pmmail/2 beta - OS2

This is a discussion on pmmail/2 beta - OS2 ; I'm not currently a Voice member, therefore not involved with pmmail/2 updating. Can anyone tell me if the new version will have SSL and TSL security options? Any other comments on changes or improvements would be appreciated. -- Barbara -- ...

  1. pmmail/2 beta

    --
    Barbara

  2. Re: pmmail/2 beta

    Barbara wrote:

    > Can anyone tell me if the new version will have SSL and TSL security
    > options?

    Yes, it will.
    As an interim solution use Stunnel.

    > Any other comments on changes or improvements would be appreciated.

    Visit .

    (Remove .AXSPAMGN for email)

  3. Re: pmmail/2 beta

    On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 22:22:34 UTC, Jim Moe
    wrote:

    > Barbara wrote:
    > >
    > > Can anyone tell me if the new version will have SSL and TSL security
    > > options?
    > >

    > Yes, it will.

    That's good. Thanks

    > As an interim solution use Stunnel.

    Easy for you to say. I gave myself headaches trying to configure
    that for 4 email accounts, one of which needed SSL, one that needed
    authentication and two that needed nothing special. I'm just not up
    to it. Right now, I use PMMAIL for three of them, but have to use
    Thunderbird for the one that needs SSL.

    > > Any other comments on changes or improvements would be appreciated.
    > >

    > Visit .

    Like I said, I'm not a voice member. It's secret. Not much is
    available unless you "log in".

    --
    Barbara

  4. Re: pmmail/2 beta

    Barbara wrote:
    > On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 22:22:34 UTC, Jim Moe
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Barbara wrote:
    >>> Can anyone tell me if the new version will have SSL and TSL security
    >>> options?
    >>>

    >> Yes, it will.

    > That's good. Thanks
    >
    >> As an interim solution use Stunnel.
    >>

    > Easy for you to say. I gave myself headaches trying to configure
    > that for 4 email accounts, one of which needed SSL, one that needed
    > authentication and two that needed nothing special. I'm just not up
    > to it. Right now, I use PMMAIL for three of them, but have to use
    > Thunderbird for the one that needs SSL.
    >
    >>> Any other comments on changes or improvements would be appreciated.
    >>>

    >> Visit .

    > Like I said, I'm not a voice member. It's secret. Not much is
    > available unless you "log in".

    You don't need to be a Voice member to create an account on the wikki
    and then check the other pages so just create an account
    Dave

  5. Re: pmmail/2 beta

    On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 03:00:02 UTC, "Barbara"
    wrote:

    > > > Can anyone tell me if the new version will have SSL and TSL security
    > > > options?
    > > >

    > > Yes, it will.

    > That's good. Thanks

    That statement may be a little missleading. The current beta does not
    have SSL, and TSL, security. Those are planned for sometime in the
    future.

    --
    From the eComStation 1.2 of Doug Bissett
    dougb007 at telus dot net