Innotek font problem? - OS2

This is a discussion on Innotek font problem? - OS2 ; I have a long web page which I scroll down through the browser window. The HTML code has been validated by W3C and the page works on other boxes, so I assume I have a run time problem in one ...

  1. Innotek font problem?

    I have a long web page which I scroll down through the browser window. The HTML
    code has been validated by W3C and the page works on other boxes, so I assume I
    have a run time problem in one box configuration.

    Firefox paints the page perfectly as I scroll down, until the buttons in a form
    emerge at the bottom of the window, then the Warp desktop freezes and CAD is the
    only way out.

    IBM browser with Java 1.3.1 crashes as it attepmts to open the page.

    NS 4.61 paints the page almost correctly and without fuss.

    This page worked in all browsers until I simultaneously installed Innotek java
    1.4.2_09 for Firefox and installed Innotek font support.

    I am not planing to make any more changes, but I am curious about the reason for
    the problem.

  2. Re: Innotek font problem?

    Hi johnsuth

    johnsuth@nospam.com.au wrote:
    > I have a long web page which I scroll down through the browser window. The HTML
    > code has been validated by W3C and the page works on other boxes, so I assume I
    > have a run time problem in one box configuration.
    >
    > Firefox paints the page perfectly as I scroll down, until the buttons in a form
    > emerge at the bottom of the window, then the Warp desktop freezes and CAD is the
    > only way out.
    >
    > IBM browser with Java 1.3.1 crashes as it attepmts to open the page.
    >
    > NS 4.61 paints the page almost correctly and without fuss.
    >
    > This page worked in all browsers until I simultaneously installed Innotek java
    > 1.4.2_09 for Firefox and installed Innotek font support.
    >
    > I am not planing to make any more changes, but I am curious about the reason for
    > the problem.

    Some questions just to get you started on finding answers :-)

    Which version of Innotek Font Engine? - and what apps are listed in the
    Registry to work with this software?

    Which is the "Default" java on the system? - java being the more likely
    cause of the problems above.

    Regards

    Pete

  3. Re: Innotek font problem?

    In , Peter Brown writes:
    >Hi johnsuth
    >
    >johnsuth@nospam.com.au wrote:
    >> I have a long web page which I scroll down through the browser window. The HTML
    >> code has been validated by W3C and the page works on other boxes, so I assume I
    >> have a run time problem in one box configuration.
    >>
    >> Firefox paints the page perfectly as I scroll down, until the buttons in a form
    >> emerge at the bottom of the window, then the Warp desktop freezes and CAD is the
    >> only way out.
    >>
    >> IBM browser with Java 1.3.1 crashes as it attepmts to open the page.
    >>
    >> NS 4.61 paints the page almost correctly and without fuss.
    >>
    >> This page worked in all browsers until I simultaneously installed Innotek java
    >> 1.4.2_09 for Firefox and installed Innotek font support.
    >>
    >> I am not planing to make any more changes, but I am curious about the reason for
    >> the problem.
    >>

    >Some questions just to get you started on finding answers :-)
    >
    >Which version of Innotek Font Engine? looks like 260 B1

    - and what apps are listed in the
    >Registry to work with this software? Thunderbird, Firefox, Mozilla, OS2web

    >Which is the "Default" java on the system? now 1.4.2_09, was 131

    - java being the more likely
    >cause of the problems above. All browsers have always used different Java

    plugins

+ Reply to Thread