Re: VOICE Speakups Private?? - OS2

This is a discussion on Re: VOICE Speakups Private?? - OS2 ; The OS/2 Guy wrote: > Andrew James Alan Welty wrote: > >>> I thought the VOICE Speakup was public. >>> Why dosn't VOICE host its meetings on a Public IRC >>> Channel/Network...like the IRC eCS Network? I have no problems ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 57

  1. Re: VOICE Speakups Private??

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > Andrew James Alan Welty wrote:
    >
    >>> I thought the VOICE Speakup was public.
    >>> Why dosn't VOICE host its meetings on a Public IRC
    >>> Channel/Network...like the IRC eCS Network? I have no problems logging
    >>> on there.

    >> It is a public IRC network. A few disruptive users have been glined to
    >> make a better environment for the majority.

    > You can't claim it is "public" in one sentence then openly admit
    > it is private and reserved for 'a precious few'.

    I will agree with that.
    This issue comes down to one thing. The Op who banned me on Webbnet has
    a personal issue against me...because of my political views. It has
    nothing to do with OS/2, Webbnet(except that he has power to control),
    or being "disruptive"...unless you consider posting the truth disruptive?

    This guy used to be a former member of #os/2warp on the Undernet IRC
    Network. The only issue I had with him was his promotion of Linux over
    OS/2 and eComStation in our channel(#os/2warp). I don't begrudge him for
    starting his own channel #LinuxFriendly(on the Undernet IRC
    Network)...since he took all the Linux users from our channel with
    him....#os/2warp is actually about "OS/2" and "eComStation" again!!

    All are welcome in our channels, we just ask that guests and members
    show each other respect and keep the topic about OS/2 or eComStation.
    Channel Rules: http://www.os2ecs.org/constitution.html

    In all my 2+ years as channel manager, I have never banned anyone!
    We really have very nice group of members that frequent our channels!

    What amazes me is that this same individual is the reason why #VOICE is
    unable to move its meetings to the eCS IRC network(or a truely public
    channel/network). This reason? Again a personal issue this
    individual(and a small cliche of others) has with the founder of the eCS
    IRC Network. It is simply rediculous that an OS/2 organization has
    allowed petty individual bias to influence its decision making! The
    founder of the eCS IRC Network is a good..decent..passionate OS/2 and
    eComStation user! All most all OS/2 users I have come into contact with
    are good..honest...decent people. WARP=We Are Respectable People!

    The OS2eCS Organization is a non-profit organization chartered to
    support and advocate OS/2(TM) and eComStation(TM) operating platforms
    using all resources at our disposal. The OS2eCS Organization is a
    non-aligned independant organization not affiliated with IBM or Serenity
    Systems International.

    Our organization was created to provide support services and resources
    to help users effectively utilize IBM's OS/2 and Serenity System's
    eComStation operating platform. All are invited to join us...regardless
    of political affiliation or views!

    There is no charge for membership. An online membership application can
    be found here: http://www.os2ecs.org/join.html

    Please feel free to read our bylaws at: http://www.os2ecs.org/bylaws.html

    We are a growing organization, focused on the promotion and support of
    OS/2 and eComStation...that simple!

    Have a good and pleasant day,

    Jeramie Samphere
    President, OS2eCS Org.
    Channel Manager, #os/2warp on the Undernet IRC Network
    www.os2ecs.org

  2. Re: VOICE Speakups Private??

    As a respectively former and active member of the channels mentioned
    above and IRC Operator on the WebbNet IRC network, I can confirm the
    following facts:

    1. The WebbNet IRC network is public and free. However, chatting is not
    a privilege. We have the right to warn and, when needed, disconnect
    abusive users when necessary. The latter has only happened a couple of
    times - I can remember three or four cases - and the starter of this
    thread happens to be one of those three or four.

