Re: Erik Kooistra exposed: "OS/2 Aunt" - OS2

This is a discussion on Re: Erik Kooistra exposed: "OS/2 Aunt" - OS2 ; hi Timmy The OS/2 Guy wrote: > OS/2 Aunt wrote: > >> Just got Fixpak 5 from www.ecomstation.com ! > > > Didja? Where? Post the url. I have full access > and will verify your claim. www.ecomstation.com login download ...

  1. Re: Erik Kooistra exposed: "OS/2 Aunt"

    hi Timmy

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > OS/2 Aunt wrote:
    >
    >> Just got Fixpak 5 from www.ecomstation.com!

    > Didja? Where? Post the url. I have full access
    > and will verify your claim.

    www.ecomstation.com

    login

    download latest software

    Search for Fixpack

    and what do you know:-

    XR0C005 - IBM Convenience Package FixPak 5 (English, 1 of 8) - download
    update
    Release Date: 02-28-2005 11:43:21 PM
    Last Update: 03-03-2005 12:31:57 PM
    Type: Fixes-Features
    Version: XR0C005
    IBM Convenience Package FixPak XR_C005 is for application to all eCS
    systems.

    The appropriate IBM service tool is required for the application of the
    fixpack.

    The zip files contain all of the XR_C005 distribution repackaged to
    reduce the number of files from 17 to 8.

    The downloadable documentation is a zip file containing all of the IBM
    notes for this fixpack and the following notes from Serenity Systems:

    The following drivers are included in the first zip file of the fixpack
    and will be updated to the indicated level is the fixpack is applied
    using eCS MT 2.1.8.2 and above:

    IBM IDE DASD drivers (10.152)

    Daniela's IDE DASD drivers (1.7.2)

    The boot manager will be updated, if necessary, to accomodate the
    extended partition support installed by Convenience Package FixPak XR_C005.

    If you use the AMouse USB driver (USBMOUSE.SYS), save it before applying
    this fixpack and copy it back to \OS2\BOOT after the fixpak is applied.

    download documentation

    Did you want the other 7 references (to the rest of the fixpack)?

    Keep smiling Timmy :-)

    Pete

    >> Those people are fast with their updates..

    > No mention of Fixpak 5 on their "new releases"
    > nothing said in "new system updates", no new
    > Fixpak 5 in the download directories. Whaddya
    > think Aunty Kooistra, they keep it in a secret place?
    >
    >> I suppose that it will work on legacy OS/2 but
    >> people who are still running that old stuff
    >> should try it out themselves.

    > *Real* OS/2 users got it officially on February 27th.
    > The latest OS/2 Warp 4.52 refresh with FixPak 5
    > incorporated was released on Jan 28th and all
    > PA subscribers could download or order on CD
    > for free delivery. I got mine two weeks ago.
    >
    >> ---
    >> OS2 Aunt - exposed as none other then another

    > sock puppet from Erik Kooistra.
    >
    > Pathetic the lengths these eCS Lusers go through
    > just to lie about their problematic product.

  2. Re: Erik Kooistra exposed: "OS/2 Aunt"

    Peter Brown wrote:

    Hi Petey!

    > The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >
    >> OS/2 Aunt wrote:
    >>
    >>> Just got Fixpak 5 from www.ecomstation.com!

    >> Didja? Where? Post the url. I have full access
    >> and will verify your claim.

    > login
    >
    > download latest software
    >
    > Search for Fixpack

    There you go - MINE for the damn thing! Pete,
    you ignored the following, how come?

    >> No mention of Fixpak 5 on their "new releases"
    >> nothing said in "new system updates", no new
    >> Fixpak 5 in the download directories. Whaddya
    >> think Aunty Kooistra, they keep it in a secret place?

    And according to you Petey, they ARE keeping it a
    secret. If you were an eCS Luser and had no idea
    IBM had offered an updated FixPak you can count
    on Managed Systems aka the phony Serenity Systems
    of Texas, to keep the information as far away from you
    as possible.

    And Petey, you also ignored the following, how come?

    >> *Real* OS/2 users got it officially on February 27th.
    >> The latest OS/2 Warp 4.52 refresh with FixPak 5
    >> incorporated was released on Jan 28th and all
    >> PA subscribers could download or order on CD
    >> for free delivery. I got mine two weeks ago.

    And I'll leave you with this:

    --
    Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy

  3. [FUD 4] Re: Erik Kooistra exposed: "OS/2 Aunt"

    Hi Timmy

    It's late on a Friday night and my bird has crashed out so having
    nothing better to do for a few minutes...

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > Peter Brown wrote:
    >
    > Hi Petey!
    >
    >> The OS/2 Guy wrote:

    >>> Didja? Where? Post the url. I have full access
    >>> and will verify your claim.

