OS2eCS Organization Purchases eComStation(tm) v1.2 - OS2

This is a discussion on OS2eCS Organization Purchases eComStation(tm) v1.2 - OS2 ; Today we are pleased to announce that we have purchased eComStation(tm) v1.2 for use in our new server project. ( http://www.os2ecs.org/newserver.html ) This new server will host a new hobbes software repository service. The service will provide mirroring of the ...

  1. OS2eCS Organization Purchases eComStation(tm) v1.2

    Today we are pleased to announce that we have purchased eComStation(tm)
    v1.2 for use in our new server project. (
    http://www.os2ecs.org/newserver.html )

    This new server will host a new hobbes software repository service. The
    service will provide mirroring of the existing hobbes (hobbes.nmsu.edu)
    and be positioned to be available if the existing hobbes should
    disappear. This strategy ensures that this important resource is
    protected and that our "eggs are not in one basket".

    Our decision to use eComStation(tm) as our base server solution is based
    on the reliability and security of the platform. eComStation(tm) gives
    us a scaleable platform that is flexible and provides excellent
    management abilities. At the OS2eCS Organization we are committed to
    utilizing OS/2 Technologies as they provide powerful solutions for our
    information technology needs.

    We believe eComStation(tm) is an excellent choice for a server operating
    platform. The TCP/IP stack is BSD v4.4 compliant offering a built-in
    fire wall with IPSEC. The base OS/2 kernel with its highly efficient
    multitasking and multithreading, provides a secure-high performance base
    to run Internet Services. The upcoming release of eComStation(tm) v2.0
    will offer an advanced configuration utility to unleash the power of the
    built-in fire wall. With Serenity Systems International committed to
    continual enhancements and support, eComStation(tm) is an excellent
    choice! OpenSSH/2 and Security/2 ( http://os2.kiev.ua/en/sses.php )
    combined with eComStation(tm) allow us to deploy a multi-user system,
    allowing our supporting members to administer the new services with ease.

    The OS2eCS Organization is a nonprofit organization chartered to support
    and advocate OS/2(TM) and eComStation(tm)(TM) operating platforms using
    all resources at our disposal. The OS2eCS Organization is a nonaligned
    independent organization not affiliated with IBM or Serenity Systems
    International.

    Our organization was created to provide support services and resources
    to help users effectively utilize IBM's OS/2(tm) and Serenity System's
    eComStation(tm) operating platform. All are invited to join us! OS/2 and
    eComStation(tm) are the premier choice for desktop and server systems on
    the x86 platform, offering unmatched performance and power!
    eComStation(tm) is the clear choice for today's business users who
    demand productivity, ease of use, power and want to maximize their IT
    investments.

    Regards,
    Jeramie Samphere
    President,
    OS2eCS Organization
    www.os2ecs.org

  2. Re: OS2eCS Organization Purchases eComStation(tm) v1.2

    Stop spaming the IBM OS2 newsgroups samphere.

    BTW, there isn't one single ecs enterprise customer any where in the world who shares your opinion of ecs. -->That tells us that you are an idiot and ecs is not reliable at all.

    In , on 03/23/2005
    at 01:15 PM, Jeramie Samphere said:

    >Today we are pleased to announce that we have purchased eComStation(tm)
    >v1.2 for use in our new server project. (
    >http://www.os2ecs.org/newserver.html )

    >This new server will host a new hobbes software repository service. The
    >service will provide mirroring of the existing hobbes (hobbes.nmsu.edu)
    >and be positioned to be available if the existing hobbes should
    >disappear. This strategy ensures that this important resource is
    >protected and that our "eggs are not in one basket".

    >Our decision to use eComStation(tm) as our base server solution is based
    >on the reliability and security of the platform. eComStation(tm) gives
    >us a scaleable platform that is flexible and provides excellent
    >management abilities. At the OS2eCS Organization we are committed to
    >utilizing OS/2 Technologies as they provide powerful solutions for our
    >information technology needs.

    >We believe eComStation(tm) is an excellent choice for a server operating
    >platform. The TCP/IP stack is BSD v4.4 compliant offering a built-in
    >fire wall with IPSEC. The base OS/2 kernel with its highly efficient
    >multitasking and multithreading, provides a secure-high performance base
    >to run Internet Services. The upcoming release of eComStation(tm) v2.0
    >will offer an advanced configuration utility to unleash the power of the
    >built-in fire wall. With Serenity Systems International committed to
    >continual enhancements and support, eComStation(tm) is an excellent
    >choice! OpenSSH/2 and Security/2 ( http://os2.kiev.ua/en/sses.php )
    >combined with eComStation(tm) allow us to deploy a multi-user system,
    >allowing our supporting members to administer the new services with ease.

    >The OS2eCS Organization is a nonprofit organization chartered to support
    >and advocate OS/2(TM) and eComStation(tm)(TM) operating platforms using
    >all resources at our disposal. The OS2eCS Organization is a nonaligned
    >independent organization not affiliated with IBM or Serenity Systems
    >International.

