Re: VOICE Speakups Private?? - OS2

This is a discussion on Re: VOICE Speakups Private?? - OS2 ; On Sun, 29 May 2005 12:25:06 GMT, letoured@nospam.net wrote: >In , on 05/28/2005 > at 07:53 PM, mike@corestore.org said: >>Last time I checked, eCS was OS/2. If it looks like a duck and quacks >>like a duck... think Linux; Suse ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 57

  1. Re: IBM Refuses to sell eComStation

    On Sun, 29 May 2005 12:25:06 GMT, letoured@nospam.net wrote:

    >In <1117335206.490791.308070@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups. com>, on 05/28/2005
    > at 07:53 PM, mike@corestore.org said:

    >>Last time I checked, eCS was OS/2. If it looks like a duck and quacks
    >>like a duck... think Linux; Suse and Redhat are two very different
    >>distros, they each have their own strengths and weaknesses, some people
    >>love one but hate the other - but no-one would claim that Suse (or
    >>Redhat) isn't Linux! The eCS and IBM versions are just different distros,
    >>but both OS/2.

    >If ecs is really OS2 how come there are no ecs enterprise customers?
    >Especially when ecs is suppose to be better and cheaper. -- You don't
    >seem interested in answering that.

    I have no frelling idea - ask someone who cares.

    But if I were to *guess*... I'd say that OS/2 is in 'frozen'/legacy
    status at any enterprise where it's in use. eCS was too late and
    missed any possible boat WRT enterprise; the world had already gone in
    a different direction. No new OS/2 machines of any flavour were being
    considered.

    >And is someone who has OS2 on a museum machine, really an OS2 user?

    My main OS/2 box is an Athlon 1600 - two or three years old, but
    hardly a museum piece yet, it works very well thank you as a web/email
    server. My OS/2 development machine (the only one that uses eCS) is a
    2.8GHz Toshiba laptop. Hardly museumworthy either.

    >That's you. -- And you're not an OS2 user.

    you have no frelling idea if I use OS/2 or not. I could say
    you've never even seen a copy of OS/2 in your life; just because I say
    it doesn't make it true.

    >So take your ecs shilling out of the OS2 newsgroups.

    Very quaint. Shillings were abolished with metrication in ?1971? -
    they became 5p. And I'm certainly not offering anyone a shilling for
    eCS!

    Mike
    --
    http://www.corestore.org
    'As I walk along these shores

  2. Re: IBM Refuses to sell eComStation

    On Sun, 29 May 2005 06:27:25 -0700, "David T. Johnson"
    wrote:

    >mike@corestore.org wrote:
    >

    >> I'm not aware that IBM have *any* option for digital delivery of OS/2.
    >> Hell, you can even download z/OS from IBM these days! But not OS/2...

    >IBM has an option on Passport Advantage to download images of the Warp
    >4.52 disks for various languages.

    Oh I had no idea - thank you, I sit corrected. Do you have a URL where
    I can find out more about this?

    Mike
    --
    http://www.corestore.org
    'As I walk along these shores

  3. Re: VOICE Speakups not private. and there is one later todayfor anyoneinterested.

    Bob StJohn wrote:

    >>> So that means eCS 1.2 it's nothing more than OS/2 Warp 4 at FixPack 15

    >> True, with eCS the buyer gets an older version of OS/2.

    > Not true. eComStation buy gets more recent build with updates to
    > drivers, and additional drivers, software, and so forth,

    You're lying. You forget I have eComstation 1.2. The buyer
    gets an older version of OS/2. It can be updated with much
    time, attention and frustration but what you are selling is an
    older version of OS/2.

    It is pathetic that you would continue to lie to the general
    public in an attempt to sell your problematic product.
    Thank God you are restricted to selling it in the Netherlands.

  4. Re: IBM Refuses to sell eComStation

    Mike Ross wrote:.

    >>IBM has an option on Passport Advantage to download images of the Warp
    >>4.52 disks for various languages.

