Re: VOICE Speakups Private?? - OS2

This is a discussion on Re: VOICE Speakups Private?? - OS2 ; In , on 05/30/2005 at 08:55 PM, Ted Edwards said: >Bob StJohn wrote: >> Thanks. I'm glad to hear that we are able to deliver value to the user. >> Gratified by user awards, like the OS/2 World award, Best ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 57 of 57

Thread: Re: VOICE Speakups Private??

  1. Re: Eddie LeTard still a retard

    In , on 05/30/2005
    at 08:55 PM, Ted Edwards said:

    >Bob StJohn wrote:
    >> Thanks. I'm glad to hear that we are able to deliver value to the user.
    >> Gratified by user awards, like the OS/2 World award, Best Commercial
    >> Software of the Year, 2001, 2002, and 2004.


    >We _really_ shouldn't be feeding this troll but I can't resist making
    >one (and only one) comment: Try dropping one of Scott's kernel updates
    >into any version of Linux or any M$ OS. Does it run? Not likely since
    >the kernels are for incompattable OSs. Try dropping it into eCS. Works
    >fine. The implication is obvious.


    Nonsense. Your logic is, ecs is OS2 because OS2 is in it. Using that
    logic we can also surmise that since Washington DC is in the United
    States, that the United States is Washington DC.

    Boys you just failed Logic 101.

    When an ecs enterprise customers comes along and wants a 1000 seats of
    ecs, then you will have some evidence its really the same quality as OS2
    from IBM. Not to mention that OS2 is now cheaper and we know IBM will
    still be in business next year.

    Until then, get the ecs shilling and problems out of the IBM OS2
    newsgroups.



    >Ted



  2. Re: [FUD4] VOICE Speakups not private. and there is one later todayfor anyone interested.



    Marty wrote:

    > Mr.C wrote:
    >
    >>
    >>
    >> Marty wrote:
    >>
    >>> Mr.C wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>
    >>>> Mark Dodel wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> On Sat, 28 May 2005 19:28:18 UTC,
    >>>>> letoured@NJstatementalhospital.net wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>> -> ecs is not OS2.
    >>>>> What a nitwit eddy is.:
    >>>>>
    >>>>> [D:\]ver /r
    >>>>>
    >>>>> The Operating System/2 Version is 4.50
    >>>>> Revision 14.097
    >>>>>
    >>>>> And that is of course eComStation 1.2. So you have been proven
    >>>>> wrong yet again. eComStation is OS/2, and always has been. Its an
    >>>>> OEM version of OS/2 licensed from IBM.
    >>>>> [http://www.ecomstation.com ]
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>> So that means eCS 1.2 it's nothing more than OS/2 Warp 4 at FixPack 15
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Only if you're mistaken, an idiot, a troll with an axe to grind, or
    >>> in this case, all of the aforementioned.
    >>>

    >> Reverting to names calling, as your usual MO is,

    >
    >
    > That's really funny coming from you. "eCScammers" ring a bell, hypocrite?
    >
    >> simply reflects the low degree of education & civil manners you have,
    >> but on the other end it enhances the major virtues of your total
    >> ignorance.

    >
    >
    > Ahh... why go back to the past, when you violate your own alleged
    > standards within the very same sentence. Thanks for making a fool of
    > yourself yet again.
    >


    Who do you think you are Mr. Marty A.?

    Reverting once again to more names calling makes U a very good fish vendor.

    Remaining on the subject of ecs why don't you take your BS to

    http://news.ecomstation.com/

    and have a field's day.


    There are no medicines for fools like you.

    Get a life.

  3. Digi sells OS/2 ? Re: [FUD4] VOICE Speakups etc.

    Mr.C wrote:


    btw .. did you ever get a response from Digi about selling OS/2? You
    claimed that this was a resource. I can't say. My three emails to the
    company on this subject have gone unanswered.

    If you have a response and a contact, please post it.

