What is eComStation? - OS2

This is a discussion on What is eComStation? - OS2 ; The OS/2 Guy wrote: > Michael Greene wrote: > >> Henri Tapani Heinonen wrote: >> >>> What is the eComStation? Do OS/2 Warp 3 and OS/2 Warp 4 -programs >>> work on the eComStation? Where can I get the eComStation? ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 33 of 33

  1. Re: What is eComStation?

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > Michael Greene wrote:
    >
    >> Henri Tapani Heinonen wrote:
    >>
    >>> What is the eComStation? Do OS/2 Warp 3 and OS/2 Warp 4 -programs
    >>> work on the eComStation? Where can I get the eComStation?

    >> It should run all the old Warp programs, I have not heard of many that
    >> do not.

    > The problem with eCS is that it has proprietary code piled on top
    > of an older version of OS/2 leaving the product unstable unlike
    > IBM's latest release of OS/2, Warp 4.52.

    As I see it, ECS 1.2 is based on 4.52.

    >> One of the best things about ECS is the automatic update installer -
    >> ECSMT (IMO)kind of like Windows Update.

    > Except it doesn't work. There are more reports on the installer
    > failing to work then reports that it works. eCS Consumers are
    > left in the lurch after buying eCS because they have no where
    > to turn for assistance. Hand-holding to get eCS installed on
    > is time consuming, frustrating, and often results in requests
    > for refunds which are ignored. eCS consumers are dependent
    > on the kindness of a handful of eCS consumers and if you
    > complain they will desert you, attack you publicly, ban you
    > from private eCS forums and claim you are unworthy of their
    > support.

    Haven't had any of these problems.

    >> I purchased the download version of ECS 1.2 from www.mensys.nl this
    >> past Oct, prior to that I was running MCP2.

    > You'll note he doesn't say he is running eCS v1.2 - he just purchased
    > it in hopes that future investors will turn the product into something
    > usable.

    I run ECS 1.2, sorry to leave that out.

    >> If you have anymore questions feel free to email me.

    > The *real* OS/2 community would appreciate that. Please take
    > your eCS problems to the eCS newsgroups or to the eCS Yahoo
    > Group forums where they belong.
    >
    >> I don't intend to be rude, but your question has already set off our
    >> resident idiot and he will now flood the newsgroup with crap.

    > You see what I'm talking about here. If eCS were a product of value
    > it would stand on its own no matter what was said about it. To stop
    > the truth about eCS from being publicized, eCS investors will attack
    > anyone who speaks out or tells the truth about eCS.

    ah sure...

    > I have eCS v1.0, v1.1 and the latest version 1.2 and all are failures,
    > do not install 'as advertised' and require additional monies be
    > spent to support the product.
    >
    > Please take your eCS propaganda and spamming to the
    > news.ecomstation.nl newsgroup. It is a public newsgroup
    > that is heavily moderated by eCS officials. By moving there
    > you won't have to hear the truth about the eCS product.

    This seems to be comp.os.os2.ecomstation and it is public.

    --
    M Greene Voice Memeber #1356 (ICQ:319474014)

    IRC (MikeG):
    irc.va.webbnet.info #os/2 #learnc++ #os/2warp irc.ecomstation.com #eCS

    OS/2 Stuff : http://members.cox.net/greenemk/os2/
    My OpenWatcom : http://members.cox.net/mikeos2/

  2. Re: What is eComStation?

    In article <42b43b2f_4@news3.prserv.net>,
    The OS/2 Guy wrote:

    > > This seems to be comp.os.os2.ecomstation and it is public.

    > That's right. It is not comp.os.ecomstation. You want a public
    > newsgroup for ecomstation where you can post all of the phony
    > testimonials and marketing propaganda you want, then create
    > and vote one in. These are the OS/2 newsgroups for discussions
    > and advocacy of OS/2 - not a minor third party vendor's problematic
    > proprietary and very expensive product.

    This is THE ecs newsgroup, Larry. Why are you here anyway? You
    don't use eCS.

    OS/2 itself is just a minor third party vendor's problematic
    proprietary and very expensive product.

    > "eCS is to the OS/2 community the equivalent of "Lindows" to the Linux
    > world."

    "Larry Chauvet is to the OS/2 community the equivalent of AIDS to the
    World."

    Dan

  3. Re: What is eComStation?

    On Saturday, in article
    listsnews@cox.net "Michael Greene" wrote:

    > The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > > Michael Greene wrote:

    > >> It should run all the old Warp programs, I have not heard of many that
    > >> do not.

