    mature. http://os2.kiev.ua/en/wv.php

    From: "Ruediger Ihle"

    EmperoarTV has been updated to version 1.08l.

    Changes:
    --------------
    - Experimental support for Temic 4049FM5 multistandard tuner
    - Fixed Mono/Stereo re-detection after channel change
    - Fixed "card not found" error after warm reboot
    - New driver option /P reduces idle power consumption
    (works for iTVC16 based cards i.e. PVR250-16 only)
    - Composite input on PVR250-16 now selectable
    - Screenshot function added
    - Some drag and drop support
    - Video window "always on top" option
    - Station logos can now be BMP, GIF and JPEG
    - new version of DVDPREP 0.0.6 (previous one was bad !)

    EmperoarTV brings support for the Hauppauge PVR250/350 TV cards to the
    OS/2 & eComStation platforms, including high quality MPEG2 hard disk
    recording and playback. For more details visit:

    The perfect home entertainment center:
    http://www.s-t.de/emperoar/

  2. [eCS SPAM] Re: TV/FM Receiver & Video Recorder Software for eComStation

    Jeramie Samphere wrote nothing but eCS spam:

    As warned previously these OS/2 newsgroups will become
    unreadable and awash in eCS complaints if eCS fanatics
    do not stop spamming the OS/2 newsgroups with false
    and misleading marketing statements for eComStation.

    You have been warned people. Put a stop to it or find
    your lives in these OS/2 newsgroups useless.

  3. Re: TV/FM Receiver & Video Recorder Software for eComStation

    I installed the new version, but it doesn't have any sound. Picture
    is fine. Sound works on everything else. I've got an Audigy2 with
    latest uniaud and unimix. PVR250 card. Sound worked on previous
    release.

    --

  4. Re: TV/FM Receiver & Video Recorder Software

    It's certainly correct that both are nice OS/2 software, but why do you
    Xpost this to .advocacy and .ecomstation, instead of only to .apps or
    better .multimedia where this belongs? (Please don't use newsgroups
    outside advocacy to provoke people.)

    Btw, I wanted to mail you this in private, but tds.net doesn't know
    about jksamphere...
    --
    Cheers,
    Peter.

  5. Re: TV/FM Receiver & Video Recorder Software for eComStation

    Mark,

    Did you email them about this? emperoarNOSPAM@s-t.de

    Mark Klebanoff wrote:
    > I installed the new version, but it doesn't have any sound. Picture
    > is fine. Sound works on everything else. I've got an Audigy2 with
    > latest uniaud and unimix. PVR250 card. Sound worked on previous
    > release.
    >
    > On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 14:57:29 UTC, Jeramie Samphere
    > wrote:
    >

    >>This is very nice! Good to see great software like this and WarpVision
    >>mature. http://os2.kiev.ua/en/wv.php
    >>
    >>From: "Ruediger Ihle"
    >>
    >>EmperoarTV has been updated to version 1.08l.
    >>
    >>Changes:
    >>--------------
    >>- Experimental support for Temic 4049FM5 multistandard tuner
    >>- Fixed Mono/Stereo re-detection after channel change
    >>- Fixed "card not found" error after warm reboot
    >>- New driver option /P reduces idle power consumption
    >>(works for iTVC16 based cards i.e. PVR250-16 only)
    >>- Composite input on PVR250-16 now selectable
    >>- Screenshot function added
    >>- Some drag and drop support
    >>- Video window "always on top" option
    >>- Station logos can now be BMP, GIF and JPEG
    >>- new version of DVDPREP 0.0.6 (previous one was bad !)
    >>
    >>EmperoarTV brings support for the Hauppauge PVR250/350 TV cards to the
    >>OS/2 & eComStation platforms, including high quality MPEG2 hard disk
    >>recording and playback. For more details visit:
    >>
    >>The perfect home entertainment center:
    >>http://www.s-t.de/emperoar/

  6. Re: TV/FM Receiver & Video Recorder Software for eComStation

    I've posted a message on the message board, but I'll mail them as well.
    Rudi is usually good about responding.

    Jeramie Samphere wrote:
    > Mark,
    >
    > Did you email them about this? emperoarNOSPAM@s-t.de
    >

    > Mark Klebanoff wrote:
    >
    >> I installed the new version, but it doesn't have any sound. Picture
    >> is fine. Sound works on everything else. I've got an Audigy2 with
    >> latest uniaud and unimix. PVR250 card. Sound worked on previous
    >> release.
    >>
    >> On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 14:57:29 UTC, Jeramie Samphere
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>> This is very nice! Good to see great software like this and
    >>> WarpVision mature. http://os2.kiev.ua/en/wv.php
    >>>
    >>> From: "Ruediger Ihle"
    >>>
    >>> EmperoarTV has been updated to version 1.08l.
    >>>
    >>> Changes:
    >>> --------------
    >>> - Experimental support for Temic 4049FM5 multistandard tuner
    >>> - Fixed Mono/Stereo re-detection after channel change
    >>> - Fixed "card not found" error after warm reboot
    >>> - New driver option /P reduces idle power consumption
    >>> (works for iTVC16 based cards i.e. PVR250-16 only)
    >>> - Composite input on PVR250-16 now selectable
    >>> - Screenshot function added
    >>> - Some drag and drop support
    >>> - Video window "always on top" option
    >>> - Station logos can now be BMP, GIF and JPEG
    >>> - new version of DVDPREP 0.0.6 (previous one was bad !)
    >>>
    >>> EmperoarTV brings support for the Hauppauge PVR250/350 TV cards to
    >>> the OS/2 & eComStation platforms, including high quality MPEG2 hard
    >>> disk recording and playback. For more details visit:
    >>>
    >>> The perfect home entertainment center:
    >>> http://www.s-t.de/emperoar/

  7. Re: TV/FM Receiver & Video Recorder Software for eComStation

    Apparently changing the output profile to DVD standard or DVD high
    quality fixes it. Sound doesn't work in DVD long and ultra long

    --

  8. Re: TV/FM Receiver & Video Recorder Software for eComStation

    In article ,
    maxikins@spamless.os2bbs.com says...

    Why is it that this page *never* seems to work? It doesn't load on
    Firefox or IE?

    For the "perfect" home entertainmenet center, which is laughable, the
    website never actually appears to be up.
    --
    --------------------------------------
    David H. McCoy

    --------------------------------------

  9. Re: TV/FM Receiver & Video Recorder Software for eComStation

    On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 01:34:27 UTC, David H. McCoy
    wrote:

    > In article ,
    > maxikins@spamless.os2bbs.com says...

    > Why is it that this page *never* seems to work? It doesn't load on
    > Firefox or IE?
    >
    > For the "perfect" home entertainmenet center, which is laughable, the
    > website never actually appears to be up.

    It is probably a problem with your system

    The site loads fine on Firefox and Mozilla running on OS/2 and has
    every time I look at it (including about 30 seconds ago

    --
    Lorne Sunley

  10. Re: TV/FM Receiver & Video Recorder Software for eComStation

    In article eGeEv1crWu4k@S01060080c8f879e3.wp.shawcable.net>,
    lsunley@mb.sympatico.ca says...
    > On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 01:34:27 UTC, David H. McCoy
    > wrote:
    >
    > > In article ,
    > > maxikins@spamless.os2bbs.com says...

    > > Why is it that this page *never* seems to work? It doesn't load on
    > > Firefox or IE?
    > >
    > > For the "perfect" home entertainmenet center, which is laughable, the
    > > website never actually appears to be up.

    > It is probably a problem with your system
    >
    > The site loads fine on Firefox and Mozilla running on OS/2 and has
    > every time I look at it (including about 30 seconds ago

    Every other site I try works. I write web applications for living. It is
    inconceivable that something on my system, the client system, would
    cause a page not found and not fail on ANY other page I've tried.

    --
    --------------------------------------
    David H. McCoy

    --------------------------------------

  11. Re: TV/FM Receiver & Video Recorder Software for eComStation

    In article eGeEv1crWu4k@S01060080c8f879e3.wp.shawcable.net>,
    lsunley@mb.sympatico.ca says...
    > On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 01:34:27 UTC, David H. McCoy
    > wrote:
    >
    > > In article ,
    > > maxikins@spamless.os2bbs.com says...

    > > Why is it that this page *never* seems to work? It doesn't load on
    > > Firefox or IE?
    > >
    > > For the "perfect" home entertainmenet center, which is laughable, the
    > > website never actually appears to be up.

    > It is probably a problem with your system
    >
    > The site loads fine on Firefox and Mozilla running on OS/2 and has
    > every time I look at it (including about 30 seconds ago

    BTW, still not working...
    --
    --------------------------------------
    David H. McCoy

    --------------------------------------

  12. Re: TV/FM Receiver & Video Recorder Software for eComStation

    In article , fake@mail.com
    says...
    > In article > eGeEv1crWu4k@S01060080c8f879e3.wp.shawcable.net>,
    > lsunley@mb.sympatico.ca says...
    > > On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 01:34:27 UTC, David H. McCoy
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > > In article ,
    > > > maxikins@spamless.os2bbs.com says...

    > > > Why is it that this page *never* seems to work? It doesn't load on
    > > > Firefox or IE?
    > > >
    > > > For the "perfect" home entertainmenet center, which is laughable, the
    > > > website never actually appears to be up.

    > > It is probably a problem with your system
    > >
    > > The site loads fine on Firefox and Mozilla running on OS/2 and has
    > > every time I look at it (including about 30 seconds ago
    > >

    > Every other site I try works. I write web applications for living. It is
    > inconceivable that something on my system, the client system, would
    > cause a page not found and not fail on ANY other page I've tried.

    Assuming, of course, no DNS issues or some such. :-) I'm not, for the
    record, saying it doesn't exist, but I am questioning the availability
    of the site.

    I have a PVR and I am honestly interested in any such application. I
    follow Meedio, MythPC, and others and am interested in screenshots,
    feature set, etc.

    What is the deal with the site???
    --
    --------------------------------------
    David H. McCoy

    --------------------------------------

  13. Re: TV/FM Receiver & Video Recorder Software for eComStation

    In article , fake@mail.com
    says...
    > In article , fake@mail.com
    > says...
    > > In article > > eGeEv1crWu4k@S01060080c8f879e3.wp.shawcable.net>,
    > > lsunley@mb.sympatico.ca says...

    > > > It is probably a problem with your system
    > > >
    > > > The site loads fine on Firefox and Mozilla running on OS/2 and has
    > > > every time I look at it (including about 30 seconds ago
    > > >

    > > Every other site I try works. I write web applications for living. It is
    > > inconceivable that something on my system, the client system, would
    > > cause a page not found and not fail on ANY other page I've tried.
    > >

    > Assuming, of course, no DNS issues or some such. :-) I'm not, for the
    > record, saying it doesn't exist, but I am questioning the availability
    > of the site.
    >
    > I have a PVR and I am honestly interested in any such application. I
    > follow Meedio, MythPC, and others and am interested in screenshots,
    > feature set, etc.
    >
    > What is the deal with the site???
    > --
    > --------------------------------------
    > David H. McCoy
    >

    > --------------------------------------

    Hmmmm...I finally Remoted desktop connected to my work machine over my
    VPN and got in.

    Hmmmm... Perhaps it is my system. :-) I'll have to check my firewall
    settings...
    --
    --------------------------------------
    David H. McCoy

    --------------------------------------

  14. Re: TV/FM Receiver & Video Recorder Software for eComStation

    In article , fake@mail.com
    says...
    Okay, I have to say. This thing is pretty primitive. Not an indictment
    of OS/2, but this software is woeful compared to the other offerings.

    As far as I can tell,
    no timeshifting
    no multituner support
    no on-screen display
    no electronic programming guide
    no ability to save favorites
    no ability to connect to your directtv or cable provider
    no intelligent recording, the equivalent of the Tivo season pass
    no 10ft interface
    it just goes on.

    This software, as far as I can tell, it just record and displays.

    If you compare this to SageTV, BeyondTV, Meedio, GBRTV, MythTV,
    Showshifter, or even ATI's multimedia center(the most woeful of the
    lot), this software doesn't rate.

    --
    --------------------------------------
    David H. McCoy

    --------------------------------------

  15. Re: TV/FM Receiver & Video Recorder Software for eComStation

    search me-- it works here.

    wrote:

    > In article ,
    > maxikins@spamless.os2bbs.com says...

    > Why is it that this page *never* seems to work? It doesn't load on
    > Firefox or IE?
    >
    > For the "perfect" home entertainmenet center, which is laughable, the
    > website never actually appears to be up.

    --

  16. Re: TV/FM Receiver & Video Recorder Software for eComStation

    In article ,
    maxikins@spamless.os2bbs.com says...
    > search me-- it works here.
    >
    > On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 01:34:27 UTC, David H. McCoy
    > wrote:
    >
    > > In article ,
    > > maxikins@spamless.os2bbs.com says...

    > > Why is it that this page *never* seems to work? It doesn't load on
    > > Firefox or IE?
    > >
    > > For the "perfect" home entertainmenet center, which is laughable, the
    > > website never actually appears to be up.

    As Lorne said, it's something on my setup. I regret my hasty, happy-hour
    induced statements. It was a fun time, but it makes for poor
    technical analysis. I was able to reach to page by VPNing to my work
    machine(as a test) and getting to the page there.