    > Oh I had no idea - thank you, I sit corrected. Do you have a URL where
    > I can find out more about this?

    Of course.

    http://www.ibm.com/Search?v=11&lang=...&Search=Search

    But you won't find eCS there. IBM refuses to sell eComStation.

  5. Re: IBM Refuses to sell eComStation

    On Sat, 28 May 2005 21:50:19 -0400, The OS/2 Guy
    wrote:

    >mike@corestore.org wrote:
    >> The OS/2 Guy wrote:

    >>>Subject says it all. eCS Lusers claim "eCS is OS/2" yet IBM
    >>>won't sell eCS to anyone. You can't buy eCS from IBM.

    >> LOL. You can't easily buy *OS/2* from IBM -

    >Of course you can. If you can't then you're lame.

    Then send me to the URL where I can check a box for quantity, type in
    my address and credit card details, and get the frelling thing
    delivered - even by snailmail! I've challenged you on this before and
    you haven't done it. AFAIK you have to sign up for a scheme called
    'Passport Advantage' before you can even *think* of asking IBM to sell
    you OS/2. I'd be delighted for you to prove me wrong, honestly, but I
    do think IBM deliberately make OS/2 hard to get hold of through their
    website.

    >IBM won't
    >sell you eComstation. In fact they will refuse to do so despite
    >the claims of eCS salesmen who whine "eCS is OS/2".
    >
    >If eCS were OS/2 then IBM would sell it. IBM won't sell it at all.

    Complete non-sequitur. I could say 'if Suse was Linux then Redhat
    would sell it'. Does that sound any more sensible? Trying to decide
    the parentage of an OS by looking at who will or won't sell it is,
    honestly, absurd, I'm sorry.

    eCS is OS/2. eCS are not IBM - they're an entirely seperate company
    who obviously have some deal to develop, modify and resell OS/2. You
    and I have no idea what's in that deal, but there's obviously nothing
    that obliges IBM to directly sell eCS, and they don't. If I were of a
    suspicious nature I would say IBM had no interest in developing OS/2
    further and farmed it off to eCS to see what they could make of it...

    Mike
    --
    http://www.corestore.org
    'As I walk along these shores

  6. Re: IBM Refuses to sell eComStation

    On Sun, 29 May 2005 19:20:39 -0400, The OS/2 Guy
    wrote:

    >Mike Ross wrote:.
    >>>
    >>>IBM has an option on Passport Advantage to download images of the Warp
    >>>4.52 disks for various languages.

    >> Oh I had no idea - thank you, I sit corrected. Do you have a URL where
    >> I can find out more about this?

    >Of course.
    >
    >http://www.ibm.com/Search?v=11&lang=...&Search=Search

    Well that's a search page, not a URL where you can download... but a
    link from the search page says:

    'Subscription under SW Maintenance also entitles you to download
    reserved items. Approximately 7 to 10 days after your purchase, you
    will receive via mail your Username and Password to access this
    website.

    Passport Advantage Software maintenance provides easy access to
    features, updates, and technical information, to OS/2 (R) Warp 4 and
    OS/2 Warp Server customers.'

    So it looks like the previous poster was right... unfortunately I'm
    not interested in SW maintenance, annual charges, or
    subscription-based services - I just want to BUY a copy of OS/2, like
    you used to be able to do in retail stores.

    Mike
    --
    http://www.corestore.org
    'As I walk along these shores

  7. Re: IBM Refuses to sell eComStation

    Go to the ecs newsgroup mike. They appreciate ecs shills there. You are
    one inspite of your protests, since you run away from every question that
    would show ecs is not OS2 or even a close equal.