    > > The problem with eCS is that it has proprietary code piled on top
    > > of an older version of OS/2 leaving the product unstable unlike
    > > IBM's latest release of OS/2, Warp 4.52.

    > As I see it, ECS 1.2 is based on 4.52.

    Quite; Warp v4.52 IS the latest version from IBM, and it's also the O/S
    at the heart of eCS. So this stupid wanker Timmy is persistently lying
    when he keeps on referring to "an older version of OS/2".

    Perhaps Timmy needs to put up, posting the output from SYSLEVEL for all
    the components of the "two versions" highlighting the differences that he
    has detected, or shut up.

    --
    Brian {Hamilton Kelly} bhk@dsl.co.uk
    "Je n'ai fait celle-ci plus longue que parce que je n'ai pas eu

  4. Syslevel of eCS Was: What is eComStation?

    In <20050619.1122.60297snz@dsl.co.uk>, on 06/19/2005
    at 12:22 PM, bhk@dsl.co.uk (Brian {Hamilton Kelly}) said:

    >Perhaps Timmy needs to put up, posting the output from SYSLEVEL for all the
    >components of the "two versions" highlighting the differences that he has
    >detected, or shut up.

    Here is sylevel for my computer

    ***** Please Note *****
    D:\ is eCS 1.13
    J:\ is eCS 1.2

    Timmy?

    D:\DMISL\SYSLEVEL.DMI
    IBM OS/2 DMTF Service Layer

    Version 1.10 Component ID 576562200

    Current CSD level: CA00000

    Prior CSD level: CA00000

    D:\ecs\install\SYSLEVEL.ECS
    eComStation Operating System 1.1

    Version 4.52 Component ID 5639A6101

    Type 0C

    Current CSD level: XR0C003

    Prior CSD level: XR04503

    D:\ecs\install\iaecs\teamos2\SYSLEVEL.IAO
    Internet Assistant for OS/2 and eComStation

    Version 1.10 Component ID 001010IAO

    Type 0

    Current CSD level: IA01000

    Prior CSD level: IA01000

    D:\IBMCOM\SYSLEVEL.TRP
    IBM OS/2 LAN Adapter and Protocol Support

    Version 6.01 Component ID 5639A5700

    Current CSD level: WR08706

    Prior CSD level: WR08701

    D:\IBMGSK\SYSLEVEL.GSK
    OS/2 Global Security Runtime for SSL Protocol (56/128/168-bit Encryption)

    Version 3.30 Component ID 5639F8902

    Type 0P

    Current CSD level: WR08705

    Prior CSD level: WR08705

    D:\IBMGSK40\SYSLEVEL.GS4
    OS/2 Global Security Runtime for SSL Protocol 4.0 (56-bit Encryption)

    Version 4.00 Component ID 5639F8901

    Type 0P

    Current CSD level: WR08705

    Prior CSD level: WR08705

    D:\IBMGSK50\SYSLEVEL.GS5
    OS/2 Global Security Runtime for SSL Protocol 5.0 (56-bit Encryption)

    Version 5.00 Component ID 5639F8901

    Type 0P

    Current CSD level: WR08705

    Prior CSD level: WR08705

    D:\IBMLAN\SYSLEVEL.PER
    IBM Peer for OS/2

    Version 5.20 Component ID 5639A6000

    Current CSD level: IP08605

    Prior CSD level: IP08600

    D:\IBMLAN\SYSLEVEL.REQ
    IBM OS/2 LAN Requester

    Version 5.20 Component ID 562294000

    Current CSD level: IP08605

    Prior CSD level: IP08600

    D:\Java11\bin\SYSLEVEL.JAV
    Java Runtime

    Version 1.18 Component ID 5639B3300

    Current CSD level: XR04009

    Prior CSD level: XR04008

    D:\Java11\Swing\SYSLEVEL.SWR
    IBM OS/2 Swing Runtime

    Version 1.10 Component ID 5639B9610

    Type EXT

    Current CSD level: SW04008

    Prior CSD level: SW04008

    D:\java131\jre\bin\SYSLEVEL.JAV
    JDK Runtime

    Version 1.31 Component ID 5648C9805

    Type 0C

    Current CSD level: XR05000

    Prior CSD level: XR05000

    D:\MPTN\SYSLEVEL.DHC
    IBM OS/2 Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol Services

    Version 4.31 Component ID 562290901

    Current CSD level: WR08706

    Prior CSD level: WR08701

    D:\MPTN\SYSLEVEL.IPS
    IBM OS/2 TCP/IP Security Services (40/56-bit Encryption)

    Version 6.01 Component ID 5639A5702

    Current CSD level: WR08705

    Prior CSD level: WR08700

    D:\MPTN\SYSLEVEL.MPT
    IBM OS/2 TCP/IP Stack

    Version 6.01 Component ID 5639B1700

    Current CSD level: WR08707

    Prior CSD level: WR08701

    D:\MUGLIB\SYSLEVEL.MUG
    IBM OS/2 User Profile Management - Client

    Version 5.20 Component ID 5639A6000

    Current CSD level: WR08605

    Prior CSD level: WR08600

    D:\MUGLIB\SYSLEVEL.UPE
    IBM OS/2 User Profile Management - Extended - Client

    Version 5.20 Component ID 5639A6000

    Current CSD level: IP08605

    Prior CSD level: IP08600

    D:\OS2\SYSLEVEL.EPW
    IBM OS/2 First Failure Support Technology/2

    Version 1.20 Component ID 562119400

    Current CSD level: WR00532

    Prior CSD level: WR00530

    D:\OS2\DLL\SYSLEVEL.FIA
    IBM OS/2 Feature Install

    Version 1.25 Component ID 5639C7300

    Type ASD

    Current CSD level: XR03100

    Prior CSD level: XR03100

    D:\OS2\INSTALL\SYSLEVEL.BDD
    IBM OS/2 Base Device Drivers

    Version 4.52 Component ID 5639A6101

    Type 0C

    Current CSD level: XR0D003

    Prior CSD level: XR04503

    D:\OS2\INSTALL\SYSLEVEL.FPK
    OS/2 Convenience Package Service Level

    Version 1.00 Component ID 566933010

    Type Fixpak

    Current CSD level: XR0C003

    Prior CSD level: XR0C003

    D:\OS2\INSTALL\SYSLEVEL.GRE
    IBM OS/2 32-bit Graphics Engine

    Version 4.52 Component ID 5639A6101

    Type 0C

    Current CSD level: XR04503

    Prior CSD level: XR04503

    D:\OS2\INSTALL\SYSLEVEL.OS2
    Convenience Package - OS/2 Warp 4 Base Operating System

    Version 4.52 Component ID 5639A6101

    Type 0C

    Current CSD level: XR0C003

    Prior CSD level: XR04503

    D:\OS2\INSTALL\SYSLEVEL.SDS
    Distributed SOM Framework

    Version 2.01.5 Component ID 562222700

    Current CSD level: SM20012

    Prior CSD level: NONE

    D:\OS2\INSTALL\SYSLEVEL.SEM
    SOM Event Management Framework

    Version 2.01.5 Component ID 562222700

    Current CSD level: SM20012

    Prior CSD level: NONE

    D:\OS2\INSTALL\SYSLEVEL.SIR
    SOMobjects Interface Repository Framework

    Version 2.01.5 Component ID 562222700

    Current CSD level: SM20012

    Prior CSD level: NONE

    D:\OS2\INSTALL\SYSLEVEL.SRK
    SOM Run-time Kernel

    Version 2.01.5 Component ID 562222700

    Current CSD level: SM20012

    Prior CSD level: NONE

    D:\OS2\INSTALL\SYSLEVEL.SUT
    SOMobjects Utility Classes

    Version 2.01.5 Component ID 562222700

    Current CSD level: SM20012

    Prior CSD level: NONE

    D:\OS2\INSTALL\WSFI\FISETUP\SYSLEVEL.FIA
    IBM OS/2 Feature Install

    Version 1.25 Component ID 5639C7300

    Type ASD

    Current CSD level: XR03100

    Prior CSD level: XR03100

    D:\OS2TK45\bin\SYSLEVEL.TLK
    IBM OS/2 Developer's Toolkit Version 4.5

    Version 4.50.2 Component ID 5639F9300

    Type 0

    Current CSD level: XR04520

    Prior CSD level: XR00000

    D:\OS2TK45\som\common\install\SYSLEVEL.SCT
    SOMobjects Collection Classes

    Version 2.01.6 Component ID 562222700

    Current CSD level: SM20012

    Prior CSD level: NONE

    D:\OS2TK45\som\common\install\SYSLEVEL.SDS
    Distributed SOM Framework

    Version 2.01.6 Component ID 562222700

    Current CSD level: SM20012

    Prior CSD level: NONE

    D:\OS2TK45\som\common\install\SYSLEVEL.SEM
    SOM Event Management Framework

    Version 2.01.6 Component ID 562222700

    Current CSD level: SM20012

    Prior CSD level: NONE

    D:\OS2TK45\som\common\install\SYSLEVEL.SIR
    SOMobjects Interface Repository Framework

