NTFS - OS2

This is a discussion on NTFS - OS2 ; Should I be able to read NTFS partitions? There is IFS=H:\eCS\boot\ntfs.ifs /CACHE:4096 in my config.sys. Have never been able to look at drive F from eCS. Always get No Objects Found and SYS0256: extended-attribute list too long. Attempted to install ...

  1. NTFS

    Should I be able to read NTFS partitions?
    There is IFS=H:\eCS\boot\ntfs.ifs /CACHE:4096 in my config.sys. Have never
    been able to look at drive F from eCS.
    Always get No Objects Found
    and SYS0256: extended-attribute list too long.

    Attempted to install UPDCD 2.50 on my eCS 1.1 machine.
    Got an error in "Generating configuration defaults" section.
    "Searching drive F:_"
    Drive F happens to be a Windows XP NTFS 10GB partition.
    Total lockup, had to resort to cutting power.

    Michael Marchant

    Have I run aground, or am I just dragging anchor?

  2. Re: NTFS

    In <42924c45$1$zznepu$mr2ice@news.direct.ca>, on 05/23/2005
    at 02:23 PM, mmarch-at-direct-dot-ca said:

    Hi Michael:

    Yes, but the NTFS drive needs a drive letter to be able to access it.

    It may or may not be "F:\" under OS/2 or eCS

    Regards Al

    >Should I be able to read NTFS partitions?
    >There is IFS=H:\eCS\boot\ntfs.ifs /CACHE:4096 in my config.sys. Have never
    >been able to look at drive F from eCS.
    >Always get No Objects Found
    >and SYS0256: extended-attribute list too long.

    >Attempted to install UPDCD 2.50 on my eCS 1.1 machine.
    >Got an error in "Generating configuration defaults" section.
    >"Searching drive F:_"
    >Drive F happens to be a Windows XP NTFS 10GB partition.
    >Total lockup, had to resort to cutting power.

    >Michael Marchant

    >Have I run aground, or am I just dragging anchor?

    * Alan Townsend Sechelt, BC Canada
    *
    * E-Mail: altownsend@dccnet.com
    * Home Page:
    * Tel: (604) 885-0943
    *
    * Mr2 Ice: Reg #582

  3. Re: NTFS

    In <42925413$1$nygbjafraq$mr2ice@news.dccnet.com>, on 05/23/05
    at 03:05 PM, altownsend@dccnet.com said:

    >In <42924c45$1$zznepu$mr2ice@news.direct.ca>, on 05/23/2005
    > at 02:23 PM, mmarch-at-direct-dot-ca said:

    >Hi Michael:

    >Yes, but the NTFS drive needs a drive letter to be able to access it.

    >It may or may not be "F:\" under OS/2 or eCS

    >Regards Al

    >>Should I be able to read NTFS partitions?
    >>There is IFS=H:\eCS\boot\ntfs.ifs /CACHE:4096 in my config.sys. Have never
    >>been able to look at drive F from eCS.
    >>Always get No Objects Found
    >>and SYS0256: extended-attribute list too long.

    >>Attempted to install UPDCD 2.50 on my eCS 1.1 machine.
    >>Got an error in "Generating configuration defaults" section.
    >>"Searching drive F:_"
    >>Drive F happens to be a Windows XP NTFS 10GB partition.
    >>Total lockup, had to resort to cutting power.

    It is in my Drives folder as F, just can't read it.

    Michael Marchant

    Have I run aground, or am I just dragging anchor?

  4. Re: NTFS

    mmarch-at-direct-dot-ca schrieb:

    > Should I be able to read NTFS partitions?
    > There is IFS=H:\eCS\boot\ntfs.ifs /CACHE:4096 in my config.sys. Have never
    > been able to look at drive F from eCS.
    > Always get No Objects Found
    > and SYS0256: extended-attribute list too long.
    >
    > Attempted to install UPDCD 2.50 on my eCS 1.1 machine.
    > Got an error in "Generating configuration defaults" section.
    > "Searching drive F:_"
    > Drive F happens to be a Windows XP NTFS 10GB partition.
    > Total lockup, had to resort to cutting power.

    > Michael Marchant
    >
    > Have I run aground, or am I just dragging anchor?

    What is the version of ntfs.ifs ?

    Hendrik

  5. Re: NTFS

    In <4293A6D3.B2FDE9E@t-online.de>, on 05/25/05
    at 12:12 AM, Hendrik Schmieder said:

    >mmarch-at-direct-dot-ca schrieb:
    >>
    >> Should I be able to read NTFS partitions?
    >> There is IFS=H:\eCS\boot\ntfs.ifs /CACHE:4096 in my config.sys. Have never
    >> been able to look at drive F from eCS.
    >> Always get No Objects Found
    >> and SYS0256: extended-attribute list too long.
    >>
    >> Attempted to install UPDCD 2.50 on my eCS 1.1 machine.
    >> Got an error in "Generating configuration defaults" section.
    >> "Searching drive F:_"
    >> Drive F happens to be a Windows XP NTFS 10GB partition.
    >> Total lockup, had to resort to cutting power.
    >>

    >What is the version of ntfs.ifs ?

    March 21 2003
    I believe it came with eCS1.1

    Michael Marchant

    Have I run aground, or am I just dragging anchor?

  6. Re: NTFS

    > March 21 2003
    > I believe it came with eCS1.1

    > Michael Marchant
    >
    > Have I run aground, or am I just dragging anchor?

    There has been a version released after this that fixes a few things.

    You should be able to download it from the ecomstation site.

    I am presently testing the latest beta.

    [D:\]bldlevel d:\ecs\boot\ntfs.ifs
    Build Level Display Facility Version 6.12.675 Sep 25 2001
    (C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1993-2001
    Signature: @#SSI:2.00.17#@ NTFS driver by Pavel Shtemenko
    Vendor: SSI
    Revision: 2.00.17
    File Version: 2.0

    David

  7. Re: NTFS

    In , on 05/25/05
    at 11:45 AM, David Graser said:

    >> March 21 2003
    >> I believe it came with eCS1.1

    >There has been a version released after this that fixes a few things.
    >You should be able to download it from the ecomstation site.
    >I am presently testing the latest beta.

    Okay, I installed version 2.010 and it works. Thankyou.