[FUD4] Re: Lots of Games for eComStation - OS2

This is a discussion on [FUD4] Re: Lots of Games for eComStation - OS2 ; >Naw.. they run like crap on eCS. Any time I've ever tried to run any of my OS/2 games on eCS they have run exactly as on basic OS/2. However that has a lot to do with one often ignored ...

  1. [FUD4] Re: Lots of Games for eComStation

    >Naw.. they run like crap on eCS.

    Any time I've ever tried to run any of my OS/2 games on eCS they have
    run exactly as on basic OS/2. However that has a lot to do with one
    often ignored fact here where one used to be able to get reliable OS/2
    information. eCS is NOT OS/2!!!!!! It is OS/2+ - plus meaning
    considerable improvements IBM is too lazy to add or fix, but that make
    it run better and do more in many ways - thanks to SSI.

    As I said, this refers only to times I have actually run eCS - which is
    always, exclusively and much more easily than basic OS/2. The later
    fact being primarily because of the well developed eCS maintenance tool,
    which installs updates at the press of a button.

    There are those who have had bad luck getting eCS to run on some
    hardware combinations. My read on this is that the high rate of such
    failures over the years with basic OS/2 is greater than that with OS/2+.

    Altho IBM will likely take exception to my use of the appellation OS/2+,
    it not being a registered trademark, anyone with a brain can verify by
    merely looking at the system content that OS/2 is right there running
    its little head off. I suppose that says something about the handful of
    people who have taken the last few years destroying the quality of the
    formerly top notch OS/2 newsgroups in one of the most inane but
    successful vendettas of newsgroup history.

    And this thread is now filtered from my newsreader.

    Jim L

    --
    "Adolf Hitler and Saddam Hussein were obviously very, very different,"
    No No the Mous.

  2. Re: ecs shills lie again (Re: Lots of Games for eComStation)

    In <42405031$1$yhgu-nfgeb$mr2ice@news.west.earthlink.net>, on 03/22/2005
    at 05:04 PM, luth-astro@rubbishearthlink.net said:

    >>Naw.. they run like crap on eCS.

    >Any time I've ever tried to run any of my OS/2 games on eCS they have run
    >exactly as on basic OS/2. However that has a lot to do with one often
    >ignored fact here where one used to be able to get reliable OS/2
    >information. eCS is NOT OS/2!!!!!! It is OS/2+ - plus meaning
    >considerable improvements IBM is too lazy to add or fix,

    Lies. You people can't even LIST the claimed improvements, much less document them. Not to mention denying facts, like the sales of ecs are so low that booby can't pay his annual business taxes and is repeatedly being shut down by the State of Texas.

    Now take your ecs shilling to the ecs newsgroup and stay out of the IBM OS2 news groups.

    PS: You should get your butt over to IBM APPS. The guys there are talking about having to format their drives to clean up the ecs mess and get things to run and install.

    but that make it
    >run better and do more in many ways - thanks to SSI.

    >As I said, this refers only to times I have actually run eCS - which is
    >always, exclusively and much more easily than basic OS/2. The later fact
    >being primarily because of the well developed eCS maintenance tool, which
    >installs updates at the press of a button.

    >There are those who have had bad luck getting eCS to run on some hardware
    >combinations. My read on this is that the high rate of such failures
    >over the years with basic OS/2 is greater than that with OS/2+.

    >Altho IBM will likely take exception to my use of the appellation OS/2+,
    >it not being a registered trademark, anyone with a brain can verify by
    >merely looking at the system content that OS/2 is right there running its
    >little head off. I suppose that says something about the handful of
    >people who have taken the last few years destroying the quality of the
    >formerly top notch OS/2 newsgroups in one of the most inane but
    >successful vendettas of newsgroup history.

    >And this thread is now filtered from my newsreader.

    >Jim L

    >--
    >"Adolf Hitler and Saddam Hussein were obviously very, very different," No
    >No the Mous.

+ Reply to Thread