    >> login
    >>
    >> download latest software
    >>
    >> Search for Fixpack

    > There you go - MINE for the damn thing! Pete,
    > you ignored the following, how come?

    You asked where to get the fixpack from.

    I told you.

    Now go get it or not.

    >>> No mention of Fixpak 5 on their "new releases"
    >>> nothing said in "new system updates", no new
    >>> Fixpak 5 in the download directories. Whaddya
    >>> think Aunty Kooistra, they keep it in a secret place?

    > And according to you Petey, they ARE keeping it a
    > secret. If you were an eCS Luser and had no idea
    > IBM had offered an updated FixPak you can count
    > on Managed Systems aka the phony Serenity Systems
    > of Texas, to keep the information as far away from you
    > as possible.

    The eCS updates are usually available for download and installation a
    little later than the standard OS/2 updates.

    I understand this is due to preparing these IBM updates for use with the
    eCS Maintenance Tool.

    Once the updates are ready the updates usually get announced on ecomstation.

    > And Petey, you also ignored the following, how come?
    >
    >>> *Real* OS/2 users got it officially on February 27th.
    >>> The latest OS/2 Warp 4.52 refresh with FixPak 5
    >>> incorporated was released on Jan 28th and all
    >>> PA subscribers could download or order on CD
    >>> for free delivery. I got mine two weeks ago.

    I'm quite happy to wait for eCs to process the updates for use with eCSMT.

    > And I'll leave you with this:
    >
    >>> Pathetic the lengths these eCS Lusers go through

    Why should you care about OS/2 or eCS? Oh, I forgot, you are Bills
    Puppet on a single handed mission to "kill off OS/2".

    Why not install an OS/2 or eCS system and use it Timmy?

    You may find you prefer it to your Windows installation after a while -
    I know I prefer both eCS and OS/2 to Windows ;-)

    Pete

  4. Re: Erik Kooistra exposed: "OS/2 Aunt" & "Uncle OS/2"

    Peter Brown wrote:

    > The eCS updates are usually available for download and installation a
    > little later than the standard OS/2 updates.

    That was my point Petey and yet you revealed another:
    Serenity buries new updates, fixes and releases making it
    a near impossibility for the eCS Luser to find them.

    Let's imagine you need that update and you keep checking
    that website for an alert or notice that it is available yet nothing
    is never announced. You'll eventually give up - not just on
    checking the website but on using the product all together.

    > I understand this is due to preparing these IBM updates for use with the
    > eCS Maintenance Tool.

    Why would that be? eCS Salesmen scream repeatedly that
    "eCS *is* OS/2" and yet you admit here and now that IBM's
    updates can't be used by eCS Lusers unless they are prepared
    by Serenity to work under the problematic eCS product.

    > Once the updates are ready the updates usually get announced on
    > ecomstation.

    Do they Petey? Here we have one of the most important
    OS/2 updates to come down the pike in many months and
    yet Serenity buries that update, doesn't point to it, doesn't
    say squat about it and the naive eCS Luser will never see
    or obtain it unless somone outside of Serenity tells him/her
    how to go about mining down through the many hidden
    layers of eComStation.com to find it.

    Can you now understand why Serenity has failed so
    miserable at selling their own problematic product?

    --
    Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy

  5. [FUD 4] Re: Erik Kooistra exposed: "OS/2 Aunt" & "Uncle OS/2"

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > Peter Brown wrote:
    >

    >> The eCS updates are usually available for download and installation a
    >> little later than the standard OS/2 updates.

    > That was my point Petey and yet you revealed another:
    > Serenity buries new updates, fixes and releases making it
    > a near impossibility for the eCS Luser to find them.

    You must be pretty hopeless at looking; I've noticed that your
    comprehesion level seems pretty low maybe that applies to your
    concentration as well?

    > Let's imagine you need that update and you keep checking
    > that website for an alert or notice that it is available yet nothing
    > is never announced. You'll eventually give up - not just on
    > checking the website but on using the product all together.

    You can always download the standard IBM updates from the ftp server and
    install them yourself.

    Me, I'm lazy. I'll wait for them to be ready for use with eCSMT :-)

    >> I understand this is due to preparing these IBM updates for use with
    >> the eCS Maintenance Tool.

    > Why would that be? eCS Salesmen scream repeatedly that
    > "eCS *is* OS/2" and yet you admit here and now that IBM's
    > updates can't be used by eCS Lusers unless they are prepared
    > by Serenity to work under the problematic eCS product.

    Don't be silly, Timmy.

    eCS is based on the OS/2 operating system and if you take out the eCS
    bits you have OS/2.

