)

    All you gotta do is read the eCS public forums and newsgroups.
    The complaints are never-ending, long and rather pathetic.

    But you know that.

  17. Re: What is eComStation?

    In article <42af916e_2@news3.prserv.net>,
    The OS/2 Guy wrote:

    > It's not a matter of getting eComStation to install. It can be
    > done but it takes an enormous amount of hand-holding, pleading
    > and begging for assistance, tweaking, fudging and downright
    > frustration to make it work. Unless you kiss the ass of every
    > eCS salesmen and lie, much like you do often, the eCS
    > consumer is left in the cold, brushed off, and even banned
    > from any assistance.

    Give it up Larry. I got eCS to install the first time I tried - and I
    haven't touched OS/2 in 11 years. I have it running in VPC 2004 under
    Windows XP.

    Why do you continue lying here? No one believes you. Just go away.

    Dan

  18. Re: What is eComStation?

    In article <42AFBE77.6030604@co.inet.fi>,
    Tero Kaarlela wrote:

    > I only said I havent had any probs with it. And how much I paid for
    > it is irrelevant in this discussion I think.

    The only thing irrelevant to this discussion is Larry Chauvet, "The OS/2
    Guy Tim Martin".

    Dan

  19. Re: [eCS SPAM] Re: What is eComStation?

    On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 23:30:15 UTC, The OS/2 Guy
    wrote:

    > No it isn't and you're lying to the potential eCS consumer. There
    > are hundreds of complaints about programs failing to work under
    > eCS reported in the eCS newsgroups while the writer reports
    > they run perfectly fine under a *real* OS/2 operating system.

    No there aren't. Don't be silly.

    Potential eCS user - come on in. The water's lovely.

    Ian

    --

  20. Re: [eCS SPAM] Re: What is eComStation?

    Ian Johnston wrote:
    > On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 23:30:15 UTC, The OS/2 Guy
    > wrote:
    >
    >>No it isn't and you're lying to the potential eCS consumer. There
    >>are hundreds of complaints about programs failing to work under
    >>eCS reported in the eCS newsgroups while the writer reports
    >>they run perfectly fine under a *real* OS/2 operating system.

    > No there aren't. Don't be silly.
    >
    > Potential eCS user - come on in. The water's lovely.

    Too bad. Your plea is too late. He decided against the
    problematic product. He's a smart man.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast