"The Microsloth Joke Book: A Satire" - OS2

This is a discussion on "The Microsloth Joke Book: A Satire" - OS2 ; We have added a new featured book at www.os2ecs.org "The Microsloth Joke Book: A Satire" This is a great book that will be sure to keep your sense of humor going! Some examples: Q: How many Microsoft testers does it ...

  1. "The Microsloth Joke Book: A Satire"

    We have added a new featured book at www.os2ecs.org

    "The Microsloth Joke Book: A Satire"

    This is a great book that will be sure to keep your sense of humor going!

    Some examples:

    Q: How many Microsoft testers does it take to change a light bulb?

    A: "We just notice that the room is dark. We don't fix the problems."

    Bill Gates dies and sees St. Peter....

    "What if Star Trek computers ran on Windows 95?"

    This is a book worth checking out: Look for it at http://www.os2ecs.org

    Cheers!

    Jeramie Samphere
    President,
    OS2eCS Org.

  2. OT: "The Microsloth Joke Book: A Satire"

    Jeramie Samphere wrote:
    > We have added a new featured book
    >
    > "The Microsloth Joke Book: A Satire"

    This has nothing to do with OS/2. Please stop misusing these
    newsgroups to promote Microsoft.

    For those without a clue: Jeramie Samphere is the failed
    Hobbes Thief who ran a phony 'Hobbes donations' page
    on Amazon.com to generate funds for his own private
    website. He is the most current piece of maggot scum
    plaguing the OS/2 newsgroups.

    --
    Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy

  3. Re: "The Microsloth Joke Book: A Satire"

    Jeramie Samphere wrote:
    > We have added a new featured book at www.os2ecs.org
    >
    > "The Microsloth Joke Book: A Satire"
    >
    > This is a great book that will be sure to keep your sense of humor going!
    >
    > Some examples:
    >
    > Q: How many Microsoft testers does it take to change a light bulb?
    >
    > A: "We just notice that the room is dark. We don't fix the problems."

    Wrong. All wrong. The correct answer is:

    A: "None. They just change the standard to be darkness."

  4. Re: "The Microsloth Joke Book: A Satire"

    On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 19:53:19 UTC, Marty wrote:

    > Jeramie Samphere wrote:
    > > We have added a new featured book at www.os2ecs.org
    > >
    > > "The Microsloth Joke Book: A Satire"
    > >
    > > This is a great book that will be sure to keep your sense of humor going!
    > >
    > > Some examples:
    > >
    > > Q: How many Microsoft testers does it take to change a light bulb?
    > >
    > > A: "We just notice that the room is dark. We don't fix the problems."

    > Wrong. All wrong. The correct answer is:
    >
    > A: "None. They just change the standard to be darkness."

    No. That's the support guys. These are the testers! :-)

    --
    Bob Eager
    begin a new life...dump Windows!

  5. Re: OT: "The Microsloth Joke Book: A Satire"

    In een pots <42346cb4_3@news3.prserv.net>,
    The OS/2 Guy schreef:

    >He is the most current piece of maggot scum
    >plaguing the OS/2 newsgroups.

    You posses an astounding backwardness, you are the plague
    you stupid.

    --

    With increasing nausea for names like Timmy Martin, Larry Chauvet
    and other names from the same Basterd.

  6. Re: "The Microsloth Joke Book: A Satire"

    On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 21:04:26 UTC, "Bob Eager" opined:
    > On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 19:53:19 UTC, Marty wrote:
    >
    > > Jeramie Samphere wrote:
    > > > We have added a new featured book at www.os2ecs.org
    > > >
    > > > "The Microsloth Joke Book: A Satire"
    > > >
    > > > This is a great book that will be sure to keep your sense of humor going!
    > > >
    > > > Some examples:
    > > >
    > > > Q: How many Microsoft testers does it take to change a light bulb?
    > > >
    > > > A: "We just notice that the room is dark. We don't fix the problems."

    > > Wrong. All wrong. The correct answer is:
    > >
    > > A: "None. They just change the standard to be darkness."

    > No. That's the support guys. These are the testers! :-)

    No. It's the programmers' answer. The support guys' answer is: "Your
    lamp-socket has caught a virus."

