problem printing to a network printer - OS2

This is a discussion on problem printing to a network printer - OS2 ; Here's the setup I have: two eCS 1.2 Refresh systems running with essen- tially identical configurations, except that one is on a PC and the other is on a Virtual Machine running on a Mac under Parallels Desktop. The printer ...

  1. problem printing to a network printer

    Here's the setup I have: two eCS 1.2 Refresh systems running with essen-
    tially identical configurations, except that one is on a PC and the other
    is on a Virtual Machine running on a Mac under Parallels Desktop. The
    printer is a LaserJet 6mp with a D-Link print server, connected by Ether-
    net cable to a D-Link Switch, from which cables go to both PC and the Mac.

    Running the program Maple V4 on the PC I can print the current worksheet,
    as well as anything else I need. On the Virtual Machine, running the
    exact same Maple V4 with the same worksheet, nothing prints on the prin-
    ter. A small window appears saying 'Printing page 1', then 'Printing page
    2', etc, but nothing actually gets to the printer. The spooler shows the
    job with a little red slashed circle between the printer and the document,
    suggesting some essential link is missing. But what?

    On that same Virtual Machine I can use a browser to access the print ser-
    ver, and from it print a test page successfully. Also, I can print a page
    using my Boxer text editor. So why can't I print from Maple V4?

    Anyone have any ideas what I'm missing?

    - Dushan Mitrovich

  2. Re: problem printing to a network printer

    I am lousy on this subject, but I don't send the print job to print
    server (router in my case) but to the printers address.

  3. Re: problem printing to a network printer

    In , on 08/09/2007
    at 11:20 PM, anti@spamming.org (Dushan Mitrovich) said:

    Hi,

    >On that same Virtual Machine I can use a browser to access the print ser-
    >ver, and from it print a test page successfully. Also, I can print a
    >page using my Boxer text editor. So why can't I print from Maple V4?

    Are both Boxer and Maple doing standard PM printing or are they printing
    directly to LPTx?

    When you say you can print a test page, do you mean you can print a random
    page from the web?

    One possibility is that the Maple has a printing defect that only shows up
    on the VPC setup. What happens if you print to a file, copy to the other
    system and drop the file on the network printer object?

    If you open the properties for the stuck print job, you might see
    something in the status fields. Perhaps there is a forms mismatch.

    Steven

    Steven Levine MR2/ICE 3.00 beta 08pre #10183