    I have not yet used the "problematic eCS product" - which version of eCS
    do you have trouble with Timmy?

    Maybe if you ask nicely someone in the OS/2 and eCS Community someone
    may help you. We all take pity on you poor windows users and like to
    help when we can.

    >> Once the updates are ready the updates usually get announced on
    >> ecomstation.

    > Do they Petey? Here we have one of the most important
    > OS/2 updates to come down the pike in many months and
    > yet Serenity buries that update, doesn't point to it, doesn't
    > say squat about it and the naive eCS Luser will never see
    > or obtain it unless somone outside of Serenity tells him/her
    > how to go about mining down through the many hidden
    > layers of eComStation.com to find it.
    >
    > Can you now understand why Serenity has failed so
    > miserable at selling their own problematic product?

    Where have they "buried it" Timmy?

    All eCS Users have to do is run eCSMT.

    eCSMT will not only show what updates are available from eCS, it will
    download and install those selected.

    The only problem I see in this thread is your inability to comprehend.

    Have Fun :-)

    Pete

  6. Re: Erik Kooistra exposed: "OS/2 Aunt" & "Uncle OS/2"

    Peter Brown wrote:

    > The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >
    >> Peter Brown wrote:
    >>

    >>> The eCS updates are usually available for download and installation a
    >>> little later than the standard OS/2 updates.

    >> That was my point Petey and yet you revealed another:
    >> Serenity buries new updates, fixes and releases making it
    >> a near impossibility for the eCS Luser to find them.

    > You must be pretty hopeless at looking; I've noticed that your
    > comprehesion level seems pretty low maybe that applies to your
    > concentration as well?

    Density seems to plague you Petey. Why should any eCS
    Luser be forced into "looking" for any newly released and
    very important update?

    You aren't stupid Petey but you're ego won't allow you to
    admit the plagued problems of eCS. They aren't all product
    related, many are poor marketing.

    The eCS user should sit back and ask themselves why
    this is. Why would any company purposely shoot themselves
    in the foot trying to sell their product. Could it be they don't
    really want to sell it beyond a small targeted market of
    consumers. Consumers who have frightened themselves
    into believing the false propaganda promoted by the
    eCS seller. "eCS is the successor of OS/2... eCS is the
    future of operating system computing... eCS is Warp 5...
    eCS is OS/2...

    Let's examine those marketing claims which are just a
    few of probably 200 or so.

    How can any product succeed a product that is still
    being developed, enhanced, updated, and sold
    by the original maker? Answer: it can't. The claim
    that eCS is the "successor" is as bogus as the product
    itself.

    "eCS is the future of operating system computing."
    Marketing baloney and we all know it.

    "eCS is Warp 5" - wow! This one false claim pretty much
    destroyed the credibility of both Serenity and Mensys,
    especially after Mensys was ordered by the European
    Consumer's Union to cease and desist such false
    advertising or face civil and criminal penalties. St. John
    could have saved a bit of face had he publicly stated
    he was against such a claim but instead he stated publicly
    "I have no problem with that [false claim being made by
    Mensys that eCS is Warp 5].

    "eCS is OS/2" You have admitted outrightly here that
    IBM's OS/2 updates, enhancements, bug fixes, etc.,
    cannot be installed directly into eCS but that all such
    releases must first be made to work with eCS and
    incorporated into a special proprietary program called
    a "Tools Maintenance". Thus, the eCS Luser is forced
    to wait until Serenity can find volunteers who will work
    for free to get any new IBM OS/2 releases to install
    and work within the problematic eCS product.

    There is no need to respond further to your posting because
    it breaks down to nothing more than egotistic whining on your
    part. "It's your fault Timmy" is simply telling the potential
    consumer 'out there' that Serenity will not accept responsibility
    for the failings of its product and will, instead, point the finger
    of failure at two entities: IBM or the stupid consumer who fell
    prey into buying and believing in the folly eComStation product.

    --
    Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy

  7. Re: Erik Kooistra exposed: "OS/2 Aunt" & "Uncle OS/2"

    Dear Timmy

    As you are obviously unable to read and understand anything posted it is
    pointless continuing the thread.

    Have a nice life :-)

    Pete

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:
> [...]

    > IBM's OS/2 updates, enhancements, bug fixes, etc.,
    > cannot be installed directly into eCS but that all such
    > releases must first be made to work with eCS and
    > incorporated into a special proprietary program called
    > a "Tools Maintenance". Thus, the eCS Luser is forced
    > to wait until Serenity can find volunteers who will work
    > for free to get any new IBM OS/2 releases to install
    > and work within the problematic eCS product.
    >
    > There is no need to respond further to your posting because
    > it breaks down to nothing more than egotistic whining on your
    > part. "It's your fault Timmy" is simply telling the potential
    > consumer 'out there' that Serenity will not accept responsibility
    > for the failings of its product and will, instead, point the finger
    > of failure at two entities: IBM or the stupid consumer who fell
    > prey into buying and believing in the folly eComStation product.

