Registering eCS - OS2

This is a discussion on Registering eCS - OS2 ; I paid for a copy of eCS before v1.0 came out but I've never registered and so never got the release version. Can I still do that and where can I? I tried the Mensys URL which came with the ...

  1. Registering eCS

    I paid for a copy of eCS before v1.0 came out but I've never registered
    and so never got the release version.

    Can I still do that and where can I?

    I tried the Mensys URL which came with the original registration letter
    but that doesn't work.

    Any advice would be appreciated.

  2. Re: Registering eCS

    jp wrote:
    > I paid for a copy of eCS before v1.0 came out but I've never registered
    > and so never got the release version.
    >
    > Can I still do that and where can I?
    >
    > I tried the Mensys URL which came with the original registration letter
    > but that doesn't work.
    >
    > Any advice would be appreciated.

    AFAIR the pre-1.0 beta was at a lower price, and included a discount
    (for the amount of the beta) to the final 1.0. If you skipped that step,
    you actually don't own a valid license to eCS (as the license for the
    beta was only valid until 1.0 went GA)... but I can be wrong here.
    You might ask Mensys about it, maybe maybe they'll offer you a discount
    to eCS 1.2 (as 1.0 isn't available any more).

  3. Re: Registering eCS

    jp wrote:
    > I paid for a copy of eCS before v1.0 came out but I've never registered
    > and so never got the release version.

    That should not have been necessary. You pruchased 1.0 GA and would have
    received the eComStation "preview" as a placeholder until GA product
    started shipping. The "preview" included GA products, including the OS/2
    4.51 GA, SS 1.5 GA, HOBLink GA, etc.

    The eComStation GA product would have been shipped to you automatically,
    whether or not you registered. Registration would only have been
    necessary to download updagtes and fixes, not to receive the product.

    Do you have any documentation related to your purchase?

    > Can I still do that and where can I?

    Yes. http://www.ecomstation.com/ecsdb/register.php

    Regards,
    Bob St.John
    Serenity Systems International

  4. Re: Registering eCS

    Jeroen Besse wrote:
    > jp wrote:
    >
    >> I paid for a copy of eCS before v1.0 came out but I've never
    >> registered and so never got the release version.
    >>
    >> Can I still do that and where can I?
    >>
    >> I tried the Mensys URL which came with the original registration
    >> letter but that doesn't work.
    >>
    >> Any advice would be appreciated.

    > AFAIR the pre-1.0 beta was at a lower price, and included a discount
    > (for the amount of the beta) to the final 1.0.

    Your recollection is in error. There was no beta for sale, and folks
    didn't purchase the Preview, either. Only the GA was for sale, and users
    were shipped a copy of the Preview for their use. There was promotional
    pricing in effect ($139), the SRP was $239.

    Regards,
    Bob St.John
    Serenity Systems International

  5. Re: Registering eCS

    Bob StJohn wrote:
    > Jeroen Besse wrote:
    >
    >> jp wrote:
    >>
    >>> I paid for a copy of eCS before v1.0 came out but I've never
    >>> registered and so never got the release version.
    >>>
    >>> Can I still do that and where can I?
    >>>
    >>> I tried the Mensys URL which came with the original registration
    >>> letter but that doesn't work.
    >>>
    >>> Any advice would be appreciated.

    >> AFAIR the pre-1.0 beta was at a lower price, and included a discount
    >> (for the amount of the beta) to the final 1.0.

    > Your recollection is in error. There was no beta for sale, and folks
    > didn't purchase the Preview, either. Only the GA was for sale, and users
    > were shipped a copy of the Preview for their use. There was promotional
    > pricing in effect ($139), the SRP was $239.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Bob St.John
    > Serenity Systems International

    Thanks for correcting me.