    In <1117418896.f6e42cc28cc6e1d387c837902dccecb5@terane ws>, on 05/29/2005
    at 10:07 PM, Mike Ross said:

    >On Sun, 29 May 2005 12:25:06 GMT, letoured@nospam.net wrote:

    >>In <1117335206.490791.308070@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups. com>, on 05/28/2005
    >> at 07:53 PM, mike@corestore.org said:

    >>>Last time I checked, eCS was OS/2. If it looks like a duck and quacks
    >>>like a duck... think Linux; Suse and Redhat are two very different
    >>>distros, they each have their own strengths and weaknesses, some people
    >>>love one but hate the other - but no-one would claim that Suse (or
    >>>Redhat) isn't Linux! The eCS and IBM versions are just different distros,
    >>>but both OS/2.

    >>If ecs is really OS2 how come there are no ecs enterprise customers?
    >>Especially when ecs is suppose to be better and cheaper. -- You don't
    >>seem interested in answering that.

    >I have no frelling idea - ask someone who cares.

    >But if I were to *guess*... I'd say that OS/2 is in 'frozen'/legacy
    >status at any enterprise where it's in use. eCS was too late and missed
    >any possible boat WRT enterprise; the world had already gone in a
    >different direction. No new OS/2 machines of any flavour were being
    >considered.

    >>And is someone who has OS2 on a museum machine, really an OS2 user?

    >My main OS/2 box is an Athlon 1600 - two or three years old, but hardly a
    >museum piece yet, it works very well thank you as a web/email server. My
    >OS/2 development machine (the only one that uses eCS) is a 2.8GHz Toshiba
    >laptop. Hardly museumworthy either.

    >>That's you. -- And you're not an OS2 user.

    > you have no frelling idea if I use OS/2 or not. I could say
    >you've never even seen a copy of OS/2 in your life; just because I say it
    >doesn't make it true.

    >>So take your ecs shilling out of the OS2 newsgroups.

    >Very quaint. Shillings were abolished with metrication in ?1971? -
    >they became 5p. And I'm certainly not offering anyone a shilling for eCS!

    >Mike
    >--
    >http://www.corestore.org
    >'As I walk along these shores
    >I am the history within'

  8. Re: IBM Refuses to sell eComStation

    On Mon, 30 May 2005 02:35:52 GMT, letoured@nospam.net wrote:

    >Go to the ecs newsgroup mike. They appreciate ecs shills there. You are
    >one inspite of your protests, since you run away from every question that
    >would show ecs is not OS2 or even a close equal.

    Top-posting, ignoring all my responses, and telling me to go away...
    great contribution. You seem to have overlooked that 'is eCS OS/2?' is
    in a different thread...

    I responded to all the points you made in *this* thread (enterprise
    customers, museum machines, and my status as an OS/2 user) - responses
    you haven't the courtesy or wit to even acknowledge, let alone respond
    to. I responded to your comments about eCS not being OS/2 in the
    appropriate thread.

    Mike
    --
    http://www.corestore.org
    'As I walk along these shores

  9. Re: IBM Refuses to sell eComStation

    Mike Ross wrote:
    > On Sat, 28 May 2005 21:50:19 -0400, The OS/2 Guy
    > wrote:
    >

    >>mike@corestore.org wrote:

    >>>LOL. You can't easily buy *OS/2* from IBM -

    >>Of course you can. If you can't then you're lame.

    > Then send me to the URL where I can check a box for quantity, type in
    > my address and credit card details, and get the frelling thing
    > delivered - even by snailmail! I've challenged you on this before and
    > you haven't done it. AFAIK you have to sign up for a scheme called
    > 'Passport Advantage' before you can even *think* of asking IBM to sell
    > you OS/2. I'd be delighted for you to prove me wrong, honestly, but I
    > do think IBM deliberately make OS/2 hard to get hold of through their
    > website.

    I *gave* you the url. Passport Advantage is free. Sign up and they
    will send you a User ID and Password. Once you have it simply
    perform a search of the site for Warp Maintenance Contract. It is
    very easy to do. Once paid you can download the version you
    want or have it delivered via Airborne Express for free, as part
    of your contract.

    Why is that so distasteful to you? You had to go clear to The
    Netherlands to get eComStation yet you refuse to go to IBM
    for OS/2.