    --
    Stan Goodman
    Qiryat Tiv'on

    All those who believe that the best physicians in France, given two weeks,
    can't diagnose what ails a patient - please stand up.

  7. Re: "The Microsloth Joke Book: A Satire"

    On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 21:55:22 UTC, "Stan Goodman"
    wrote:

    -> On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 21:04:26 UTC, "Bob Eager" opined:
    -> >
    -> > > > We have added a new featured book at www.os2ecs.org
    -> > > >
    -> > > > "The Microsloth Joke Book: A Satire"
    -> > > >
    -> > > > This is a great book that will be sure to keep your sense of humor going!
    -> > > >
    -> > > > Some examples:
    -> > > >
    -> > > > Q: How many Microsoft testers does it take to change a light bulb?
    -> > > >
    -> > > > A: "We just notice that the room is dark. We don't fix the problems."
    -> > >
    -> > > Wrong. All wrong. The correct answer is:
    -> > >
    -> > > A: "None. They just change the standard to be darkness."
    -> >
    -> > No. That's the support guys. These are the testers! :-)
    ->
    -> No. It's the programmers' answer. The support guys' answer is: "Your
    -> lamp-socket has caught a virus."
    ->

    Shouldn't that be followed by "Please reinstall
    windows95/98/SE/ME/NT/2000/XP to correct the problem."?

    Mark

    --
    From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

    http://www.os2voice.org
    Warpstock 2005, Where?/When? Stay tuned to - http://www.warpstock.org

  8. Re: "The Microsloth Joke Book: A Satire"

    All previous opinions on this snipped, as they are WRONG-o.

    If you have problems with your computerised light, the suppliers
    (M$ or otherwise) will first ask whose electricity you are using
    with it. Unless it's their brand, well, of course we know where
    the problem lies. Can't be the light. Must be the electricity.
    --
    Andrew Stephenson

  9. Re: "The Microsloth Joke Book: A Satire"

    Andrew Stephenson wrote:
    > All previous opinions on this snipped, as they are WRONG-o.
    >
    > If you have problems with your computerised light, the suppliers
    > (M$ or otherwise) will first ask whose electricity you are using
    > with it. Unless it's their brand, well, of course we know where
    > the problem lies. Can't be the light. Must be the electricity.

    I think the responders to this post are more than qualified to write the
    second edition

  10. Re: "The Microsloth Joke Book: A Satire"

    On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 01:37:29 UTC, ames@deltrak.demon.co.uk (Andrew
    Stephenson) opined:
    > All previous opinions on this snipped, as they are WRONG-o.
    >
    > If you have problems with your computerised light, the suppliers
    > (M$ or otherwise) will first ask whose electricity you are using
    > with it. Unless it's their brand, well, of course we know where
    > the problem lies. Can't be the light. Must be the electricity.

    That does reflect reality, and is therefore important for deep academic
    understanding of the phenomenon, but it will have to go into the appendix,
    as it is too verbose for the body of the text, and destroys the flow.

    --
    Stan Goodman
    Qiryat Tiv'on
    Israel

    All those who believe that the best physicians in France, given two weeks,
    can't diagnose what ails a patient - please stand up.

  11. Re: "The Microsloth Joke Book: A Satire"

    On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 02:02:41 UTC, Jeramie Samphere
    opined:
    > Andrew Stephenson wrote:
    > > All previous opinions on this snipped, as they are WRONG-o.
    > >
    > > If you have problems with your computerised light, the suppliers
    > > (M$ or otherwise) will first ask whose electricity you are using
    > > with it. Unless it's their brand, well, of course we know where
    > > the problem lies. Can't be the light. Must be the electricity.

    > I think the responders to this post are more than qualified to write the
    > second edition

    We are not, at this time, contemplating a second edition. There is, however,
    some thinking about a workbook for use by the student on his own time.
    Devising imaginative responses from several points of view to a single query
    is excellent preparation for his career after completing the course work, no
    matter on which side of the software industry he later finds himself.

    --
    Stan Goodman
    Qiryat Tiv'on
    Israel

    All those who believe that the best physicians in France, given two weeks,
    can't diagnose what ails a patient - please stand up.

+ Reply to Thread