New WinTroll(TM) & FUDster Filter List started - OS2

This is a discussion on New WinTroll(TM) & FUDster Filter List started - OS2 ; We have started a new WinTroll(TM) & FUDster filter listing service at OS2eCS Org: http://www.os2ecs.org/filters.html Regards, Jeramie Samphere President, OS2eCS Org. www.os2ecs.org...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: New WinTroll(TM) & FUDster Filter List started

  1. New WinTroll(TM) & FUDster Filter List started

    We have started a new WinTroll(TM) & FUDster filter listing service at
    OS2eCS Org: http://www.os2ecs.org/filters.html

    Regards,
    Jeramie Samphere
    President, OS2eCS Org.
    www.os2ecs.org

  2. Re: New WinTroll(TM) & FUDster Filter List started

    Captain's log. On StarDate Sun, 13 Mar 2005 21:06:17 -0600 received comm from
    Jeramie Samphere on channel comp.os.os2.misc:

    : We have started a new WinTroll(TM) & FUDster filter listing service at
    : OS2eCS Org: http://www.os2ecs.org/filters.html

    Good!

    : Jeramie Samphere
    : President, OS2eCS Org.
    : www.os2ecs.org

    Hi Jeramie!

    Just a quick question, what kind of software (OCX component) is it that the eCS
    organization tries to automatically install?

    http://www10.brinkster.com/mnx/Images/eCS%20org.JPG

    Seems strange that you would need any software for a normal and simple, but
    indeed greatly appreciated, black list of trolls.

    Anyway, thanks for a good idea and service to the OS/2 and eCS community!

    martin törnsten

    --
    martinot@gmail.com

  3. Re: New WinTroll(TM) & FUDster Filter List started

    Martin Törnsten wrote:
    > Captain's log. On StarDate Sun, 13 Mar 2005 21:06:17 -0600 received comm from
    > Jeramie Samphere on channel comp.os.os2.misc:
    >
    > : We have started a new WinTroll(TM) & FUDster filter listing service at
    > : OS2eCS Org: http://www.os2ecs.org/filters.html
    >
    > Good!
    >
    > : Jeramie Samphere
    > : President, OS2eCS Org.
    > : www.os2ecs.org
    >
    > Hi Jeramie!
    >
    > Just a quick question, what kind of software (OCX component) is it that the eCS
    > organization tries to automatically install?
    >
    > http://www10.brinkster.com/mnx/Images/eCS%20org.JPG
    >
    > Seems strange that you would need any software for a normal and simple, but
    > indeed greatly appreciated, black list of trolls.


    The source contains a link to http://dslweb.nwnexus.com/mclain/ActiveX/
    where it is explained. You can read it safely with OS/2, I think.
    It would be better, IMHO, to not use these 'jokes' inside web pages.

  4. Re: New WinTroll(TM) & FUDster Filter List started



    samphere is not a service to the OS2 community. However, he and ecs shills like you will hasten the reports to the IRS that shut booby and his con game down.





    In <055b31ld9v3iku550oimfbep09156s14mu@4ax.com>, on 03/14/2005
    at 02:42 PM, Martin T÷rnsten said:

    >Captain's log. On StarDate Sun, 13 Mar 2005 21:06:17 -0600 received comm
    >from Jeramie Samphere on channel comp.os.os2.misc:


    >: We have started a new WinTroll(TM) & FUDster filter listing service at
    >: OS2eCS Org: http://www.os2ecs.org/filters.html


    >Good!


    >: Jeramie Samphere
    >: President, OS2eCS Org.
    >: www.os2ecs.org


    >Hi Jeramie!


    >Just a quick question, what kind of software (OCX component) is it that
    >the eCS organization tries to automatically install?


    >http://www10.brinkster.com/mnx/Images/eCS%20org.JPG


    >Seems strange that you would need any software for a normal and simple,
    >but indeed greatly appreciated, black list of trolls.


    >Anyway, thanks for a good idea and service to the OS/2 and eCS community!


    >martin törnsten





  5. LOL! Re: New WinTroll(TM) & FUDster Filter List started

    Jeramie Samphere wrote:
    > We have started a new WinTroll(TM) & FUDster filter listing service at
    > OS2eCS Org: http://www.os2ecs.org/filters.html


    Subject says it all. On behalf of all *real* OS/2 users
    we thank you for starting this listing. It allows *real* OS/2
    users to speak openly and without harassment by eCS
    Lusers to all interested and potentially new OS/2 users.

    We laugh - let's add - we *scoff* at the eCS Lusers
    and the attempted thief of Hobbes, Jeramie Samphere,
    known today as the worst maggot infesting the OS/2
    newsgroups today.

    --
    Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy
    Warp City Web Site - http://www.warpcity.com
    email: OS2Guy@Gmail.com OR eCSGuy@Gmail.com

  6. LOL! Re: New WinTroll(TM) & FUDster Filter List started

    Jeramie Samphere wrote:
    > We have started a new WinTroll(TM) & FUDster filter listing service at
    > OS2eCS Org: http://www.os2ecs.org/filters.html


    Subject says it all. On behalf of all *real* OS/2 users
    we thank you for starting this listing. It allows *real* OS/2
    users to speak openly and without harassment by eCS
    Lusers to all interested and potentially new OS/2 users.

    We laugh - let's add - we *scoff* at the eCS Lusers
    and the attempted thief of Hobbes, Jeramie Samphere,
    known today as the worst maggot infesting the OS/2
    newsgroups today.

    --
    Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy
    Warp City Web Site - http://www.warpcity.com
    email: OS2Guy@Gmail.com OR eCSGuy@Gmail.com

  7. LOL! Re: New WinTroll(TM) & FUDster Filter List started

    Jeramie Samphere wrote:
    > We have started a new WinTroll(TM) & FUDster filter listing service at
    > OS2eCS Org: http://www.os2ecs.org/filters.html
    >

    Subject says it all. On behalf of all *real* OS/2 users
    we thank you for starting this listing. It allows *real* OS/2
    users to speak openly and without harassment by eCS
    Lusers to all interested and potentially new OS/2 users.

    We laugh - let's add - we *scoff* at the eCS Lusers
    and the attempted thief of Hobbes, Jeramie Samphere,
    known today as the worst maggot infesting the OS/2
    newsgroups today.

    --
    Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy
    Warp City Web Site - http://www.warpcity.com
    email: OS2Guy@Gmail.com OR eCSGuy@Gmail.com

  8. Re: New WinTroll(TM) & FUDster Filter List started

    In article <055b31ld9v3iku550oimfbep09156s14mu@4ax.com>,
    Martin Törnsten wrote:
    > Just a quick question, what kind of software (OCX component) is it that the
    > eCS organization tries to automatically install?
    >
    > http://www10.brinkster.com/mnx/Images/eCS%20org.JPG
    >
    > Seems strange that you would need any software for a normal and simple, but
    > indeed greatly appreciated, black list of trolls.


    It's a control that tries to shut down Win95 machines.


    --
    --Tim Smith

  9. Re: LOL! Re: New WinTroll(TM) & FUDster Filter List started

    In een pots <42366c2d_1@news3.prserv.net>,
    The OS/2 Guy schreef:
    >Jeramie Samphere wrote:
    >> We have started a new WinTroll(TM) & FUDster filter listing service at
    >> OS2eCS Org: http://www.os2ecs.org/filters.html


    >We laugh - let's add - we *scoff* at the eCS Lusers


    Yes of course i know. You scoff at me because you run a
    OS2 system before Christ, and i run a OS2 sytem after
    Christ, which is called eComStation.
    What can i say about your scoffing? Well,
    have you trained hard enough....
    because there is an ocean between us :-).

    P.S. Who is "we", you?

    --

    With nausea for names like Timmy Martin, Larry Chauvett and
    other names from the same basterd.

  10. Re: LOL! Re: New WinTroll(TM) & FUDster Filter List started

    DiiN wrote:
    > In een pots <42366c2d_1@news3.prserv.net>,
    > The OS/2 Guy schreef:
    >
    >>Jeramie Samphere wrote:
    >>
    >>>We have started a new WinTroll(TM) & FUDster filter listing service at
    >>>OS2eCS Org: http://www.os2ecs.org/filters.html

    >
    >>We laugh - let's add - we *scoff* at the eCS Lusers

    >
    >
    > Yes of course i know. You scoff at me because you run a
    > OS2 system


    Geez, do you even understand what you say? You have
    openly admitted to being another maggot investing the OS/2
    newsgroups and that you don't belong here.

