Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 Has Been Released - OS2

This is a discussion on Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 Has Been Released - OS2 ; The following was sent to the 3 OS/2 news services that I always post to, however after two days, for various reasons, none of those sites has posted news. So, before this is old news, I thought I would post ...

  1. Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 Has Been Released

    The following was sent to the 3 OS/2 news services that I always post
    to, however after two days, for various reasons, none of those sites
    has posted news. So, before this is old news, I thought I would post
    it here FWIW:

    Michael Kaply has released Mozilla's Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 (Official)
    for OS/2. Thunderbird 2.x is Mozilla's next generation, state of the
    art, full-featured email, RSS and newsgroup client. It is OPEN
    SOURCE, and free. This release is a security update. It fixes 2
    vulnerabilities, one of which is rated critical: MFSA 2007-27
    Unescaped URIs passed to external programs.

    You can download it here:

    http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozi....en-US.os2.zip

    NOTE: In the unlikely event that you don't already have it, this
    release requires the C runtime DLLs (libc-0.5.1) from Innotek.
    Version 0.5.1 includes an installer. Available here:

    http://download.innotek.de/gccos2/ru...libc-0.5.1.exe

    NOTE: To have both Firefox, & Thunderbird in use at the same time (or
    ANY other Mozilla app) they *MUST* be at the SAME version level, or a
    mismatched DLL will still be in memory when you attempt to start a
    second Mozilla based program. The easiest way to get around this
    limitation, and use DIFFERENT version levels of Firefox, Thunderbird,
    Kompozer, etc., is with Rich Walsh's Run! utility. It is tiny, and
    VERY easy to set up. To make life even easier, I recommend that you
    download & use the Internet Application Integration utility from Chuck
    McKinnis, which actually contains the Run! utility, and sets it up for
    you, along with coordinating your web browser with your email client
    for "mailto" links, etc. You can find it here:

    http://7cities.net/~mckinnis/code/iai1050.exe

    Or, if you'd rather do it yourself, here is the Run! utility:

    http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/pub/os2/util/wps/run_060.zip

    Thunderbird extensions (add-ons) that add additional functionality are
    available here:

    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thu.../browse/type:1

    Thunderbird themes (skins) are available here:

    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thu.../browse/type:2

    A utility to migrate mail from PMMail to Thunderbird is available
    here:

    http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/pub/os2/apps/.../pmm_tbird.zip

    For more information on the Thunderbird e-mail and newsgroup client:

    For a list of what's new in this release:

    http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/releases/

    Tips and tricks for Thunderbird can be found here:

    http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/tips

    If you have questions, or just want the latest, greatest tips for
    Firefox, Thunderbird, & SeaMonkey, Steve Wendt's excellent "Tips For
    Warpzilla" page can be found here:

    http://www.os2bbs.com/os2news/Warpzilla.html

    And finally, if you still have questions, or just want to participate
    in a Mozilla for OS/2 discussion forum, the Warpzilla newsgroup can be
    found here:

    Regards,
    Sander

  2. Re: Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 Has Been Released

    On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 18:33:20 UTC, sander.sanco@netzero.net wrote:

    -> The following was sent to the 3 OS/2 news services that I always post
    -> to, however after two days, for various reasons, none of those sites
    -> has posted news.

    I can't speak for the other sites, but os2voice.org (and warpstock.org
    which is on the same server) have been down since at least yesterday.
    I haven't heard back from the server admin as to the reason.
    Hopefully it will be back up soon.

    Mark

    -> So, before this is old news, I thought I would post
    -> it here FWIW:
    ->
[...]
    -> http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/
    ->

    --
    From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

    http://www.warpstock.eu

  3. Re: Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 Has Been Released

    On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 23:20:13 UTC, "Mark Dodel"
    wrote:

    > I can't speak for the other sites, but os2voice.org (and warpstock.org
    > which is on the same server) have been down since at least yesterday.
    > I haven't heard back from the server admin as to the reason.
    > Hopefully it will be back up soon.

    Bits, and pieces, of them are coming back, slowly. Something major
    happened, and I assume that those who know, are working on getting it
    back.

    --
    From the eComStation 1.2 of Doug Bissett
    dougb007 at telus dot net