    Version 2.01.6 Component ID 562222700

    Current CSD level: SM20012

    Prior CSD level: NONE

    D:\OS2TK45\som\common\install\SYSLEVEL.SNW
    SOM Netware Support

    Version 2.01.6 Component ID 562222700

    Current CSD level: SM20012

    Prior CSD level: NONE

    D:\OS2TK45\som\common\install\SYSLEVEL.SPF
    SOMobjects Persistence Framework

    Version 2.01.6 Component ID 562222700

    Current CSD level: SM20012

    Prior CSD level: NONE

    D:\OS2TK45\som\common\install\SYSLEVEL.SRF
    SOMobjects Replication Framework

    Version 2.01.6 Component ID 562222700

    Current CSD level: SM20012

    Prior CSD level: NONE

    D:\OS2TK45\som\common\install\SYSLEVEL.SRK
    SOM Run-time Kernel

    Version 2.01.6 Component ID 562222700

    Current CSD level: SM20012

    Prior CSD level: NONE

    D:\OS2TK45\som\common\install\SYSLEVEL.SSI
    SOM Netware Socket Support

    Version 2.01.6 Component ID 562222700

    Current CSD level: SM20012

    Prior CSD level: NONE

    D:\OS2TK45\som\common\install\SYSLEVEL.SSN
    SOM NetBIOS Socket Support

    Version 2.01.6 Component ID 562222700

    Current CSD level: SM20012

    Prior CSD level: NONE

    D:\OS2TK45\som\common\install\SYSLEVEL.SST
    SOM TCPIP Socket Support

    Version 2.01.6 Component ID 562222700

    Current CSD level: SM20012

    Prior CSD level: NONE

    D:\OS2TK45\som\common\install\SYSLEVEL.SUC
    SOMobjects Taligent Collection Classes

    Version 2.01.6 Component ID 562222700

    Current CSD level: SM20012

    Prior CSD level: NONE

    D:\OS2TK45\som\common\install\SYSLEVEL.SUT
    SOMobjects Utility Classes

    Version 2.01.6 Component ID 562222700

    Current CSD level: SM20012

    Prior CSD level: NONE

    D:\PROGRAMS\NETSCAPE\JAVA11\SYSLEVEL.JEP
    JEmpower J11 JNI

    Version 1.10 Component ID 5639C2500

    Current CSD level: XR09999

    Prior CSD level: XR04001

    D:\PROGRAMS\NETSCAPE\PROGRAM\SYSLEVEL.NN2
    Netscape Communicator 4.61 for OS/2 Warp (Secured)

    Version 4.61 Component ID 5697B8601

    Type ASD

    Current CSD level: XR00461

    Prior CSD level: XR00461

    D:\PROGRAMS\NETSCAPE\PROGRAM\SYSLEVEL.PP2
    Netscape Communicator 4.61 for OS/2 Warp -IBM PlugPak