    Regards,
    Bob St.John
    Serenity Systems International

  4. Re: [FUD4] VOICE Speakups not private. and there is one later todayfor anyone interested.

    Mr.C wrote:
    >
    > Marty wrote:
    >
    >> Mr.C wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Marty wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Mr.C wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Mark Dodel wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> On Sat, 28 May 2005 19:28:18 UTC,
    >>>>>> letoured@NJstatementalhospital.net wrote:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> -> ecs is not OS2.
    >>>>>> What a nitwit eddy is.:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> [D:\]ver /r
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> The Operating System/2 Version is 4.50
    >>>>>> Revision 14.097
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> And that is of course eComStation 1.2. So you have been proven
    >>>>>> wrong yet again. eComStation is OS/2, and always has been. Its
    >>>>>> an OEM version of OS/2 licensed from IBM.
    >>>>>> [http://www.ecomstation.com ]
    >>>>
    >>>>> So that means eCS 1.2 it's nothing more than OS/2 Warp 4 at FixPack 15
    >>>>
    >>>> Only if you're mistaken, an idiot, a troll with an axe to grind, or
    >>>> in this case, all of the aforementioned.
    >>>>
    >>> Reverting to names calling, as your usual MO is,

    >>
    >> That's really funny coming from you. "eCScammers" ring a bell,
    >> hypocrite?
    >>
    >>> simply reflects the low degree of education & civil manners you have,
    >>> but on the other end it enhances the major virtues of your total
    >>> ignorance.

    >>
    >> Ahh... why go back to the past, when you violate your own alleged
    >> standards within the very same sentence. Thanks for making a fool of
    >> yourself yet again.

    >
    > Who do you think you are Mr. Marty A.?


    Well, since you asked, I'm the guy who ported MAME, SNES9x, Retrocade,
    and SEAL to OS/2. I helped out on the SDL port, created my own OS/2
    open source graphics library (DualMode), released a modified version of
    EMX with soft link support, and recently wrote and continue to improve
    and support a native instant messenger client for OS/2. I'm an OS/2
    user who has been actively helping others and contributing in OS/2
    newsgroups since 1996. Who the f@#k are you, "Mr.C"? :-) [As if I
    didn't know...]

    > Reverting once again to more names calling makes U a very good fish vendor.


    Referring to you as a hypocrite is only namecalling if I didn't back it
    up, which I did. I notice you didn't try to refute my evidence. I'll
    give you that much credit.

    > Remaining on the subject of ecs why don't you take your BS to
    >
    > http://news.ecomstation.com/
    >
    > and have a field's day.


    Your FUD was posted here, hence the placement of my response. If you'd
    like my response to go elsewhere, post your FUD elsewhere. If you post
    it somewhere else that I frequent, I'll be glad to refute it there too.

    > There are no medicines for fools like you.


    How ironic.

    > Get a life.


    Doubly so. Go do something *con*structive with the remains of your life.

    --
    [Reverse the parts of the e-mail address to reply.]

  5. Re: Digi sells OS/2 ? Re: [FUD4] VOICE Speakups etc.



    Bob StJohn wrote:
    > Mr.C wrote:
    >
    >
    > btw .. did you ever get a response from Digi about selling OS/2? You
    > claimed that this was a resource. I can't say. My three emails to the
    > company on this subject have gone unanswered.
    >
    > If you have a response and a contact, please post it.


    Listen, I have no problems contacting the IBM Partner and get what I
    want, as a matter of fact I just renew my Passport Advantage with them
    for the 2005/2006, just 2 days ago.

    I find it very hard to believe someone like U that's in the biz making
    deals with IBM as U state, can't even manage to contact an IBM Partner.

    Therefore either U want to tread waters, pulling legs, or just playng dumb.

    For the sake of polemics keep on with

    http://news.ecomstation.com/

  6. Re: Digi sells OS/2 ? Re: [FUD4] VOICE Speakups etc.

    Mr.C wrote:

    >
    > Listen, I have no problems contacting the IBM Partner and get what I
    > want, as a matter of fact I just renew my Passport Advantage with them
    > for the 2005/2006, just 2 days ago.


    Great. But not the point. You pointed to http://www.digi.it as a source
    for OS/2. I wrote three emails, no replies. I asked if you had ever
    received a response or had a specific contact that you cared to post. Or
    if you were just making noise.

    I would characterize your reply as non-responsive. Are you saying you
    renwed you OS/2 support agreement through the folks at Digi? Or did you
    just enroll in PA (US) and renew an OS/2 support agreement, yourself.

    Again, the point is that users claim they cannot get access to OS/2 from
    their country or region. You claim all they need is to contact Digi. Now
    you seem to be claiming to "renew your Passport Advantage with them for
    200/2006, just two days ago." So, is that your claim .. you used Digi in
    Italy to "renew your Passport Advantage"? Can you provide a contact for
    others who may want to try the same?

