Browser sanity check - OS2

This is a discussion on Browser sanity check - OS2 ; I have been a (mostly) happy user of Communicator 4.6.1 since its early days. Some weeks ago I began having problems accessing certain member services offered by my ISP (AT&T Worldnet). Accessing these services requires logging in, and the login ...

  1. Browser sanity check

    I have been a (mostly) happy user of Communicator 4.6.1 since its early days.
    Some weeks ago I began having problems accessing certain member services offered
    by my ISP (AT&T Worldnet). Accessing these services requires logging in, and
    the login page uses bad ol' Javascript. (Customer Service "answered" my
    complaints with the common assumption that I use Windoze despite my stating up
    front that I don't, but that's another story.) The problem is still unresolved,
    so yesterday I sighed deeply and D/L the 14MB or so that comprises Seamonkey
    (not fun on a dial-up!), installed it and the runtime (a breeze!), and again
    tried to access those Worldnet member services. Same problem: stalls with
    "Waiting for memberservices.att.net..." in the status bar. So I guess AT&T
    *either* has a Web page problem *or* thumbs its nose at OS/2. Or both.

    Michael

  2. Re: Browser sanity check

    Hi Michael:

    My SeaMonkey appears to have no problems at all
    with:

    https://memberservices.att.net/msws/MemberServices
    https://memberservices.att.net/msws/MSAuth

    Evidently, I could not log in.

    lin Baden

    In <46B88E16.50CFDA8D@att.net>, Michael writes:
    >I have been a (mostly) happy user of Communicator 4.6.1 since its early days.
    >Some weeks ago I began having problems accessing certain member services offered
    >by my ISP (AT&T Worldnet). Accessing these services requires logging in, and
    >the login page uses bad ol' Javascript. (Customer Service "answered" my
    >complaints with the common assumption that I use Windoze despite my stating up
    >front that I don't, but that's another story.) The problem is still unresolved,
    >so yesterday I sighed deeply and D/L the 14MB or so that comprises Seamonkey
    >(not fun on a dial-up!), installed it and the runtime (a breeze!), and again
    >tried to access those Worldnet member services. Same problem: stalls with
    >"Waiting for memberservices.att.net..." in the status bar. So I guess AT&T
    >*either* has a Web page problem *or* thumbs its nose at OS/2. Or both.
    >
    >Michael

    Let Ignorance and Intolerance Rule!

    Baden Kudrenecky
    baden@baden.nu
    http://baden.nu/

  3. Re: Browser sanity check

    Thanks for the feedback, Lin. I can get to the pages you enumerated just fine.
    Simply surfing is not the problem I have.

    Right, your login attempt *should* fail (assuming you are not a Worldnet
    customer).
    I can usually - though not always - login and can do all sorts of things, for
    example update my credit card info., but some of the services have simply
    stopped working for me. For years they worked; now they don't.