Web Sites folder - OS2

This is a discussion on Web Sites folder - OS2 ; How do I get a '+' in front of a new entry in the Web Sites folder? I added a new main entry, 'Financieel', dragged a few URL's to it, but no '+' in front of it. It used to ...

  1. Web Sites folder

    How do I get a '+' in front of a new entry in the Web Sites folder?

    I added a new main entry, 'Financieel', dragged a few URL's to it,
    but no '+' in front of it. It used to look like a regular 'drive
    folder', but now I'm still missing the '+'.

    The '+' now dissappeared with the existing entries too, but opening
    it made it reappear again. But still no '+' in front of my entry.

    Screenshot @ http://home.uni-one.nl/m1/websites.gif

    ---

  2. Re: Web Sites folder

    On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 10:15:53 UTC, ML wrote:

    > How do I get a '+' in front of a new entry in the Web Sites folder?
    >
    > I added a new main entry, 'Financieel', dragged a few URL's to it,
    > but no '+' in front of it. It used to look like a regular 'drive
    > folder', but now I'm still missing the '+'.

    Ordinarily you don't get the + sign unless there are folders inside the
    folder. If there are no folders within, only files, then no + sign.

    There is a little program called TREE FOLDER that will cause files to appear
    in the tree view. I expect that's what you need.

    Here is a quote from its text file:

    "There is a new settings options in WARP 4. Folders in tree view can display
    files as well as directories.

    "You can see some examples in the "\DESKTOP\CONNECTIONS\WEB SITES" folders
    or in some subdirectories in the "Assistance Center" folder.
    At first I wrote a small REXX script to set the new attribute by dragging
    the folder icon on the REXX script icon. Unfortunately it doesn't work
    with the subdirectories in the "Web Sites" folder. I couldn't see anything
    wrong with it (I'm enclosing it so some of you'll be able to show me what's
    wrong) so I decided to try to write a small PM program (well it shows just
    some message boxes). It took only few minutes to write it and since it
    looks like it works OK I'm releasing it to the public :-).

    "(c) 1997 - Alessandro Cantatore - Team OS/2 Italy"

    It works well for me. Look for treefldr.zip on Hobbes, or I can send you a
    copy.

    --
    John Varela
    (Trade "OLD" lamps for "NEW" for email.)

+ Reply to Thread