    > I find it very hard to believe someone like U that's in the biz making
    > deals with IBM as U state, can't even manage to contact an IBM Partner.


    Oh .. I can contact them. I requested information on purchasing OS/2
    through them. They have not responded. The email id on the web site is
    info at digi dot it if anyone else cares to try.

    > Therefore either U want to tread waters, pulling legs, or just playng dumb.


    Uh ... I don't have any problems or issues. Folks had indicated that
    they could not purchase OS/2 or get PA in their geography. You provided
    the URL, which does not appear to solve any problems. That being the
    case, why would you have implied differently.

    > For the sake of polemics keep on with
    >
    > http://news.ecomstation.com/


    Why? Are you planning on posting some unsubstantiated claim there, too?

    Regards,
    Bob St.John
    Serenity Systems International

  7. Re: Digi sells OS/2 ? Re: [FUD4] VOICE Speakups etc.



    Bob StJohn wrote:
    > Mr.C wrote:
    >
    >>
    >> Listen, I have no problems contacting the IBM Partner and get what I
    >> want, as a matter of fact I just renew my Passport Advantage with them
    >> for the 2005/2006, just 2 days ago.

    >
    >
    > Great. But not the point. You pointed to http://www.digi.it as a source
    > for OS/2. I wrote three emails, no replies. I asked if you had ever
    > received a response or had a specific contact that you cared to post. Or
    > if you were just making noise.
    >
    > I would characterize your reply as non-responsive. Are you saying you
    > renwed you OS/2 support agreement through the folks at Digi? Or did you
    > just enroll in PA (US) and renew an OS/2 support agreement, yourself.
    >
    > Again, the point is that users claim they cannot get access to OS/2 from
    > their country or region. You claim all they need is to contact Digi. Now
    > you seem to be claiming to "renew your Passport Advantage with them for
    > 200/2006, just two days ago." So, is that your claim .. you used Digi in
    > Italy to "renew your Passport Advantage"? Can you provide a contact for
    > others who may want to try the same?
    >
    >> I find it very hard to believe someone like U that's in the biz making
    >> deals with IBM as U state, can't even manage to contact an IBM Partner.

    >
    >
    > Oh .. I can contact them. I requested information on purchasing OS/2
    > through them. They have not responded. The email id on the web site is
    > info at digi dot it if anyone else cares to try.
    >
    >> Therefore either U want to tread waters, pulling legs, or just playng
    >> dumb.

    >
    >
    > Uh ... I don't have any problems or issues. Folks had indicated that
    > they could not purchase OS/2 or get PA in their geography. You provided
    > the URL, which does not appear to solve any problems. That being the
    > case, why would you have implied differently.
    >
    >> For the sake of polemics keep on with
    >>
    >> http://news.ecomstation.com/

    >
    >
    > Why? Are you planning on posting some unsubstantiated claim there, too?


    No, but there is where you belong, for the rest of the story I can't
    help it, you are to dumb period.

    I know what I have to do to acquire & renew the IBM OS/2 Warp, if you
    can't at this point it's your problem, but let me remind you that your
    Buddies at Mensys advertise the OEM ver., for sale.....so there is an
    easier avenue perhaps in front of yours and every other dizzies that
    don't know how and where to get it.

    So let's stop playing stupid BSJ.


    Adios.



    >
    > Regards,
    > Bob St.John
    > Serenity Systems International


  8. Re: Digi sells OS/2 ? Re: [FUD4] VOICE Speakups etc.

    Mr.C wrote:
    >
    >
    > Bob StJohn wrote:
    >
    >> Mr.C wrote:
    >>
    >>>
    >>> Listen, I have no problems contacting the IBM Partner and get what I
    >>> want, as a matter of fact I just renew my Passport Advantage with them
    >>> for the 2005/2006, just 2 days ago.

