Doosle's screen saver - OS2

This is a discussion on Doosle's screen saver - OS2 ; Sir: Is there a feature in Doodle's screen saver that would check to see what program is running and if some certain one were, would not blank the screen. I am thinking of programs like YadTV/2 or Video/2. I don't ...

  1. Doosle's screen saver

    Sir:

    Is there a feature in Doodle's screen saver that would check to see what
    program is running and if some certain one were, would not blank the
    screen. I am thinking of programs like YadTV/2 or Video/2. I don't
    like having to run over to the keyboard and touch it every 10 minutes or
    the movie or TV program is going to be blanked. A simple feature where
    I can add the name of the program I don't want blanked if it's running,
    please.
    --
    Bill
    Thanks a Million!

  2. Re: Doosle's screen saver

    Hi Bill,

    On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 02:36:26 UTC, "William L. Hartzell"
    wrote:
    > Is there a feature in Doodle's screen saver that would check to see what
    > program is running and if some certain one were, would not blank the
    > screen. I am thinking of programs like YadTV/2 or Video/2. I don't
    > like having to run over to the keyboard and touch it every 10 minutes or
    > the movie or TV program is going to be blanked. A simple feature where
    > I can add the name of the program I don't want blanked if it's running,
    > please.

    I don't think such a feature exists - however, there is an API that an
    application can call to temporarily disable the screensaver -
    Warpvision for example can do this.

    --
    Cheers,

    Paul.

  3. Re: Doosle's screen saver

    William L. Hartzell wrote:
    > Sir:
    >
    > Is there a feature in Doodle's screen saver that would check to see what
    > program is running and if some certain one were, would not blank the
    > screen. I am thinking of programs like YadTV/2 or Video/2. I don't
    > like having to run over to the keyboard and touch it every 10 minutes or
    > the movie or TV program is going to be blanked. A simple feature where
    > I can add the name of the program I don't want blanked if it's running,
    > please.

    I think the closest is that Doodles screensaver has an API that other
    programs can call to stop the screensaver from starting.
    You could always contact Doodle and put in a feature request. I know
    that I could use it
    Dave

  4. Re: Doosle's screen saver

    How to disable screensaver while your program is working?

    * call DosLoadModule() for sscore.dll
    * query addresses of SSCore_TempDisable() and TempEnable()
    * call TempDisable() to disable the screensaver, TempEnable() to
    enable it again

    source: eCo Software Developer Connection

  5. Re: Doosle's screen saver

    Hi Bill

    William L. Hartzell wrote:
    > Sir:
    >
    > Is there a feature in Doodle's screen saver that would check to see what
    > program is running and if some certain one were, would not blank the
    > screen. I am thinking of programs like YadTV/2 or Video/2. I don't
    > like having to run over to the keyboard and touch it every 10 minutes or
    > the movie or TV program is going to be blanked. A simple feature where
    > I can add the name of the program I don't want blanked if it's running,
    > please.

    Must admit that I do not use the Doodle SS as it does not work with
    eComCenter but maybe the expedient of killing the screen saver before
    starting to watch movie/tv will help :-)

    Regards

    Pete

  6. Re: Doosle's screen saver

    Peter Brown wrote:

    > Must admit that I do not use the Doodle SS as it does not work with
    > eComCenter

    I haven't seen any problems with WarpCenter?

  7. Re: Doosle's screen saver

    Hi Steve

    Steve Wendt wrote:
    > Peter Brown wrote:
    >
    >> Must admit that I do not use the Doodle SS as it does not work with
    >> eComCenter

    > I haven't seen any problems with WarpCenter?

    Last time I looked it did not hook up to the Lockup button on the
    eComCenter.

    Regards

    Pete

  8. Re: Doosle's screen saver

    Peter Brown wrote:

    > Last time I looked it did not hook up to the Lockup button on the
    > eComCenter.

    I see... I never use that. It does activate with the "Lockup Now"
    desktop menu item, though.

  9. Re: Doosle's screen saver

    On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 22:04:45 UTC, Peter Brown
    wrote:

    > >> Must admit that I do not use the Doodle SS as it does not work with
    > >> eComCenter

    > > I haven't seen any problems with WarpCenter?

    > Last time I looked it did not hook up to the Lockup button on the
    > eComCenter.

    I've noticed that, too. Maybe we should request it as a feature?

    --
    Alex Taylor
    http://www.cs-club.org/~alex

    Please take off hat when replying.

  10. Re: Doosle's screen saver

    Sorry, but: Doosle = Doodle :-)
    He is member of hungarian Team Os/2 ;-)

  11. Re: Doosle's screen saver

    Hi Alex

    Alex Taylor wrote:

    >>> I haven't seen any problems with WarpCenter?

    >> Last time I looked it did not hook up to the Lockup button on the
    >> eComCenter.

    > I've noticed that, too. Maybe we should request it as a feature?

    I did ask about that sometime ago but if I remember the answer correctly
    it is not possible due to lack of source code and/or documentation
    about WarpCenter.

    Regards

    Pete

  12. Re: Doosle's screen saver

    Sir:

    csola wrote:
    > Sorry, but: Doosle = Doodle :-)
    > He is member of hungarian Team Os/2 ;-)

    It is called fat fingers, the d and s keys are next one another on the
    US English keyboard.
    --
    Bill
    Thanks a Million!

  13. Re: Doosle's screen saver

    Peter Brown wrote:

    >>> Last time I looked it did not hook up to the Lockup button on the
    >>> eComCenter.

    > I did ask about that sometime ago but if I remember the answer correctly
    > it is not possible due to lack of source code and/or documentation
    > about WarpCenter.

    If I remember correctly, EscapeGL managed to hook into it (but I could
    be wrong, it's been a long time since I used it).

  14. Re: Doosle's screen saver

    William L. Hartzell wrote:

    > It is called fat fingers, the d and s keys are next one another on the
    > US English keyboard.

    Too Hungarian keyboard ;-)

    csola

  15. Re: Doosle's screen saver

    On Tue, 4 Sep 2007 20:14:32 UTC, Peter Brown
    wrote:

    > >> Last time I looked it did not hook up to the Lockup button on the
    > >> eComCenter.

    > > I've noticed that, too. Maybe we should request it as a feature?

    > I did ask about that sometime ago but if I remember the answer correctly
    > it is not possible due to lack of source code and/or documentation
    > about WarpCenter.

    Alessandro managed to do it for the "shutdown" button in eStyler.
    I admit, the source code which does it looks pretty convoluted, but
    maybe that's just because I don't understand it at all.

    (Also, I think Alessandro did it by using some PM message trickery;
    But the WarpCenter is a SOM class, so it might be possible to do
    using WPS subclassing instead...?)

    --
    Alex Taylor
    http://www.cs-club.org/~alex