Consumers Reject eCS - AGAIN! - OS2

This is a discussion on Consumers Reject eCS - AGAIN! - OS2 ; Randall Taylor, eCS Luser, complained on Tuesday, April 5, 2005:: "eComStation didn't detect the sound card ..." "I then learned that the Thinkpad audio drivers cannot install with the new [eComStation] minstall." "Looking at the Crystal install files I found ...

  1. Consumers Reject eCS - AGAIN!

    Randall Taylor, eCS Luser, complained on Tuesday, April 5, 2005::

    "eComStation didn't detect the sound card ..."

    "I then learned that the Thinkpad audio drivers cannot install with the
    new [eComStation] minstall."

    "Looking at the Crystal install files I found a comment that the winos2
    support was taken out of [eComStation] ..."

    "VoiceType will freeze when the desktop gets the focus unless ... Styler
    options are turned off."

    "The laserjet drivers supplied with eComStation can't print in landscape
    mode. The drivers from IBM's device driver pak online must be used instead,"

    "The ... install cannot detect that multimedia support is installed and
    will only install basic modem functions. This means no fax modem support."

    "I get the error "cannot find system clock process" when I attempt to
    open the system clock ..."

    Followed soon after by:

    Thorolf Godawa, another eCS Luser, publicly admitted on Thursday, April
    7, 2005, to the dismay of other eCS investors that:

    "In business eCS is nearly not existing, even in Germany there are ...
    no eCS-projects at all!

    eCS as update from OS/2 is ... for home-users but has no relevance in
    business and SVista ... is ... far, far away from beinig ready to be
    used in business!"

    Thorolf was then thorougly rebuked, personally attacked and ridiculed
    and chastised for posting these facts publicly. "If you want your
    investment to grow you must keep your complaints to yourself!" In
    short, "Lie like crazy to the potential customer. Never tell them the
    truth about the product. The only way we can con these people is to
    claim we have a better product then IBM and shame them into investing.

  2. Re: Consumers Reject eCS - AGAIN!

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > Randall Taylor, eCS Luser, complained on Tuesday, April 5, 2005::
    >
    > "eComStation didn't detect the sound card ..."
    >
    > "I then learned that the Thinkpad audio drivers cannot install with the
    > new [eComStation] minstall."
    >
    > "Looking at the Crystal install files I found a comment that the winos2
    > support was taken out of [eComStation] ..."
    >
    > "VoiceType will freeze when the desktop gets the focus unless ... Styler
    > options are turned off."
    >
    > "The laserjet drivers supplied with eComStation can't print in landscape
    > mode. The drivers from IBM's device driver pak online must be used
    > instead,"
    >
    > "The ... install cannot detect that multimedia support is installed and
    > will only install basic modem functions. This means no fax modem support."
    >
    > "I get the error "cannot find system clock process" when I attempt to
    > open the system clock ..."
    >
    > Followed soon after by:
    >
    > Thorolf Godawa, another eCS Luser, publicly admitted on Thursday, April
    > 7, 2005, to the dismay of other eCS investors that:
    >
    > "In business eCS is nearly not existing, even in Germany there are ...
    > no eCS-projects at all!
    >
    > eCS as update from OS/2 is ... for home-users but has no relevance in
    > business and SVista ... is ... far, far away from beinig ready to be
    > used in business!"
    >
    > Thorolf was then thorougly rebuked, personally attacked and ridiculed
    > and chastised for posting these facts publicly. "If you want your
    > investment to grow you must keep your complaints to yourself!" In
    > short, "Lie like crazy to the potential customer. Never tell them the
    > truth about the product. The only way we can con these people is to
    > claim we have a better product then IBM and shame them into investing.

    Cant you really think of anything else to do???????????? Couldn't
    you just go and do something reasonable instead of this?

