Re: eCS Has Older OS/2! - OS2

This is a discussion on Re: eCS Has Older OS/2! - OS2 ; Richard Steiner wrote: > Here in comp.os.os2.advocacy, > "eCS Is A Ripoff" spake unto us, saying: > >>When they talked me into buying eComstation they said it was the new >>"Warp 5" but when I got it and read what ...

  1. Re: eCS Has Older OS/2!

    Richard Steiner wrote:
    > Here in comp.os.os2.advocacy,
    > "eCS Is A Ripoff" spake unto us, saying:
    >
    >>When they talked me into buying eComstation they said it was the new
    >>"Warp 5" but when I got it and read what was in it, I found out it has
    >>an older version of OS/2. They scammed me again!

    > I have never seen anyone claim that eCS is "Warp 5" except in your own
    > postings here on USENET.

    I don't know that this guy has ever posted to these newsgroups
    before much less "except in your own postings here...".

    As I recall quite clearly tho' ... it was Diane Gartner who filed
    the initial European Consumers Complaint against Meansys
    for illegally promoting eComstation as "Warp 5". Meansys
    had a full web page proclaiming they were the only vendor
    to be selling "Warp 5". After that complaint Meansys was
    contacted by the ECU and warned to 'cease and desist'
    the false claim.

    Miss Gartner (yes, that would be the same Gartner of the
    infamous "Gartner Group") then confronted Boob St. John
    and asked why he would allow such false advertising.
    The Boob's response: "I have no problem with that..."

    All easily verifiable through Google's archives. Look it up.

    BTW, if you are going to start insinuating the above posting
    was made by me then think again. Look at the header
    and the ISP. Neither of these belong to me.

  2. Re: [FUD4] eCS Has Older OS/2!

    Here in comp.os.os2.misc,
    The OS/2 Guy spake unto us, saying:

    >Richard Steiner wrote:
    >
    >> Here in comp.os.os2.advocacy,
    >> "eCS Is A Ripoff" spake unto us, saying:
    >>
    >>>When they talked me into buying eComstation they said it was the new
    >>>"Warp 5" but when I got it and read what was in it, I found out it has
    >>>an older version of OS/2. They scammed me again!

    >> I have never seen anyone claim that eCS is "Warp 5" except in your
    >> own postings here on USENET.

    >I don't know that this guy has ever posted to these newsgroups
    >before much less "except in your own postings here...".

    He the the only person I've seen make any claims about "Warp 5".

    --
    -Rich Steiner >>>---> http://www.visi.com/~rsteiner >>>---> Smyrna, GA USA
    The Theorem Theorem: If If, Then Then.

  3. Re: eCS Has Older OS/2!

    Richard Steiner wrote:
    > Here in comp.os.os2.misc,
    > The OS/2 Guy spake unto us, saying:
    >
    >>Richard Steiner wrote:
    >>
    >>>Here in comp.os.os2.advocacy,
    >>>"eCS Is A Ripoff" spake unto us, saying:

    >>>I have never seen anyone claim that eCS is "Warp 5" except in your
    >>>own postings here on USENET.

    >>I don't know that this guy has ever posted to these newsgroups
    >>before much less "except in your own postings here...".

    > He the the only person I've seen make any claims about "Warp 5".

    Obviously you invoke selective reading habits. Bury your head in
    the sand. Google keeps a fine archive and the truth can be found
    there time and again.

  4. Re: [FUD4] eCS Has Older OS/2!

    Here in comp.os.os2.ecomstation,
    The OS/2 Guy spake unto us, saying:

    >Richard Steiner wrote:
    >
    >> He the the only person I've seen make any claims about "Warp 5".

    >Obviously you invoke selective reading habits.

    Duh, Tim. That's what my score file is for. :-)

    --
    -Rich Steiner >>>---> http://www.visi.com/~rsteiner >>>---> Smyrna, GA USA
    The Theorem Theorem: If If, Then Then.

+ Reply to Thread