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Great. But not the point. You pointed to http://www.digi.it as a
    >> source for OS/2. I wrote three emails, no replies. I asked if you had
    >> ever received a response or had a specific contact that you cared to
    >> post. Or if you were just making noise.
    >>
    >> I would characterize your reply as non-responsive. Are you saying you
    >> renwed you OS/2 support agreement through the folks at Digi? Or did
    >> you just enroll in PA (US) and renew an OS/2 support agreement, yourself.
    >>
    >> Again, the point is that users claim they cannot get access to OS/2
    >> from their country or region. You claim all they need is to contact
    >> Digi. Now you seem to be claiming to "renew your Passport Advantage
    >> with them for 200/2006, just two days ago." So, is that your claim ..
    >> you used Digi in Italy to "renew your Passport Advantage"? Can you
    >> provide a contact for others who may want to try the same?
    >>
    >>> I find it very hard to believe someone like U that's in the biz making
    >>> deals with IBM as U state, can't even manage to contact an IBM Partner.

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Oh .. I can contact them. I requested information on purchasing OS/2
    >> through them. They have not responded. The email id on the web site is
    >> info at digi dot it if anyone else cares to try.
    >>
    >>> Therefore either U want to tread waters, pulling legs, or just playng
    >>> dumb.

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Uh ... I don't have any problems or issues. Folks had indicated that
    >> they could not purchase OS/2 or get PA in their geography. You
    >> provided the URL, which does not appear to solve any problems. That
    >> being the case, why would you have implied differently.
    >>
    >>> For the sake of polemics keep on with
    >>>
    >>> http://news.ecomstation.com/

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Why? Are you planning on posting some unsubstantiated claim there, too?

    >
    >
    > No, but there is where you belong, for the rest of the story I can't
    > help it, you are to dumb period.


    The subject of the thread had been acquiring OS/2, which is appropriate
    to the OS/2 newsgroups. You referral to Digi was unsolicited and
    apparently should be retracted. As to calling "dumb", I guess I agree
    with those who are amused to see a person calling others names while
    complaining of being called names.

    I will not be stooping to your level, but enjoy the company of people
    like "ed", another compulsive name caller.

    > I know what I have to do to acquire & renew the IBM OS/2 Warp, if you
    > can't at this point it's your problem, but let me remind you that your
    > Buddies at Mensys advertise the OEM ver., for sale.....so there is an
    > easier avenue perhaps in front of yours and every other dizzies that
    > don't know how and where to get it.


    And I think that's great. Having eComStation available simply provides
    more options for the user. Having choices in the market is considered a
    good thing.
    >
    > So let's stop playing stupid BSJ.


    Uh .. that would be a game you seem to be playing solo.
    >
    >
    > Adios.


    Yes .. by all means. Go off and square some more circles. lol

    Regards,
    Bob St.John
    Serenity Systems International

  9. Re: Digi sells OS/2 ? Re: VOICE Speakups etc.

    Let's admit the real purpose of your post, Boob. You're attempting
    to attack and humiliate a *real* OS/2 user who stated OS/2 could
    be purchased from other vendors outside of IBM. You hate that.
    Thus, you need to engage in personal attacks, belittlement and
    humiliation in hopes of driving the truth and an OS/2 user away.

    It won't work. He gave you a proper third party vendor selling
    OS/2 - Mensys.

    I like it when you make an utter fool out of yourself and show
    your true colors here in the OS/2 newsgroups. Imagine for
    a moment the potential OS/2 customer sitting out there reading
    as you belittle, attack, and work so hard at your attempt to
    humiliate a *real* OS/2 user. That potential customer realizes
    this and gets a quick lesson in how the owner of eComStation
    works and operates. In short, he knows that Serenity can't
    dazzle 'em with complete baloney then look out because
    the owner will smear your damn ass in public ...

    Doesn't matter who offers it today or tomorrow, OS/2 Warp 4.52
    is available from vendors other than IBM. That's a good thing
    because OS/2 users don't have to believe your crap about
    eComStation being the only avenue available to obtaining
    the older version of OS/2 Warp you con your customers with.

    Thank God.

    ---
    Dr. Timothy Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy
    Warp City Web Site - http://www.warpcity.com
    mail: OS2Guy@Gmail.com OR eCSGuy@Gmail.com



  10. Re: Digi sells OS/2 ? Re: VOICE Speakups etc.


    Stop spamming us booby. You have more important things to worry about,
    like how you're going to pay your Texas business taxes. They are due about
    now aren't they. You missed them twice so far, and each time failed to
    pay when notified by letter and certified mail as provided by texas law.
    Or maybe you get to work on the Twain drivers you promised a 7 years ago.

    Do real things instead of showing up here to spam about ecs and lie, is
    what you need to do.