    Version 3.00 Component ID 5639D4100

    Type ASD

    Current CSD level: XR00403

    Prior CSD level: XR00403

    D:\TCPIP\BIN\SYSLEVEL.DBX
    IBM OS/2 TCPIP DOS Windows

    Version 4.32 Component ID 5639A6500

    Current CSD level: UN02205

    Prior CSD level: UN02200

    D:\TCPIP\BIN\SYSLEVEL.IAK
    IBM Internet Connection for Warp

    Version 4.32 Component ID 5639A6400

    Current CSD level: UN02205

    Prior CSD level: UN02200

    D:\TCPIP\BIN\SYSLEVEL.TCP
    IBM TCP/IP for Warp

    Version 4.32 Component ID 5639A6600

    Current CSD level: UN02206

    Prior CSD level: UN02200

    D:\WPS\WPAMPTR\SYSLEVEL.AMP
    Animated Mouse Pointer for OS/2 V1.01

    Version 1.01 Component ID 001002AMP

    Type 0

    Current CSD level: CL01010

    Prior CSD level: CL01000

    E:\Theseus\SYSLEVEL.THE
    Theseus3 for OS/2

    Version 3.00 Component ID 5639F9310

    Type 0C

    Current CSD level: XR01000

    Prior CSD level: XR01000

    E:\trident\SYSLEVEL.TRD
    Trident OS/2 9680 Chip Set

    Version 1.20 Component ID 562107701

    Type GM-P

    Current CSD level: XR03010

    Prior CSD level: XR02100

    H:\GU20\SYSLEVEL.GRA
    The Graham Utilities for OS/2

    Version 2.00.1 Component ID 123456789

    Type GRAHAM

    Current CSD level: GR02000

    Prior CSD level: GR02000

    I:\GU20\SYSLEVEL.GRA
    The Graham Utilities for OS/2

    Version 2.10.9 Component ID 123456789

    Type GRAHAM

    Current CSD level: GR02109

    Prior CSD level: GR02000

    I:\Netscape\java11\SYSLEVEL.JEP
    JEmpower J11 JNI

    Version 1.10 Component ID 5639C2500

    Current CSD level: XR09999

    Prior CSD level: XR04001

    I:\Netscape\PROGRAM\SYSLEVEL.NN2
    Netscape Communicator 4.61 for OS/2 Warp (Secured)

    Version 4.61 Component ID 5697B8601

    Type ASD

    Current CSD level: XR00461

    Prior CSD level: XR00461

    J:\DMISL\SYSLEVEL.DMI
    IBM OS/2 DMTF Service Layer

    Version 1.10 Component ID 576562200

    Current CSD level: CA00000

    Prior CSD level: CA00000

    J:\ecs\install\iaecs\teamos2\SYSLEVEL.IAO
    Internet Assistant for OS/2 and eComStation

    Version 1.11 Component ID 001011IAO

    Type 0

    Current CSD level: IA01000

    Prior CSD level: IA01000

    J:\ecs\install\lcu\SYSLEVEL.LCU
    IBM LAN CID Utility

    Version 6.01 Component ID 5639A5700

    Current CSD level: WR08705

    Prior CSD level: WR08700

    J:\IBMCOM\SYSLEVEL.TRP
    IBM OS/2 LAN Adapter and Protocol Support

    Version 6.01 Component ID 5639A5700

    Current CSD level: WR08708

    Prior CSD level: WR08701

    J:\IBMGSK\SYSLEVEL.GSK
    OS/2 Global Security Runtime for SSL Protocol (56/128/168-bit Encryption)

    Version 3.30 Component ID 5639F8902

    Type 0P

    Current CSD level: WR08705

    Prior CSD level: WR08705

    J:\IBMGSK40\SYSLEVEL.GS4
    OS/2 Global Security Runtime for SSL Protocol 4.0 (56-bit Encryption)

    Version 4.00 Component ID 5639F8901

    Type 0P

    Current CSD level: WR08705

    Prior CSD level: WR08705

    J:\IBMGSK50\SYSLEVEL.GS5
    OS/2 Global Security Runtime for SSL Protocol 5.0 (56-bit Encryption)

    Version 5.00 Component ID 5639F8901

    Type 0P

    Current CSD level: WR08705

    Prior CSD level: WR08705

    J:\IBMLAN\SYSLEVEL.PER
    IBM Peer for OS/2

    Version 5.20 Component ID 5639A6000

    Current CSD level: IP08605

    Prior CSD level: IP08600

    J:\IBMLAN\SYSLEVEL.REQ
    IBM OS/2 LAN Requester

    Version 5.20 Component ID 562294000

    Current CSD level: IP08605

    Prior CSD level: IP08600

    J:\Java11\bin\SYSLEVEL.JAV
    Java Runtime

    Version 1.18 Component ID 5639B3300

    Current CSD level: XR04009

    Prior CSD level: XR04008

    J:\Java11\Swing\SYSLEVEL.SWR
    IBM OS/2 Swing Runtime

    Version 1.10 Component ID 5639B9610

    Type EXT

    Current CSD level: SW04008

    Prior CSD level: SW04008

    J:\MPTN\SYSLEVEL.DHC
    IBM OS/2 Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol Services

    Version 4.31 Component ID 562290901

    Current CSD level: WR08708

    Prior CSD level: WR08701

    J:\MPTN\SYSLEVEL.IPS
    IBM OS/2 TCP/IP Security Services (40/56-bit Encryption)

