Create PEER client 'Resource Browser' with SysCreateObject - OS2

This is a discussion on Create PEER client 'Resource Browser' with SysCreateObject - OS2 ; Does someone have the parameters??? ....eric...

  1. Create PEER client 'Resource Browser' with SysCreateObject

    Does someone have the parameters???

    ....eric

  2. Re: Create PEER client 'Resource Browser' with SysCreateObject

    On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 15:14:47 GMT, eric w wrote:

    > Does someone have the parameters???

    /**/
    call RxFuncAdd 'SysLoadFuncs', 'REXXUTIL', 'SysLoadFuncs'
    call SysLoadFuncs
    class = 'WPNetgrp'
    title = 'File and Print Client^Resource Browser'
    location = ''
    setup = 'NETID=LS;ICONVIEW=NONGRID,NORMAL;TREEVIEW=LINES,V ISIBLE,MINI;DEFAULTSORT=-2;ALWAYSSORT=NO;ICONVIEWPOS=14,61,79,19;NOMOVE=YES ;NOCOPY=YES;NOPRINT=YES;DEFAULTVIEW=ICON;'
    call SysCreateObject class, title, location, setup, 'R'

  3. Re: Create PEER client 'Resource Browser' with SysCreateObject

    On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 18:27:23 UTC, Paul Ratcliffe
    wrote:

    > On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 15:14:47 GMT, eric w wrote:
    >
    > > Does someone have the parameters???

    > /**/
    > call RxFuncAdd 'SysLoadFuncs', 'REXXUTIL', 'SysLoadFuncs'
    > call SysLoadFuncs
    > class = 'WPNetgrp'
    > title = 'File and Print Client^Resource Browser'
    > location = ''
    > setup = 'NETID=LS;ICONVIEW=NONGRID,NORMAL;TREEVIEW=LINES,V ISIBLE,MINI;DEFAULTSORT=-2;ALWAYSSORT=NO;ICONVIEWPOS=14,61,79,19;NOMOVE=YES ;NOCOPY=YES;NOPRINT=YES;DEFAULTVIEW=ICON;'
    > call SysCreateObject class, title, location, setup, 'R'

    ECS 1.2R up to date.

    As useless as the browser can be (I'm trying to get used to an older utility
    called CONMAN) I am attempting to restore its functionality.

    I deleted all the shadows (many obsolete names and many duplicates) ran
    CHECKINI & CLEANINI as I have done many times in past years, but although its
    empty no repopulation occurs. I have another 1.2 test box on the LAN which is
    working so the required packets are getting through.

    Running the above REXX makes it clock after openning.

    Should I deregister the class before recreating; any suggestions short of
    reinstalling PEER?

    finally learning a wee bit of WPS....
    ....eric

  4. Re: Create PEER client 'Resource Browser' with SysCreateObject

    On Wed, 1 Aug 2007 16:19:28 UTC, "eric w" wrote:

    > On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 18:27:23 UTC, Paul Ratcliffe
    > wrote:
    >
    > > On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 15:14:47 GMT, eric w wrote:
    > >
    > > > Does someone have the parameters???

    > > /**/
    > > call RxFuncAdd 'SysLoadFuncs', 'REXXUTIL', 'SysLoadFuncs'
    > > call SysLoadFuncs
    > > class = 'WPNetgrp'
    > > title = 'File and Print Client^Resource Browser'
    > > location = ''
    > > setup = 'NETID=LS;ICONVIEW=NONGRID,NORMAL;TREEVIEW=LINES,V ISIBLE,MINI;DEFAULTSORT=-2;ALWAYSSORT=NO;ICONVIEWPOS=14,61,79,19;NOMOVE=YES ;NOCOPY=YES;NOPRINT=YES;DEFAULTVIEW=ICON;'
    > > call SysCreateObject class, title, location, setup, 'R'

    > ECS 1.2R up to date.
    >
    > As useless as the browser can be (I'm trying to get used to an older utility
    > called CONMAN) I am attempting to restore its functionality.
    >
    > I deleted all the shadows (many obsolete names and many duplicates) ran
    > CHECKINI & CLEANINI as I have done many times in past years, but although its
    > empty no repopulation occurs. I have another 1.2 test box on the LAN which is
    > working so the required packets are getting through.
    >
    > Running the above REXX makes it clock after openning.
    >
    > Should I deregister the class before recreating; any suggestions short of
    > reinstalling PEER?
    >
    > finally learning a wee bit of WPS....
    > ...eric

    I compared the CHECKINI detailed output from both boxes; whats missing from the
    bad box are folder entries with class WPServer.

  5. Re: Create PEER client 'Resource Browser' with SysCreateObject

    On 01.08.07 18:19, eric w wrote:

    > Running the above REXX makes it clock after openning.

    I would restore a desktop (ini) archive. Further tries don't make
    sense IMO.

    --
    Andreas Schnellbacher

  6. Re: Create PEER client 'Resource Browser' with SysCreateObject

    eric w schrieb:
    > On Wed, 1 Aug 2007 16:19:28 UTC, "eric w" wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 18:27:23 UTC, Paul Ratcliffe
    >> wrote:

    >>> /**/
    >>> call RxFuncAdd 'SysLoadFuncs', 'REXXUTIL', 'SysLoadFuncs'
    >>> call SysLoadFuncs
    >>> class = 'WPNetgrp'
    >>> title = 'File and Print Client^Resource Browser'
    >>> location = ''
    >>> setup = 'NETID=LS;ICONVIEW=NONGRID,NORMAL;TREEVIEW=LINES,V ISIBLE,MINI;DEFAULTSORT=-2;ALWAYSSORT=NO;ICONVIEWPOS=14,61,79,19;NOMOVE=YES ;NOCOPY=YES;NOPRINT=YES;DEFAULTVIEW=ICON;'
    >>> call SysCreateObject class, title, location, setup, 'R'

    >> ECS 1.2R up to date.
    >>
    >> As useless as the browser can be (I'm trying to get used to an older utility
    >> called CONMAN) I am attempting to restore its functionality.
    >>
    >> I deleted all the shadows (many obsolete names and many duplicates) ran
    >> CHECKINI & CLEANINI as I have done many times in past years, but although its
    >> empty no repopulation occurs. I have another 1.2 test box on the LAN which is
    >> working so the required packets are getting through.
    >>
    >> Running the above REXX makes it clock after openning.
    >>
    >> Should I deregister the class before recreating; any suggestions short of
    >> reinstalling PEER?
    >>
    >> finally learning a wee bit of WPS....
    >> ...eric
    >>

    > I compared the CHECKINI detailed output from both boxes; whats missing from the
    > bad box are folder entries with class WPServer.

    Obvious that they are missing as these are the objects that represent
    other servers.
    Maybe this helps:

    http://news.ecomstation.com/article....tworking#10767

    Lars

  7. Re: Create PEER client 'Resource Browser' with SysCreateObject

    On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 16:19:28 GMT, eric w wrote:

    > Running the above REXX makes it clock after openning.

    What? Do you mean lock? What locks?

    > Should I deregister the class before recreating;

    If you deregister the class you can't create an object of the class.
    Deregistering and reregistering is almost certainly a waste of time.

  8. Re: Create PEER client 'Resource Browser' with SysCreateObject

    On Wed, 1 Aug 2007 21:10:37 UTC, Paul Ratcliffe
    wrote:

    > On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 16:19:28 GMT, eric w wrote:
    >
    > > Running the above REXX makes it clock after openning.

    > What? Do you mean lock? What locks?
    >
    > > Should I deregister the class before recreating;

    > If you deregister the class you can't create an object of the class.
    > Deregistering and reregistering is almost certainly a waste of time.

    I run the REXX; then when I open the BROWSER the cursor changes to a CLOCK as
    long as the folder has the focus.

  9. Re: Create PEER client 'Resource Browser' with SysCreateObject

    On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 01:22:53 GMT, eric w wrote:

    >> > Running the above REXX makes it clock after openning.

    >> What? Do you mean lock? What locks?

    > I run the REXX; then when I open the BROWSER the cursor changes to a CLOCK as
    > long as the folder has the focus.

    To use "clock" as a verb in this context is somewhat confusing.

    That happened to me when I tried to create a second object. I suspect your
    object has been moved rather than deleted. Try opening it by object ID.

  10. Re: Create PEER client 'Resource Browser' with SysCreateObject

    On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 15:14:47 UTC, "eric w" wrote:

    > Does someone have the parameters???

    A bit late, but FWIW, the browser object is special in that it's
    supposed to be created automatically by the WPNetwork folder class.

    I think the proper way to recreate it would be to move everything
    out of the "Network Utilities" folder (WPS class WPNetwork), then
    delete the folder, reboot, use REXX to recreate it, e.g.:

    CALL RxFuncAdd 'SysLoadFuncs', 'REXXUTIL', 'SysLoadFuncs'
    CALL SysLoadFuncs
    CALL SysCreateObject 'WPNetwork', 'Network Utilities',,
    '', 'OBJECTID=', 'R'

    and then reboot again to be safe.

    Note that the folder will not be visible if you don't have a
    functioning NETBIOS network interface of some kind.

    --
    Alex Taylor
    http://www.cs-club.org/~alex

  11. Re: Create PEER client 'Resource Browser' with SysCreateObject

    ..better than never!

    On Tue, 4 Sep 2007 08:54:02 UTC, "Alex Taylor"
    wrote:
    > A bit late

+ Reply to Thread