    >>IBM won't
    >>sell you eComstation. In fact they will refuse to do so despite
    >>the claims of eCS salesmen who whine "eCS is OS/2".
    >>
    >>If eCS were OS/2 then IBM would sell it. IBM won't sell it at all.

    > Complete non-sequitur. I could say 'if Suse was Linux then Redhat
    > would sell it'. Does that sound any more sensible? Trying to decide
    > the parentage of an OS by looking at who will or won't sell it is,
    > honestly, absurd, I'm sorry.

    Claim eCS is OS/2 is as ridiculous as claiming California is America.

    > eCS is OS/2.

    No and here you are lying to the reader. eCS is a private minor
    third party vendor's proprietary product that "just happens" to use
    OS/2 as the base operating system. You can't run the eCS clock
    on anything but eCS.

    > eCS are not IBM - they're an entirely seperate company
    > who obviously have some deal to develop, modify and resell OS/2.

    eCS isn't a company at all. eCS is a proprietary product offered
    by a minor third party vendor who distributes that product outside
    the U.S. to avoid falling under U.S. laws that protect the U.S.
    consumer.

    The company has no right to develop or modify OS/2 at all. They
    simply have an OEM contract to include OS/2 in their product.

    > You
    > and I have no idea what's in that deal, but there's obviously nothing
    > that obliges IBM to directly sell eCS, and they don't. If I were of a
    > suspicious nature I would say IBM had no interest in developing OS/2
    > further and farmed it off to eCS to see what they could make of it...

    Actually we do know some of what is in the contract. Serenity Systems
    is forbidden from rebranding OS/2 in any way shape or form. Nor can
    they include or associate OS/2 in the product name. You won't see
    eCS/2 or eComStation for OS/2, nor eCS for OS/2 or eComStation/2.

    We also know that IBM has agreed, for a yearly sum, to allow a third
    party vendor to sell an "OEM" version of OS/2. We know that Serenity
    is not allowed to alter, enhance, develop, modify or change OS/2
    source code at all. If they could do so they would alter the source
    code to include all of IBM's latest OS/2 updates/fixes and not find
    themselves in a position of selling an older version of OS/2 and
    then relying on an unpaid volunteer to hack out a proprietary
    "maintenance program" that more often then not fails to update
    the eCS package.

    The most Serenity can do is 'add to' or "pile on" their own proprietary
    product around OS/2. It is this latter failure of Serenity that makes eCS
    or eComStation so buggy, unstable, difficult to manage, and without
    company technical support. You can't call Serenity when you have
    a problem with eCS/eComStation. You can't call Mensys. the distributor
    so sold it to you, for Tech Support. You are, in short, totally dependent
    upon other eCS/eComStation investors for advice, guidance and hand-holding.

    Now you may find Serenity's product workable having years of
    technical expertise with operating systems but the average
    computer user is completely at a loss with the product. Which
    explains clearly why it doesn't sell outside the OS/2 community
    despite the fact that original claims used for funding of eComStation
    by Serenity's owner were based on a product that would sweep
    the Microsoft and Linux community and increase the OS/2 user
    base to unbelievable numbers. To this day the eCS product
    is marketed to one group and only one group: OS/2 users

    All in all, we know that IBM refuses to sell eComStation.

  10. Re: IBM Refuses to sell eComStation

    Mike Ross wrote:
    > On Sun, 29 May 2005 19:20:39 -0400, The OS/2 Guy
    > wrote:

    >>>Oh I had no idea - thank you, I sit corrected. Do you have a URL where
    >>>I can find out more about this?