    Version 6.01 Component ID 5639A5702

    Current CSD level: WR08705

    Prior CSD level: WR08700

    J:\MPTN\SYSLEVEL.MPT
    IBM OS/2 TCP/IP Stack

    Version 6.01 Component ID 5639B1700

    Current CSD level: WR08708

    Prior CSD level: WR08701

    J:\MUGLIB\SYSLEVEL.MUG
    IBM OS/2 User Profile Management - Client

    Version 5.20 Component ID 5639A6000

    Current CSD level: WR08605

    Prior CSD level: WR08600

    J:\MUGLIB\SYSLEVEL.UPE
    IBM OS/2 User Profile Management - Extended - Client

    Version 5.20 Component ID 5639A6000

    Current CSD level: IP08605

    Prior CSD level: IP08600

    J:\OS2\SYSLEVEL.EPW
    IBM OS/2 First Failure Support Technology/2

    Version 1.20 Component ID 562119400

    Current CSD level: WR00532

    Prior CSD level: WR00530

    J:\OS2\DLL\SYSLEVEL.FIA
    IBM OS/2 Feature Install

    Version 1.25 Component ID 5639C7300

    Type ASD

    Current CSD level: XR03100

    Prior CSD level: XR03100

    J:\OS2\INSTALL\SYSLEVEL.BDD
    IBM OS/2 Base Device Drivers

    Version 4.52 Component ID 5639A6101

    Type 0C

    Current CSD level: XR0D003

    Prior CSD level: XR04503

    J:\OS2\INSTALL\SYSLEVEL.ECS
    eComStation Operating System 1.2

    Version 1.20 Component ID 5639A6101

    Type 0C

    Current CSD level: XR0C004

    Prior CSD level: XR04503

    J:\OS2\INSTALL\SYSLEVEL.FPK
    OS/2 Convenience Package Service Level

    Version 1.00 Component ID 566933010

    Type Fixpak

    Current CSD level: XR0C004

    Prior CSD level: XR0C004

    J:\OS2\INSTALL\SYSLEVEL.GRE
    IBM OS/2 32-bit Graphics Engine

    Version 4.52 Component ID 5639A6101

    Type 0C

    Current CSD level: XR04503

    Prior CSD level: XR04503

    J:\OS2\INSTALL\SYSLEVEL.JAV
    JDK Runtime

    Version 1.42.4 Component ID 5648C9805

    Type 0C

    Current CSD level: XR06000

    Prior CSD level: XR06000

    J:\OS2\INSTALL\SYSLEVEL.OS2
    Convenience Package - OS/2 Warp 4 Base Operating System

    Version 4.52 Component ID 5639A6101

    Type 0C

    Current CSD level: XR0C004

    Prior CSD level: XR04503

    J:\OS2\INSTALL\SYSLEVEL.SDS
    Distributed SOM Framework

    Version 2.01.5 Component ID 562222700

    Current CSD level: SM20012

    Prior CSD level: NONE

    J:\OS2\INSTALL\SYSLEVEL.SEM
    SOM Event Management Framework

    Version 2.01.5 Component ID 562222700

    Current CSD level: SM20012

    Prior CSD level: NONE

    J:\OS2\INSTALL\SYSLEVEL.SIR
    SOMobjects Interface Repository Framework

    Version 2.01.5 Component ID 562222700

    Current CSD level: SM20012

    Prior CSD level: NONE

    J:\OS2\INSTALL\SYSLEVEL.SRK
    SOM Run-time Kernel

    Version 2.01.5 Component ID 562222700

    Current CSD level: SM20012

    Prior CSD level: NONE

    J:\OS2\INSTALL\SYSLEVEL.SUT
    SOMobjects Utility Classes

    Version 2.01.5 Component ID 562222700

    Current CSD level: SM20012

    Prior CSD level: NONE

    J:\OS2\INSTALL\WSFI\FISETUP\SYSLEVEL.FIA
    IBM OS/2 Feature Install

    Version 1.25 Component ID 5639C7300

    Type ASD

    Current CSD level: XR03100

    Prior CSD level: XR03100

    J:\PROGRAMS\NETSCAPE\JAVA11\SYSLEVEL.JEP
    JEmpower J11 JNI

    Version 1.10 Component ID 5639C2500

    Current CSD level: XR09999

    Prior CSD level: XR04001

    J:\PROGRAMS\NETSCAPE\PROGRAM\SYSLEVEL.NN2
    Netscape Communicator 4.61 for OS/2 Warp (Secured)

