problem with Firefon and Seamonkey - OS2

This is a discussion on problem with Firefon and Seamonkey - OS2 ; I have re installed OS/2 4.52 with XR_C005 and have the problem that both Firefox and Seamonkey dissaper when I start them I have d C runtime DLLs (libc-0.5.1) instlled IBM Browsefr 1.1 0.9.2 and Netscape 4.61 is working any ...

  1. problem with Firefon and Seamonkey

    I have re installed OS/2 4.52 with XR_C005
    and have the problem that both Firefox and Seamonkey dissaper when I start
    them
    I have d C runtime DLLs (libc-0.5.1) instlled

    IBM Browsefr 1.1 0.9.2 and
    Netscape 4.61 is working

    any suggestions

    Søren

    * Soren Birkelund Hansen < sorenbh@privat.dk >
    * DK-4000 Roskilde
    * N 55.64427 E 12.09586 CET

  2. Re: problem with Firefon and Seamonkey

    Soren Birkelund Hansen wrote:
    > I have re installed OS/2 4.52 with XR_C005
    > and have the problem that both Firefox and Seamonkey dissaper when I start
    > them
    > I have d C runtime DLLs (libc-0.5.1) instlled
    >
    > IBM Browsefr 1.1 0.9.2 and
    > Netscape 4.61 is working
    >
    > any suggestionse

    You have already accomplished a lot just to get OS/2 4.52 installed and
    updated! Here's from an old post that I did a couple of years ago that
    may have some helpful info:

    I downloaded and installed the April 19, 2006 nightly build (Build ID
    2006041905) of Sea Monkey 1.5a to test and it seems to work quite well.
    To install it, I just uninstalled the IBM Web Browser with it's
    uninstall icon and left the x:\os2web directory in place after the
    uninstallation. Then I installed Sea Monkey 1.5a right into the
    x:\os2web directory and all of my email, settings, bookmarks, plugins,
    etc were all available from Sea Monkey without any problems that I have
    seen. Amazing! Basically, Sea Monkey looks like an updated version of
    the Mozilla/IWB suite.

    So far, everything seems to work okay, even chatzilla. Printing seems
    to work properly. Java works. Themes install okay. Maybe I got lucky
    in picking a nightly build.

    Caveats: You need the libc061.dll package in your os2/dll folder.
    There are three dll files: libc06.dll, libc061.dll, and gcc335.dll. I
    downloaded it at:

    ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/gcc/libc-0.6.1-csd1.zip.

    To get Java to work, you need the latest ipluginw.dll file. I
    downloaded an xpi file 'automated install' package with this in it from
    innotek at:

    http://www.innotek.de/products/javao...appergeneral_e...

    by right-clicking and saving the .xpi file and then installing it
    locally by dragging the xpi file object into an open sea monkey window
    after checking the 'software installation' box on the
    'edit=>preferences=>advanced=>software installation' page

    The ipluginw.dll file gets put in the \components folder and has a date
    of 4 November 2005.

    I downloaded Sea Monkey from the mozilla.org ftpsite at:

    http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.o...ghtly/contrib/

    from the 2006-04-20-05-trunk folder. Alternatively, the warpzilla page
    has the link to the latest version at:

    http://www.mozilla.org/ports/os2/

    --
    Posted with OS/2 Warp 4.52
    and Sea Monkey 1.5a

  3. Re: problem with Firefox and Seamonkey

    when I deleted OS2WEB folder with Seamonkey folder
    and reinstaled OS2WEB 2.0.5 then Seamonkey 1.1.4
    installed correctly into OS2WEB

    my "old" OS2WEB must have been corrupted

    I found libc.0.6.1 on an other drive in an backup folder

    Seamonkey looks fine now it changed the profile from Netscape correctly

    thanks again for uour help

    Søren

    PS: using OS2 Warp server 4.52 + XR_C005 14.104a_SMP
    on an IBM X235, 2 x 2.4MHZ, 6 x SCSI 73GM , 3GB RAM

    On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 09:03:41 -0800, David T. Johnson wrote:

    >Soren Birkelund Hansen wrote:
    >> I have re installed OS/2 4.52 with XR_C005
    >> and have the problem that both Firefox and Seamonkey dissaper when I start
    >> them
    >> I have d C runtime DLLs (libc-0.5.1) instlled
    >>
    >> IBM Browsefr 1.1 0.9.2 and
    >> Netscape 4.61 is working
    >>
    >> any suggestionse

    >You have already accomplished a lot just to get OS/2 4.52 installed and
    >updated! Here's from an old post that I did a couple of years ago that
    >may have some helpful info:
    >
    >I downloaded and installed the April 19, 2006 nightly build (Build ID
    >2006041905) of Sea Monkey 1.5a to test and it seems to work quite well.
    >To install it, I just uninstalled the IBM Web Browser with it's
    >uninstall icon and left the x:\os2web directory in place after the
    >uninstallation. Then I installed Sea Monkey 1.5a right into the
    >x:\os2web directory and all of my email, settings, bookmarks, plugins,
    >etc were all available from Sea Monkey without any problems that I have
    >seen. Amazing! Basically, Sea Monkey looks like an updated version of
    >the Mozilla/IWB suite.
    >
    >So far, everything seems to work okay, even chatzilla. Printing seems
    >to work properly. Java works. Themes install okay. Maybe I got lucky
    >in picking a nightly build.
    >
    >Caveats: You need the libc061.dll package in your os2/dll folder.
    >There are three dll files: libc06.dll, libc061.dll, and gcc335.dll. I
    >downloaded it at:
    >
    >ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/gcc/libc-0.6.1-csd1.zip.
    >
    >To get Java to work, you need the latest ipluginw.dll file. I
    >downloaded an xpi file 'automated install' package with this in it from
    >innotek at:
    >
    >http://www.innotek.de/products/javao...appergeneral_e....
    >
    >by right-clicking and saving the .xpi file and then installing it
    >locally by dragging the xpi file object into an open sea monkey window
    >after checking the 'software installation' box on the
    >'edit=>preferences=>advanced=>software installation' page
    >
    >The ipluginw.dll file gets put in the \components folder and has a date
    >of 4 November 2005.
    >
    >I downloaded Sea Monkey from the mozilla.org ftpsite at:
    >
    >http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.o...ghtly/contrib/
    >
    >from the 2006-04-20-05-trunk folder. Alternatively, the warpzilla page
    >has the link to the latest version at:
    >
    >http://www.mozilla.org/ports/os2/
    >

    >> Søren
    >>

    >> ************************************************** *****
    >> * Soren Birkelund Hansen < sorenbh@privat.dk >
    >> * DK-4000 Roskilde
    >> * N 55.64427 E 12.09586 CET
    >> ************************************************** *****
    >>

    >--
    >Posted with OS/2 Warp 4.52
    >and Sea Monkey 1.5a

    * Soren Birkelund Hansen < sorenbh@privat.dk >
    * DK-4000 Roskilde
    * N 55.64427 E 12.09586 CET

  4. Re: problem with Firefon and Seamonkey

    On Aug 23, 7:03 pm, "David T. Johnson" wrote:
    > Soren Birkelund Hansen wrote:
    > > I have re installed OS/2 4.52 with XR_C005
    > > and have the problem that both Firefox and Seamonkey dissaper when I start
    > > them
    > > I have d C runtime DLLs (libc-0.5.1) instlled

    > > IBM Browsefr 1.1 0.9.2 and
    > > Netscape 4.61 is working

    > > any suggestionse

    > You have already accomplished a lot just to get OS/2 4.52 installed and
    > updated! Here's from an old post that I did a couple of years ago that
    > may have some helpful info:
    >
    > I downloaded and installed the April 19, 2006 nightly build (Build ID
    > 2006041905) of Sea Monkey 1.5a to test and it seems to work quite well.
    > To install it, I just uninstalled the IBM Web Browser with it's
    > uninstall icon and left the x:\os2web directory in place after the
    > uninstallation. Then I installed Sea Monkey 1.5a right into the
    > x:\os2web directory and all of my email, settings, bookmarks, plugins,
    > etc were all available from Sea Monkey without any problems that I have
    > seen. Amazing! Basically, Sea Monkey looks like an updated version of
    > the Mozilla/IWB suite.
    >
    > So far, everything seems to work okay, even chatzilla. Printing seems
    > to work properly. Java works. Themes install okay. Maybe I got lucky
    > in picking a nightly build.
    >
    > Caveats: You need the libc061.dll package in your os2/dll folder.
    > There are three dll files: libc06.dll, libc061.dll, and gcc335.dll. I
    > downloaded it at:
    >
    > ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/gcc/libc-0.6.1-csd1.zip.
    >
    > To get Java to work, you need the latest ipluginw.dll file. I
    > downloaded an xpi file 'automated install' package with this in it from
    > innotek at:
    >
    > http://www.innotek.de/products/javao...appergeneral_e...
    >
    > by right-clicking and saving the .xpi file and then installing it
    > locally by dragging the xpi file object into an open sea monkey window
    > after checking the 'software installation' box on the
    > 'edit=>preferences=>advanced=>software installation' page
    >
    > The ipluginw.dll file gets put in the \components folder and has a date
    > of 4 November 2005.
    >
    > I downloaded Sea Monkey from the mozilla.org ftpsite at:
    >
    > http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.o...ghtly/contrib/
    >
    > from the 2006-04-20-05-trunk folder. Alternatively, the warpzilla page
    > has the link to the latest version at:
    >
    > http://www.mozilla.org/ports/os2/
    >

    > > Søren

    > > ************************************************** *****
    > > * Soren Birkelund Hansen < sore...@privat.dk >
    > > * DK-4000 Roskilde
    > > * N 55.64427 E 12.09586 CET
    > > ************************************************** *****

    > --
    > Posted with OS/2 Warp 4.52
    > and Sea Monkey 1.5a

    The indicated link to get the XPI file for Java plugin doesn't work: I
    get a 404

    Kris Buelens, IBM Belgium

  5. Re: problem with Firefon and Seamonkey

    kris.buelens@gmail.com wrote:

    > The indicated link to get the XPI file for Java plugin doesn't work

    http://www.os2bbs.com/os2news/Warpzilla.html

+ Reply to Thread