    >>Of course.
    >>
    >>http://www.ibm.com/Search?v=11&lang=...&Search=Search

    > Well that's a search page, not a URL where you can download... but a
    > link from the search page says:
    >
    > 'Subscription under SW Maintenance also entitles you to download
    > reserved items. Approximately 7 to 10 days after your purchase, you
    > will receive via mail your Username and Password to access this
    > website.
    >
    > Passport Advantage Software maintenance provides easy access to
    > features, updates, and technical information, to OS/2 (R) Warp 4 and
    > OS/2 Warp Server customers.'
    >
    > So it looks like the previous poster was right... unfortunately I'm
    > not interested in SW maintenance, annual charges, or
    > subscription-based services - I just want to BUY a copy of OS/2, like
    > you used to be able to do in retail stores.

    IBM stopped selling OS/2 'over the counter' in 1995 when they
    conceded the desktop operating system market to Microsoft.
    It was a wise decision from the shareholder's point of view but
    it has sure irritated the hell out of the whining consumer who
    believes he/she has a right to purchase a product, any product,
    'over the counter' at their whim and fancy.

    You want the latest OS/2 product then you'll have to purchase
    it from IBM as they offer it.

    You may be able to find the latest release on eBay (as another
    recent Canadian did who sought help here), or purchase a copy
    from another OS/2 user. If you are really desperate you can
    always look to P2P software as a few eComStation Lusers are
    offering Warp 4.52 that way.

  11. Re: IBM Refuses to sell eComStation

    In <1117422021.e069618b6a549a09fccf2fe75486b5dc@terane ws>, on 05/29/2005
    at 10:59 PM, Mike Ross said:

    >On Mon, 30 May 2005 02:35:52 GMT, letoured@nospam.net wrote:

    >>Go to the ecs newsgroup mike. They appreciate ecs shills there. You are
    >>one inspite of your protests, since you run away from every question that
    >>would show ecs is not OS2 or even a close equal.

    >Top-posting, ignoring all my responses, and telling me to go away...
    >great contribution. You seem to have overlooked that 'is eCS OS/2?' is in
    >a different thread...

    Sorry but I addressed your comments in my top post. You have a talent
    for posting nonsense; like below where you say you addressed the
    enterprise customer issue -->When in fact you did not. Even so, I stated
    the obvious and corrected your errors.

    ecs is not OS2 from IBM, and you need to accept it. Your logic is wrong.
    Mine is dead-on right. I even cited the fallacy you are trying to use.
    Now grow up and stop the whining.

    You are are what you write Mike --> and you're ecs shill.

    >I responded to all the points you made in *this* thread (enterprise
    >customers, museum machines, and my status as an OS/2 user) - responses
    >you haven't the courtesy or wit to even acknowledge, let alone respond
    >to. I responded to your comments about eCS not being OS/2 in the
    >appropriate thread.

    >Mike
    >--
    >http://www.corestore.org
    >'As I walk along these shores
    >I am the history within'

  12. Re: [FUD4] VOICE Speakups not private. and there is one later todayfor anyone interested.

    Marty wrote:
    > Mr.C wrote:
    >

    >> Mark Dodel wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Sat, 28 May 2005 19:28:18 UTC, letoured@NJstatementalhospital.net
    >>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> -> ecs is not OS2.
    >>> What a nitwit eddy is.:
    >>>
    >>> [D:\]ver /r
    >>>
    >>> The Operating System/2 Version is 4.50
    >>> Revision 14.097
    >>>
    >>> And that is of course eComStation 1.2. So you have been proven wrong
    >>> yet again. eComStation is OS/2, and always has been. Its an OEM
    >>> version of OS/2 licensed from IBM. [http://www.ecomstation.com ]

    >> So that means eCS 1.2 it's nothing more than OS/2 Warp 4 at FixPack 15

    > Only if you're mistaken, an idiot, a troll with an axe to grind, or in
    > this case, all of the aforementioned.

    Reverting to names calling, as your usual MO is, simply reflects the low
    degree of education & civil manners you have, but on the other end it
    enhances the major virtues of your total ignorance.

  13. Re: [FUD4] VOICE Speakups not private. and there is one later todayfor anyone interested.

    Mr.C wrote:

    > Marty wrote:
    >
    >> Mr.C wrote:

    >>> So that means eCS 1.2 it's nothing more than OS/2 Warp 4 at FixPack 15

    >> Only if you're mistaken, an idiot, a troll with an axe to grind, or in
    >> this case, all of the aforementioned.
    >>

    > Reverting to names calling, as your usual MO is,

    That's really funny coming from you. "eCScammers" ring a bell, hypocrite?

    > simply reflects the low
    > degree of education & civil manners you have, but on the other end it
    > enhances the major virtues of your total ignorance.

    Ahh... why go back to the past, when you violate your own alleged
    standards within the very same sentence. Thanks for making a fool of
    yourself yet again.

  14. Re: Eddie LeTard still a retard

    Dan wrote:

    > He addressed your silly "enterprise customer" question perfectly.
    > How many NEW OS/2 "enterprise customers" are there, Eddie? You know,
    > the ones that have been deployed in the last 3 years? There aren't
    > any, of course. Any OS/2 "enterprise customers" that still exist are
    > in legacy mode, and you know it.
    >
    > Since eCS is new, of course there aren't any "enterprise customers".

    Actually, there are. We've been through this before. I've recently been
    contacted by an aerospace systems company, a major city transit
    authority, and a large insurance company.

    The first case, they are expanding the number of users. In the second,
    upgrading hardware and software from some old industrial computers on
    Warp3, but the application is unchanged. With the insurance company,
    similar situation, rate application.

    What I have said before is, there are enterprise accounts. I just
    decline to provide information about them for the obvious reason. No
    reason to change that policy.

    Regards,
    Bob St.John
    Serenity Systems International

  15. Re: booby lies again ( Eddie LeTard still a retard)

    booby you have never sold a copy of ecs for an enterprise sized
    organization. -->7 years of whining and not one single sale.

    -->And the only vendor who tried using your cob-job went belly up. That's
    why there are no ecs up-dated TWAIN drivers and never will be. Lets put
    the whole story of STi up here in public booby. Maybe its time to let the
    world see what you did to them.

    PS: Stop playing asshole here. What public authorities use is public
    information. And being contacted is not a sale. No wonder IBM fired you
    stupid ass.

    In <429b20b5$0$961$8b463f8a@news.nationwide.net>, on 05/30/2005
    at 09:16 AM, Bob StJohn said:

    >Dan wrote:
    >
    >> He addressed your silly "enterprise customer" question perfectly.
    >> How many NEW OS/2 "enterprise customers" are there, Eddie? You know,
    >> the ones that have been deployed in the last 3 years? There aren't
    >> any, of course. Any OS/2 "enterprise customers" that still exist are
    >> in legacy mode, and you know it.
    >>
    >> Since eCS is new, of course there aren't any "enterprise customers".

    >Actually, there are. We've been through this before. I've recently been
    >contacted by an aerospace systems company, a major city transit
    >authority, and a large insurance company.

    >The first case, they are expanding the number of users. In the second,
    >upgrading hardware and software from some old industrial computers on
    >Warp3, but the application is unchanged. With the insurance company,
    >similar situation, rate application.

    >What I have said before is, there are enterprise accounts. I just
    >decline to provide information about them for the obvious reason. No
    >reason to change that policy.

    >Regards,
    >Bob St.John
    >Serenity Systems International

  16. Re: Eddie LeTard still a retard

    Just curious, Bob -- did these companies "find" you themselves, did you
    find them, or did IBM refer them to you?

    Congratulations on a fine (not yet perfect, but fine) product.

    Perce

    On 05/30/05 10:16 am Bob StJohn tossed the following ingredients into
    the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

    >> Since eCS is new, of course there aren't any "enterprise customers".

    > Actually, there are. We've been through this before. I've recently been
    > contacted by an aerospace systems company, a major city transit
    > authority, and a large insurance company.
    >
    > The first case, they are expanding the number of users. In the second,
    > upgrading hardware and software from some old industrial computers on
    > Warp3, but the application is unchanged. With the insurance company,
    > similar situation, rate application.
    >
    > What I have said before is, there are enterprise accounts. I just
    > decline to provide information about them for the obvious reason. No
    > reason to change that policy.