    Version 4.61 Component ID 5697B8601

    Type ASD

    Current CSD level: XR00461

    Prior CSD level: XR00461

    J:\TCPIP\bin\SYSLEVEL.DBX
    IBM OS/2 TCPIP DOS Windows

    Version 4.32 Component ID 5639A6500

    Current CSD level: UN02205

    Prior CSD level: UN02200

    J:\TCPIP\bin\SYSLEVEL.IAK
    IBM Internet Connection for Warp

    Version 4.32 Component ID 5639A6400

    Current CSD level: UN02205

    Prior CSD level: UN02200

    J:\TCPIP\bin\SYSLEVEL.TCP
    IBM TCP/IP for Warp

    Version 4.32 Component ID 5639A6600

    Current CSD level: UN02334

    Prior CSD level: UN02200

    Regards Al

    * Alan Townsend Sechelt, BC Canada
    *
    * E-Mail: altownsend@dccnet.com
    * Home Page:
    * Tel: (604) 885-0943
    *
    * Mr2 Ice: Reg #582

  5. Re: What is eComStation?

    Brian {Hamilton Kelly} wrote:
    > On Saturday, in article
    > listsnews@cox.net "Michael Greene" wrote:
    >
    > Quite; Warp v4.52 IS the latest version from IBM, and it's also the O/S
    > at the heart of eCS. So this stupid wanker Timmy is persistently lying
    > when he keeps on referring to "an older version of OS/2".

    As usual, the eCS investor will lie to anyone who believes his crap.
    The OS/2 offered with eComStation is an older version of OS/2
    compared to the version offered by IBM. The eComStation version
    has to be updated through a variety of hand-holding procedures.
    The eCS "Wanker" has to rely on a program called "Maintenance
    Tool" generated by a volunteer investor.

    > Perhaps Timmy needs to put up, posting the output from SYSLEVEL for all
    > the components of the "two versions" highlighting the differences that he
    > has detected, or shut up.

    Perhaps Bri needs to admit the truth about his folly investment
    here and now for all to read. eCS is a piss-poor rip-off 'wannabe'
    problematic product peddled by a minor third party con artist
    outside the U.S. to idyits who are so stupid they believe they
    have a legal right to scam others.

  6. Re: Syslevel of eCS Was: What is eComStation?

    altownsend@dccnet.com wrote:
    > In <20050619.1122.60297snz@dsl.co.uk>, on 06/19/2005
    > at 12:22 PM, bhk@dsl.co.uk (Brian {Hamilton Kelly}) said:
    >
    > Here is sylevel for my computer
    >
    > ***** Please Note *****
    > D:\ is eCS 1.13
    > J:\ is eCS 1.2
    >
    > Timmy?
    >
    > D:\DMISL\SYSLEVEL.DMI
    > IBM OS/2 DMTF Service Layer
    >
    > Version 1.10 Component ID 576562200
    >
    > Current CSD level: CA00000
    >
    > Prior CSD level: CA00000

    Nice try but this is *not* the syslevel provided
    by eCS v1.2 'right out of the box'. To achieve
    the same level as Warp 4.52 refresh December 2004
    the eCS Luser has to spend countless hours and
    much frustration using a voluntary "Maintenance
    Tool" that often fails to work.

    The eCS buyer buys an older version of OS/2.
    Admit it Al.

    ---

  7. Re: What is eComStation?

    In article <20050619.1122.60297snz@dsl.co.uk>,
    bhk@dsl.co.uk (Brian {Hamilton Kelly}) wrote:

    > Quite; Warp v4.52 IS the latest version from IBM, and it's also the O/S
    > at the heart of eCS. So this stupid wanker Timmy is persistently lying
    > when he keeps on referring to "an older version of OS/2".
    >
    > Perhaps Timmy needs to put up, posting the output from SYSLEVEL for all
    > the components of the "two versions" highlighting the differences that he
    > has detected, or shut up.

    Timmy will do neither put up nor shut up - he lies about everything.
    In fact, he lies about himself. There is no "Tim Martin". He is
    really Larry Chauvet, he lives in Sausalito, California (suburb of San
    Francisco) and he works at the S.F. HUD office.

    He's been making the same stupid claims about eCS since version 1.0.
    He can't stand to see an OS/2 product succeed, and goes out of his way
    to belittle anyone who promotes OS/2.

    Dan

  8. Re: Syslevel of eCS Was: What is eComStation?

    On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 11:41:42 UTC, The OS/2 Guy
    wrote:

    > altownsend@dccnet.com wrote:

    > > D:\DMISL\SYSLEVEL.DMI
    > > IBM OS/2 DMTF Service Layer
    > >
    > > Version 1.10 Component ID 576562200
    > >
    > > Current CSD level: CA00000
    > >
    > > Prior CSD level: CA00000

    > Nice try but this is *not* the syslevel provided
    > by eCS v1.2 'right out of the box'.