    >Our organization was created to provide support services and resources
    >to help users effectively utilize IBM's OS/2(tm) and Serenity System's
    >eComStation(tm) operating platform. All are invited to join us! OS/2 and
    >eComStation(tm) are the premier choice for desktop and server systems on
    >the x86 platform, offering unmatched performance and power!
    >eComStation(tm) is the clear choice for today's business users who
    >demand productivity, ease of use, power and want to maximize their IT
    >investments.

    >Regards,
    >Jeramie Samphere
    >President,
    >OS2eCS Organization
    >www.os2ecs.org

  3. [eCS SPAM] Re: OS2eCS Organization Purchases eComStation(tm) v1.2

    Jeramie Samphere wrote:
    > Today we are pleased to announce that we have purchased eComStation

    This is nothing but blatant and illegal commercial spamming of
    the OS/2 newsgroups. If you believe you are helping your
    cause to 'sell' eCS then you are woefully mistaken.

    Your posting is inappropriate and inappropriate. Your desperation
    is pathetic.

    Please take this crap out of the OS/2 newsgroups or expect
    to face a daily onslaught of anti-eCS spam.

    Your are a known thief and con artist who doesn't use OS/2
    and is destroying any future hope of credibility for eComStation.

  4. [FUD4] Re: OS2eCS Organization Purchases eComStation(tm) v1.2

    In article <1Bj0e.17658$I16.12229@trndny03>, letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    > Stop spaming the IBM OS2 newsgroups samphere.

    Gosh...a representative of an OS/2 organization posts to an OS/2 advocacy
    newsgroup about using an OS/2 server to mirror a major OS/2 software site,
    and you don't think it is appropritate? How unsurprising.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  5. Re: Re: OS2eCS Organization Purchases eComStation(tm) v1.2

    In , on 03/24/2005
    at 11:16 PM, Tim Smith said:

    >In article <1Bj0e.17658$I16.12229@trndny03>, letoured@nospam.net wrote: >
    >Stop spaming the IBM OS2 newsgroups samphere.

    >Gosh...a representative of an OS/2 organization posts

    Listen up jerkoff; an ecs shill is not a OS2 representative. -->You are not an OS2 user smith. You are an ecs shill. You need to learn that ecs is not the same thing as OS2 from IBM. -->If it was, there would be some ecs enterprise customers, and sales of ecs would be enough to pay the minor annual taxes booby owes his state. It doesn't.

    to an OS/2 advocacy
    >newsgroup about using an OS/2 server to mirror a major OS/2 software
    >site, and you don't think it is appropritate? How unsurprising.

    samplhere tried to hijack Hobbes. His mirror isn't needed. He can't find a job, so he's playing at home with a PC. Deal with reality.

  6. Re: OS2eCS Organization Purchases eComStation(tm) v1.2

    In article , letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    > Listen up jerkoff; an ecs shill is not a OS2 representative. -->You are not
    > an OS2 user smith. You are an ecs shill. You need to learn that ecs is not
    > the same thing as OS2 from IBM. -->If it was, there would be some ecs
    > enterprise customers, and sales of ecs would be enough to pay the minor
    > annual taxes booby owes his state. It doesn't.

    I had no trouble finding eCS enterprise customers the first time you
    started making your ridiculous claims. If you would learn to use a
    search engine, you could find them, too.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  7. Re: OS2eCS Organization Purchases eComStation(tm) v1.2

    In , on 03/25/2005
    at 07:50 AM, Tim Smith said:

    >In article , letoured@nospam.net wrote: >
    >Listen up jerkoff; an ecs shill is not a OS2 representative. -->You are
    >not > an OS2 user smith. You are an ecs shill. You need to learn that
    >ecs is not > the same thing as OS2 from IBM. -->If it was, there would
    >be some ecs > enterprise customers, and sales of ecs would be enough to
    >pay the minor > annual taxes booby owes his state. It doesn't.

    >I had no trouble finding eCS enterprise customers the first time you
    >started making your ridiculous claims. If you would learn to use a
    >search engine, you could find them, too.

    Name one ecs enterprise customer?

    Hint 1: There are none --> and being the idiot that you are, don't have the first clue what an enterprise customer is. Hint 2: If there aren't at least 1000 seats, it doesn't even register on the lowest end of the enterprise customer scale.

    -->We have gone over this in the past. You need to see a shrink about why you refuse to accept facts you don't like.

    PS: There are no ecs enterprise customers because ecs if fill with bugs that OS2 does not have. Here is an example;

    "Resource DLL fix kit for eCS 1.1 ECSFIX11.ZIP (51k) This is a fix kit for the resource Dlls in eCS 1.1 and should *ONLY* be applied to eCS 1.1 It fixes a focus problem with the Open File dialog, adds a Close button to the Edit Color dialog and corrects a minor problem with an accelerator key."

  8. [eCS SPAM] Re: OS2eCS Organization Purchases eComStation(tm) v1.2