    Your grasp of the English language is ridiculous. Get out
    of the OS/2 newsgroups. You *do not* belong here.

    --
    Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy
    Warp City Web Site - http://www.warpcity.com
    email: OS2Guy@Gmail.com OR eCSGuy@Gmail.com

  11. Re: LOL! Re: New WinTroll(TM) & FUDster Filter List started

    In een pots <42379631_1@news3.prserv.net>,
    The OS/2 Guy schreef:

    >Your grasp of the English language is ridiculous.


    I think you are not dumb by definition if you speak only
    one language, what do you think?

    >Get out
    >of the OS/2 newsgroups. You *do not* belong here.


    What can i say, do you have the right goggles on? It
    seems to me this is the ecomstation newsgroup.
    Ah i understand now, you think OS2 and eCS are the same?
    I must say to a certain extent they are, but eCS is a lot
    nicer.

    >You have
    >openly admitted to being another maggot


    Have i? Now i deny everything, really deny everything :-).

    --

    With nausea for names like Timmy Martin, Larry Chauvet and
    other names for the same bastard.

  12. Re: New WinTroll(TM) & FUDster Filter List started

    Captain's log. On StarDate Tue, 15 Mar 2005 08:19:59 GMT received comm from Tim
    Smith on channel comp.os.os2.misc:

    : In article <055b31ld9v3iku550oimfbep09156s14mu@4ax.com>,
    : Martin Törnsten wrote:
    : > Just a quick question, what kind of software (OCX component) is it that the
    : > eCS organization tries to automatically install?
    : >
    : > http://www10.brinkster.com/mnx/Images/eCS%20org.JPG
    : >
    : > Seems strange that you would need any software for a normal and simple, but
    : > indeed greatly appreciated, black list of trolls.
    :
    : It's a control that tries to shut down Win95 machines.

    Ok, thanks for the information. I only have (with concern to Windows) XP SP2
    machines here (both IE and Maxthon browser blocks such things), but still quite
    non serious and unprofessional image for a eComstation support organization or
    affiliate site.

    I know that it's (very probably) not SSI who operates it, but people will still
    connect the site to the SSI eCS product, especially as it's allowed to have
    "ecs" even in it's domain name.

    martin törnsten

    --
    martinot@gmail.com

  13. Re: New WinTroll(TM) & FUDster Filter List started

    Martin Törnsten wrote:
    > Captain's log. On StarDate Tue, 15 Mar 2005 08:19:59 GMT received comm from Tim
    > Smith on channel comp.os.os2.misc:
    >
    > : In article <055b31ld9v3iku550oimfbep09156s14mu@4ax.com>,
    > : Martin Törnsten wrote:
    > : > Just a quick question, what kind of software (OCX component) is it that the
    > : > eCS organization tries to automatically install?
    > : >
    > : > http://www10.brinkster.com/mnx/Images/eCS%20org.JPG
    > : >
    > : > Seems strange that you would need any software for a normal and simple, but
    > : > indeed greatly appreciated, black list of trolls.
    > :
    > : It's a control that tries to shut down Win95 machines.
    >
    > Ok, thanks for the information. I only have (with concern to Windows) XP SP2
    > machines here (both IE and Maxthon browser blocks such things), but still quite
    > non serious and unprofessional image for a eComstation support organization or
    > affiliate site.
    >
    > I know that it's (very probably) not SSI who operates it, but people will still
    > connect the site to the SSI eCS product, especially as it's allowed to have
    > "ecs" even in it's domain name.
    >
    > martin törnsten
    >


    Oh you are kidding about the name right? You can register a site with
    eCS in the name like eCSsucks.com and SSI will be powerless to do
    anything about it. As for the professionalism of putting such a thing
    up, you're right, such things don't lead to the impression of a
    professional organization.

  14. Re: New WinTroll(TM) & FUDster Filter List started

    Captain's log. On StarDate Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:42:34 -0700 received comm from
    Jason on channel comp.os.os2.misc:

    : > I know that it's (very probably) not SSI who operates it, but people will still
    : > connect the site to the SSI eCS product, especially as it's allowed to have
    : > "ecs" even in it's domain name.