    In <429cd787$0$961$8b463f8a@news.nationwide.net>, on 05/31/2005
    at 04:28 PM, Bob StJohn said:

    >Mr.C wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >> Bob StJohn wrote:
    >>
    >>> Mr.C wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>
    >>>> Listen, I have no problems contacting the IBM Partner and get what I
    >>>> want, as a matter of fact I just renew my Passport Advantage with them
    >>>> for the 2005/2006, just 2 days ago.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Great. But not the point. You pointed to http://www.digi.it as a
    >>> source for OS/2. I wrote three emails, no replies. I asked if you had
    >>> ever received a response or had a specific contact that you cared to
    >>> post. Or if you were just making noise.
    >>>
    >>> I would characterize your reply as non-responsive. Are you saying you
    >>> renwed you OS/2 support agreement through the folks at Digi? Or did
    >>> you just enroll in PA (US) and renew an OS/2 support agreement, yourself.
    >>>
    >>> Again, the point is that users claim they cannot get access to OS/2
    >>> from their country or region. You claim all they need is to contact
    >>> Digi. Now you seem to be claiming to "renew your Passport Advantage
    >>> with them for 200/2006, just two days ago." So, is that your claim ..
    >>> you used Digi in Italy to "renew your Passport Advantage"? Can you
    >>> provide a contact for others who may want to try the same?
    >>>
    >>>> I find it very hard to believe someone like U that's in the biz making
    >>>> deals with IBM as U state, can't even manage to contact an IBM Partner.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Oh .. I can contact them. I requested information on purchasing OS/2
    >>> through them. They have not responded. The email id on the web site is
    >>> info at digi dot it if anyone else cares to try.
    >>>
    >>>> Therefore either U want to tread waters, pulling legs, or just playng
    >>>> dumb.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Uh ... I don't have any problems or issues. Folks had indicated that
    >>> they could not purchase OS/2 or get PA in their geography. You
    >>> provided the URL, which does not appear to solve any problems. That
    >>> being the case, why would you have implied differently.
    >>>
    >>>> For the sake of polemics keep on with
    >>>>
    >>>> http://news.ecomstation.com/
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Why? Are you planning on posting some unsubstantiated claim there, too?

    >>
    >>
    >> No, but there is where you belong, for the rest of the story I can't
    >> help it, you are to dumb period.


    >The subject of the thread had been acquiring OS/2, which is appropriate
    >to the OS/2 newsgroups. You referral to Digi was unsolicited and
    >apparently should be retracted. As to calling "dumb", I guess I agree
    >with those who are amused to see a person calling others names while
    >complaining of being called names.


    >I will not be stooping to your level, but enjoy the company of people
    >like "ed", another compulsive name caller.


    >> I know what I have to do to acquire & renew the IBM OS/2 Warp, if you
    >> can't at this point it's your problem, but let me remind you that your
    >> Buddies at Mensys advertise the OEM ver., for sale.....so there is an
    >> easier avenue perhaps in front of yours and every other dizzies that
    >> don't know how and where to get it.


    >And I think that's great. Having eComStation available simply provides
    >more options for the user. Having choices in the market is considered a
    >good thing.
    >>
    >> So let's stop playing stupid BSJ.


    >Uh .. that would be a game you seem to be playing solo.
    >>
    >>
    >> Adios.


    >Yes .. by all means. Go off and square some more circles. lol


    >Regards,
    >Bob St.John
    >Serenity Systems International



  11. FUD4 Re: Digi sells OS/2 ? Re: VOICE Speakups etc.

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > Let's admit the real purpose of your post, Boob. You're attempting
    > to attack and humiliate a *real* OS/2 user who stated OS/2 could
    > be purchased from other vendors outside of IBM. You hate that.
    > Thus, you need to engage in personal attacks, belittlement and
    > humiliation in hopes of driving the truth and an OS/2 user away.


    I don't need to humiliate "Mr. C" .. he does a good job of that on "his"
    own. As to being a "real" OS/2 user, I'm not sure he passes the test of
    being a "real" anything. Regardless, with me, it's always the message.
    Not the poster. You know that.

    "Mr. C" posted that it was no problem buying OS/2 from Digi. Apparently
    it is more of a challanege that "Mr. C" would have us believe.

    > It won't work. He gave you a proper third party vendor selling
    > OS/2 - Mensys.


