Mr. Message (AIM client) 4/3/2005 update - OS2

This is a discussion on Mr. Message (AIM client) 4/3/2005 update - OS2 ; Mr. Message for OS/2 is an instant messenger client which is capable of communicating over AOL's Instant Messenger network using the OSCAR protocol (used in the Win32 AIM clients, jBuddy, gAIM, Kopete, ICQ, and a variety of other clients). It ...

  1. Mr. Message (AIM client) 4/3/2005 update

    Mr. Message for OS/2 is an instant messenger client which is capable of
    communicating over AOL's Instant Messenger network using the OSCAR
    protocol (used in the Win32 AIM clients, jBuddy, gAIM, Kopete, ICQ, and
    a variety of other clients).

    It has been updated with the following changes:

    * Splash screen is now controlled by the "Logo" setting in your OS/2
    System Settings object.
    * Changed so that the Session Manager is made visible again when a
    session which had "Auto Minimize" set has failed to start up.
    * Put a 16 character length limit on the password to conform to AOL
    limitations.
    * Fixed password encoding in INI file to prevent truncation of passwords
    with an ampersand ("&") in the second position or a "9" in the fifth
    position. (Eg: "b&dp9ssword")
    * Fixed login sequence for better error tolerance and recognition.
    * Fixed a small memory leak when another user's screen name is
    reformatted with spaces.
    * Fixed possible error message pop-up for automatically added duplicate
    buddy.

    To download, please visit the new official Mr. Message web page:
    http://mamodeo.dyndns.org/MrMessage

    If anyone has any new suggestions for the REXX interface or has written
    some REXX scripts that they think can be generally useful, I'd love to
    hear about them.

    I will continue to post updates to USENET as well as updating the web page.

  2. Re: Mr. Message (AIM client) 4/3/2005 update

    Marty wrote:
    > Mr. Message for OS/2 is an instant messenger client which is capable of
    > communicating over AOL's Instant Messenger network using the OSCAR
    > protocol (used in the Win32 AIM clients, jBuddy, gAIM, Kopete, ICQ, and
    > a variety of other clients).
    >
    > It has been updated with the following changes:
    >
    > * Splash screen is now controlled by the "Logo" setting in your OS/2
    > System Settings object.
    > * Changed so that the Session Manager is made visible again when a
    > session which had "Auto Minimize" set has failed to start up.
    > * Put a 16 character length limit on the password to conform to AOL
    > limitations.
    > * Fixed password encoding in INI file to prevent truncation of passwords
    > with an ampersand ("&") in the second position or a "9" in the fifth
    > position. (Eg: "b&dp9ssword")
    > * Fixed login sequence for better error tolerance and recognition.
    > * Fixed a small memory leak when another user's screen name is
    > reformatted with spaces.
    > * Fixed possible error message pop-up for automatically added duplicate
    > buddy.
    >
    > To download, please visit the new official Mr. Message web page:
    > http://mamodeo.dyndns.org/MrMessage
    >
    > If anyone has any new suggestions for the REXX interface or has written
    > some REXX scripts that they think can be generally useful, I'd love to
    > hear about them.
    >
    > I will continue to post updates to USENET as well as updating the web page.

    I had an interesting message the other day from mrmessage.
    I had tried to add someone locally but they did not show online despite
    being online. They then sent me a message and I got a "What the hell am
    I looking at?". The message on the screen said I couldn't send a
    message to this person because they were offline. I had her send
    another and same message. Eventually I removed her name, restarted
    mrmessage and readded ok (she may have changed some settings as I wasn't
    the only person seeing her offline but she didn't admit to it).
    Andy

+ Reply to Thread