  17. Re: Eddie LeTard still a retard

    In , on 05/30/2005
    at 10:46 AM, "Percival P. Cassidy" said:

    >Just curious, Bob -- did these companies "find" you themselves, did you
    >find them, or did IBM refer them to you?

    >Congratulations on a fine (not yet perfect, but fine) product.

    booby makes the same claim -- everytime he gets his dumb ass beat with
    facts he can't refute.

    No enterprise customer has ever bought into ecs. No one ever will. And if
    you know even the *basics of enterprise computing you would know that
    booby is lying again -- You see enterprise customers demand support. They
    are betting the company on the computer system. booby can't support a fax
    machine, much less an enterprise customer.

    -->That's why enterprise customers go to companies like IBM in the first
    place.

    >Perce

    >On 05/30/05 10:16 am Bob StJohn tossed the following ingredients into
    >the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

    >>> Since eCS is new, of course there aren't any "enterprise customers".

    >> Actually, there are. We've been through this before. I've recently been
    >> contacted by an aerospace systems company, a major city transit
    >> authority, and a large insurance company.
    >>
    >> The first case, they are expanding the number of users. In the second,
    >> upgrading hardware and software from some old industrial computers on
    >> Warp3, but the application is unchanged. With the insurance company,
    >> similar situation, rate application.
    >>
    >> What I have said before is, there are enterprise accounts. I just
    >> decline to provide information about them for the obvious reason. No
    >> reason to change that policy.

  18. Re: Eddie LeTard still a retard

    Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
    > Just curious, Bob -- did these companies "find" you themselves, did you
    > find them, or did IBM refer them to you?

    I don't know about the aerospace company. They did contact me directly.
    But the other two accounts are working with consultants who made the
    referral. In fact, most of the commercial activity is through channel
    partners already working with the organizations.

    > Congratulations on a fine (not yet perfect, but fine) product.

    Thanks. I'm glad to hear that we are able to deliver value to the user.
    Gratified by user awards, like the OS/2 World award, Best Commercial
    Software of the Year, 2001, 2002, and 2004.

    Regards,
    Bob St.John
    Serenity Systems International

  19. Re: booby lies again (Eddie LeTard still a retard)

    booby unless you are selling 1000 more seats, they are not an enterprise
    customer. As a once-IBM guy you know that. Thus, you have no enterprise
    customers in the line-up or otherwise. Why do you come here a lie?

    In <429b3adf$0$967$8b463f8a@news.nationwide.net>, on 05/30/2005
    at 11:07 AM, Bob StJohn said:

    >Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
    >> Just curious, Bob -- did these companies "find" you themselves, did you
    >> find them, or did IBM refer them to you?

    >I don't know about the aerospace company. They did contact me directly.
    >But the other two accounts are working with consultants who made the
    >referral. In fact, most of the commercial activity is through channel
    >partners already working with the organizations.

    >> Congratulations on a fine (not yet perfect, but fine) product.

    >Thanks. I'm glad to hear that we are able to deliver value to the user.
    >Gratified by user awards, like the OS/2 World award, Best Commercial
    >Software of the Year, 2001, 2002, and 2004.

    >Regards,
    >Bob St.John
    >Serenity Systems International

  20. Re: Eddie LeTard still a retard

    Bob StJohn wrote:
    > Thanks. I'm glad to hear that we are able to deliver value to the user.
    > Gratified by user awards, like the OS/2 World award, Best Commercial
    > Software of the Year, 2001, 2002, and 2004.

    We _really_ shouldn't be feeding this troll but I can't resist making
    one (and only one) comment: Try dropping one of Scott's kernel updates
    into any version of Linux or any M$ OS. Does it run? Not likely since
    the kernels are for incompattable OSs. Try dropping it into eCS. Works
    fine. The implication is obvious.

    Ted