    Tero

  3. Re: Consumers Reject eCS - AGAIN!

    Tero Kaarlela wrote:
    > The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >
    >> Randall Taylor, eCS Luser, complained on Tuesday, April 5, 2005::
    >>
    >> "eComStation didn't detect the sound card ..."
    >>
    >> "I then learned that the Thinkpad audio drivers cannot install with
    >> the new [eComStation] minstall."
    >>
    >> "Looking at the Crystal install files I found a comment that the
    >> winos2 support was taken out of [eComStation] ..."
    >>
    >> "VoiceType will freeze when the desktop gets the focus unless ...
    >> Styler options are turned off."
    >>
    >> "The laserjet drivers supplied with eComStation can't print in
    >> landscape mode. The drivers from IBM's device driver pak online must
    >> be used instead,"
    >>
    >> "The ... install cannot detect that multimedia support is installed
    >> and will only install basic modem functions. This means no fax modem
    >> support."
    >>
    >> "I get the error "cannot find system clock process" when I attempt to
    >> open the system clock ..."
    >>
    >> Followed soon after by:
    >>
    >> Thorolf Godawa, another eCS Luser, publicly admitted on Thursday,
    >> April 7, 2005, to the dismay of other eCS investors that:
    >>
    >> "In business eCS is nearly not existing, even in Germany there are ...
    >> no eCS-projects at all!
    >>
    >> eCS as update from OS/2 is ... for home-users but has no relevance in
    >> business and SVista ... is ... far, far away from beinig ready to be
    >> used in business!"
    >>
    >> Thorolf was then thorougly rebuked, personally attacked and ridiculed
    >> and chastised for posting these facts publicly. "If you want your
    >> investment to grow you must keep your complaints to yourself!" In
    >> short, "Lie like crazy to the potential customer. Never tell them the
    >> truth about the product. The only way we can con these people is to
    >> claim we have a better product then IBM and shame them into investing.

    > Cant you really think of anything else to do????????????

    I do many things and I think all the time.

    > Couldn't you
    > just go and do something reasonable instead of this?

    Alerting the unsuspecting to a scam is reasonable. It's an outright
    honorable duty. Maybe you'd be stupid enough to believe the
    the butcher revealed to be selling "horse nut patties" and claiming
    it is "sirloin hamburger".

    You want reasonable? Turn to the eCS Lusers and ask them
    to cease and desist posting off-topic eCS crap in the OS/2
    newsgroups. It doesn't belong there. It never belonged
    there.

    Now quit whining and learn to use a filter if you don't want
    to read the truth about eCS because the *real* OS/2 community
    is not going to roll over and spread their cheeks so the eCS
    luser can pork 'em with his tiny nubby.

  4. Re: Consumers Reject eCS - AGAIN!

    Andy Staszko wrote:
    > It's "rant-o-matic" again.

    Po poo poor Andy. He can't stand the truth about his beloved eCS.
    Get over to those eCS Yahoo Groups Andy and warn these guys
    to stop reporting problems with eCS in the public forums. Every time
    they do we're gonna broadcast it in every eCS newsgroup!

    It's a piece of crap Andy. Live with it!

    > Andy Staszko
    >
    > The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >
    >> Randall Taylor, eCS Luser, complained on Tuesday, April 5, 2005::
    >>
    >> "eComStation didn't detect the sound card ..."
    >>
    >> "I then learned that the Thinkpad audio drivers cannot install with
    >> the new [eComStation] minstall."
    >>
    >> "Looking at the Crystal install files I found a comment that the
    >> winos2 support was taken out of [eComStation] ..."
    >>
    >> "VoiceType will freeze when the desktop gets the focus unless ...
    >> Styler options are turned off."
    >>
    >> "The laserjet drivers supplied with eComStation can't print in
    >> landscape mode. The drivers from IBM's device driver pak online must
    >> be used instead,"
    >>
    >> "The ... install cannot detect that multimedia support is installed
    >> and will only install basic modem functions. This means no fax modem
    >> support."
    >>
    >> "I get the error "cannot find system clock process" when I attempt to
    >> open the system clock ..."
    >>
    >> Followed soon after by:
    >>
    >> Thorolf Godawa, another eCS Luser, publicly admitted on Thursday,
    >> April 7, 2005, to the dismay of other eCS investors that:
    >>
    >> "In business eCS is nearly not existing, even in Germany there are ...
    >> no eCS-projects at all!
    >>
    >> eCS as update from OS/2 is ... for home-users but has no relevance in
    >> business and SVista ... is ... far, far away from beinig ready to be
    >> used in business!"
    >>
    >> Thorolf was then thorougly rebuked, personally attacked and ridiculed
    >> and chastised for posting these facts publicly. "If you want your
    >> investment to grow you must keep your complaints to yourself!" In
    >> short, "Lie like crazy to the potential customer. Never tell them the
    >> truth about the product. The only way we can con these people is to
    >> claim we have a better product then IBM and shame them into investing.

+ Reply to Thread