    : Oh you are kidding about the name right? You can register a site with
    : eCS in the name like eCSsucks.com and SSI will be powerless to do
    : anything about it. As for the professionalism of putting such a thing

    Nope (not kidding).

    Yes, you can register a domain with microsoft, windowsxp or ibm in them, but I
    bet you will soon risk hearing from their legal departments. It has happened to
    a lot of third party supporting sites. The latest I know of is windowsxp.se who
    got contacted by microsoft and later had to give up that domain name to them
    (and change to alltomxp.se instead), even without the kind of unprofessionally
    behavior as the eCS site above shows.

    So if you use a companies trade marked name in your own registered domain I
    think the rights of it can be forcefully transferred to that company if they
    want to take legal actions and dispute it (even if you initially was able
    register and use it).

    But this is (generally) good I think, as end users will get a sort of approved
    support for domains with known trade mark names in them.

    : anything about it. As for the professionalism of putting such a thing
    : up, you're right, such things don't lead to the impression of a
    : professional organization.

    Couldn't agree more (but I also think it in the long run indirectly could hurt
    eCS as well, even if SSI are not directly responsible).

    martin törnsten

    --
    martinot@gmail.com

  15. Re: LOL! Re: New WinTroll(TM) & FUDster Filter List started

    DiiN wrote:
    > In een pots <42379631_1@news3.prserv.net>,
    > The OS/2 Guy schreef:
    >
    >
    >>Your grasp of the English language is ridiculous.

    >
    > I think you are not dumb by definition if you speak only
    > one language, what do you think?


    I know you have a problem making yourself understood
    using the English language.
    >
    >>Get out
    >>of the OS/2 newsgroups. You *do not* belong here.

    >
    > What can i say, do you have the right goggles on? It
    > seems to me this is the ecomstation newsgroup.


    No. This is not Comp.OS.ecomstation

    It is: Comp.OS.OS2

    YOU are in the OS/2 newsgroups, not the ecomstation
    newsgroups. Those newsgroups are located at:
    news.ecomstation.nl

    Go there. You *do not* belong here.

    --
    Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy
    Warp City Web Site - http://www.warpcity.com
    email: OS2Guy@Gmail.com OR eCSGuy@Gmail.com

  16. Re: New WinTroll(TM) & FUDster Filter List started

    Martin Törnsten wrote:
    > Captain's log. On StarDate Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:42:34 -0700 received comm from
    > Jason on channel comp.os.os2.misc:
    >
    > : > I know that it's (very probably) not SSI who operates it, but people will still
    > : > connect the site to the SSI eCS product, especially as it's allowed to have
    > : > "ecs" even in it's domain name.
    >
    > : Oh you are kidding about the name right? You can register a site with
    > : eCS in the name like eCSsucks.com and SSI will be powerless to do
    > : anything about it. As for the professionalism of putting such a thing
    >
    > Nope (not kidding).
    >
    > Yes, you can register a domain with microsoft, windowsxp or ibm in them, but I
    > bet you will soon risk hearing from their legal departments. It has happened to
    > a lot of third party supporting sites. The latest I know of is windowsxp.se who
    > got contacted by microsoft and later had to give up that domain name to them
    > (and change to alltomxp.se instead), even without the kind of unprofessionally
    > behavior as the eCS site above shows.
    >
    > So if you use a companies trade marked name in your own registered domain I
    > think the rights of it can be forcefully transferred to that company if they
    > want to take legal actions and dispute it (even if you initially was able
    > register and use it).
    >
    > But this is (generally) good I think, as end users will get a sort of approved
    > support for domains with known trade mark names in them.
    >


    If you can prove a legitimate use you can have the domain. The owner of
    the trademark can go ahead and sue but that doesn't mean anything. Look
    at ballysucks.com or ****generalmotors.com.

    > : anything about it. As for the professionalism of putting such a thing
    > : up, you're right, such things don't lead to the impression of a
    > : professional organization.
    >
    > Couldn't agree more (but I also think it in the long run indirectly could hurt
    > eCS as well, even if SSI are not directly responsible).
    >


    I don't think it hurts IBM or OS/2 but it hurts Jeramie.

