Norman AV - OS2

This is a discussion on Norman AV - OS2 ; The utilities which come with Norman, are running if you use Ibm java 131 from 2002, they are not running if you use Ibm java 131 from 2004, and are running with Innotek java 142_05. Did someone else notice this? ...

  1. Norman AV

    --

    Kind Regards, Dieter.
    Posted by news://news.nb.nu

  2. Re: Norman AV

    On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 17:39:39 UTC, Dieter@wixs.nl (DiiN) wrote:

    -> The utilities which come with Norman, are running if you use
    -> Ibm java 131 from 2002, they are not running if you use
    -> Ibm java 131 from 2004, and are running with Innotek
    -> java 142_05.
    -> Did someone else notice this?
    ->

    Running the latest Norman here and the utilities work with the
    following:

    [D:\]java -version
    java version "1.3.1"
    Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.1)
    Classic VM (build 1.3.1, J2RE 1.3.1 IBM build co131-20040517a (JIT
    enabled: jitc))

    Mark

    --
    From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

    http://www.os2voice.org
    Warpstock 2005, Where?/When? Stay tuned to - http://www.warpstock.org

  3. Re: Norman AV

    DiiN wrote:
    > The utilities which come with Norman, are running if you use
    > Ibm java 131 from 2002, they are not running if you use
    > Ibm java 131 from 2004, and are running with Innotek
    > java 142_05.
    > Did someone else notice this?

    You should use OS/2. You don't need an anti-virus program
    with OS/2. You should also get out of the OS/2 newsgroups
    and post your observation in the alt.kooks newsgroup.

    Thanks for your assistance.

  4. Re: Norman AV

    In een pots ,
    "Mark Dodel" schreef:

    >[D:\]java -version
    >java version "1.3.1"
    >Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.1)
    >Classic VM (build 1.3.1, J2RE 1.3.1 IBM build co131-20040517a (JIT
    >enabled: jitc))

    This is still another version i have:
    [F:\java131\jre\bin]java -version
    java version "1.3.1"
    Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.1)
    Classic VM (build 1.3.1, J2RE 1.3.1 IBM build co131-20041210 (JIT enabled: jitc)

    Norman Utilities are not working with this java version.
    But i now made Innotek java version 142_5 my default.
    The Task editor and Config editor work fine, and the Utilities i have to start
    twice for some dark reason.
    Because i want to get rid of all those java versions.
    One version is enough for me :-).

    Kind Regards, Dieter.

    --

    If someone feels she/he has to send an abuse to prserv.net, don't forget to
    ad the data behind the X-Trace line, which is in every prserv.net msg.

  5. Re: Norman AV

    DiiN wrote:

    --
    > If someone feels she/he has to send an abuse to prserv.net, don't

    forget to
    > ad the data behind the X-Trace line, which is in every prserv.net msg.
    > Posted by news://news.nb.nu

    Of course, someone would have to have an actual account accountable
    to prserv.net as prserv.net pays no attention to fanatics who file whining
    complaints against non-customers.

    LOL! You're a gasbag DiiN! Lotsa laughs!

  6. Re: Norman AV [FUD4]

    On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 10:07:44 UTC, Dieter wrote:

    Just ignore the mentally deficient troll. The troll was just
    moderated on the thinkpads.com forum because of his constantly spewing
    the same garbage. He then made threats to the forum moderator and
    then stuck his tail between his legs and said he'd crawl back under
    that rock he came from. Even these people who had no idea who the
    loon was saw through his nonsense. See the
    http://www.mr2ice.com/TMFaq/

    Mark

    --
    From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

    http://www.os2voice.org
    Warpstock 2005, Where?/When? Stay tuned to - http://www.warpstock.org

  7. Re: Norman AV [FUD4]

    In een pots ,
    "Mark Dodel" schreef:

    >Just ignore the mentally deficient troll.

    Of course, you are right. It is enough if he talks to oneself.
    His threats here, for spamming every OS2 group, was
    good for an abuse to prserv.net.
    He got a warning for his account.

    Kind Regards, Dieter.

    --

    If someone feels she/he has to send an abuse to prserv.net, don't forget to
    ad the data behind the X-Trace line, which is in every prserv.net msg.
    Posted by news://news.nb.nu

  8. Re: Norman AV

    DiiN wrote:
    > In een pots ,
    > "Dodie Dodel, the eCS Whiner" schreef:
    >
    >>Just ignore the mentally deficient troll.

    That's the rub Dodie. No one can 'ignore' The OS/2 Guy!

    > Of course, you are right. It is enough if he talks to oneself.

    Odd, you're here talking to me again and again. You're
    quite the little liar, aren't you DiiN?

    > His threats here, for spamming every OS2 group, was
    > good for an abuse to prserv.net.

    LOL! And what are THEY gonna do?

    > He got a warning for his account.

    Big Fat Liar. I don't have an account with them. You eCS
    Lusers spend most of your time puffing and lying to the OS/2
    community. You can understand why no one is buying
    into eCS.