    Well, here's my equivalent syslevel for eCS 1.2 right out of the box:
    no fixes, no maintenance tool, no nuffin.

    C:\DMISL\SYSLEVEL.DMI
    IBM OS/2 DMTF Service Layer
    Version 1.10 Component ID 576562200
    Current CSD level: CA00000
    Prior CSD level: CA00000

    Oh look. It's identical.

    Ian

  9. Re: What is eComStation?

    In , on 06/19/2005
    at 04:40 PM, Dan said:

    >In article <20050619.1122.60297snz@dsl.co.uk>,
    > bhk@dsl.co.uk (Brian {Hamilton Kelly}) wrote:

    >> Quite; Warp v4.52 IS the latest version from IBM, and it's also the O/S
    >> at the heart of eCS. So this stupid wanker Timmy is persistently lying
    >> when he keeps on referring to "an older version of OS/2".

    You failed logic didn't you. Your thinking goes like this; Washington
    DC is in the United States. Therefore, Washingtoin DC is the United
    States. Clearly that is wrong. Thus, the claim that ecs is OS2 is also
    wrong.

    See a shrink about you refusal to think clearly.

    >> Perhaps Timmy needs to put up, posting the output from SYSLEVEL for all
    >> the components of the "two versions" highlighting the differences that he
    >> has detected, or shut up.

    >Timmy will do neither put up nor shut up - he lies about everything.
    >In fact, he lies about himself. There is no "Tim Martin". He is
    >really Larry Chauvet, he lives in Sausalito, California (suburb of San
    >Francisco) and he works at the S.F. HUD office.

    >He's been making the same stupid claims about eCS since version 1.0.
    >He can't stand to see an OS/2 product succeed, and goes out of his way
    >to belittle anyone who promotes OS/2.

    >Dan

  10. Re: Syslevel of eCS Was: What is eComStation?

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:

    > The eCS buyer buys an older version of OS/2.
    > Admit it Al.

    Why are you here Larry? You don't use eCS. Stop spamming this group
    with your lies.

    The eCS Guy

  11. Re: What is eComStation?

    "Tero Kaarlela" kirjoitti
    viestissä:42AE7D68.5070606@co.inet.fi...
    > RSJ cdwriter etc.). Well from your name I assume you are from Finland
    > So if you want to buy ECS I think easiest solution for you is from
    > http://www.berggreen.dk/

    That is true; I am from Finland. :-)

    Thanks!

    --
    Henri Heinonen - filosofian ylioppilas fysiikasta

  12. Re: [FUD4] Re: What is eComStation?

    Here in comp.os.os2.ecomstation,
    The OS/2 Guy spake unto us, saying:

    >Your reluctance to be honest is based upon the fact that you've
    >invested heavily in eCS and can't afford to see a potential
    >customer walk away based upon the problems of the ill-fated
    >problematic folly product.

    I have one eComStation 1.1 license, plue one eCS 1.1 Application Pack
    license. Not much of an "investment" if you ask me. :-)

    >> That includes utilities like 4DOS and 4OS2, FM/2, ClipIt, Hswitch, mc,
    >> ManyCLip, FileJet, FTE, and others as well as applications such as Ami
    >> Pro/2 3.0, Describe 5, StarOffice 5.1a, Embellish, and TrueSpectra
    >> Photo>Graphics. Even WinOS2 programs like AOLPress and Visio 4 worked
    >> just fine for me under eCS 1.1. I essentially ported my entire OS/2
    >> working environment to my eCS box.

    >Tell the truth. You are a seasoned well-educated OS/2 user
    >who speaks with an 'embellished' tongue. A new eCS consumer
    >would have a great deal of difficulty getting quite a few of
    >the programs you list to work - properly.

    Installation of the above programs is precisely the same under eCS 1.1
    as it is under OS/2 Warp 4. There is no difference at all.

    --
    -Rich Steiner >>>---> http://www.visi.com/~rsteiner >>>---> Smyrna, GA USA
    The Theorem Theorem: If If, Then Then.

  13. Re: What is eComStation?

    "The OS/2 Guy" kirjoitti
    viestissä:42b43b2f_4@news3.prserv.net...
    > He already responded Michael and opted to avoid eCS.

    Who?