    2. The Undernet #os/2warp IRC channel mentioned above had become
    impossible to reside in because of the endless flood of
    extreme-rightwing propaganda that was copy-pasted into it. Different
    opinions were looked down upon; openly disagreeing with the propaganda
    resulted in kickbans. Various respected channel members and myself
    suffered from this. Hence the creation of a "friendly" channel in which
    a positive atmosphere on all fields for all chatters was the goal. We
    have users of various Operating Systems, including Linux, OS/2, Irix,
    Mac OS X, Solaris and others; we get along fine and we intend to keep
    it that way.

    3. After the creation of the Undernet #LinuxFriendly channel, some
    channel members of the older channel joined and were welcome. However,
    after another round of low personal attacks on other chatters and their
    beloved ones, we decided to put an end to this. The channel bans and
    WebbNet g-line have been a regretful but, to us, necessary consequence
    of the events mentioned before.

    4. Ever since these events, the starter of this thread has been trying
    to twist the facts, blaming personal hatred against him and his
    political views for what happened, even though both the Undernet
    #LinuxFriendly channel and the WebbNet IRC network are being frequented
    by people of various religions and political views. These below-belt
    actions have not done his case any good, giving us another reason not
    to change our policy and him another reason to scream murder and point
    the finger at anyone but the person who is truly to blame.

    Kind regards,

    Lennert "Alver" Van Alboom
    #LinuxFriendly Operator, WebbNet IRC Operator, Linux/OS2/IRIX user

  3. Re: VOICE Speakups Private??

    Lennart, no matter how hard you try to justify your actions, you are
    practicing discrimination pure and simple. You can't have it both
    ways and retain any credibility. I have no idea what Jeremie
    Samphere did to warrant your decision to ban him from accessing
    a supposed "free" forum but it was wrong to do if you're claim is
    that the forum is free to all.

    You need to take the VOICE Speakups to the subscription
    service we all know VOICE to be today. Your participants
    will never speak their mind knowing full well you will can their
    asses if they irritate you.

    You want talk real freedom? Look at these newsgroups.
    THAT's free. We all have the right to speak freely here
    whether you or anyone else likes what we say - or not.

    I, and many others, would never participate or seek to
    participate in any forum where discrimination is blatantly
    practiced.

    Alver wrote:
    > As a respectively former and active member of the channels mentioned
    > above and IRC Operator on the WebbNet IRC network, I can confirm the
    > following facts:
    >
    > 1. The WebbNet IRC network is public and free. However, chatting is not
    > a privilege. We have the right to warn and, when needed, disconnect
    > abusive users when necessary. The latter has only happened a couple of
    > times - I can remember three or four cases - and the starter of this
    > thread happens to be one of those three or four.
    >
    > 2. The Undernet #os/2warp IRC channel mentioned above had become
    > impossible to reside in because of the endless flood of
    > extreme-rightwing propaganda that was copy-pasted into it. Different
    > opinions were looked down upon; openly disagreeing with the propaganda
    > resulted in kickbans. Various respected channel members and myself
    > suffered from this. Hence the creation of a "friendly" channel in which
    > a positive atmosphere on all fields for all chatters was the goal. We
    > have users of various Operating Systems, including Linux, OS/2, Irix,
    > Mac OS X, Solaris and others; we get along fine and we intend to keep
    > it that way.
    >
    > 3. After the creation of the Undernet #LinuxFriendly channel, some
    > channel members of the older channel joined and were welcome. However,
    > after another round of low personal attacks on other chatters and their
    > beloved ones, we decided to put an end to this. The channel bans and
    > WebbNet g-line have been a regretful but, to us, necessary consequence
    > of the events mentioned before.
    >
    > 4. Ever since these events, the starter of this thread has been trying
    > to twist the facts, blaming personal hatred against him and his
    > political views for what happened, even though both the Undernet
    > #LinuxFriendly channel and the WebbNet IRC network are being frequented
    > by people of various religions and political views. These below-belt
    > actions have not done his case any good, giving us another reason not
    > to change our policy and him another reason to scream murder and point
    > the finger at anyone but the person who is truly to blame.
    >

    > Kind regards,
    >
    > Lennert "Alver" Van Alboom
    > #LinuxFriendly Operator, WebbNet IRC Operator, Linux/OS2/IRIX user

  4. Re: VOICE Speakups Private??

    Since I seem to be bearing the name closest to "Lennart", I suppose I
    should be the one answering this:

    As you should know, every IRC network has IRC Operators. As you should
    also know, every self-respecting network also has a set of rules which
    the chatters are supposed to follow; upon violation of these rules, IRC
    Operators will warn the abusive user; when this user deliberately
    continues to violate these rules, he or she will be removed from the
    network. This is the most basic task for an IRC Operator to keep the
    network clean and viable for the majority of the people.