  8. Re: Erik Kooistra exposed: "OS/2 Aunt" & "Uncle OS/2"

    Dear Petey,

    As you are obviously determined to ignore the truth about Serenity
    and eComStation, unable to accept the lies they have built their
    pathetic virtual business on, and deaf to those who have repeatedly
    alerted you then yes, continuing this thread with you is pointless.

    Bury your head in the sand. That's a fitting resting place for you.

    >> The eCS user should sit back and ask themselves why
    >> this is. Why would any company purposely shoot themselves
    >> in the foot trying to sell their product. Could it be they don't
    >> really want to sell it beyond a small targeted market of
    >> consumers. Consumers who have frightened themselves
    >> into believing the false propaganda promoted by the
    >> eCS seller. "eCS is the successor of OS/2... eCS is the
    >> future of operating system computing... eCS is Warp 5...
    >> eCS is OS/2...
    >>
    >> Let's examine those marketing claims which are just a
    >> few of probably 200 or so.
    >>
    >> How can any product succeed a product that is still
    >> being developed, enhanced, updated, and sold
    >> by the original maker? Answer: it can't. The claim
    >> that eCS is the "successor" is as bogus as the product
    >> itself.
    >>
    >> "eCS is the future of operating system computing."
    >> Marketing baloney and we all know it.
    >>
    >> "eCS is Warp 5" - wow! This one false claim pretty much
    >> destroyed the credibility of both Serenity and Mensys,
    >> especially after Mensys was ordered by the European
    >> Consumer's Union to cease and desist such false
    >> advertising or face civil and criminal penalties. St. John
    >> could have saved a bit of face had he publicly stated
    >> he was against such a claim but instead he stated publicly
    >> "I have no problem with that [false claim being made by
    >> Mensys that eCS is Warp 5].
    >>
    >> "eCS is OS/2" You have admitted outrightly here that
    >> IBM's OS/2 updates, enhancements, bug fixes, etc.,
    >> cannot be installed directly into eCS but that all such
    >> releases must first be made to work with eCS and
    >> incorporated into a special proprietary program called
    >> a "Tools Maintenance". Thus, the eCS Luser is forced
    >> to wait until Serenity can find volunteers who will work
    >> for free to get any new IBM OS/2 releases to install
    >> and work within the problematic eCS product.

    --
    Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy

  9. Re: Erik Kooistra exposed: "OS/2 Aunt" & "Uncle OS/2" and a rotten OS2Guy

    In een pots <422a627e_2@news3.prserv.net>,
    The OS/2 Guy schreef:

    Stupid Timmy,

    >As you are obviously determined to ignore the truth about Serenity
    >and eComStation.

    The truth is that eComStation is a very reliable and safe OS.

    Stupid boy, you are to dumb to dance for the devil.
    You are the very rotten apple in the eComStation basket.
    A sack wet hay with sawdust in your brain.
    Be proud about the sawdust above your eyes :-).

    --

    With nausea for the name Timmy Martin, Larry Chauvet and other
    the same basterds.

  10. Re: Erik Kooistra exposed: "OS/2 Aunt" & "Uncle OS/2" and a rottenOS2Guy

    Dumber DiiN wrote:
    > In een pots <422a627e_2@news3.prserv.net>,
    > The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >
    >>As you are obviously determined to ignore the truth about Serenity
    >>and eComStation.

    > The truth is that eComStation is a very reliable and safe OS.

    If that were true then people would buy it. Not one Enterprise
    customer has ever purchased the problematic product.

    Not one.

    But go ahead, stick your head up your butt.
    --
    Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy

  11. Re: Erik Kooistra exposed: and a rotten OS2Guy

    In een pots <422b2903_3@news3.prserv.net>,
    The Dumbest of All, OS/2 Guy schreef:

    >> The truth is that eComStation is a very reliable and safe OS.

    >But go ahead, stick your head up your butt.

    Of course i go ahead, you stupid boy. For the same money OS2
    and lots of nice extras in one eComStation. You are confused by
    the sawdust in your head that you cant comprehend it.

    I would not shake hands with an basterd like you, On the other
    hand it would be very attractive.
    Perhaps you should count your fingers when i shake hands with
    you :-).

    --

    With nausea for the names Timmy Martin, Larry Chauvet and other
    names from the same basterd.

+ Reply to Thread