    Right. And I think that's great. Of course, it's more expensive that
    eComStation and lacks the additional software. But it affords users a
    choice and demonstrates the value of eComStation. Fine with me.

    In fact, Mensys sells two OEM verions of OS/2. One of which has added
    features, a lower cost to the user, and is branded eComStation.

    > I like it when you make an utter fool out of yourself and show
    > your true colors here in the OS/2 newsgroups. Imagine for
    > a moment the potential OS/2 customer sitting out there reading
    > as you belittle, attack, and work so hard at your attempt to
    > humiliate a *real* OS/2 user. That potential customer realizes
    > this and gets a quick lesson in how the owner of eComStation
    > works and operates. In short, he knows that Serenity can't
    > dazzle 'em with complete baloney then look out because
    > the owner will smear your damn ass in public ...
    >
    > Doesn't matter who offers it today or tomorrow, OS/2 Warp 4.52
    > is available from vendors other than IBM. That's a good thing
    > because OS/2 users don't have to believe your crap about
    > eComStation being the only avenue available to obtaining
    > the older version of OS/2 Warp you con your customers with.


    Piffle. The product is well received by users, witness the awards in the
    OS/2 World polls. I know the value being delivered, and so do users.

    What is fun for me is watching you spin for five years now. That's
    delicious. Thank you for that.

    Regards,
    Bob St.John
    Serenity Systems International

  12. FUD4 Re: Digi sells OS/2 ? Re: VOICE Speakups etc.

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > Bob StJohn wrote:


    >> I don't need to humiliate "Mr. C" .. he does a good job of that on
    >> "his" own.

    >
    >
    > Ahh, the never failing belittlement from Boob.


    lol

    "Are you catching this dear reader?" Fascinating that both "Mr. C" and
    "Tim" compalin about something, even as they commit the self same
    offense. Could this personal style be a coincidence? Gee .. who cares?

    eComStation is five years old, now .. and each release has been voted
    "Best Commercial Software Product of the Year" by the OS/2 World readers
    poll. Spinning by fuddie duddies doesn't change that.

    Both "Mr. C" and "Tim" pointed to Mensys, reselling an OEM Warp 4
    product. On the Mensys site, there is a Top 50 list.
    http://shop.mensys.nl/mns_t50.html

    Interesting .. number 1 and 13 are eComStation Upgrade products. And #41
    is eComStation (new user). The product "ed" feels no one buys.



    Regards,
    Bob St.John
    Serenity Systems Intenrational

  13. Re: Digi sells OS/2 ? Re: VOICE Speakups etc.

    In <429da5c9$0$967$8b463f8a@news.nationwide.net>, on 06/01/2005
    at 07:08 AM, Bob StJohn said:

    >The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >> Bob StJohn wrote:

    >
    >>> I don't need to humiliate "Mr. C" .. he does a good job of that on
    >>> "his" own.

    >>
    >>
    >> Ahh, the never failing belittlement from Boob.


    >lol


    >"Are you catching this dear reader?" Fascinating that both "Mr. C" and
    >"Tim" compalin about something, even as they commit the self same
    >offense. Could this personal style be a coincidence? Gee .. who cares?


    >eComStation is five years old, now .. and each release has been voted
    >"Best Commercial Software Product of the Year" by the OS/2 World readers
    >poll. Spinning by fuddie duddies doesn't change that.


    >Both "Mr. C" and "Tim" pointed to Mensys, reselling an OEM Warp 4
    >product. On the Mensys site, there is a Top 50 list.
    >http://shop.mensys.nl/mns_t50.html


    >Interesting .. number 1 and 13 are eComStation Upgrade products. And #41
    >is eComStation (new user). The product "ed" feels no one buys.



    Do you have the cash to pay your taxes on time this year booby? -- How
    come you missed 6 times so far, if things are going so well?






    >Regards,
    >Bob St.John
    >Serenity Systems Intenrational



  14. Re: FUD4 Re: Digi sells OS/2 ? Re: VOICE Speakups etc.

    Bob StJohn wrote:
    >
    > Both "Mr. C" and "Tim" pointed to Mensys, reselling an OEM Warp 4
    > product. On the Mensys site, there is a Top 50 list.
    > http://shop.mensys.nl/mns_t50.html
    >
    > Interesting .. number 1 and 13 are eComStation Upgrade products. And #41
    > is eComStation (new user). The product "ed" feels no one buys.
    >
    >

    4 of the top 50 are various versions of eCS. New warp 4 licenses don't make the
    top 50 but this could be because most new buyers buy from IBM if they can find
    their way through the maze.