    If you call the actions mentioned above "practicing discrimination pure
    and simple", I am confident you will have quit any public IRC Network
    already by now: they all have a similar Acceptable Use Policy as
    WebbNet has, and their IRC Operators take action far more often than we
    do. If you are true to your own logic, you will of course have
    protested against the approach of all existing public IRC Networks too.

    Your "you can't have it both ways and retain any credibility" is a nice
    slogan, albeit a hollow one. I only "have it" one way, which is the
    official way, and my "credibility" is unharmed. I have agreed to a set
    of rules, and it's my responsibility to make sure those rules are being
    followed. Not doing my job because one single person feels our
    Acceptable Rules Policy might be violating his or her "rights" would be
    the only thing that would harm my credibility in this case, and yet you
    demand that I do this?

    I am not linked to VOICE in any way; I have only vague notions of what
    they stand for, I have never attended any of the Speakups and I have no
    intention to do so in the future. Also, I have no intention to "can
    people's asses" as long as they restrain from attacking people
    personally.

    Which brings me to the answer on your question: Jeremie Samphere did
    attack various people, including myself; he attacked the beloved ones
    of various people, including me; he told lies with the intention to
    wrongfully destroy the reputations about various people, including me;
    and he showed generally little to no respect for the different opinions
    any other people, known or unknown. We and all people with common sense
    consider this enough reason to do what we did.

    Freedom of speech goes only as far as the borders of the rules. Usenet
    rules are loose; IRC rules are somewhat less loose. We do not force
    anyone to stay on any IRC Network at all; those who are unwilling to
    follow what we consider a basic constitution based on mutual respect
    for one's personal opinion and being, are free to quit and search for a
    medium they feel comfortable with. Those people just shouldn't expect
    that the millions of people frequenting public IRC Networks who have no
    problems with such a constitution, follow them.

    I will defend anyone's right to say his or her opinion, but I will just
    as well defend anyone's right to be safe from personal attacks - if an
    opinion cannot be expressed without personal hatred, it is no longer an
    opinion, but a grudge.

    Kind regards,

    Lennert "Alver" Van Alboom
    #LinuxFriendly Operator, WebbNet IRC Operator, Linux/OS2/IRIX user

  5. Re: VOICE Speakups not private. and there is one later today for anyone interested.

    On Sat, 28 May 2005 14:56:16 UTC, "Alver"
    wrote:

    Thank you for not quoting the idiot known as tim martin/larry
    chauvet/nick marc and a host of other troll aliases. He is a drooling
    mental deficient who gets off the only way he is capable and that is
    by trolling these groups. Arguing with this loon is truly useleess.
    See http://www.mr2ice.com/TMFaq/ for more on this anacephalic crud and
    his nutball buddies - the FUD4.

    As to Jeramie's problem, he should take it up with the IRCops who have
    banned him from WEBBnet. As to everyone else, there is another
    Speakup later today. Here is the announcement:

    This is the reminder for the second speakup about the Open Watcom
    compiler
    targetted at Asia and Australia.

    What is a SpeakUp? Well, its organized via IRC (Internet Relay Chat).
    On
    an IRC SpeakUp you will get a chance to talk to software developers,
    for
    instance. The person/organization/company invited for the SpeakUp will
    give a short introduction about himself and the product or project
    they
    work on. And then the real part of the SpeakUp starts! You can ask
    questions! If you like the information exchange at Warpstock
    (www.warpstock.org), then you will like VOICE SpeakUps (depending on
    the
    subject, of course).

    We will try and organize SpeakUps every month on a subject of
    interest.

    The topic for this SpeakUp is the Open Watcom compiler.

    The guest for this SpeakUp is Michal Necasek.

    What is new, is that SpeakUps will be organized twice. The first VOICE
    SpeakUp of the month will be targeted especially at the US. The second
    meeting will be targeted at Asia and Australia. This targeting will be
    accomplished by the timing of the IRC to suit the locale.

    The first speakup on Open Watcom was on May 14th and was targetted at
    America and Europe. Anybody who wants to prepare for the meeting you
    can
    find a log file of the IRC speakup here:
    http://www.os2voice.org/logs/V051405.log.html

    The next speakup is targetted at Asia and Australia and *starts* on :
    Saturday May 28, 2005 23:00 GMT
    Saturday May 28, 2005 19:00 EDT (New York)
    Saturday May 28 2005 16:00 PDT (California)
    Sunday May 29, 2005, 01:00 CET (Paris,Europe)
    Sunday May 29, 2005 07:00 JST (Tokyo/Japan)
    Sunday May 29, 2005 09:00 (Australia/Sydney)

    Visit http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc for timezone
    help.

    To find the server closest to you, go to http://irc.fyrelizard.com/ .

    Channel #voice can be found on any of these servers.

    If you don't have a IRC client. You can use a web browser to get on
    the
    IRC VOICE channel. If you use the Mozilla web browser use the
    following
    link:

    irc://irc.fyrelizard.com/voice

    If you don't use Mozilla (Opera or the IBM web browser for instance)
    use
    the following link

    http://irc.fyrelizard.com/ (requires JAVA)

    "VOICE is an organization dedicated to the promotion of OS/2 Warp and
    eComStation to the general consumer through various activities as
    providing current and factual information about OS/2 Warp and OS/2
    related
    products, conducting IRC meetings twice a month, and
    sponsoring OS/2 promotion related projects among providing many other
    services."

    Roderick Klein
    President

    Mark

    --
    From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

    http://www.os2voice.org
    Warpstock 2005, Hershey, PA, Oct 6-9, 2005 - http://www.warpstock.org

  6. Re: VOICE Speakups not private. and there is one later today foranyone interested.

    Mark Dodel wrote:
    > On Sat, 28 May 2005 14:56:16 UTC, "Alver"
    > wrote:
    >
    > This is the reminder for the second speakup about the Open Watcom
    > compiler targetted at Asia and Australia.

    And as with all VOICE Speakups there will be few, if any,
    participants primarily because *real* OS/2 users avoid
    VOICE and anything related to VOICE, like the plague.

    VOICE and Mark (Dodie) Dodel have become the laughing
    stock of the OS/2 world. They are known for spreading lies,
    using personal attacks against anyone who tells the truth
    about them (aka most notorious hypocrites).

    VOICE is a private subscription service which uses the
    money from its membership drives to destroy OS/2
    and those who advocate and use it.

  7. Re: [FUD4] VOICE Speakups not private. and there is one later today for anyone interested.

    On Sat, 28 May 2005 19:28:18 UTC, letoured@NJstatementalhospital.net
    wrote:

    -> ecs is not OS2.

    What a nitwit eddy is.:

    [D:\]ver /r

    The Operating System/2 Version is 4.50
    Revision 14.097

    And that is of course eComStation 1.2. So you have been proven wrong
    yet again. eComStation is OS/2, and always has been. Its an OEM
    version of OS/2 licensed from IBM. [http://www.ecomstation.com ]

    To everyone else I'll be in Hershey, Pennsylvania, October 6-9th
    showing everyone all the versions of OS/2 since 1.0, up to and
    including the latest and greatest versions, which includes
    eComstation1.2. See http://www.warpstock.org for details.

    BTW, removing [FUD4] doesn''t help you as everyone that knows you're a
    moron has you killfiled already. Its to help those who don't even
    want to read replies to your asanine drivel. But being the dope you
    are you couldn't comprehend that logic. For those unfamiliar with how
    the OS/2 usenet community deals with trolls like eddy and his pal
    tim/larry/nick, etc see http://www.mr2ice.com/TMFaq/

    --
    From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

    http://www.os2voice.org
    Warpstock 2005, Hershey, PA, Oct 6-9, 2005 - http://www.warpstock.org

  8. Re: dogel lies and whines again (VOICE Speakups not private. and there is one later today for anyone interested.)

    Stop the ecs bull**** dodgel. A version number can be programmed. The
    real poof of what ecs is comes from the marketplace. The enterprise
    market (where all the money is) -- that rejected ecs as OS2. Seven years
    and not one single enterprise customer exists. That is real proof that
    the character and quality of ecs is not the equal of OS2 from IBM.

    Now get your ass out of the IBM OS2 newsgroups and don't come back.

    In , on 05/28/2005
    at 08:04 PM, "Mark Dodel" said:

    >On Sat, 28 May 2005 19:28:18 UTC, letoured@NJstatementalhospital.net
    >wrote:

    >-> ecs is not OS2.

    >What a nitwit eddy is.:

    > [D:\]ver /r

    > The Operating System/2 Version is 4.50
    > Revision 14.097

    >And that is of course eComStation 1.2. So you have been proven wrong
    >yet again. eComStation is OS/2, and always has been. Its an OEM
    >version of OS/2 licensed from IBM. [http://www.ecomstation.com ]

    >To everyone else I'll be in Hershey, Pennsylvania, October 6-9th showing
    >everyone all the versions of OS/2 since 1.0, up to and including the
    >latest and greatest versions, which includes eComstation1.2. See
    >http://www.warpstock.org for details.

    >BTW, removing [FUD4] doesn''t help you as everyone that knows you're a
    >moron has you killfiled already. Its to help those who don't even want
    >to read replies to your asanine drivel. But being the dope you are you
    >couldn't comprehend that logic. For those unfamiliar with how the OS/2
    >usenet community deals with trolls like eddy and his pal tim/larry/nick,
    >etc see http://www.mr2ice.com/TMFaq/

  9. IBM Refuses to sell eComStation

    letoured@nospam.net wrote:

    > ecs is not OS2.

    Subject says it all. eCS Lusers claim "eCS is OS/2" yet IBM
    won't sell eCS to anyone. You can't buy eCS from IBM.

  10. Re: IBM Refuses to sell eComStation

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    > >
    > > ecs is not OS2.

    > Subject says it all. eCS Lusers claim "eCS is OS/2" yet IBM
    > won't sell eCS to anyone. You can't buy eCS from IBM.

    LOL. You can't easily buy *OS/2* from IBM - I was only able to order it
    online because I was PWD - the rabble don't have that option. And the
    second time I tried to order it almost all the OS/2 products had
    disappeared even from PWD - I had to email PWD support and get them to
    manually add WSeB English version back to onto the website so I could
    order it!

    I'm not aware that IBM have *any* option for digital delivery of OS/2.
    Hell, you can even download z/OS from IBM these days! But not OS/2...
    ho hum. Digital delivery is one of the things I like about eCS (and
    don't start ranting about eCS - surely you would be delighted if IBM
    were to start offering digital delivery for OS/2 too?)

    Last time I checked, eCS was OS/2. If it looks like a duck and quacks
    like a duck... think Linux; Suse and Redhat are two very different
    distros, they each have their own strengths and weaknesses, some people
    love one but hate the other - but no-one would claim that Suse (or
    Redhat) isn't Linux! The eCS and IBM versions are just different
    distros, but both OS/2.

    Mike

  11. Re: IBM Refuses to sell eComStation

    mike@corestore.org wrote:
    > The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >
    >>letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    >>
    >>>ecs is not OS2.

    >>Subject says it all. eCS Lusers claim "eCS is OS/2" yet IBM
    >>won't sell eCS to anyone. You can't buy eCS from IBM.

    > LOL. You can't easily buy *OS/2* from IBM -

    Of course you can. If you can't then you're lame. IBM won't
    sell you eComstation. In fact they will refuse to do so despite
    the claims of eCS salesmen who whine "eCS is OS/2".

    If eCS were OS/2 then IBM would sell it. IBM won't sell it at all.

  12. Re: [FUD4] VOICE Speakups not private. and there is one later todayfor anyone interested.

    Mark Dodel wrote:
    > On Sat, 28 May 2005 19:28:18 UTC, letoured@NJstatementalhospital.net
    > wrote:
    >
    > -> ecs is not OS2.
    >
    > What a nitwit eddy is.:
    >
    > [D:\]ver /r
    >
    > The Operating System/2 Version is 4.50
    > Revision 14.097
    >
    > And that is of course eComStation 1.2. So you have been proven wrong
    > yet again. eComStation is OS/2, and always has been. Its an OEM
    > version of OS/2 licensed from IBM. [http://www.ecomstation.com ]

    So that means eCS 1.2 it's nothing more than OS/2 Warp 4 at FixPack 15

  13. Re: [FUD4] VOICE Speakups not private. and there is one later todayfor anyone interested.

    Mr.C wrote:

    > Mark Dodel wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 28 May 2005 19:28:18 UTC, letoured@NJstatementalhospital.net
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> -> ecs is not OS2.
    >> What a nitwit eddy is.:
    >>
    >> [D:\]ver /r
    >>
    >> The Operating System/2 Version is 4.50
    >> Revision 14.097
    >>
    >> And that is of course eComStation 1.2. So you have been proven wrong
    >> yet again. eComStation is OS/2, and always has been. Its an OEM
    >> version of OS/2 licensed from IBM. [http://www.ecomstation.com ]

    > So that means eCS 1.2 it's nothing more than OS/2 Warp 4 at FixPack 15

    Only if you're mistaken, an idiot, a troll with an axe to grind, or in
    this case, all of the aforementioned.

  14. Re: IBM Refuses to sell eComStation

    In <1117335206.490791.308070@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups. com>, on 05/28/2005
    at 07:53 PM, mike@corestore.org said:

    >The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >> letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    >> >
    >> > ecs is not OS2.

    >> Subject says it all. eCS Lusers claim "eCS is OS/2" yet IBM
    >> won't sell eCS to anyone. You can't buy eCS from IBM.

    >LOL. You can't easily buy *OS/2* from IBM - I was only able to order it
    >online because I was PWD - the rabble don't have that option. And the
    >second time I tried to order it almost all the OS/2 products had
    >disappeared even from PWD - I had to email PWD support and get them to
    >manually add WSeB English version back to onto the website so I could
    >order it!

    >I'm not aware that IBM have *any* option for digital delivery of OS/2.
    >Hell, you can even download z/OS from IBM these days! But not OS/2... ho
    >hum. Digital delivery is one of the things I like about eCS (and don't
    >start ranting about eCS - surely you would be delighted if IBM were to
    >start offering digital delivery for OS/2 too?)

    >Last time I checked, eCS was OS/2. If it looks like a duck and quacks
    >like a duck... think Linux; Suse and Redhat are two very different
    >distros, they each have their own strengths and weaknesses, some people
    >love one but hate the other - but no-one would claim that Suse (or
    >Redhat) isn't Linux! The eCS and IBM versions are just different distros,
    >but both OS/2.

    If ecs is really OS2 how come there are no ecs enterprise customers?
    Especially when ecs is suppose to be better and cheaper. -- You don't
    seem interested in answering that.

    And is someone who has OS2 on a museum machine, really an OS2 user?
    That's you. -- And you're not an OS2 user.

    So take your ecs shilling out of the OS2 newsgroups.

    >Mike

  15. Re: [FUD4] VOICE Speakups not private. and there is one later todayfor anyone interested.

    Mr.C wrote:

    > Mark Dodel wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 28 May 2005 19:28:18 UTC, letoured@NJstatementalhospital.net
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> -> ecs is not OS2.
    >> What a nitwit eddy is.:
    >>
    >> [D:\]ver /r
    >>
    >> The Operating System/2 Version is 4.50
    >> Revision 14.097
    >>
    >> And that is of course eComStation 1.2. So you have been proven wrong
    >> yet again. eComStation is OS/2, and always has been. Its an OEM
    >> version of OS/2 licensed from IBM. [http://www.ecomstation.com ]

    > So that means eCS 1.2 it's nothing more than OS/2 Warp 4 at FixPack 15

    No, that is not what it means. eComStation 1.2 does include IBM OS/2
    4.52, I don't recall what the fixpack level was last August at time of
    release. But users can update the kernel and other things automatically
    with eComStation Maintenence Tool (eCSMT), thanks to the work of Chuck
    McKinnis.

    For a description of eComStation 1.2, see
    http://www.ecomstation.com/edp/mod/f...nouncement.pdf

    btw .. still no response about purchasing OS/2 from Digi ... I guess
    that circle is looking more and more squared.

    Regards,
    Bob St.John
    Berenity Systems International

  16. Re: booby relies on freeware work now (VOICE Speakups not private. and there is one later today for anyone interested.

    In <4299bacd$0$961$8b463f8a@news.nationwide.net>, on 05/29/2005
    at 07:49 AM, Bob StJohn said:

    >Mr.C wrote:
    >>

    >> Mark Dodel wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Sat, 28 May 2005 19:28:18 UTC, letoured@NJstatementalhospital.net
    >>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> -> ecs is not OS2.
    >>> What a nitwit eddy is.:
    >>>
    >>> [D:\]ver /r
    >>>
    >>> The Operating System/2 Version is 4.50
    >>> Revision 14.097
    >>>
    >>> And that is of course eComStation 1.2. So you have been proven wrong
    >>> yet again. eComStation is OS/2, and always has been. Its an OEM
    >>> version of OS/2 licensed from IBM. [http://www.ecomstation.com ]

    >> So that means eCS 1.2 it's nothing more than OS/2 Warp 4 at FixPack 15

    >No, that is not what it means. eComStation 1.2 does include IBM OS/2
    >4.52, I don't recall what the fixpack level was last August at time of
    >release. But users can update the kernel and other things automatically
    >with eComStation Maintenence Tool (eCSMT), thanks to the work of Chuck
    >McKinnis.

    Thanks for the proof that you are really out of business and down to
    relying on free-ware work from your followers -->to produce anything new.
    And even then the life-cost is more then the better product from IBM.

    >For a description of eComStation 1.2, see
    >http://www.ecomstation.com/edp/mod/f...nouncement.pdf

    >btw .. still no response about purchasing OS/2 from Digi ... I guess
    >that circle is looking more and more squared.

    >Regards,
    >Bob St.John
    >Berenity Systems International

  17. Re: IBM Refuses to sell eComStation

    mike@corestore.org wrote:

    > I'm not aware that IBM have *any* option for digital delivery of OS/2.
    > Hell, you can even download z/OS from IBM these days! But not OS/2...

    IBM has an option on Passport Advantage to download images of the Warp
    4.52 disks for various languages. Actually, IBM offers only digital
    delivery for most OS/2 software other than the installation media. They
    still have an option to purchase an OS/2 'media pack' which gives you
    CD-ROM disks for Warp 4, Warp 4.51, and Warp 4.52 and some other disks
    but new drivers, fixpacks, IWB, Java, and updates have been only
    provided by digital delivery for at least 3 or 4 years.

    --
    Posted with OS/2 Warp 4.52
    and IBM Web Browser v2.0.4

  18. Re: IBM Refuses to sell eComStation

    David T. Johnson wrote:
    > mike@corestore.org wrote:
    >>
    >> I'm not aware that IBM have *any* option for digital delivery of OS/2.
    >> Hell, you can even download z/OS from IBM these days! But not OS/2...

    > IBM has an option on Passport Advantage to download images of the Warp
    > 4.52 disks for various languages. Actually, IBM offers only digital
    > delivery for most OS/2 software other than the installation media. They
    > still have an option to purchase an OS/2 'media pack' which gives you
    > CD-ROM disks for Warp 4, Warp 4.51, and Warp 4.52 and some other disks
    > but new drivers, fixpacks, IWB, Java, and updates have been only
    > provided by digital delivery for at least 3 or 4 years.

    The standard marketing lines professed by eCS investors are the same:
    "IBM stopped selling OS/2 ... IBM killed off OS/2 ... You can't buy OS/2
    from IBM ... IBM doesn't want anyone to buy OS/2 ... "

    This brainwashing has gone on for so long now that eCS consumers
    are in total disbelief when faced with the truth. In a response post
    written the other day one eCS investor claimed IBM charged the
    Passport Advantage customer with a Maintenance Service Contract
    a substantial media/shipping fee for ordering the "Warp 4 Convenience
    Package". The package can be ordered online by anyone with a
    Maintenance Service Contract by simply checking a box on the web
    page listing the software available under the contract. Once selected
    the PA customer moves to a second screen that offers two options:
    (1) Direct Download or (2) Shipped to contract holder.

    Twice now I've selected the "shipped to contract holder" and within
    2-3 days have received a padded envelope directly from IBM via
    Airborne Express without charge. The label says:

    OS/2 Warp V4 ENG CD MEDIA PK, W/O: G1290136, REL: 4
    Lang: US English, P/N: 84H6327, Press #3 20-Dec-2004

    The package itself includes 9 CDs and 3 Floppies as follows:

    1 - Warp 4.00, Bonus Pak
    1 - Warp 4.51 operating system
    1 - Warp 4.51 installation CD
    1 - Warp 4.52 operating system
    1 - Warp 4.52 installation CD
    1 - Volume 9 CD-ROM 1 Reserved Features
    1 - Volume 9 CD-ROM 2 Reserved Features
    1 - IBM Web Browser for OS/2, 12-Jan-2005
    1 - IBM OS/2 Java
    3 - OS/2 Warp operating system Diskette 1, 2 & 3

    When a new item for OS/2 is released, IBM sends me
    an email to say it is now available for download as a
    Passport Advantage customer.

    The claim that IBM won't sell OS/2 or won't send it on
    hard media, has abandoned OS/2 and the OS/2
    customer is a myth. These claims are repeatedly
    promoted by Serenity Systems and their salesmen
    for one and only one purpose: to convince the potential
    OS/2 user there is but one and only one option: eComstation.

    Total hogwash.

  19. Re: VOICE Speakups not private. and there is one later todayfor anyoneinterested.

    Mr.C wrote:

    > Mark Dodel wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 28 May 2005 19:28:18 UTC, letoured@NJstatementalhospital.net
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> -> ecs is not OS2.
    >> What a nitwit eddy is.:
    >>
    >> [D:\]ver /r
    >>
    >> The Operating System/2 Version is 4.50
    >> Revision 14.097
    >>
    >> And that is of course eComStation 1.2. So you have been proven wrong
    >> yet again. eComStation is OS/2, and always has been. Its an OEM
    >> version of OS/2 licensed from IBM. [http://www.ecomstation.com ]

    > So that means eCS 1.2 it's nothing more than OS/2 Warp 4 at FixPack 15

    True, with eCS the buyer gets an older version of OS/2.

  20. Re: VOICE Speakups not private. and there is one later todayfor anyoneinterested.

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > Mr.C wrote:
    >

    >> Mark Dodel wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Sat, 28 May 2005 19:28:18 UTC, letoured@NJstatementalhospital.net
    >>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> -> ecs is not OS2.
    >>> What a nitwit eddy is.:
    >>>
    >>> [D:\]ver /r
    >>>
    >>> The Operating System/2 Version is 4.50
    >>> Revision 14.097
    >>>
    >>> And that is of course eComStation 1.2. So you have been proven wrong
    >>> yet again. eComStation is OS/2, and always has been. Its an OEM
    >>> version of OS/2 licensed from IBM. [http://www.ecomstation.com ]

    >> So that means eCS 1.2 it's nothing more than OS/2 Warp 4 at FixPack 15

    > True, with eCS the buyer gets an older version of OS/2.

    Not true. eComStation buy gets more recent build with updates to
    drivers, and additional drivers, software, and so forth,