Re: Newer IBM MOUSE.SYS has problems with serial mice - OS2

This is a discussion on Re: Newer IBM MOUSE.SYS has problems with serial mice - OS2 ; Andrew Stephenson schrieb: > > While installing eCS 1.2 just yesterday (21 Feb), I found an odd > problem with my serial mouse. Basically, everything worked fine > except the buttons. These were ignored when using the Desktop or > ...

  1. Re: Newer IBM MOUSE.SYS has problems with serial mice

    Andrew Stephenson schrieb:

    > While installing eCS 1.2 just yesterday (21 Feb), I found an odd
    > problem with my serial mouse. Basically, everything worked fine
    > except the buttons. These were ignored when using the Desktop or
    > a subsidiary window. Opening a full screen VDOS, Win-3.1 or OS/2
    > window cured the bug.

    Serial mice support is broken in mouse.sys with
    10.117 < bldlevel mouse.sys < 10.152.

    You should try the latest smouse driver (buildlevel 10.152) which is
    just a few months old.

    Hendrik

  2. Re: Newer IBM MOUSE.SYS has problems with serial mice

    In article <422A1806.5E161277@t-online.de>
    unused@t-online.de "Hendrik Schmieder" writes:

    > Andrew Stephenson schrieb:
    > >
    > > While installing eCS 1.2 just yesterday (21 Feb), I found an
    > > odd problem with my serial mouse. [...]

    > Serial mice support is broken in mouse.sys with
    > 10.117 < bldlevel mouse.sys < 10.152.
    >
    > You should try the latest smouse driver (buildlevel 10.152)
    > which is just a few months old.

    Thanks; but you will see from my original post that I found a fix
    with the other MOUSE.SYS supplied on the CD. I do not know where
    I'd find 10.152 without digging around the Net. As it is now, it
    does the business with the older version. :-) Maybe that will be
    addressed in some fixpack (or equivalent).
    --
    Andrew Stephenson

  3. Re: Newer IBM MOUSE.SYS has problems with serial mice

    Andrew Stephenson schrieb:

    > In article <422A1806.5E161277@t-online.de>
    > unused@t-online.de "Hendrik Schmieder" writes:
    >
    > > Andrew Stephenson schrieb:
    > > >
    > > > While installing eCS 1.2 just yesterday (21 Feb), I found an
    > > > odd problem with my serial mouse. [...]

    > > Serial mice support is broken in mouse.sys with
    > > 10.117 < bldlevel mouse.sys < 10.152.
    > >
    > > You should try the latest smouse driver (buildlevel 10.152)
    > > which is just a few months old.

    > Thanks; but you will see from my original post that I found a fix
    > with the other MOUSE.SYS supplied on the CD. I do not know where
    > I'd find 10.152 without digging around the Net. As it is now, it
    > does the business with the older version. :-) Maybe that will be
    > addressed in some fixpack (or equivalent).

    You should find it on www.ecomstation.com

    Hendrik

  4. Re: Newer IBM MOUSE.SYS has problems with serial mice

    In article <422AD93D.23985DE2@t-online.de>
    unused@t-online.de "Hendrik Schmieder" writes:

    > Andrew Stephenson schrieb:
    > >
    > > Thanks; but you will see from my original post that I found a fix
    > > with the other MOUSE.SYS supplied on the CD. I do not know where
    > > I'd find 10.152 without digging around the Net. [...]

    > You should find it on www.ecomstation.com

    Thanks. As I have just intsalled eCS-1.2, I am still finding out
    what is "normal", whilst doing productive work.

    I suspect the MOUSE.SYS in use now won't need to be upgraded for
    as long as I stay with this serial mouse but it's good to know a
    fixed version is Out There.
    --
    Andrew Stephenson

+ Reply to Thread