what's new? - OS2

This is a discussion on what's new? - OS2 ; I had to leave OS/2-ecomstation behind a few years ago. Been waiting and hoping for an OS/2 hosted virtual pc, that can guest windows 2K or XP The Svista web page doesn't respond. Just curious if after several years, anyone ...

  1. what's new?

    I had to leave OS/2-ecomstation behind a few years ago.

    Been waiting and hoping for an OS/2 hosted virtual pc, that can guest
    windows 2K or XP

    The Svista web page doesn't respond.

    Just curious if after several years, anyone has figured out how to
    make it work, and if so, did they bring along USB with it? USB really
    matters anymore.

    Thanks,

    John

  2. Re: what's new?

    On 08/10/07 11:17 pm John wrote:

    > I had to leave OS/2-ecomstation behind a few years ago.
    >
    > Been waiting and hoping for an OS/2 hosted virtual pc, that can guest
    > windows 2K or XP
    >
    > The Svista web page doesn't respond.
    >
    > Just curious if after several years, anyone has figured out how to
    > make it work, and if so, did they bring along USB with it? USB really
    > matters anymore.

    The people developing SVista were bought out, and the new owners aren't
    interested in supporting OS/2 / eCS as a host.

    Perce

  3. Re: what's new?

    John wrote:
    > I had to leave OS/2-ecomstation behind a few years ago.
    >
    > Been waiting and hoping for an OS/2 hosted virtual pc, that can guest
    > windows 2K or XP
    >
    > The Svista web page doesn't respond.
    >
    > Just curious if after several years, anyone has figured out how to
    > make it work, and if so, did they bring along USB with it? USB really
    > matters anymore.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > John

    Innotek has been developing virtualbox (see virtualbox.org). Unluckily
    it doesn't officially support running on OS/2 but supposedly it will
    build and run. And yes it does appear to have USB support.
    Dave

  4. Re: what's new?

    Rats :-( That's too bad, but I sure appreciate the update guys.

    Regards,

    John

+ Reply to Thread