    I'll have to check my firewall settings to see why a public site, I
    didn't explicitly(to my knowledge) is being blocked.

    However, I do stand by my assessment of the capabilities of the
    software. It is pretty rudimentary compared to the other players in the
    market.
    --
    --------------------------------------
    David H. McCoy

    --------------------------------------

  17. Re: TV/FM Receiver & Video Recorder Software for eComStation

    On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 17:27:01 UTC, David H. McCoy wrote:

    > However, I do stand by my assessment of the capabilities of the
    > software. It is pretty rudimentary compared to the other players in the
    > market.

    As there are no other OS/2 apps that do what Emperoar does, I think it
    does pretty well...
    --
    Greetings, ^
    Peter.

  18. Re: TV/FM Receiver & Video Recorder Software for eComStation

    In article ,
    P.M.Weilbacher@durham.ac.uk says...
    > On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 17:27:01 UTC, David H. McCoy wrote:
    >
    > > However, I do stand by my assessment of the capabilities of the
    > > software. It is pretty rudimentary compared to the other players in the
    > > market.

    > As there are no other OS/2 apps that do what Emperoar does, I think it
    > does pretty well...

    Of course. However, the original most boast this as the perfect
    entertainment system.

    It is better than nothing, but it is lightyears behind other systems. If
    you want to view shows with an encoder and you are using OS/2, this is
    your best bet.

    If, however, you want a true PVR, or HTPC, this program and OS/2 is not
    your best bet, but the worse.
    --
    --------------------------------------
    David H. McCoy

    --------------------------------------

  19. Re: TV/FM Receiver & Video Recorder Software for eComStation

    In article , fake@mail.com
    says...
    > In article > eGeEv1crWu4k@S01060080c8f879e3.wp.shawcable.net>,
    > lsunley@mb.sympatico.ca says...
    > > On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 01:34:27 UTC, David H. McCoy
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > > In article ,
    > > > maxikins@spamless.os2bbs.com says...

    > > > Why is it that this page *never* seems to work? It doesn't load on
    > > > Firefox or IE?
    > > >
    > > > For the "perfect" home entertainmenet center, which is laughable, the
    > > > website never actually appears to be up.

    > > It is probably a problem with your system
    > >
    > > The site loads fine on Firefox and Mozilla running on OS/2 and has
    > > every time I look at it (including about 30 seconds ago
    > >

    > Every other site I try works. I write web applications for living. It is
    > inconceivable that something on my system, the client system, would
    > cause a page not found and not fail on ANY other page I've tried.

    While I've already addressed this in a followup, I'm prepared for the
    volley of slings my happy hour induced haste caused. I'm aware that
    there can be many causes as to why a page won't show up, but I was a
    little quick of trigger on this particular statement.

    Have at it! :-)
    --
    --------------------------------------
    David H. McCoy

    --------------------------------------

  20. Re: TV/FM Receiver & Video Recorder Software for eComStation

    David H. McCoy wrote:
    > In article ,
    > maxikins@spamless.os2bbs.com says...
    >
    >>search me-- it works here.
    >>
    >>On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 01:34:27 UTC, David H. McCoy
    >>wrote:
    >>

    >>>In article ,
    >>>maxikins@spamless.os2bbs.com says...

    >>>Why is it that this page *never* seems to work? It doesn't load on
    >>>Firefox or IE?
    >>>
    >>>For the "perfect" home entertainmenet center, which is laughable, the
    >>>website never actually appears to be up.

    > As Lorne said, it's something on my setup. I regret my hasty, happy-hour
    > induced statements. It was a fun time, but it makes for poor
    > technical analysis. I was able to reach to page by VPNing to my work
    > machine(as a test) and getting to the page there.
    >
    > I'll have to check my firewall settings to see why a public site, I
    > didn't explicitly(to my knowledge) is being blocked.
    >
    > However, I do stand by my assessment of the capabilities of the
    > software. It is pretty rudimentary compared to the other players in the
    > market.

    I haven't used Emperorar TV for OS/2 (yet) but just based on a quick
    look at the screenshots it obviously has the ability to do the
    timeshifting recording that you claim is absent. Most of what I want
    the hardware/software to do, though, is to convert analog video to
    digital which seems to be well within its capabilities. Emerorar TV
    also has a significant feature that none of the Windows programs
    have...it runs on OS/2 which means that it can record on OS/2 volumes
    using OS/2 file systems and volume management.

    --
    Posted with OS/2 Warp 4.52
    and IBM Web Browser v2.0.4

+ Reply to Thread