    Also number 9 is Netlabs Sponsoring, which prompted me to take out a 15 Euro
    sponsorship, which I have been meaning to do for some time. I urge others who
    appreciate the efforts of Netlabs to follow suit.

  15. Re: FUD4 Re: Digi sells OS/2 ? Re: VOICE Speakups etc.

    letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    >
    > booby how come you missed paying your annual business taxes 6 times?
    > Either its because you are not selling anything and thus, don't have the
    > money. Or you're a scumball trying to cheat the state. Which is it big
    > fellow?


    Well... it could be you got it wrong .. or you are lying. Those are
    more likely than your other suggestions. I have said that I failed to
    file the paperwork associated with the Franchise Tax on two occassions.
    You cannot establish that any tax was owed. Only that I filed the report
    late.

    But, bluster away. Facts and reality have no place in your world. It's
    a strange dance .. but its your dance and it suits you.

    I admit, you are entertaining. You are a guilty pleasure. But, for now
    ... I must desist. Responding to you is simply adding to clutter.

    Regards,
    Bob St.John
    Serenity Systems International

  16. Re: Digi sells OS/2 ? Re: VOICE Speakups etc.

    James J. Weinkam wrote:
    >>

    > 4 of the top 50 are various versions of eCS.


    A fine demonstration of failure of eCS. We're talking so-called
    "top 50" and not "top 10". Mensys isn't known for block buster
    sales.

    > New warp 4 licenses don't
    > make the top 50 but this could be because most new buyers buy from IBM
    > if they can find their way through the maze.


    Apparently it is only the dimwitted you find IBM's pathway to
    OS/2 sales a maze. And at the high cost Mensys sells OS/2
    no potential OS/2 user in his right mind would purchase from
    Mensys.

    > Also number 9 is Netlabs Sponsoring, which prompted me to take out a 15
    > Euro sponsorship, which I have been meaning to do for some time. I urge
    > others who appreciate the efforts of Netlabs to follow suit.


    The most alarming item being peddled by Netlabs is the "String Thong
    w/Netlabs Logo". I can't imagine any visitor actually wanting the thing but
    there are quite a few eCS Lusers who are probably adjusting a nut or
    two before their monitors right now. That string up the butt crack has got
    to be ... (go ahead, insert your own thought there).

    Dear God Netlabs, what idyit selected the "String Thong" as a an item
    to offer the geeks of this world? What has happened to the morality of
    this world, huh?

    Gee... you think the Linux run "OS/2 World" has a set of "OS/2 World
    Pasties" on the shelf? That would certainly give the geek a special
    reason to financially support the two sites. They could sit before their
    monitors in a Netlabs string thong and a pair of OS/2 World pasties!
    Oh Gawd... I don't even want to imagine such an abhorrence...

    --
    Dr. Timothy Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy
    Warp City Web Site - http://www.warpcity.com
    email: OS2Guy@Gmail.com OR eCSGuy@Gmail.com

  17. Re: VOICE Speakups Private??

    The following posts to our guestbook [
    http://www.os2ecs.org/comments.html ] have been restored and are again
    available online. Originally these posts were edited and taken off our
    guestbook since they were considered offensive and inappropriate for the
    forum. It was a wrong decision to remove them, as the guestbook is a
    public forum. We want to appologize to the posters for this action.



    Name: Marxist
    Email: marxist@che-lives.com
    Date: Tuesday, 16 December 2003 -- 8:00pm
    Homepage: Long Live Che Guevara!
    Referred from: My mother made me do it
    Comments: Man, these guys are great! If you dig fascism, homophobia,
    racism, white pride and nazism, this is the IRC channel for you! These
    guys really do rock!! Just remember, don't disagree with anything they
    say. Ohh, and if that 'eCS' guy doesn't greet you right away he's
    probably playing with his genitals while thinking about the comatose
    woman again. There's just something about slobber that really gets his
    engine a running. Man, #os/2warp and #eComStation simply rock hard!!

    Name: PsiFire
    Email: yourmama@stevesanass.com
    Date: Tuesday, 16 December 2003 -- 6:26pm
    Homepage:
    Referred from: another IRC channel
    Comments: Whats wrong? Got kicked off the other web server for being a
    bunch of assholes? :-> If you don't like politics and being on a channel
    that is ruled as a monarchy (Steve is King, Jeramie is his Queen), then
    come over to #os/2 for os/2 and ecomstation support. Otherwise, go to
    #voice on webbnet. More os/2 users hang out there. And you won't have to
    listen to Jeramie or Steve wine about Terri, cause they're banned.

    According to our webserver logs, the post above from "Marxist" came from
    the same IP address as that of "RatSalad"...the founder of
    #LinuxFriendly on the Undernet channel.

    "PsiFire" is also a founding member of #LinuxFriendly and was banned
    from #os/2warp because of a direct personal attact and abusive language
    directed at one of our managers of #os/2warp.
    PsiFire was in vilation of Article 3 of the then current #os/2warp
    "Articles of Assembly" http://www.os2ecs.org/oldarticles.html

    Current rules of conduct for #os/2warp and #ecomstation on the Undernet
    IRC Channel can be found at: http://www.os2ecs.org/constitution.html

    Those who did not agree with our decision to ban PsiFire left to form
    #LinuxFriendly...basically all the Linux users and promoters...among
    them, Alver was a strong advocator of Linux and attacked topics that
    promoted OS/2 or eComStation. Why didn't they name their channel
    #OS/2warpFriendly ??

    I did not ban PsiFire, but he was banned by the Manager who he attacked
    verbally. Because I upheld the decision for banning PsiFire based on
    Article 3 of the "Articles of Assembly", his friends from #LinuxFriendly
    have banned me from WebbNet(a different IRC Network) and hence #voice
    since it is hosted there.

    What I'd like to know is what posting did I make in #voice on Webbnet to
    warrent banning there?? What posted rule of conduct did I break? Do I
    have an evil twin who is an imposter??

    I want to thank the kind gentleman that sent me a script of the last
    SpeakUp with with Michal on Open Watcom. It seemed to be a very
    interesting and enlightening discussion. Too bad it wasn't
    public...perhaps more people would have joined!

    Regards,
    Jeramie Samphere
    President & Operations Manager, OS2eCS Org.
    http://www.os2ecs.org
    #os/2warp & #ecomstation on the Undernet IRC Network

    P.S. Three weeks of vaccation is too short!!

    Alver wrote:
    > As a respectively former and active member of the channels mentioned
    > above and IRC Operator on the WebbNet IRC network, I can confirm the
    > following facts:
    >
    > 1. The WebbNet IRC network is public and free. However, chatting is not
    > a privilege. We have the right to warn and, when needed, disconnect
    > abusive users when necessary. The latter has only happened a couple of
    > times - I can remember three or four cases - and the starter of this
    > thread happens to be one of those three or four.
    >
    > 2. The Undernet #os/2warp IRC channel mentioned above had become
    > impossible to reside in because of the endless flood of
    > extreme-rightwing propaganda that was copy-pasted into it. Different
    > opinions were looked down upon; openly disagreeing with the propaganda
    > resulted in kickbans. Various respected channel members and myself
    > suffered from this. Hence the creation of a "friendly" channel in which
    > a positive atmosphere on all fields for all chatters was the goal. We
    > have users of various Operating Systems, including Linux, OS/2, Irix,
    > Mac OS X, Solaris and others; we get along fine and we intend to keep
    > it that way.
    >
    > 3. After the creation of the Undernet #LinuxFriendly channel, some
    > channel members of the older channel joined and were welcome. However,
    > after another round of low personal attacks on other chatters and their
    > beloved ones, we decided to put an end to this. The channel bans and
    > WebbNet g-line have been a regretful but, to us, necessary consequence
    > of the events mentioned before.
    >
    > 4. Ever since these events, the starter of this thread has been trying
    > to twist the facts, blaming personal hatred against him and his
    > political views for what happened, even though both the Undernet
    > #LinuxFriendly channel and the WebbNet IRC network are being frequented
    > by people of various religions and political views. These below-belt
    > actions have not done his case any good, giving us another reason not
    > to change our policy and him another reason to scream murder and point
    > the finger at anyone but the person who is truly to blame.
    >
    >
    > Kind regards,
    >
    > Lennert "Alver" Van Alboom
    > #LinuxFriendly Operator, WebbNet IRC Operator, Linux/OS2/IRIX user
    >


+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3