    > martin törnsten
    >


  17. Re: New WinTroll(TM) & FUDster Filter List started

    Captain's log. On StarDate Wed, 16 Mar 2005 19:35:44 -0700 received comm from
    Jason Bowen on channel comp.os.os2.misc:

    : > But this is (generally) good I think, as end users will get a sort of approved
    : > support for domains with known trade mark names in them.

    : If you can prove a legitimate use you can have the domain. The owner of
    : the trademark can go ahead and sue but that doesn't mean anything. Look
    : at ballysucks.com or ****generalmotors.com.

    In those cases I think the domain names themselves are so clearly named that no
    user could mistake them for being the "real thing".

    : I don't think it hurts IBM or OS/2 but it hurts Jeramie.

    Well, I have to agree with you that it (probably) will have no negative effect
    on eCS and OS/2.

    I also agree that if IBM hasn't reacted to the domain name, it's very unlikely
    that SSI will do so either.

    martin törnsten

    --
    martinot@gmail.com

  18. Re: LOL! Re: New WinTroll(TM) & FUDster Filter List started

    In een pots <4238e7e0_3@news3.prserv.net>,
    The OS/2 Guy schreef:

    >YOU are in the OS/2 newsgroups, not the ecomstation
    >newsgroups. Those newsgroups are located at:
    >news.ecomstation.nl


    What a splendid thought. I am flabbergasted. I will give
    you a hint. Search for a file named newsrc. Put your
    head between hands and try to comprehend the hierarchy
    you see there. Try to succeed, otherwise i will help you.
    And because you do not have the guts to comprehend
    the difference between eCS and OS2, i will tell it to you.
    eComStation is from 2000 after Christ, and OS2 is from
    2000 before Christ.
    So be happy with your OS2 and i am happy with my nice and
    easy installable eComStation.
    And don't be a stupid boy, keep your computer with OS2
    running as long as you can, because it might be the last
    time you can install OS2.

    >Go there. You *do not* belong here.


    We have a saying, i don't sing twice for the same
    euro cent, but you repeat this countless times for the
    same dollar cent. That is really good :-).

    --

    With nausea for names like Timmy Martin, Larry Chauvet and
    other names from the same bastard.

  19. Re: New WinTroll(TM) & FUDster Filter List started

    In , on 03/17/2005
    at 09:28 AM, Martin T÷rnsten said:

    >Captain's log. On StarDate Wed, 16 Mar 2005 19:35:44 -0700 received comm
    >from Jason Bowen on channel comp.os.os2.misc:


    >: > But this is (generally) good I think, as end users will get a sort of approved
    >: > support for domains with known trade mark names in them.


    >: If you can prove a legitimate use you can have the domain. The owner of
    >: the trademark can go ahead and sue but that doesn't mean anything. Look
    >: at ballysucks.com or ****generalmotors.com.


    >In those cases I think the domain names themselves are so clearly named
    >that no user could mistake them for being the "real thing".
    >
    >: I don't think it hurts IBM or OS/2 but it hurts Jeramie.


    >Well, I have to agree with you that it (probably) will have no negative
    >effect on eCS and OS/2.


    >I also agree that if IBM hasn't reacted to the domain name, it's very
    >unlikely that SSI will do so either.


    Get real -->booby doesn't have the money to pay his annual business taxes, much less pay an attorney to save his con-man image.





    >martin törnsten





  20. Re: LOL! Re: New WinTroll(TM) & FUDster Filter List started

    DiiN wrote:
    > In een pots <4238e7e0_3@news3.prserv.net>,
    > The OS/2 Guy schreef:
    >
    >>YOU are in the OS/2 newsgroups, not the ecomstation
    >>newsgroups. Those newsgroups are located at:
    >>news.ecomstation.nl

    >
    > What a splendid thought. I am flabbergasted.


    No, you're just stupid and you've openly admitted
    that. Now move to the public newsgroups. news.ecomstation.nl

    >>Go there. You *do not* belong here.

    >
    >
    > We have a saying, i don't sing twice for the same
    > euro cent, but you repeat this countless times for the
    > same dollar cent. That is really good :-).


    And yet you are so stupid you can't understand
    the words. It's English for 'get out of here, you
    are intruding!'

    Is that beyond your comprehension too?

    --
    Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy
    Warp City Web Site - http://www.warpcity.com
    email: OS2Guy@Gmail.com OR eCSGuy@Gmail.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast